PDA

View Full Version : New mascot question

starkvegasdawg
08-12-2018, 02:03 PM
When the cheaters changed to a bear they were all adamant they were still the rebels and the bear was named rebel. Well this new demon shark looking thing is named Tony. So are they still the rebels? Ole miss Tony's? Land sharks? What?

West Tn Dawg
08-12-2018, 02:13 PM
Should have called themselves the Lafayette Lizards! Looks more like a lizard than a shark.
I am almost ashamed to tell anyone I'm from MS. They have ruined any respect we were beginning to receive.
Damn Lizards!

starkvegasdawg
08-12-2018, 02:18 PM
Should have called themselves the Lafayette Lizards! Looks more like a lizard than a shark.
I am almost ashamed to tell anyone I'm from MS. They have ruined any respect we were beginning to receive.
Damn Lizards!

Looks like something out of a bad acid trip. I think Yancy must have designed it.

Pinto
08-12-2018, 02:41 PM
If you notice, none of the merchandise they are marketing with it has rebels on it. This is the first slow step(although a bad one) in doing away with Rebels.

Bully13
08-12-2018, 02:42 PM
Tommy tuberville started this and he actually had a legit point regarding recruiting. Tsun PR team has since then has created a mushroom cloud of national embarrassment. Tsun always had a more recognizable national brand than us due to those who still jerk to Gone with the Wind. While a great movie, one that I personally enjoy, I have a hard time understanding being so obsessed with it that I would let that obsession dictate my education choice.

The more they do, the worse it gets for them. Lies being covered by more lies and thus the snowball effect. Civil Rights is the alpha and omega of Ole Miss.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-12-2018, 02:55 PM
Vitter said "I want to state unequivocally that we are, and always will be, the Ole Miss rebels."

That's a stupid thing to say, because always is a long time. I would bet a million bucks that he is wrong. They might change names next year, 100 years from now, or 1000 years from now. But they will change names, or cease to exist.

Pit Bull
08-12-2018, 05:04 PM
If you notice, none of the merchandise they are marketing with it has rebels on it. This is the first slow step(although a bad one) in doing away with Rebels.

Correct...."Rebels" and "Ole Miss" are going away eventually. The plan has been to move toward a totally not racial, non plantation, non old-south type institution. They knew it would take years to remove the old guard, but it is slowly happening. I would say in 5 years they will have a fully generic name void of any of the Civil War related nicknames, symbols, etc. I think I would have come up with something better than a landshark though. Kind of weird I have seen "Mississippi Burning" scheduled several times on different cable channels over the last couple weeks. Gives the nation a great look into how their school and athletics are set up with the good ole boy network. The bad side, that movie in a way can be wrongly associated with us too.

timotheus
08-12-2018, 05:08 PM
It makes one wonder exactly what type individuals are actually pulling the strings there in oxford.

BeardoMSU
08-12-2018, 05:12 PM
Vitter said "I want to state unequivocally that we are, and always will be, the Ole Miss rebels."

Look away, look away....

It's funny that he say's "we" considering those bastards can't wait to get rid of him.

Commercecomet24
08-12-2018, 06:18 PM
So does rebel rags now become land shark rags? Lol