PDA

View Full Version : Mods: Recruiting thread

Bass Chaser
08-12-2018, 11:30 AM
Would someone please start a new recruiting thread? It has so many rabbit trails you can't follow our folks who are in the know. There's definitely some interesting discussions in there. They just don't pertain to recruiting.

Leroy Jenkins
08-12-2018, 11:52 AM
Would someone please start a new recruiting thread? It has so many rabbit trails you can't follow our folks who are in the know. There's definitely some interesting discussions in there. They just don't pertain to recruiting.

I don't bother much with the recruiting thread anymore. Normally, if anything significant happens, someone will start an independent thread about it.

bostondawg
08-12-2018, 01:46 PM
We need a whole board dedicated to it.

Leroy Jenkins
08-12-2018, 02:30 PM
We need a whole board dedicated to it.

I 2nd the motion.

Bully13
08-12-2018, 03:26 PM
The only request I'd make is to remind posters to limit nicknames and partial names to make the thread more user friendly.

Saltydog
08-12-2018, 03:28 PM
hard to follow unless you have a ton of time to comb thru it...??.

Bully13
08-12-2018, 03:35 PM
hard to follow unless you have a ton of time to comb thru it...??.

Yep. Sucks to have a thread dominated by insiders who dis others out of convenience and hipness.

Offshore Dawg
08-12-2018, 04:23 PM
Yep. Sucks to have a thread dominated by insiders who dis others out of convenience and hipness.

DILLY, DILLY !!!

Your avatar must be a tcun recruiter ( Blond hair, Big Tits, Blue eyes, and practicing her Sucking ).

BeastMan
08-12-2018, 07:42 PM
The thread is very easy to follow if you check it every day or 2. Personally, I hate separating MSU football, basketball, baseball, and recruiting into separate boards. It’s terrible. The old gp model.

fader2103
08-12-2018, 08:49 PM
I agree that it needs its own board. Maybe go ahead and get rid of PP. nothing has been posted in there in months.

ScoobaDawg
08-12-2018, 09:03 PM
I agree that it needs its own board. Maybe go ahead and get rid of PP. nothing has been posted in there in months.

No on a separate forum for recruiting.. yall dont visit the other forums as is.
If you want to see activity in PP..feel free to post something instead of just b!tiching nothings getting posted.

Leroy Jenkins
08-12-2018, 09:29 PM
If you want to see activity in PP..feel free to post something instead of just b!tiching nothings getting posted.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--0Q-yYdUl--/c_fit,f_auto,fl_progressive,q_80,w_320/qjr52vantirurbcxgriy.gif

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-13-2018, 08:47 AM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Nw8z2olm0nGHC/giphy.gif

fader2103
08-13-2018, 09:48 AM

Maybe if we had forums worth visiting then we would, besides having to have "Special Privileges" to visit them. I was just giving an example with the PP forum activity, if you don't want to delete it don't do it. Just add a recruiting forum. It would probably have a lot more activity than others.

ScoobaDawg
08-13-2018, 10:03 AM
Maybe if we had forums worth visiting then we would, besides having to have "Special Privileges" to visit them. I was just giving an example with the PP forum activity, if you don't want to delete it don't do it. Just add a recruiting forum. It would probably have a lot more activity than others.

I highly doubt it. Anyways, not my call. And again, that's small mind thinking.. "if we has forums worth visiting" the forums are only what you and the rest of the board make of them. I can't force y'all to go over and particpate talking about movies, concerts, food or anything else besides sports.

Political Hack
08-13-2018, 10:10 AM
That's just silly. Why would someone want to talk about something other than sports?

BeastMan
08-13-2018, 11:10 AM

There is a core group of good guys on the outdoor board. Wish more would start threads and/or respond to threads. Especially the weekend Cooking/drinking threads. Who doesn’t like to grill, hunt, fish, cook, bourbon, build, mod, etc... Come on through

yjnkdawg
08-13-2018, 12:18 PM
I think the Recruiting Thread would be fine if it was kept to actual updates and intelligent comments on potential MSU recruits. What I think has ruined it is this stuff like. Why can't we get these kids to stay in MS and come to MSU. Why does he want to go there? What's wrong with this and that, etc.. I can understand why Ari wants to take a vacation from the thread, and I imagine IYOK has also considered that , as well. The person or few persons who bring this crap to the Recruiting Board. apparently have no clue on how recruiting works , and that a kid (potential recruit) has a mind of his own, and may not want to do what we would like for him to do. He may actually like another school, better. He may have ties to another school. He may want to get out and see the country, or just get away from his home town. Anyway, he or they post enough of that other stuff on ED that you can get all you want to read or could care less reading.