PDA

View Full Version : Any word from the scrimmage??

CadaverDawg
08-12-2018, 12:34 AM
Was any media allowed in or anything?

iPat09
08-12-2018, 12:35 AM
It was closed to everybody.

tireddawg
08-12-2018, 12:41 AM
Heard the D is for real.

Todd4State
08-12-2018, 12:50 AM
Heard the D is for real.

But.....but.....but.....that probably means the offense is bad.**

(Signed every chicken little MSU fan ever)

hacker
08-12-2018, 06:24 AM
I read this on 247:

First team offense didn’t score a touchdown vs first string D. Had 3 field goals. Peters had an “impressive” INT. Some of the better players like Kylin, Aeris, and Sweat only played a couple series.

KT and second string offense scored three TDs on second string D. TD passes to Jesse Jackson and Dear. Gibson with rushing TD.

drummerdawg
08-12-2018, 06:46 AM
The one thing that concerns me a little about the offense especially early on is Fitz getting used to everything. I could be wrong but from everything I've seen and read Fitz has only done passing drills and 7 vs 7. I'm thinking this was his first 11 vs 11 since his injury, so I'm sure it's going to take some getting used to for him. May not sound like much and it might not be, but he's having to learn to read the field a little differently since the last time he was out there against 11 other guys. So, to me it makes sense KT moved the ball much better in the scrimmage since he's been having all those reps since the bowl game.

Not saying I'm worried about Fitz at all, I just think he might be a little more behind than people think and might take a few games to really get going.

bulldawg28
08-12-2018, 07:31 AM
The one thing that concerns me a little about the offense especially early on is Fitz getting used to everything. I could be wrong but from everything I've seen and read Fitz has only done passing drills and 7 vs 7. I'm thinking this was his first 11 vs 11 since his injury, so I'm sure it's going to take some getting used to for him. May not sound like much and it might not be, but he's having to learn to read the field a little differently since the last time he was out there against 11 other guys. So, to me it makes sense KT moved the ball much better in the scrimmage since he's been having all those reps since the bowl game.

Not saying I'm worried about Fitz at all, I just think he might be a little more behind than people think and might take a few games to really get going.

All truth

ShotgunDawg
08-12-2018, 08:05 AM

Maybe or Fitz was going against one of the top 5 defenses in America and KT was not.

Depending on how many drives they got, I don't think 3 FGs against our defense is all that terrible for the first scrimmage.

DogsofAnarchy
08-12-2018, 08:52 AM
Was any media allowed in or anything?

Guys....come on now.... y?all know that defense is always ahead of offense this time of year.

Cooterpoot
08-12-2018, 09:08 AM
Fitz didn’t play much. They can’t hit him (very little RPO). I wouldn’t worry about Fitz.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-12-2018, 10:11 AM
I read this on 247:

First team offense didn’t score a touchdown vs first string D. Had 3 field goals. Peters had an “impressive” INT. Some of the better players like Kylin, Aeris, and Sweat only played a couple series.

KT and second string offense scored three TDs on second string D. TD passes to Jesse Jackson and Dear. Gibson with rushing TD.

Not that surprising imo. 2nd String O is better than 2nd string D at every position but the line, and KT is about as good at Fitz so there's no dropoff there.

The 2nd string Ds secondary is a huge drop off. To go from Datzler-Peters-Cole-McLaurin-Abrams to Rayford-Smitherman-Williams-Landrews-Guidry is a much bigger gap than the WR's and QB play from 1st to 2nd string.

Is Fit'z behind? Does he need a lot of time to adjust? Maybe, but because 2nd string O has significant strengths over 2nd string D I can't conclude anything. We know Key is really good anyway

CadaverDawg
08-12-2018, 10:19 AM
I read this on 247:

Thanks, that's interesting. Glad to see Dear's name in the TD column again.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-12-2018, 11:15 AM
Fitz Aeris & Kylin didn't play a lot. 1st team O moved the ball some just couldn't finish the drives off. 1st team Defense is everything we thought they were but the offense will be fine. Fitz will be fine & he's practiced 11 on 11 all fall camp this wasn't his 1st time. He's good to go.

CadaverDawg
08-12-2018, 02:56 PM
Fitz Aeris & Kylin didn't play a lot. 1st team O moved the ball some just couldn't finish the drives off. 1st team Defense is everything we thought they were but the offense will be fine. Fitz will be fine & he's practiced 11 on 11 all fall camp this wasn't his 1st time. He's good to go.

So the first team D dominated even without much Sweat & Simmons? I'm not surprised, so deep and D is likely much further ahead than O since they're learning a new scheme.

Is there any fear that we could slip up early to a team we should beat due to growing pains in installing the new offense?

MarketingBully
08-12-2018, 03:29 PM
So the first team D dominated even without much Sweat & Simmons? I'm not surprised, so deep and D is likely much further ahead than O since they're learning a new scheme.

Is there any fear that we could slip up early to a team we should beat due to growing pains in installing the new offense?

With the talent Shoop has and his 4-2-5 scheme (similar to Gary Patterson’s), I’m not too concerned about playing any spread team. I think we will shut K-State down pretty easily and should have a leg up on team’s like Florida and Auburn. I think we will be undefeated when Auburn comes to town. Win that one and away we go...

GreenheadDawg
08-12-2018, 03:56 PM
I waited all night and morning for a write up on the scrimmage. I’m disappointed nobody has any detailed info

gravedigger
08-12-2018, 04:10 PM

I don?t have that fear. Of course, that doesn?t eliminate the possibility of a slip up either.

I will say I think our 1st team D is good enough to hold last years Penn State O to limited scoring, especially if the qb wasn?t free to run.

Offshore Dawg
08-12-2018, 04:16 PM
I waited all night and morning for a write up on the scrimmage. I’m disappointed nobody has any detailed info

What part of "CLOSED" practice in the English language grasshopper are you having the most trouble with

GreenheadDawg
08-12-2018, 04:35 PM
What part of "CLOSED" practice in the English language grasshopper are you having the most trouble with

Damn you’re a tough guy. Internet badass. Several on here have access to the program that most of us don’t, that includes closed practices. Prick

Ifyouonlyknew
08-12-2018, 04:44 PM

I'm not. No designed QB runs last night.

Pit Bull
08-12-2018, 04:52 PM
I talked about this days ago. Reps. limited and to be ramped up as scheduled by the staff. Especially Fitz. No need to get him hurt in an all out 100% full blown scrimmage. We know what he and Aeris can do. I don't think we'll see them a whole lot against SFA. And probably not Sweat and Simmons either. Better get to the game early if you want to see them play!! I'm figuring one quarter and part of the 2nd quarter and that's about it for our stars. Actually, I'm more interested in seeing what the backups do. KT and Kylin need the reps and I'm really excited to get a peek at Jalen Mayden, Austin Williams, and Devonta Jason.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-12-2018, 05:37 PM

If you think CLOSED practices means only players/coaches/trainers, then you don't know how it works. Lots of people I know, me included, have attended closed practices.

Offshore Dawg
08-12-2018, 05:43 PM
Your right I am not an insider, So who is going to leak out info that is not supposed to be let out from a closed practice.

TheDawgBiscuit
08-12-2018, 06:39 PM
I read this on 247:

First team offense didn?t score a touchdown vs first string D. Had 3 field goals. Peters had an ?impressive? INT. Some of the better players like Kylin, Aeris, and Sweat only played a couple series.

Way to steal from Paul and post premium content. ED you should not allow this either. It is stealing. If you want that kind of content pay the measly $10 per month for it.

Cowbell
08-12-2018, 06:45 PM
I read this on 247:

First team offense didn?t score a touchdown vs first string D. Had 3 field goals. Peters had an ?impressive? INT. Some of the better players like Kylin, Aeris, and Sweat only played a couple series.

All these comments about reason for concern over the Offense, and I?m over here just tickled that we can make 3 field goals. We weren?t able to take those for granted under Dan.

hacker
08-12-2018, 09:13 PM
Way to steal from Paul and post premium content. ED you should not allow this either. It is stealing. If you want that kind of content pay the measly $10 per month for it.

Oh, Lord. I didn’t copy and paste. I paraphrased. I even gave them credit.

preachermatt83
08-12-2018, 09:54 PM
Oh, Lord. I didn’t copy and paste. I paraphrased. I even gave them credit.

Sorry, but the messed up apostrophe gave you away. You did in fact copy and paste

hacker
08-12-2018, 09:59 PM
Sorry, but the messed up apostrophe gave you away. You did in fact copy and paste

Go look at Paul’s post and compare it to mine. Dunno what you’re on about.

TheDawgBiscuit
08-13-2018, 12:21 AM
Go look at Paul?s post and compare it to mine. Dunno what you?re on about.

Paraphrase or not it was not your unique info and it is understood not to share. It is not cool. Credit or not. It is premium material not free.