PDA

View Full Version : MSU womens Basketball wins by 48 points in Italy today. To put this game in

99jc
08-11-2018, 08:30 PM
perspective. Arkansas women played this same team 2 days ago and won by 7 points. Bibby may be our 3 point shooter we all want to see.

ROME ? Teaira McCowan continued to do what makes her an All-American, as her 19 points and 10 rebounds combined with 18 points from Chloe Bibby to lead Mississippi State past Deep 3 Select 97-49 in Rome, Italy, on Saturday.

With a back-and-forth contest through the opening half of the first quarter, Bibby and McCowan combined to score State's last 10 points as MSU led 23-18.

State turned up the defense in the second half, out-scoring Deep 3 Select 25-9. McCowan tallied 14 points in the opening half, including eight in the second quarter, while Bibby notched 11 opening-quarter points.

"We've come to expect double-doubles from Teaira, but Chloe is going to be a big one for us," 2018 Naismith National Coach of the Year Vic Schaefer said. "She's going to have to shoot it well, and she's been doing that all summer. Chloe, Teaira and Jazzmun (Holmes) have been really consistent for us all summer."

MSU continued the offensive input in the third quarter, posting a 24-13 edge to lead 72-40. The sophomore Bibby knocked down a 3-pointer and hit two more buckets to wrap her final quarter of action with seven points.

Jordan Danberry joined McCowan and Bibby in double figures with 10 points.

"It was a fun game, and I thought our kids played hard," Schaefer said. "After the first quarter we settled in and just had a different energy level. I was really pleased with how hard we played from the second quarter on. It was fun to see a lot of new faces out there play so well."

The win concluded the Bulldogs' stop in Rome. During the visit, MSU toured Vatican City and the Colosseum, as well as the famous Trevi Fountain.

State hits the road Sunday for Florence, where it will visit the Accademia Gallery for a viewing of Michaelangelo's "David."

AlmostPositive
08-11-2018, 08:37 PM
19 from T no big surprise.
18 from Bibby... is huge. If she can replace half of Viviens scoring, we will be dominant.

99jc
08-11-2018, 08:54 PM
And that was without Anriel Howard playing.

tireddawg
08-11-2018, 11:38 PM
And that was without Anriel Howard playing.

Yeah but she should have skipped graduation and gone*

Saltydog
08-12-2018, 07:18 AM
who else we got in the guard spot that can replace Blair Schaeffer?

msbulldog
08-12-2018, 07:33 AM
who else we got in the guard spot that can replace Blair Schaeffer?

Myah Taylor

Dawg2003
08-12-2018, 12:10 PM
The fact that we can destroy what I assume is a bad team makes me feel good about the upcoming season. We can obviously generate some offense.