PDA

View Full Version : Conspiracy: Who Was FinsupAP?

ShotgunDawg
08-11-2018, 06:11 PM
This tweet reignited my curiosity. What's was going on here and why did so many people include finsupAP in their tweets?

https://twitter.com/copiahdawg/status/1028339423128301568?s=21

starkvegasdawg
08-11-2018, 06:17 PM
Even old Hugh wished the acct a happy birthday.

msbulldog
08-11-2018, 06:20 PM
AP part of the handle makes me think of Annalisa Presley the catfish from SR's Flim Flam.

ShotgunDawg
08-11-2018, 06:23 PM
AP part of the handle makes me think of Annalisa Presley the catfish from SR's Flim Flam.

I think we all know it was a catfish but we don't know who it was or why every OM personality referenced them?

msbulldog
08-11-2018, 06:58 PM
have you read Flim Flam?

Todd4State
08-11-2018, 07:53 PM
I thought it was Acey Roberts? Maybe I'm wrong?

NolaDawgPound
08-12-2018, 03:28 PM
I thought it was Acey Roberts? Maybe I'm wrong?

Yes, this is your answer. Pretty sure he even admitted it.

preachermatt83
08-12-2018, 08:18 PM
Yes it was Acey Roberts.

ShotgunDawg
08-12-2018, 08:42 PM
Yes it was Acey Roberts.

But why would OM can coaches and media tag Acey Roberts in tweets?

Matty Dispatch
08-13-2018, 06:56 AM
Acey Roberts found some random girl on facebook and used her personal photos to create a twitter account of a good looking young girl who was very into OM football recruiting. He even wrote stories using this fake girl's persona under the old Make it Rain Sports website. He got enough traction with it within the OM internet community that she became twitter famous. People were like - oh, wow, a cute girl who is really into recruiting.

stalkingpoon
08-13-2018, 08:47 AM
Acey Roberts found some random girl on facebook and used her personal photos to create a twitter account of a good looking young girl who was very into OM football recruiting. He even wrote stories using this fake girl's persona under the old Make it Rain Sports website. He got enough traction with it within the OM internet community that she became twitter famous. People were like - oh, wow, a cute girl who is really into recruiting.

As much as I?d love for it to be Acey, Steve has said that it wasn?t Acey but some random Ole Miss lady around Tupelo I think? Said she created the account then it kinda took off. Steve eventually contacted her somehow and talked with her, but promised not to reveal her identity.

Political Hack
08-13-2018, 10:13 AM
As much as I?d love for it to be Acey, Steve has said that it wasn?t Acey but some random Ole Miss lady around Tupelo I think? Said she created the account then it kinda took off. Steve eventually contacted her somehow and talked with her, but promised not to reveal her identity.

She was prompted by someone to start this. And yes, it was a woman who was actually interviewed on the radio at one point, so there was definitely a woman involved. But that guy was paying her alledgedly. So he was likely complicit at minimum, or he was sending a fake paycheck to a fake person without knowing it?!?!?

Matty Dispatch
08-13-2018, 11:22 AM

Yes, Acey did get some woman to pretend she was AP for a radio and podcast spot, but it was Acey running the twitter account and wrote the articles penned by AP. The woman on the radio was just an added layer to the hoax to make it more believable. It's also very likely that several of Acey's pals had access to the twitter account as well and help facilitate the persona. I think it was probably just a foolish gag they started while intoxicated one night (or at least I hope) and then they got way too carried away with it to the point of it being disturbing.

RocketDawg
08-13-2018, 03:09 PM
Yes, Acey did get some woman to pretend she was AP for a radio and podcast spot, but it was Acey running the twitter account and wrote the articles penned by AP. The woman on the radio was just an added layer to the hoax to make it more believable. It's also very likely that several of Acey's pals had access to the twitter account as well and help facilitate the persona. I think it was probably just a foolish gag they started while intoxicated one night (or at least I hope) and then they got way too carried away with it to the point of it being disturbing.

Any idea who the woman was? Yeah, the whole thing is sorta disturbing but really funny when you consider all those, like Freeze, who were totally taken in by it all.

msbulldog
08-14-2018, 04:36 AM
Any idea who the woman was? Yeah, the whole thing is sorta disturbing but really funny when you consider all those, like Freeze, who were totally taken in by it all.

Robertson wouldn't identify her in the book.