PDA

View Full Version : Kansas State Head Coach......

Pit Bull
08-10-2018, 03:04 AM
....Bill Snyder just signed a 5 year contract extension. He's 78 years old this year. He must really like KSU and they must like him. His salary is not exactly overwhelming.....somewhere between 3 and 4 million per. Also, must be nice to be that age and still in good physical and mental shape. Reminds me of Pete Carroll of the SeaHawks. Pete is around 70 years old and looks like a teenager on the sidelines the way he runs around hollering and high fiving, etc. Need to figure out what those 2 guys eat. I'll have some of that too!

Matty Dispatch
08-10-2018, 06:14 AM
I would say they like him at Kansas State considering they named the stadium after him.

They had been to one bowl game (Independence) and enter the AP poll only twice ever in their entire football history before he arrived in 1989. He took them to 11 straight bowl games from 1993-2003 and they were in the top 10 in 8 of those 11 years. He retired the first time after the 2005 season and they started tanking so after three years he came back in 2009 and they've been to 8 straight bowls again.

THE Bruce Dickinson
08-10-2018, 07:22 AM
I think they are in a little bit of a tricky situation at Kansas State.

From what I have read, a lot of the fans and administration are ready for Snyder to hang it up, but Snyder does not want to do that. No matter how poor of a season he has, Kansas State really can't fire hire because he's such a legend in Manhattan. However, Snyder is trying to leverage the University into hiring his son as head coach when he retires. The university is not willing to do that, so Snyder continues to hang on until he gets what he wants. I don't think it's a great working relationship between athletic department and head coach right now.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/a-battle-rages-at-kansas-state-over-whether-bill-snyders-son-will-be-his-successor/

Lord McBuckethead
08-10-2018, 07:30 AM
Good thing he signed that this week, cause in a month he is going to get destroyed on his home turf and everyone is going to be talking about how he is too old to perform.

msstate7
08-10-2018, 07:30 AM
Not sure why they don't go ahead let synder retire, and hire Brent Venables

TrapGame
08-10-2018, 09:17 AM
SDS has us 10-2 with loses to Bama and...yep, K State. They call it the hiccup game where we work out the kinks of the offense. Yeah, we ain't losing to K State. They have an above average coach but our players are far more talented. Most of their starters wouldn't crack our 2 deep. We will lose to AU or LSU before we blow a game at K State.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-10-2018, 09:52 AM
Not sure why they don't go ahead let synder retire, and hire Brent Venables

Venables already said he doesn't want the Kansas St job. If he leaves Clemson which I doubt will be soon it will be for a blue blood job.

DownwardDawg
08-10-2018, 10:00 AM
I think they are in a little bit of a tricky situation at Kansas State.

From what I have read, a lot of the fans and administration are ready for Snyder to hang it up, but Snyder does not want to do that. No matter how poor of a season he has, Kansas State really can't fire hire because he's such a legend in Manhattan. However, Snyder is trying to leverage the University into hiring his son as head coach when he retires. The university is not willing to do that, so Snyder continues to hang on until he gets what he wants. I don't think it's a great working relationship between athletic department and head coach right now.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/a-battle-rages-at-kansas-state-over-whether-bill-snyders-son-will-be-his-successor/

I would “release” him, hire who I wanted to hire, and build a statue of him outside the stadium with his name on it.

dawgday166
08-10-2018, 10:06 AM
SDS has us 10-2 with loses to Bama and...yep, K State. They call it the hiccup game where we work out the kinks of the offense. Yeah, we ain't losing to K State. They have an above average coach but our players are far more talented. Most of their starters wouldn't crack our 2 deep. We will lose to AU or LSU before we blow a game at K State.

247 has KState Oline as best Oline in the country. I was surprised by that. If our DLine brings it, we should be good. Gotta bring it tho.

TrapGame
08-10-2018, 10:10 AM
247 has KState Oline as best Oline in the country. I was surprised by that. If our DLine brings it, we should be good. Gotta bring it tho.

I find that hard to believe. Someone posted that K State recruits mostly in the 50s so I have a hard time thinking they have "the best OL" in the country.

msstate7
08-10-2018, 10:11 AM
Venables already said he doesn't want the Kansas St job. If he leaves Clemson which I doubt will be soon it will be for a blue blood job.

And he very well could mean it, but I doubt seriously he would be openly campaigning for a job held by his old HC

msstate7
08-10-2018, 10:12 AM
I find that hard to believe. Someone posted that K State recruits mostly in the 50s so I have a hard time thinking they have "the best OL" in the country.

We have one of the best olines in the sec that's full of lightly recruited players

Matty Dispatch
08-10-2018, 10:12 AM

I don't think they have a single 4 or 5 star player on their roster. It's basically 90% 3 stars. Still, I think you're overestimating the gap. They are still a power five school and the game is on the road. K State has consistently played with and at times beat ranked teams like we are. It should be pretty close into the 2nd half, and hopefully we'll pull away. But if the offense does have a few hitches it could be a close one.

Matty Dispatch
08-10-2018, 10:14 AM

They were pretty good last year and return all 5 starters. Not sure they are THE BEST in the country but they may be the best OL we face until Bama.

TrapGame
08-10-2018, 10:45 AM
They were pretty good last year and return all 5 starters. Not sure they are THE BEST in the country but they may be the best OL we face until Bama.

I will agree with the "good OL" part. They're returning experienced guys so they're not going to be a bunch of pushovers. I'm sure they could be above average but to label them the BEST in the country is just too big of a stretch.

Bully13
08-10-2018, 11:12 AM
If memory serves, K-State grew that program thru the Juco Routes. Are they still operating that way? KS has a pretty good Juco system, no?

Token Bammer
08-10-2018, 12:50 PM
Good thing he signed that this week, cause in a month he is going to get destroyed on his home turf and everyone is going to be talking about how he is too old to perform.

Don't underestimate the old man at home early in the season. I think State will win, but it may not be the destruction you think it'll be. Plus, State will be working things out early in season with a new coach. I think it's a recipe for a reasonably good football game. Again, State wins though. The K-State game will be an excellent prep game for State to work some kinks out before SEC play.

I do think State is going to be a good football team. I think you guys have a lot of pieces. The only true question going into the season is how the new coaching staff will handle things. Thats what I mean by the K-State game being a good prep game. Early in the season, there are always things to improve on and get adjusted to even for a team with a coach that's been there for while.

RocketDawg
08-10-2018, 03:49 PM
Don't underestimate the old man at home early in the season. I think State will win, but it may not be the destruction you think it'll be. Plus, State will be working things out early in season with a new coach. I think it's a recipe for a reasonably good football game. Again, State wins though. The K-State game will be an excellent prep game for State to work some kinks out before SEC play.

I do think State is going to be a good football team. I think you guys have a lot of pieces. The only true question going into the season is how the new coaching staff will handle things. Thats what I mean by the K-State game being a good prep game. Early in the season, there are always things to improve on and get adjusted to even for a team with a coach that's been there for while.

One thing's for sure ... State will win. Which one is not so certain ....

Pit Bull
08-10-2018, 07:39 PM

I saw that somewhere too. Said their OL was very stout returning this year.

Jack Lambert
08-10-2018, 07:41 PM

So they say we go 10-2 but also in another prediction have us in the Music City bowl.

Jack Lambert
08-10-2018, 07:44 PM

11:am start with a stadium only 3/4 full bids well for State. When you have a early game like that the home team is usually not very focused. They had late night and their home game routine is off. The road team is on the road and has no distractions and only has one thing on their minds.

Pit Bull
08-10-2018, 07:56 PM
11:am start with a stadium only 3/4 full bids well for State. When you have a early game like that the home team is usually not very focused. They had late night and their home game routine is off. The road team is on the road and has no distractions and only has one thing on their minds.

I think I would have MSU up by 5-6 AM, get some breakfast, and maybe have a light run-through practice at some local highschool leading up to game time. Just let the actual game be like an end of practice full scrimmage. That way we are fully juiced and ready to go. No cobwebs or sleepiness for an early morning start.

Dawgcentral
08-10-2018, 08:04 PM
If we can’t beat KSU on the road, our entire season is going to be a great disappointment.

FriarsPoint
08-10-2018, 08:23 PM
One thing's for sure ... State will win. Which one is not so certain ....

Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. I?m not picking on you particularly rocket, I?m picking on this sentiment.

Do you people have eyes? I don?t give a shit if Barry Sanders comes out of retirement and dons a purple wildcat helmet. We are going to skull f... that team. G. Damn.

ShotgunDawg
08-10-2018, 09:10 PM
I would say they like him at Kansas State considering they named the stadium after him.

They had been to one bowl game (Independence) and enter the AP poll only twice ever in their entire football history before he arrived in 1989. He took them to 11 straight bowl games from 1993-2003 and they were in the top 10 in 8 of those 11 years. He retired the first time after the 2005 season and they started tanking so after three years he came back in 2009 and they've been to 8 straight bowls again.

That's Boss Mode

ShotgunDawg
08-10-2018, 09:14 PM
If we can’t beat KSU on the road, our entire season is going to be a great disappointment.

Not true.

In fact, the game counts very little in the big picture.

TUSK
08-10-2018, 09:23 PM
Not true.

In fact, the game counts very little in the big picture.

I think he meant “if MSU can’t beat a talentless KSU team, y’all could struggle vs teams with a lot of talent.”

Y’all need to “Make a statement” in that game, IMO.

RocketDawg
08-10-2018, 09:26 PM
Jumping Jesus on a pogo stick. I?m not picking on you particularly rocket, I?m picking on this sentiment.

Do you people have eyes? I don?t give a shit if Barry Sanders comes out of retirement and dons a purple wildcat helmet. We are going to skull f... that team. G. Damn.

Hahaha.

TUSK
08-10-2018, 09:54 PM
Hahaha.

I think I’m gonna dig this “FriarsPoint” cat.

That was a solid rant.

preachermatt83
08-10-2018, 11:09 PM
Am I the only one noticing that the OP compared Bill Snyder with Pete Carroll. That's the first time I've heard that comparison. Lol. Not saying it's wrong just a new one for sure.

Pit Bull
08-11-2018, 03:17 AM

Don't worry.....we will win. Maybe not by the amount most people think, but we will win. I have us 24-14 with a nice solid business like win. Yeah, for only the 2nd game, we still have some kinks to work out, but our personnel are just better except for maybe the OL. KSU will give us some good opposition in a hostile environment that will serve us well on down the line come SEC play.

Pit Bull
08-11-2018, 03:24 AM
Am I the only one noticing that the OP compared Bill Snyder with Pete Carroll. That's the first time I've heard that comparison. Lol. Not saying it's wrong just a new one for sure.

I'm the OP and was just comparing them because most coaches their age have already retired. My intent was they both were still coaching and in good physical and mental health. Pete Carroll is more active with his players on the side line, but he is 8 years younger than Snyder. A person who has my health conditions doesn't average much more than 70 years old if that.....and being 62, my time is running out. When I say I'd like to see MSU win a NC in any major sport soon.......I ain't lyin' !!!....LOL.

Dawg61
08-11-2018, 03:56 AM
I would ?release? him, hire who I wanted to hire, and build a statue of him outside the stadium with his name on it.

They already put a statue of him up in front of the stadium that's also named after him. Article makes it sound like Bill Snyder basically hired their new athletic director. Sounds like a mess when the current coach whose 80 refuses to retire till his son gets named next coach.

najeenena
08-12-2018, 12:51 PM
Well I guess I will Jump into this enthusiastic hostile environment of passionate Miss St fans! Just joined the board after one of your rabid fans fired some smack talking shots on the Kansas State message boards. Smack talk is not really my M.O. but I love some back and forth discussions and I love to argue "facts" as most fans (Kansas State included) are homers and their arguments for their team show that. I found some of the comments in this thread very interesting. Some of you obviously realize that most P5 programs are not devoid of talent and ANY team can lose on any Saturday. Others believe that recruiting rankings and star rankings out of "High School" is the be all in all as proof that one team is more talented than the other. Now to some discussion to some of your posts: (your post in quotation marks)

"247 has KState Oline as best Oline in the country. I was surprised by that. If our DLine brings it, we should be good. Gotta bring it tho.
I find that hard to believe. Someone posted that K State recruits mostly in the 50s so I have a hard time thinking they have "the best OL" in the country."

I don't believe it so it must be true!! Well here is the article:

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery/College-footballs-top-positional-units-entering-2018-120507486/

This current Kansas State line has consistently been ranked as one of the top in the Nation. Athlon Sports, Pro Football Focus etc. Perhaps read some of the reasons why they are ranked so high and don't focus on "Stars" coming out of High School. Once ANY player hits a College Campus those "stars" mean nothing. You have to PROVE yourself and the best usually wins out. Just a few quick facts about Kansas States current OL. They have over 100 combined starts and this will be their 3rd year together as a unit. Only Risner and Beecham are Seniors the rest are Juniors.

1.Dalton Risner RT: All American, All Big 12, Highest Rated OT in the Nation by PFF. Projected mid to late 1st round Darft pick.
2.Adam Holtorf C: All Big 12, Rimington Nominee, One of the top rated interior linemen PFF
3.Scott Frantz LT: All Big 12, recognized for All Bowl Team in 2016 when as a FRESHMAN he completely shut down #1 NFL Draft Pick Miles Garrett (Garrett had zero sacks and ONE tackle for the entire game) Kansas State beat A&M in that Bowl Game.
4. Tyler Mitchell LG: All Big 12, one of the top rated interior linemen PFF
5. Abdul Beecham RG: All Big 12, Rated as 3rd best pass blocking OG in FBS by PFF, also one of the top rated interior linemen by PFF

"We have one of the best olines in the sec that's full of lightly recruited players"
"I don't think they have a single 4 or 5 star player on their roster. It's basically 90% 3 stars. Still, I think you're overestimating the gap. They are still a power five school and the game is on the road. K State has consistently played with and at times beat ranked teams like we are. It should be pretty close into the 2nd half, and hopefully we'll pull away. But if the offense does have a few hitches it could be a close one."

Great post. Again "star rankings" out of High School are not the be all end all. Players must fit the system and work for their playing time. If your only gauge is recruiting rankings then Kansas State shouldn't win any games this year.

"I will agree with the "good OL" part. They're returning experienced guys so they're not going to be a bunch of pushovers. I'm sure they could be above average but to label them the BEST in the country is just too big of a stretch.
I saw that somewhere too. Said their OL was very stout returning this year."

See my above comment on the OL. I agree to an extent that #1 may be a stretch BUT in the past two years they have consistently been ranked in the Top 10 in the Nation by several publications. So this new ranking is not unfounded and considering the experience, the same 5 guys for the third year, the individual accolades and the PFF grades on these guys you can see why some say they are the best. They did as a unit only allow 3 sacks all last season and they helped the rushing offense avg 5.0 yards per carry and about 200yards rushing per game. They are a technical relentless bunch.

"11:am start with a stadium only 3/4 full bids well for State. When you have a early game like that the home team is usually not very focused. They had late night and their home game routine is off. The road team is on the road and has no distractions and only has one thing on their minds."

I really hope the team and Coaching staff believe that. Stadium Tailgating will start at 5-6AM. Stadium will be full to capacity(55,000) by 9AM. Kansas State has sold out every Home Game for the past 4 years. This game will be a sellout and you will see a whole stadium of nothing but Purple. Also why do you think Coach Synder picked a 11am start time? Miss St is the one that has to travel. Fly in on Friday, unload and get to Hotel and immediately have a walk thru. Then they have to get up and go to the Stadium early Saturday morning. That will be a long day. Kansas State players at home plenty of rest with no distractions (The stay in local Hotel also for all home games) Couple that with I honestly believe the Miss St. players just can't fathom how they could lose to lowly Kansas State and this is a perfect recipe for a loss.

"If we can’t beat KSU on the road, our entire season is going to be a great disappointment.
I think he meant “if MSU can’t beat a talentless KSU team, y’all could struggle vs teams with a lot of talent.”

Well others think you will lose to Kansas State and they give some interesting reasons why they think so:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/miss-state-crystal-ball-2018/

I am trying to warn you guys Kansas State is no pushover. You guys are playing an early morning game on the road with a new HC and offensive philosophy AND its the second game of the season. Both teams play a road bump the first game.....nothing will be gained from those games but a lot of players getting on the field. This is the same Kansas State team that went toe to Toe with Oklahoma and should have beat them. The same Oklahoma that dropped points and yards on Georgia with their 6th ranked defense the same Georgia that shut down Miss St. I normally don't like to cherry pick games because any team can have a bad game or injuries that affect them. But I used that game to show what Kansas State is capable of. The distinct advantage you guys have is depth everywhere. Kansas State really relies on its starters to pull them through. Still though for the 2nd game of the season they will be ready in front of 55,000 screaming fans in Purple. Miss St is loaded esp on defense with NFL Claiber players and they are a dark horse to challenge Bama for SEC West title. Kansas State players know this is an opportunity to dispel the myth that the Big 12 is weak and that they cannot compete with the SEC. I heard the same rhetoric and disrespect from the Texas A&M fans when we played them in TEXAS for our bowl game and BEAT THEM. "Miles Garrett is gonna destroy their OL" They have no 4 star players" "No way we lose to Kansas State" " We have a personnel advantage in EVERY position" I predict this game is gonna be a dog fight. That is exactly the type of game Kansas State wants. Resect is not given its earned. If Miss St players, Coaches and fans don't want to respect us fine. I guarantee you after the game All of you will respect us.

"Don't worry.....we will win. Maybe not by the amount most people think, but we will win. I have us 24-14 with a nice solid business like win. Yeah, for only the 2nd game, we still have some kinks to work out, but our personnel are just better except for maybe the OL. KSU will give us some good opposition in a hostile environment that will serve us well on down the line come SEC play."

Fair points and nice post. We will see very soon how this all turns out. Now I would like to post a few stats from both teams, just so we can get a clearer picture on the abilities of both:

Miss State:
9-4, 4-4 SEC play
Offense Passing: 166ypg, 17TDs, 54% completions
Offense Rushing: 251ypg (Wow IMPRESSIVE) 32 TDs, 5.2ypc
Defense: Gave up 131yds rush per game and 174yds passing per game
Redzone scoring. Scored 86% (TD or FG) 66% TDs
QB: 984 rushing (6.1ypc) 14 Tds 82ypg:
QB: Passing 1782 yds, 15 Tds and 14Ints (117 efficiency rating)
RB: 1135 Rushing, 4.7ypg, 6Tds, 85ypg

Kansas State:
8-5, 5-4 in Big 12
Offense Passing: 174ypg, 16TDs, 61% completions
Offense Rushing: 199ypc, 29TDs, 5.0ypc
Defense: Gave up 117yds rush per game and 300yds (YIKES) passing per game.
Redone Scoring: Scored 85% (TD or FG) and 61% TDs
QB's(Kansas State has two who split starts) Delton & Thompson
Delton: 500 rushing, 5.0ypc, 8 TDs, 71ypg
Thompson: 267 rushing,3.9 npc, 3 Tds, 33ypg
Delton: Passing 637, 3TDs, 2Ints, (127 efficiency rating)
Thompson: Passing 689, 7 TDs, 3Ints (143 efficiency rating)
RB: 819 rushing, 5.6ypc, 7 TDs, 63ypg

So as you can see from the above stats the teams are similar in many key areas. Again to me you guys distinct advantage is in depth. There are a lot of variables that many of you posters are not realistically considering. Many of you believe shear talent alone can overcome these variables. Kansas State is a disciplined, physical team. They rarely get penalties or make mistakes. They are fundamentally sound on both sides of the ball. They all know the system inside and out. They have a passionate fan base they sell out all home games. This is an early morning game. You guys will have to travel, unpack, bus to Hotel, have a late Friday or early Saturday walk thru. New Head Coach, New Offensive system. You will be playing in front of a Hostile sold out crowd on National TV. I believe some if not all of your players just can accept that Kansas State might be good with all those 2-3 star players and no way in hell we could lose to them. Again I see a minor upset in the making. Kansas State will be PUMPED for this game. I also think you will see a few surprises in our offensive and defensive philosophy. We have young, creative energetic New OC and DC. We have some players who have been waiting their turn to showcase their skill set and play. I hope many of you can make it to the game. Although we cheer for our team we are very hospitable to our guests. Fans will welcome you to a tailgate meal and a drink and welcome you to Manhattan. I look forward to coming back on this Board after the game win or lose. It will be interesting to see everyones thoughts after the game.

RiverCityDawg
08-12-2018, 12:58 PM
TL;DR

Dawg61
08-12-2018, 01:01 PM
Can you edit your post with the correct quote buttons used. It's too difficult to read right now.

najeenena
08-12-2018, 01:06 PM
Sure let me see if I can fix it

TheDawgBiscuit
08-12-2018, 01:11 PM

Stats backed it pretty good.

najeenena
08-12-2018, 01:21 PM
Well I guess I will Jump into this enthusiastic hostile environment of passionate Miss St fans! Just joined the board after one of your rabid fans fired some smack talking shots on the Kansas State message boards. Smack talk is not really my M.O. but I love some back and forth discussions and I love to argue "facts" as most fans (Kansas State included) are homers and their arguments for their team show that. I found some of the comments in this thread very interesting. Some of you obviously realize that most P5 programs are not devoid of talent and ANY team can lose on any Saturday. Others believe that recruiting rankings and star rankings out of "High School" is the be all in all as proof that one team is more talented than the other.

Now to some discussion to some of your posts: (your posts in quotation marks and has Fan Post in front and my responses are beneath them with My Reply in front) * for some reason I could not bold or highlight any part of the post to make distinction as to who was saying what.

FANS POST: "247 has KState Oline as best Oline in the country. I was surprised by that. If our DLine brings it, we should be good. Gotta bring it tho.
I find that hard to believe. Someone posted that K State recruits mostly in the 50s so I have a hard time thinking they have "the best OL" in the country."

MY REPLY: I don't believe it so it must be true!! Well here is the article:

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery/College-footballs-top-positional-units-entering-2018-120507486/

This current Kansas State line has consistently been ranked as one of the top in the Nation. Athlon Sports, Pro Football Focus etc. Perhaps read some of the reasons why they are ranked so high and don't focus on "Stars" coming out of High School. Once ANY player hits a College Campus those "stars" mean nothing. You have to PROVE yourself and the best usually wins out. Just a few quick facts about Kansas States current OL. They have over 100 combined starts and this will be their 3rd year together as a unit. Only Risner and Beecham are Seniors the rest are Juniors.

1.Dalton Risner RT: All American, All Big 12, Highest Rated OT in the Nation by PFF. Projected mid to late 1st round Darft pick.
2.Adam Holtorf C: All Big 12, Rimington Nominee, One of the top rated interior linemen PFF
3.Scott Frantz LT: All Big 12, recognized for All Bowl Team in 2016 when as a FRESHMAN he completely shut down #1 NFL Draft Pick Miles Garrett (Garrett had zero sacks and ONE tackle for the entire game) Kansas State beat A&M in that Bowl Game.
5. Abdul Beecham RG: All Big 12, Rated as 3rd best pass blocking OG in FBS by PFF, also one of the top rated interior linemen by PFF

FAN POST: "We have one of the best olines in the sec that's full of lightly recruited players"
"I don't think they have a single 4 or 5 star player on their roster. It's basically 90% 3 stars. Still, I think you're overestimating the gap. They are still a power five school and the game is on the road. K State has consistently played with and at times beat ranked teams like we are. It should be pretty close into the 2nd half, and hopefully we'll pull away. But if the offense does have a few hitches it could be a close one."

MY REPLY: Great post. Again "star rankings" out of High School are not the be all end all. Players must fit the system and work for their playing time. If your only gauge is recruiting rankings then Kansas State shouldn't win any games this year.

FAN POST: "I will agree with the "good OL" part. They're returning experienced guys so they're not going to be a bunch of pushovers. I'm sure they could be above average but to label them the BEST in the country is just too big of a stretch.

MY REPLY: See my above comment on the OL. I agree to an extent that #1 may be a stretch BUT in the past two years they have consistently been ranked in the Top 10 in the Nation by several publications. So this new ranking is not unfounded and considering the experience, the same 5 guys for the third year, the individual accolades and the PFF grades on these guys you can see why some say they are the best. They did as a unit only allow 3 sacks all last season and they helped the rushing offense avg 5.0 yards per carry and about 200yards rushing per game. They are a technical relentless bunch.

FAN POST: "11:am start with a stadium only 3/4 full bids well for State. When you have a early game like that the home team is usually not very focused. They had late night and their home game routine is off. The road team is on the road and has no distractions and only has one thing on their minds."

MY REPLY: I really hope the team and Coaching staff believe that. Stadium Tailgating will start at 5-6AM. Stadium will be full to capacity(55,000) by 9AM. Kansas State has sold out every Home Game for the past 4 years. This game will be a sellout and you will see a whole stadium of nothing but Purple. Also why do you think Coach Synder picked a 11am start time? Miss St is the one that has to travel. Fly in on Friday, unload and get to Hotel and immediately have a walk thru. Then they have to get up and go to the Stadium early Saturday morning. That will be a long day. Kansas State players at home plenty of rest with no distractions (The stay in local Hotel also for all home games) Couple that with I honestly believe the Miss St. players just can't fathom how they could lose to lowly Kansas State and this is a perfect recipe for a loss.

FAN POST: "If we can’t beat KSU on the road, our entire season is going to be a great disappointment.

MY REPLY: Well others think you will lose to Kansas State and they give some interesting reasons why they think so:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/miss-state-crystal-ball-2018/

I am trying to warn you guys Kansas State is no pushover. You guys are playing an early morning game on the road with a new HC and offensive philosophy AND its the second game of the season. Both teams play a road bump the first game.....nothing will be gained from those games but a lot of players getting on the field. This is the same Kansas State team that went toe to Toe with Oklahoma and should have beat them. The same Oklahoma that dropped points and yards on Georgia with their 6th ranked defense the same Georgia that shut down Miss St. I normally don't like to cherry pick games because any team can have a bad game or injuries that affect them. But I used that game to show what Kansas State is capable of. The distinct advantage you guys have is depth everywhere. Kansas State really relies on its starters to pull them through. Still though for the 2nd game of the season they will be ready in front of 55,000 screaming fans in Purple. Miss St is loaded esp on defense with NFL Claiber players and they are a dark horse to challenge Bama for SEC West title. Kansas State players know this is an opportunity to dispel the myth that the Big 12 is weak and that they cannot compete with the SEC. I heard the same rhetoric and disrespect from the Texas A&M fans when we played them in TEXAS for our bowl game and BEAT THEM. "Miles Garrett is gonna destroy their OL" They have no 4 star players" "No way we lose to Kansas State" " We have a personnel advantage in EVERY position" I predict this game is gonna be a dog fight. That is exactly the type of game Kansas State wants. Resect is not given its earned. If Miss St players, Coaches and fans don't want to respect us fine. I guarantee you after the game All of you will respect us.

FAN POST: "Don't worry.....we will win. Maybe not by the amount most people think, but we will win. I have us 24-14 with a nice solid business like win. Yeah, for only the 2nd game, we still have some kinks to work out, but our personnel are just better except for maybe the OL. KSU will give us some good opposition in a hostile environment that will serve us well on down the line come SEC play."

MY REPLY: Fair points and nice post. We will see very soon how this all turns out. Now I would like to post a few stats from both teams, just so we can get a clearer picture on the abilities of both:

Miss State:
9-4, 4-4 SEC play

Kansas State:
8-5, 5-4 in Big 12

So as you can see from the above stats the teams are similar in many key areas. Again to me you guys distinct advantage is in depth. There are a lot of variables that many of you posters are not realistically considering. Many of you believe shear talent alone can overcome these variables. Kansas State is a disciplined, physical team. They rarely get penalties or make mistakes. They are fundamentally sound on both sides of the ball. They all know the system inside and out. They have a passionate fan base they sell out all home games. This is an early morning game. You guys will have to travel, unpack, bus to Hotel, have a late Friday or early Saturday walk thru. New Head Coach, New Offensive system. You will be playing in front of a Hostile sold out crowd on National TV. I believe some if not all of your players just can accept that Kansas State might be good with all those 2-3 star players and no way in hell we could lose to them. Again I see a minor upset in the making. Kansas State will be PUMPED for this game. I also think you will see a few surprises in our offensive and defensive philosophy. We have young, creative energetic New OC and DC. We have some players who have been waiting their turn to showcase their skill set and play. I hope many of you can make it to the game. Although we cheer for our team we are very hospitable to our guests. Fans will welcome you to a tailgate meal and a drink and welcome you to Manhattan. I look forward to coming back on this Board after the game win or lose. It will be interesting to see everyones thoughts after the game.

Dawgbite
08-12-2018, 01:24 PM
Sure let me see if I can fix it

That will be decided in a couple of weeks. But your argument that stars don't matter is the rallying cry for the have nots of the college football world, us included. Move Manhattan Kansas about 70 miles from Tuscaloosa , play them every year, recruit against them and then come back and tell me stars don't matter. Stars aren't everything but they matter.

TrapGame
08-12-2018, 01:33 PM
Stats backed it pretty good.

Too bad we don't win games based on stats.

Dawg61
08-12-2018, 01:40 PM
Lol this is better thanks. Bottom right there's a "+ button that let's you add multiple posts into one thread. Then you hit "reply with quote for the last one you want included and it puts all the posts in your post. Then you comment on each one underneath them and then hit post. It's complicated but you'll get it. Best to just learn the "reply with Quote button now on only reply to one post at a time till you get it.

najeenena
08-12-2018, 02:02 PM
That will be decided in a couple of weeks. But your argument that stars don't matter is the rallying cry for the have nots of the college football world, us included. Move Manhattan Kansas about 70 miles from Tuscaloosa , play them every year, recruit against them and then come back and tell me stars don't matter. Stars aren't everything but they matter.

Never said they don't matter just they are not the be all end all. Also I am very aware of the Crimson Tide and their recruiting dominance.......I am from Alabama (RTR!) Kansas is in the middle of America in farm Country. Oklahoma and Texas consistently have highly rated recruiting classes and rather than battle with them Coach Snyder tries to find the diamonds in the rough and overlooked and under recruited players who FIT his system and help him compete.

My comments was not to demean Miss St talent level......you guys are loaded and you have a Top 10 defense and a potent offense with a lot of depth. It was for those who say Kansas State has no talent.

I cheer for Kansas State only because I have a relative on the team. However I have come to appreciate the talent level in the Big 12. They really get a bad rap.

Dawg61
08-12-2018, 02:41 PM
You'll get a lot more chatter out of us after our first game. New coach new offense new defense etc... We do have a lot of really good players though and everything about Moorhead appears very positive. Everyone respects KSU on here we just view y'all like playing South Carolina/Arkansas/Kentucky. We aren't really talking about our matchup vs Arkansas or Kentucky either so it's not a disrespect thing. It's just people enjoying the last two weeks before football kicks in and every thread is football. Glad you're excited for our matchup though.

NolaDawgPound
08-12-2018, 03:39 PM
I don't care who we play we will only need to score around 20-24 pts a game to win. This defense is only going to allow 10-14 pts per game. Unless we have a bunch of fluke plays and turnovers run back for TD's, we will not give up many points on actual defensive series.

I am Jack's failing liver
08-12-2018, 06:24 PM
Never heard that before. Link?

Jack Lambert
08-12-2018, 07:31 PM

I don't think Bill Snyder cheats.

Matty Dispatch
08-13-2018, 06:39 AM
Stadium Tailgating will start at 5-6AM. Stadium will be full to capacity(55,000) by 9AM. Kansas State has sold out every Home Game for the past 4 years. This game will be a sellout and you will see a whole stadium of nothing but Purple. Also why do you think Coach Synder picked a 11am start time? Miss St is the one that has to travel. Fly in on Friday, unload and get to Hotel and immediately have a walk thru. Then they have to get up and go to the Stadium early Saturday morning. That will be a long day. Kansas State players at home plenty of rest with no distractions (The stay in local Hotel also for all home games) Couple that with I honestly believe the Miss St. players just can't fathom how they could lose to lowly Kansas State and this is a perfect recipe for a loss.

If the stadium will really be full well before game time that is impressive. I know our stadium would not return the favor if we have an 11 AM kick for Kansas State in 2019. We look at that kickoff time as more of a curse than a blessing. And if Coach Snyder can pick his own start times that's pretty impressive as well, however, I'm thinking that TV controls it for everyone.

It's great that two schools with similar backgrounds, size and history can play one another out of conference. It should be a fun game.

ShotgunDawg
08-13-2018, 08:34 AM
Well I guess I will Jump into this enthusiastic hostile environment of passionate Miss St fans! Just joined the board after one of your rabid fans fired some smack talking shots on the Kansas State message boards. Smack talk is not really my M.O. but I love some back and forth discussions and I love to argue "facts" as most fans (Kansas State included) are homers and their arguments for their team show that. I found some of the comments in this thread very interesting. Some of you obviously realize that most P5 programs are not devoid of talent and ANY team can lose on any Saturday. Others believe that recruiting rankings and star rankings out of "High School" is the be all in all as proof that one team is more talented than the other. Now to some discussion to some of your posts: (your post in quotation marks)

"247 has KState Oline as best Oline in the country. I was surprised by that. If our DLine brings it, we should be good. Gotta bring it tho.

I don't believe it so it must be true!! Well here is the article:

"We have one of the best olines in the sec that's full of lightly recruited players"

Great post. Again "star rankings" out of High School are not the be all end all. Players must fit the system and work for their playing time. If your only gauge is recruiting rankings then Kansas State shouldn't win any games this year.

"I will agree with the "good OL" part. They're returning experienced guys so they're not going to be a bunch of pushovers. I'm sure they could be above average but to label them the BEST in the country is just too big of a stretch.

See my above comment on the OL. I agree to an extent that #1 may be a stretch BUT in the past two years they have consistently been ranked in the Top 10 in the Nation by several publications. So this new ranking is not unfounded and considering the experience, the same 5 guys for the third year, the individual accolades and the PFF grades on these guys you can see why some say they are the best. They did as a unit only allow 3 sacks all last season and they helped the rushing offense avg 5.0 yards per carry and about 200yards rushing per game. They are a technical relentless bunch.

"11:am start with a stadium only 3/4 full bids well for State. When you have a early game like that the home team is usually not very focused. They had late night and their home game routine is off. The road team is on the road and has no distractions and only has one thing on their minds."

I really hope the team and Coaching staff believe that. Stadium Tailgating will start at 5-6AM. Stadium will be full to capacity(55,000) by 9AM. Kansas State has sold out every Home Game for the past 4 years. This game will be a sellout and you will see a whole stadium of nothing but Purple. Also why do you think Coach Synder picked a 11am start time? Miss St is the one that has to travel. Fly in on Friday, unload and get to Hotel and immediately have a walk thru. Then they have to get up and go to the Stadium early Saturday morning. That will be a long day. Kansas State players at home plenty of rest with no distractions (The stay in local Hotel also for all home games) Couple that with I honestly believe the Miss St. players just can't fathom how they could lose to lowly Kansas State and this is a perfect recipe for a loss.

"If we can?t beat KSU on the road, our entire season is going to be a great disappointment.
I think he meant ?if MSU can?t beat a talentless KSU team, y?all could struggle vs teams with a lot of talent.?

Well others think you will lose to Kansas State and they give some interesting reasons why they think so:

"Don't worry.....we will win. Maybe not by the amount most people think, but we will win. I have us 24-14 with a nice solid business like win. Yeah, for only the 2nd game, we still have some kinks to work out, but our personnel are just better except for maybe the OL. KSU will give us some good opposition in a hostile environment that will serve us well on down the line come SEC play."

Fair points and nice post. We will see very soon how this all turns out. Now I would like to post a few stats from both teams, just so we can get a clearer picture on the abilities of both:

Miss State:
9-4, 4-4 SEC play

Kansas State:
8-5, 5-4 in Big 12

Then how did you lose to Vandy?

08-13-2018, 10:39 AM
If the stadium will really be full well before game time that is impressive. I know our stadium would not return the favor if we have an 11 AM kick for Kansas State in 2019. We look at that kickoff time as more of a curse than a blessing. And if Coach Snyder can pick his own start times that's pretty impressive as well, however, I'm thinking that TV controls it for everyone.

It's great that two schools with similar backgrounds, size and history can play one another out of conference. It should be a fun game.
It won't and he doesn't. However, it will be full by game start and it probably is the time he would have picked.

Jarius
08-13-2018, 10:59 AM
Hey K State fan, you do realize that Snyder did not pick the 11 am start time, right? That is done by ESPN. K State lost to Vandy last year and about half of their wins came against teams that were FCS or FBS schools that had 1 win on the season. They are not as talented as we are and it is not even close. That is not an opinion from recruiting rankings. That is an opinion from turning on the tv and watching football.

08-13-2018, 12:07 PM
Hey K State fan, you do realize that Snyder did not pick the 11 am start time, right? That is done by ESPN. K State lost to Vandy last year and about half of their wins came against teams that were FCS or FBS schools that had 1 win on the season. They are not as talented as we are and it is not even close. That is not an opinion from recruiting rankings. That is an opinion from turning on the tv and watching football.

Yes we do, that's what I just stated in the post directly above yours. Sounds like this game should be a cakewalk for your team.

We've won our share of games over the years and every. single. team. we beat thinks we don't have players before kickoff. We'll see I guess.

TrapGame
08-13-2018, 12:49 PM
Yes we do, that's what I just stated in the post directly above yours. Sounds like this game should be a cakewalk for your team.

We've won our share of games over the years and every. single. team. we beat thinks we don't have players before kickoff. We'll see I guess.

We're a hell of lot better than Vandy and Texas A&M on both sides of the ball. I just watched the Vandy replay on Youtube. You scored one TD with a QB run in the first quarter and he got shut down after that. That's it. I'm not impressed. Vandy's defense ate y'all's lunch. Our defense is even better.

08-13-2018, 01:18 PM
We're a hell of lot better than Vandy and Texas A&M on both sides of the ball. I just watched the Vandy replay on Youtube. You scored one TD with a QB run in the first quarter and he got shut down after that. That's it. I'm not impressed. Vandy's defense ate y'all's lunch. Our defense is even better.

Should be a piece of cake for your team.

Jarius
08-13-2018, 01:32 PM

I was not talking to you. I was talking to the person who clearly does not know that. We are a top 15 team. Just because I have eyeballs and can watch film and see that your players are not as good as ours does not mean your team is shit. It means your team is not as good as our top 15 team. It is what it is. You sound pretty confident in a team that’s going to be a home underdog in the game. Go make some money.

TrapGame
08-13-2018, 01:44 PM
Should be a piece of cake for your team.

And it just might be.

08-13-2018, 01:46 PM
I was not talking to you. I was talking to the person who clearly does not know that. We are a top 15 team. Just because I have eyeballs and can watch film and see that your players are not as good as ours does not mean your team is shit. It means your team is not as good as our top 15 team. It is what it is. You sound pretty confident in a team that’s going to be a home underdog in the game. Go make some money.

You're probably right. I know in my years of watching college football, preseason polls are pretty accurate.

08-13-2018, 01:46 PM
And it just might be.

Yep, it might.

Jarius
08-13-2018, 01:50 PM
You're probably right. I know in my years of watching college football, preseason polls are pretty accurate.

Go put some money down on the money line of your touchdown underdog home team, boss. You don’t have the receivers to scare us over the top and we have one of if not the best front 7’s in the SEC. Instead of being a passive aggressive smart ass, why don’t you just name a couple of position battles where you see a K State advantage. I can not wait to hear this.

08-13-2018, 01:57 PM
Go put some money down on the money line of your touchdown underdog home team, boss. You don’t have the receivers to scare us over the top and we have one of if not the best front 7’s in the SEC. Instead of being a passive aggressive smart ass, why don’t you just name a couple of position battles where you see a K State advantage. I can not wait to hear this.

I don't watch SEC games, so really don't know much about you. It just usually, not always, takes a truly elite talent team to make the discrepency apparent on the field. Alabama would. OU does sometimes, but definitively not always. Oregon did when we played them in the Fiesta. Generally though, teams just don't. I'm betting very few of you here has seen much if any of our games, and even if you did, that was last year.

Not exactly sure why you think I'm confident we will win. I'm just not confident that we will lose. Big difference, but reading comprehension is hard for some.

Jarius
08-13-2018, 02:03 PM
I certainly didn’t watch the games you won against teams with 1 win on the year or FCS teams, which made up nearly half of your schedule. I watched your bigger games, to include the 14-7 loss to the worst team in the SEC. your style of play on offense fits exactly what we are really good at on defense. You think enough of your chances on winning to come over here and white knight your team. To the rescue! My reading comprehension is fine. You can piss down someone else’s leg and tell them it’s raining if you would like, though. I will Continue to wait on a position battle that gives you an advantage in the game.

Jack Lambert
08-13-2018, 02:10 PM
I don't watch SEC games, so really don't know much about you. It just usually, not always, takes a truly elite talent team to make the discrepency apparent on the field. Alabama would. OU does sometimes, but definitively not always. Oregon did when we played them in the Fiesta. Generally though, teams just don't. I'm betting very few of you here has seen much if any of our games, and even if you did, that was last year.

Not exactly sure why you think I'm confident we will win. I'm just not confident that we will lose. Big difference, but reading comprehension is hard for some.

The thing is Football is king in the South. We watch all football here. We know about all the P5 schools. It is life here in the South. This Friday I will be at a high school football game. Will you? We know about K-State. They are discipline, well coach and play with a chip on their shoulder. A lot like Miss State, it's just this season Miss State is loaded with experienced talent. Miss State had one weak spot last season (WR"s) and that was up graded in the off season. KSU is rebuilding it's defense with a new DC and a new OC. Yes we have new one's as well but MSU is not rebuilding a team. This coaching staff inherited the best situation any staff could every inherited. Nineteen Starters back from a very good football team.

08-13-2018, 02:11 PM
I certainly didn’t watch the games you won against teams with 1 win on the year or FCS teams, which made up nearly half of your schedule. I watched your bigger games, to include the 14-7 loss to the worst team in the SEC. your style of play on offense fits exactly what we are really good at on defense. You think enough of your chances on winning to come over here and white knight your team. To the rescue! My reading comprehension is fine. You can piss down someone else’s leg and tell them it’s raining if you would like, though. I will Continue to wait on a position battle that gives you an advantage in the game.

That's great. Why is it so important to you that I fear MSU? I'm sure you're good, but if you were that great and you can rely on pre-season rankings as much as you do, then you should be ranked higher. So either pre-season ranking are accurate, and thus MSU beatable. Or they are garbage and I'll reserve my opinion on exactly how good MSU is. Either way, it'll be fun.

08-13-2018, 02:14 PM
The thing is Football is king in the South. We watch all football here. We know about all the P5 schools. It is life here in the South. This Friday I will be at a high school football game. Will you? We know about K-State. They are discipline, well coach and play with a chip on their shoulder. A lot like Miss State. It's just this season Miss State is loaded with experience talent. Miss State had one weak spot last season (WR"s) and that was up graded in the off season.

No I will not be watching HS football, I'm pretty busy with life right now. But still wouldn't unless I have relative playing. I'll be interested to see if you're a NC contender like you say.

chef dixon
08-13-2018, 02:24 PM
No I will not be watching HS football, I'm pretty busy with life right now. But still wouldn't unless I have relative playing. I'll be interested to see if you're a NC contender like you say.

I hope we beat yalls ass and think it?s possible, but I wouldn?t be shocked to see Fitz struggle hard and us lose

Jarius
08-13-2018, 02:28 PM
That's great. Why is it so important to you that I fear MSU? I'm sure you're good, but if you were that great and you can rely on pre-season rankings as much as you do, then you should be ranked higher. So either pre-season ranking are accurate, and thus MSU beatable. Or they are garbage and I'll reserve my opinion on exactly how good MSU is. Either way, it'll be fun.

I do not give a crap who you fear. We should not be ranked higher at this point. We are right where we should be preseason and that’s well above you. Most anyone is beatable under the right circumstances (turnovers or injuries). Just because we should beat you does not mean we think we are going to win the national title. It means we know we have more talent than Kansas State, a top 30 football team.

TrapGame
08-13-2018, 02:31 PM
I hope we beat yalls ass and think it?s possible, but I wouldn?t be shocked to see Fitz struggle hard and us lose

For Fitz to struggle K State's D will have to stop Aeris and Kylin. That ain't happening. I can see this game being a Kylin Hill highlight reel.

I can see this game being tight in the first half but the second half will be all MSU.

ShotgunDawg
08-13-2018, 02:33 PM

We are underrated due to the questions about our QB's leg and a new coach.

If Mullen was returning and Fitzgerald hadn't broken his leg vs OM, we would've gone 9-3 last year and be preseason 8-13.

If the questions that are causing us to be underrated are legit, then KState absolutely has shot. If they are not, the we are looking at about a 35-10 type game.

Jack Lambert
08-13-2018, 03:01 PM

You do know that this is all in fun? I like KSU. It's is a lot like Miss State but on Sept 8th that like will go away. :)

StateDawg44
08-13-2018, 03:08 PM
I do not give a crap who you fear. We should not be ranked higher at this point. We are right where we should be preseason and that’s well above you. Most anyone is beatable under the right circumstances (turnovers or injuries). Just because we should beat you does not mean we think we are going to win the national title. It means we know we have more talent than Kansas State, a top 30 football team.

You seem mad or something. Why are you so worked up? He is just stating his case as a K-State fan and having a conversation. Not like he is bashing anything about MSU or MS or really even saying anything that is hard to see as a small possibility. I've definitely seen MSU pull crazier stuff than what he is stating.

Would you really expect any opponents fans to come to our message board and just go ahead and accept defeat and say, "You're right, you're going to destroy us"? No one would waste the time to create a login for that.

RocketDawg
08-13-2018, 03:14 PM
I hope we beat y'alls ass and think it's possible, but I wouldn't be shocked to see Fitz struggle hard and us lose

Nah, we should beat the KSU Jawhawks handily. **

08-13-2018, 03:49 PM

I guess we just have a different perspective. If a team has only one weakness, and that weakness was shored up, then that's a NC caliber team. JMO

If I were you and believed my team had no weakness, I definitely would be thinking about the playoffs.

najeenena
08-13-2018, 04:06 PM
If you honestly don't believe any team on any given Saturday can lose you are crazy. If you want to base a teams talent, ability etc on one game you are crazy. Anyone can cherry pick a teams worse performance of the season and say that team isn't very good. I suggest you go back and watch Kansas State vs West Virgina, Oklahoma State, Texas and Oklahoma.......yes the same Oklahoma that made the CFP, the same Oklahoma that put up 500 yards of offense and 48 points on Georgia with its 6th ranked defense. The same Georgia that destroyed Miss St 31-3..........you scored THREE POINTS for the GAME. Oklahoma managed 48 points on Georgia. Kansas State put up 35 on Oklahoma and led most of the game and Oklahoma scored a TD in the final minutes to win 42-35. See how that works when you cherry pick games? Also against Arkansas you were down 14-0. You were losing the game 21-14 in the 4th and you barely pulled out the win 28-21. See how that works? Any game can be a loss or a very tough win. Most teams get better as the season progresses. Kansas State definitely did. Again I suggest you watch some of the games I mentioned to get a better picture of Kansas State. If your players come in thinking they will face a team similar to the one that played Vandy they are in for a rude awakening.

TrapGame
08-13-2018, 04:25 PM
If you honestly don't believe any team on any given Saturday can lose you are crazy. If you want to base a teams talent, ability etc on one game you are crazy. Anyone can cherry pick a teams worse performance of the season and say that team isn't very good. I suggest you go back and watch Kansas State vs West Virgina, Oklahoma State, Texas and Oklahoma.......yes the same Oklahoma that made the CFP, the same Oklahoma that put up 500 yards of offense and 48 points on Georgia with its 6th ranked defense. The same Georgia that destroyed Miss St 31-3..........you scored THREE POINTS for the GAME. Oklahoma managed 48 points on Georgia. Kansas State put up 35 on Oklahoma and led most of the game and Oklahoma scored a TD in the final minutes to win 42-35. See how that works when you cherry pick games? Also against Arkansas you were down 14-0. You were losing the game 21-14 in the 4th and you barely pulled out the win 28-21. See how that works? Any game can be a loss or a very tough win. Most teams get better as the season progresses. Kansas State definitely did. Again I suggest you watch some of the games I mentioned to get a better picture of Kansas State. If your players come in thinking they will face a team similar to the one that played Vandy they are in for a rude awakening.

The new OC and DC you guys have now. What are they bringing to the table? Same or similar schemes? Or something totally new?

We will still run something similar to Mullen's offense but more versatile. Shoop brings a similar scheme to the defense, less blitzing than Grantham last year but still an attack first/always pressure the QB type defense.

08-13-2018, 04:56 PM
The new OC and DC you guys have now. What are they bringing to the table? Same or similar schemes? Or something totally new?

We will still run something similar to Mullen's offense but more versatile. Shoop brings a similar scheme to the defense, less blitzing than Grantham last year but still an attack first/always pressure the QB type defense.

Nobody really knows, but supposedly defense will play more aggressive. For the past several years we would play a bend but don't break style. Difficult to watch as a fan, but does limit big play potential. That can be valuable with the big play threats in our conference. I personally expect the offense to be pretty similar with a few new wrinkles.

Jarius
08-13-2018, 05:12 PM
I guess we just have a different perspective. If a team has only one weakness, and that weakness was shored up, then that's a NC caliber team. JMO

If I were you and believed my team had no weakness, I definitely would be thinking about the playoffs.

There are multiple teams in our division, let alone conference, that don’t have a weakness. We could make a playoff run, but I don’t expect it.

TrapGame
08-13-2018, 06:48 PM
Nobody really knows, but supposedly defense will play more aggressive. For the past several years we would play a bend but don't break style. Difficult to watch as a fan, but does limit big play potential. That can be valuable with the big play threats in our conference. I personally expect the offense to be pretty similar with a few new wrinkles.

Oh brother, don't get us started on the bend don't break defense. That was pretty much every defense we had up to Grantham.

najeenena
08-13-2018, 10:57 PM

As another poster stated no one really knows which can be good and bad. For you guys if you look at schemes from last season and prepare for that and we come out with something different it could present some issues for you guys.

In my opinion it will not be much different just "wrinkles" added. Our New OC was our WR Coach and an Ex NFL player. He has been on the staff for sometime. He knows what Coach Snyder likes and I can't see him changing much.

Our New DC is young and energetic and a former player. I think more than anything he will bring a little more aggressiveness and rotations on the defense.

najeenena
08-13-2018, 11:38 PM
I would like to respond to several posters on here who keep referencing our lost last season to Vanderbilt. It seems as if some want to use that one game as all the proof they need that you guys are going to destroy Kansas State. Also I find it quite fascinating that some of you look down your nose at Kansas State as if Miss St has been as Good as last season on a consistent basis. I have already posted stats that show that last season both teams were similar in almost every important category . So in light of all of this I decided to do some research. Here is what I discovered:

FROM 2000-PRESENT

Miss St over all record: 107-115 (avg 5.9 wins and 6.3 losses) Kansas State overall record: 136-90 (avg 7.5 wins and 5 losses)

Worse stretch during that period: 2001-2006: 20-52 avg 3.3 wins and 8.6 losses Worse stretch during that period: 2004-2010 39-45 avg 5.5 wins and 6.4 losses

Miss St record from 2004-2010: 24-49 avg 5 wins and 7 losses

So as you can see since 2000 Kansas State has a better overall "winning" record and Miss State has a worse and "losing" record

Now in regards to Vanderbilt. Yes we lost to them at their field. We went 9-4 the previous year with a Bowl win over Texas A&M who at one point was ranked as high as 7th and did have the #1 overall NFL Draft Pick. Vanderbilt went 6-7 in year before playing us including a win over Georgia. We were preseason ranked in 2017 in some polls and brought back a lot of returners.

Now in contrast in 2015 Miss St was 9-4 (same as we were the previous season before playing Vanderbilt) The following season (2016)you guys played South Alabama a FCS team that was started in 2009 at your Home Field and loss. The previous season South Alabama went 5-7 with losses to Texas State and Georgia State. In 2016 when they beat Miss St they went 6-7 with a one of the losses being to Idaho.

My points to this post are several.

1. Anyone can have a bad game and lose to an inferior opponent
2. No denying that last season you guys were a very good team esp defensively, but Kansas State is no slouch either
3. Kansas State has been more consistent and won more games and has a winning overall record over the last almost 2 decades. So how can some of you look down on us?
4. It is foolish to base a teams talent and ability on one game.

This game between us will be a great game.

BiscuitEater
08-14-2018, 04:57 AM
Not true. In fact, the game counts very little in the big picture.

My thought .. If we can't beat a team that LOST to Vandy last year .. we definitely WON'T have the kind of year that most fans are projecting.

BiscuitEater
08-14-2018, 05:00 AM
I would like to respond to several posters on here who keep referencing our lost last season to Vanderbilt. It seems as if some want to use that one game as all the proof they need that you guys are going to destroy Kansas State. Also I find it quite fascinating that some of you look down your nose at Kansas State as if Miss St has been as Good as last season on a consistent basis. I have already posted stats that show that last season both teams were similar in almost every important category . So in light of all of this I decided to do some research. Here is what I discovered:

FROM 2000-PRESENT

Miss St over all record: 107-115 (avg 5.9 wins and 6.3 losses) Kansas State overall record: 136-90 (avg 7.5 wins and 5 losses)

Worse stretch during that period: 2001-2006: 20-52 avg 3.3 wins and 8.6 losses Worse stretch during that period: 2004-2010 39-45 avg 5.5 wins and 6.4 losses

Miss St record from 2004-2010: 24-49 avg 5 wins and 7 losses

So as you can see since 2000 Kansas State has a better overall "winning" record and Miss State has a worse and "losing" record

Now in regards to Vanderbilt. Yes we lost to them at their field. We went 9-4 the previous year with a Bowl win over Texas A&M who at one point was ranked as high as 7th and did have the #1 overall NFL Draft Pick. Vanderbilt went 6-7 in year before playing us including a win over Georgia. We were preseason ranked in 2017 in some polls and brought back a lot of returners.

Now in contrast in 2015 Miss St was 9-4 (same as we were the previous season before playing Vanderbilt) The following season (2016)you guys played South Alabama a FCS team that was started in 2009 at your Home Field and loss. The previous season South Alabama went 5-7 with losses to Texas State and Georgia State. In 2016 when they beat Miss St they went 6-7 with a one of the losses being to Idaho.

My points to this post are several.

1. Anyone can have a bad game and lose to an inferior opponent
2. No denying that last season you guys were a very good team esp defensively, but Kansas State is no slouch either
3. Kansas State has been more consistent and won more games and has a winning overall record over the last almost 2 decades. So how can some of you look down on us?
4. It is foolish to base a teams talent and ability on one game.

This game between us will be a great game.

When exactly, did KState start playing in the SEC West? Do you understand that KSU plays in the B12?

Mutt the Hoople
08-14-2018, 05:46 AM
Letting someone stay a Head coach into his 80's is a great idea.

Sincerely,

Penn State

Matty Dispatch
08-14-2018, 06:04 AM

If this game was in 2017 or 2016 or even 2019 you'd be getting a different response from State fans. But this is 2019, and we expect this to be our year. We are expecting to equal or surpass our 2014 season with this team. Kansas State has a nice team - kind of like we had a nice team in 2010 or 2015 or 2017 when we went 9-4 during those years. But in 2018 MSU fans are expecting to take it to another level and compete for the SEC West with Alabama and Auburn, and if that's the case then beating Kansas State shouldn't be that big of a deal. In just about any other year, it would be a much more anticipated game, but not this year.

08-14-2018, 06:17 AM
When exactly, did KState start playing in the SEC West? Do you understand that KSU plays in the B12?

At what point does it become embarrassing to brag about swinging from Bama's nuts? Just curious. (question directed at this poster and those like him, not all MSU fans)

Matty Dispatch
08-14-2018, 06:29 AM
At what point does it become embarrassing to brag about swinging from Bama's nuts? Just curious. (question directed at this poster and those like him, not all MSU fans)

In the last 11 years, a SEC West team has played for the national championship 10 times. It's been Alabama 6 of those 10 times.

In the last 9 years, the Heisman Trophy winner has come from the SEC West. It's been from Alabama 2 of those 4 times.

In the last 8 years, Alabama has won the SEC West 4 times.

Alabama is the best program in the West, but the division is ridiculously tough, and it's the only division that could take them down as much as they have been. Having a .500 conference record in the West means you're probably a top 15-20 team. So, yeah, MSU loses a lot of games in the West, but it's because it's really hard. Not just because Bama is in the division.

najeenena
08-14-2018, 08:32 AM

I am well aware of the SEC West I am from Alabama. I support Kansas State because my family member is on the team. I also thought like you did that the Big 12 was weak. That is an old and tired narrative and not true

At some point and time the other teams in the SEC has to stop riding Bamas coat tails. The SEC is top heavy just like most other conferences. You guys are in the SEC West true. You also don?t play every team in your conference. The SEC West is Bama period. LSU has been up and down, Auburn the same way, Arkansas really been up and down and Texas A&M with all their 4 star talent can?t translate that to the field.

By playing every team in our Conferance we will always get the great teams....... the usual ones and the ones who out together a special season.

Finallly if I am correct only 5 of your games are vs the SEC West you play 12 games (13 if SEC Title game)

najeenena
08-14-2018, 08:47 AM

So your entire opinion of Kansas State is based on one game? I could say the same of your game vs Arkansas where they led 14-0 on your great defense. You guys had to pull out a late TD for the win.

That would be foolish for me to base your teams ability and talent on one game. Also Even though it was 2016 you guys lost to an FCS Team at home after being 9-4 the previous season.

You can obviously search for games on YouTube so have some balls and watch more than one game. Watch us vs Oklahoma you know the CFP team that went toe to toe with Georgia the same Georgia that held you guys to 3 points. Watch us vs WV with its heisman canidate Qb or vs Oklahoma St. Then tell me the Kansas State that played those games wouldn?t beat Vanderbilt handily?

Finally what are you going to say if you guys lose vs us? I don?t want to hear ?bad coaching? or ?new offense? or injuries etc. You guys should win based on what many of you State based on pure talents alone. So again No excuses if you lose.

You guys are really going to be in for a shock when we play you.

TrapGame
08-14-2018, 08:50 AM
I am well aware of the SEC West I am from Alabama. I support Kansas State because my family member is on the team. I also thought like you did that the Big 12 was weak. That is an old and tired narrative and not true

At some point and time the other teams in the SEC has to stop riding Bamas coat tails. The SEC is top heavy just like most other conferences. You guys are in the SEC West true. You also don?t play every team in your conference. The SEC West is Bama period. LSU has been up and down, Auburn the same way, Arkansas really been up and down and Texas A&M with all their 4 star talent can?t translate that to the field.

By playing every team in our Conferance we will always get the great teams....... the usual ones and the ones who out together a special season.

Finallly if I am correct only 5 of your games are vs the SEC West you play 12 games (13 if SEC Title game)

No we play every team in the West every year. That's 6. We have 2 East match ups and 4 ooc games.

TrapGame
08-14-2018, 08:53 AM
So your entire opinion of Kansas State is based on one game? I could say the same of your game vs Arkansas where they led 14-0 on your great defense. You guys had to pull out a late TD for the win.

That would be foolish for me to base your teams ability and talent on one game. Also Even though it was 2016 you guys lost to an FCS Team at home after being 9-4 the previous season.

You can obviously search for games on YouTube so have some balls and watch more than one game. Watch us vs Oklahoma you know the CFP team that went toe to toe with Georgia the same Georgia that held you guys to 3 points. Watch us vs WV with its heisman canidate Qb or vs Oklahoma St. Then tell me the Kansas State that played those games wouldn?t beat Vanderbilt handily?

Finally what are you going to say if you guys lose vs us? I don?t want to hear ?bad coaching? or ?new offense? or injuries etc. You guys should win based on what many of you State based on pure talents alone. So again No excuses if you lose.

You guys are really going to be in for a shock when we play you.

No, I watched the Iowa State game last night. Iowa State's "elite" #43 defense held y'all to 7 points way into the third quarter at home in what I believe was an 11 o'clock game. Our defense is a lot better than Iowa State's and Vandy's.

08-14-2018, 09:21 AM
SEC West has been very good, but typically it's Bama and maybe another good team. MSU might be that team, not saying their not. Bragging about your rivals' accomplishments is silly everywhere except in the southeast.

08-14-2018, 09:30 AM
No, I watched the Iowa State game last night. Iowa State's "elite" #43 defense held y'all to 7 points way into the third quarter at home in what I believe was an 11 o'clock game. Our defense is a lot better than Iowa State's and Vandy's.

Maintaining a highly ranked defense is typically pretty tough in our conference. Not every team has a lot of firepower, but many do. Just one example, but the OU vs UGA game shows what I mean. But FWIW, I did not expect OU to be as successful offensively as they were in that game, even wit the the offensive talent they had.

sandwolf
08-14-2018, 09:31 AM
At some point and time the other teams in the SEC has to stop riding Bamas coat tails. The SEC is top heavy just like most other conferences......The SEC West is Bama period......By playing every team in our Conferance we will always get the great teams....... the usual ones and the ones who out together a special season.

Calling the SEC top heavy and saying that the West is Bama period is hilarious.

In the last 10 years, the SEC has had 5 different teams play in the national title game....the West alone has had 3. The next closest conferences would be the ACC and Big 12, who have had 2 different teams play for a title.

ShotgunDawg
08-14-2018, 09:33 AM
SEC West has been very good, but typically it's Bama and maybe another good team. MSU might be that team, not saying their not. Bragging about your rivals' accomplishments is silly everywhere except in the southeast.

This is incorrect. It's never just Bama & another team. It's a complete league of top 30 recruiters that play each other & thus rack up more losses than they would in any other conference or division.

The dirty little secret that the Joe Klatts, Danny Kennells, etc don't want to acknowledge is a that team that finishes 4th in the SEC West would've been in contention to win the Big 12 or Pac 12 most years.

I understand your opinion because you assume that an SEC West team that loses 4 or 5 games is not any good, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

ShotgunDawg
08-14-2018, 09:50 AM
Maintaining a highly ranked defense is typically pretty tough in our conference. Not every team has a lot of firepower, but many do. Just one example, but the OU vs UGA game shows what I mean. But FWIW, I did not expect OU to be as successful offensively as they were in that game, even wit the the offensive talent they had.

OU wasn't very successful in the 2nd half on offense vs UGA once UGA had the chance to adjust to OU's NFL QB & different offensive style than any SEC school runs.

This actually happens often to SEC schools in bowl games. They come up against another conference's team who view playing an SEC team as their Super Bowl, they use the month of preparation to put in unique offensive sets that aren't on film, & then it takes the SEC team a half to figure it out.

Dawg61
08-14-2018, 09:54 AM

The SEC West has been the best sub division in CFB for a decade straight. Nobody is dick riding Bama. KSU fans are starting to sound like Southern Miss fans right now. Let me give you a little bit of advice. Never seek validation from an opponent's fanbase. If KSU is worth a shit this year we will see it when we face y'all. No sense bragging up your team beforehand.

najeenena
08-14-2018, 09:55 AM
No we play every team in the West every year. That's 6. We have 2 East match ups and 4 ooc games.

My mistake I forgot about yall's rival Ole Miss.

najeenena
08-14-2018, 10:07 AM
OU wasn't very successful in the 2nd half on offense vs UGA once UGA had the chance to adjust to OU's NFL QB & different offensive style than any SEC school runs.

This actually happens often to SEC schools in bowl games. They come up against another conference's team who view playing an SEC team as their Super Bowl, they use the month of preparation to put in unique offensive sets that aren't on film, & then it takes the SEC team a half to figure it out.

Dude I was "somewhat" with you until you said:

"They come up against another conference's team who view playing an SEC team as their Super Bowl, they use the month of preparation to put in unique offensive sets that aren't on film, & then it takes the SEC team a half to figure it out"

You do realize Oklahoma as most of the Big 12 runs the Spread Offense and has been forever? This is nothing "unique". Also that gate swings both ways. SEC teams have a month to prepare and watch film for bowl games as well, hence that is why Saban and Bama are most of the time unbeatable in Bowl games.

Finally Georgia didn't figure anything out. The game was one of "runs". Oklahoma had theirs and went up 31-17 at the half. Georgia had theirs and outscored Oklahoma 14-0 in the 3rd qtr to tie the game. In the forth quarter both teams scored 14 points to force OT.

And again the weak inferior Big 12 dropped 48 points and 500 yards of offense on Georgia with its 6th ranked defense in the Nation. Georgia held Miss St to THREE points for the GAME.

Dawg61
08-14-2018, 10:11 AM
Dude I was "somewhat" with you until you said:

"They come up against another conference's team who view playing an SEC team as their Super Bowl, they use the month of preparation to put in unique offensive sets that aren't on film, & then it takes the SEC team a half to figure it out"

You do realize Oklahoma as most of the Big 12 runs the Spread Offense and has been forever? This is nothing "unique". Also that gate swings both ways. SEC teams have a month to prepare and watch film for bowl games as well, hence that is why Saban and Bama are most of the time unbeatable in Bowl games.

Finally Georgia didn't figure anything out. The game was one of "runs". Oklahoma had theirs and went up 31-17 at the half. Georgia had theirs and outscored Oklahoma 14-0 in the 3rd qtr to tie the game. In the forth quarter both teams scored 14 points to force OT.

And again the weak inferior Big 12 dropped 48 points and 500 yards of offense on Georgia with its 6th ranked defense in the Nation. Georgia held Miss St to THREE points for the GAME.

Sounds like you're dick riding Oklahoma

najeenena
08-14-2018, 10:20 AM
This is incorrect. It's never just Bama & another team. It's a complete league of top 30 recruiters that play each other & thus rack up more losses than they would in any other conference or division.

The dirty little secret that the Joe Klatts, Danny Kennells, etc don't want to acknowledge is a that team that finishes 4th in the SEC West would've been in contention to win the Big 12 or Pac 12 most years.

I understand your opinion because you assume that an SEC West team that loses 4 or 5 games is not any good, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

Ok dude that is just pure arrogance. The FORTH place team would win the Big 12? Ok............

First as Bama learned when playing and losing to Spread offenses (Oklahoma in Sugar Bowl, Clemson in CFP, Ole Miss several times etc) that you must have the defensive personnel who can stay on the field and guard multiple positions. Hence why Saban changed his recruiting tactics and the type of players he brought in. They are smaller but quicker.

Most Power SEC teams would struggle in the Big 12 (esp the 4th place ones). Not because of talent but because of the pace of the game, the no huddle quick throws, and having to guard everyone on offense....multiple receivers, Tight ends, H-Backs, Running Backs, etc. They would be gassed and would have to endure this week end and week out no let up.

This narrative that the Big 12 is so weak is so false. I really wish they would have a SEC vs Big 12 challenge regular season for Football like they do in Basketball.

ShotgunDawg
08-14-2018, 10:20 AM

They are pretty much the only case that the conference has.

najeenena
08-14-2018, 10:24 AM

I guess english comprehension is not your strong suit........How am I dick riding when I am responding to a Miss St fan post who mentioned Oklahoma first? He made a comment about them and I refuted it. I am pretty sure all of the statistics and analysis I have presented on this forum is about Kansas State...........again the forest for the trees dude.

TUSK
08-14-2018, 10:28 AM

Easy there, Daddio.... I decide who gets to swing from dees nuts...*

najeenena
08-14-2018, 10:29 AM
They are pretty much the only case that the conference has.

As with you guys and Bama...........................

I have proven through irrefutable stats and facts that:

Kansas State and Miss St are identical offensively

Kansas State over the past 2 decades has more wins and less losses than Miss St AND K-State has an overall winning record and Miss St and over all losing record

K-State also has more Conference Championships

but hey keep pining away..........

ShotgunDawg
08-14-2018, 10:31 AM

I have proven through irrefutable stats and facts that:

Kansas State and Miss St are identical offensively

Kansas State over the past 2 decades has more wins and less losses than Miss St AND K-State has an overall winning record and Miss St and over all losing record

K-State also has more Conference Championships

but hey keep pining away..........

Of course you do because you play in a shitty conference & we play top 10 recruiters week in & week out.

You realize records depend on your schedule right?

As us with Bama? You realize that Auburn & LSU have both won recent national championships & are consistent top 10 recruiters? Right?

sandwolf
08-14-2018, 10:45 AM

Again.....

Calling the SEC top heavy and saying that the West is Bama period is hilarious.

In the last 10 years, the SEC has had 5 different teams play in the national title game....the West alone has had 3. The next closest conferences would be the ACC and Big 12, who have had 2 different teams play for a title.

Dawg61
08-14-2018, 12:53 PM
At some point and time

I guess english is not your strong suit

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjI5VtIhHvK37WYo/giphy.gif

Jack Lambert
08-14-2018, 01:29 PM
Easy there, Daddio.... I decide who gets to swing from dees nuts...*

That's funny my fellow Devil Dog.

Ooh Rah!

najeenena
08-14-2018, 02:08 PM
Of course you do because you play in a shitty conference & we play top 10 recruiters week in & week out.

You realize records depend on your schedule right?

As us with Bama? You realize that Auburn & LSU have both won recent national championships & are consistent top 10 recruiters? Right?

I thought this was about Kansas State and Miss St?? Just can't stop mentioning Bama huh?

Dude Miss St has been HISTORICALLY bad......Not all those hundred plus losses are Bama and Auburn. There are some South Alabamas' in there as well

Yes you have been a good team the last FEW years esp last season but again Historically that is an Anomaly.

But hey I get it ride that hot streak as long as it lasts......its not normal or often that Miss St is good

ShotgunDawg
08-14-2018, 02:22 PM
I thought this was about Kansas State and Miss St?? Just can't stop mentioning Bama huh?

Dude Miss St has been HISTORICALLY bad......Not all those hundred plus losses are Bama and Auburn. There are some South Alabamas' in there as well

Yes you have been a good team the last FEW years esp last season but again Historically that is an Anomaly.

But hey I get it ride that hot streak as long as it lasts......its not normal or often that Miss St is good

Kansas State is way more of a historical footnote than MSU. And we've been good for more than last year. We were ranked #1 in 2014 and have been to 8 straight bowl games

Dawg61
08-14-2018, 02:51 PM

KSU was realllllllllly bad pre-Snyder. Like atrocious bad. I don't think you want to be bringing up ancient history even vs MSU. Better save that one for smack talk vs Northwestern or Prairie View A&M.

najeenena
08-14-2018, 03:10 PM
KSU was realllllllllly bad pre-Snyder. Like atrocious bad. I don't think you want to be bringing up ancient history even vs MSU. Better save that one for smack talk vs Northwestern or Prairie View A&M.

Touche , Touche

najeenena
08-14-2018, 03:35 PM
Kansas State is way more of a historical footnote than MSU. And we've been good for more than last year. We were ranked #1 in 2014 and have been to 8 straight bowl games

Just out of curiosity and to see if Kansas State was more of a footnote historically than Miss St, I decided to go back past 2000 where Kansas State has a clear advantage in Wins and losses and decided to go back to the beginning of each schools football program to the present. I discovered some interesting facts:

Miss St:

Started playing football 114 years ago.

Kansas St:

Start playing football 107 years ago.

Kansas St:
526 wins (85th all time)
640 losses
21 Bowl games (53rd all-time) * also been to the last 8 straight
7 Conference Championships (85th all time)
141 NFL Draft picks (Kansas State has had a player drafted the last 25 years in a row)
211 weeks in AP Poll (40th all time)
1 and 1 vs Miss St All Time

Miss St:
555 wins (73rd all time)
573 losses
21 Bowl games (53rd all time)
1 Conference Title (113th all time)
189 NFL Draft picks
189 weeks in AP Poll (46th all time)
1 and 1 vs Kansas State all time

Cowbell
08-14-2018, 03:49 PM

This is just incorrect. For example, Auburn was actually the best team in the west last year and actually won the west. We had two NC caliber teams in our division of our conference. We had two teams in the West that were better than any team in the entire Big 12 and 3 in our league better.

Our schedule last year would have been like KState playing 3 teams better than Oklahoma (which we did). And then, name a gimme game in the SEC West....just one. I can name at least 4 in the Big 12. Thats the thing. Its not about riding Bamas coattail - Its the fact that we can' t just save up for one or two big games a year against teams like that because would get blasted every other week in this league.

You can take the best 6 teams in the Big 12, put them in a division together and they still wouldn't be better than the West year-in and out. Thats including us, as you will soon realize.

Cowbell
08-14-2018, 03:52 PM
Just out of curiosity and to see if Kansas State was more of a footnote historically than Miss St, I decided to go back past 2000 where Kansas State has a clear advantage in Wins and losses and decided to go back to the beginning of each schools football program to the present. I discovered some interesting facts:

Miss St:

Kansas St:

Kansas St:
526 wins (85th all time)
640 losses
141 NFL Draft picks (Kansas State has had a player drafted the last 25 years in a row)

Miss St:
555 wins (73rd all time)
573 losses
189 NFL Draft picks

This is where I will concede. Historically, we have nothing over K-state besides draft picks. You guys have actually made a few title runs. Not us. at all.

Dawg61
08-14-2018, 04:20 PM
How many of those years pre-2000 was their an SEC Network and ESPN paying every SEC school bank? Looking at history is neat and all but MSU pre-2008 is just not the same program at all. We are all well aware of our father's and grandfather's shitty MSU football but it isn't relevant to what you'll see 2nd week.

TUSK
08-14-2018, 04:45 PM
How many of those years pre-2000 was their an SEC Network and ESPN paying every SEC school bank?

You're welcome.

Cowbell
08-14-2018, 04:48 PM

Miss St:

Kansas St:

Kansas St:
526 wins (85th all time)
640 losses

Miss St:
555 wins (73rd all time)
573 losses
189 NFL Draft picks

You should make this situation work for you, so that you will have something to gloat about after the game. The win total line for us right now 8.5 - take the over - no thanks needed.

Dawg61
08-14-2018, 05:01 PM
You're welcome.

SEC would have just as large a contract with another team as the 14th member instead of Bama.

TUSK
08-14-2018, 05:20 PM
SEC would have just as large a contract with another team as the 14th member instead of Bama.

Eh kay:rolleyes:

najeenena
08-14-2018, 05:36 PM
How many of those years pre-2000 was their an SEC Network and ESPN paying every SEC school bank? Looking at history is neat and all but MSU pre-2008 is just not the same program at all. We are all well aware of our father's and grandfather's shitty MSU football but it isn't relevant to what you'll see 2nd week.

I already did one comparison more recent (2000-Present) so here you go again:

FROM 2000-PRESENT

Miss St over all record: 107-115 (avg 5.9 wins and 6.3 losses)

Kansas State overall record: 136-90 (avg 7.5 wins and 5 losses)

Miss St Worse stretch during that period: 2001-2006: 20-52 avg 3.3 wins and 8.6 losses

Kansas St Worse stretch during that period: 2004-2010 39-45 avg 5.5 wins and 6.4 losses (*Miss St record from 2004-2010: 24-49 avg 5 wins and 7 losses)

But for comparisons sake lets do 2008-Present

Miss St: 74-54 (7.4 wins 5.4 losses)

Kansas St: 79-49 (7.9 wins 4.9 losses)

Facts don't lie......................

sandwolf
08-14-2018, 05:54 PM

Thats a much more realistic time period to look at to compare the programs. Now add some context to those records by showing the average SOS and the number of top 25 opponents each team faced during that time period.

QuadrupleOption
08-14-2018, 05:55 PM
And again the weak inferior Big 12 dropped 48 points and 500 yards of offense on Georgia with its 6th ranked defense in the Nation.

And LOST. Why are you holding Oklahoma up as some paragon of awesome football? They put up 48 points in a game and LOST. So K State scoring a bunch on them doesn't really impress me. A lot of people put up points on Oklahoma last year. Try another tack please.

Dawg61
08-14-2018, 06:31 PM

Cool so how many ranked teams did you face and how many did MSU face? Since you are doing a comparison the level of competition you face kinda matters.

Jack Lambert
08-14-2018, 07:05 PM
Cool so how many ranked teams did you face and how many did MSU face? Since you are doing a comparison the level of competition you face kinda matters.

The better question how many National Champion teams did they play during that time span? Or we will make it more easy. How many teams did they play in that time span that finished the season top 5?

Dawg61
08-14-2018, 08:27 PM
The better question how many National Champion teams did they play during that time span? Or we will make it more easy. How many teams did they play in that time span that finished the season top 5?

Except for 2008-9 Texas has been it's worst ever during that stretch so KSU has had to face Oklahoma, Ok. State and Baylor for a couple years. That's it. MSU probably has faced 30 more ranked matchups than KSU.

huffy
08-15-2018, 06:18 AM

Eh... I'm not so sure that I want to be reminded of Mullen's record vs ranked teams.

Dawg61
08-15-2018, 10:01 AM
Eh... I'm not so sure that I want to be reminded of Mullen's record vs ranked teams.

I have good news for you. Mullen is Florida's coach now.

Dawg61
08-15-2018, 10:03 AM
Eh kay:rolleyes:

Maybe one of these centuries you'll figure out how tv contracts work.

TUSK
08-15-2018, 10:08 AM
Maybe one of these centuries you'll figure out how tv contracts work.

Dude, did you forget that silly, ignorant posts can get ya removed from a forum?

Dawg61
08-15-2018, 10:23 AM
Dude, did you forget that silly, ignorant posts can get ya removed from a forum?

Start a new thread if you'd like to debate tv contracts please. Here's a hint though. Two schools in the same state (just like MS and TN) double dip into the same viewers cutting them in half. Take one of the MS, AL or TN schools out and the same fans that watch the SEC will STILL watch the SEC. Put in another school from another state that doesn't have an SEC school and you gain all the viewers from that state now watching the SEC and you don't lose any from the school's state you just removed. Errrrrrrbody from Alabama is still gonna watch the SEC regardless of Bama being in it or not.

TUSK
08-15-2018, 10:32 AM
Start a new thread if you'd like to debate tv contracts please. Here's a hint though. Two schools in the same state (just like MS and TN) double dip into the same viewers cutting them in half. Take one of the MS, AL or TN schools out and the same fans that watch the SEC will STILL watch the SEC. Put in another school from another state that doesn't have an SEC school and you gain all the viewers from that state now watching the SEC and you don't lose any from the school's state you just removed. Errrrrrrbody from Alabama is still gonna watch the SEC regardless of Bama being in it or not.

Some of that is true...

However, I believe it's incorrect to say that the contract value would be of equal value if Bammer was replaced by "any other team".

Dawg61
08-15-2018, 10:58 AM
Some of that is true...

However, I believe it's incorrect to say that the contract value would be of equal value if Bammer was replaced by "any other team".

I never said any team could replace them and it wouldn't decrease the value of the contract but there are a couple that would actually increase the money. This doesn't just go for Bama this also includes Auburn, State, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt and Tennessee. Replace just one of these schools with an Oklahoma, Virginia, Ok. State, VTech, UNC, NC State or West Virginia and you gain all the viewers from that state without losing any viewers from the school's state you just replaced. I actually think it'd be pretty wise to capitalize on the market that is Alabama by splitting Auburn/Bama into two separate conferences. All the fans in Alabama will still watch the other school's conference especially if they keep the iron bowl as the last game played every year.

TrapGame
08-15-2018, 11:01 AM

When I see something like this I think Mullen was getting paid to be mediocre. We out recruited K State by 20 to 30 spots every one of those years. He couldn't beat Bama at least once in his nine year tenure. I know there are other factors involved but Mullen was getting a fat check to be average.

TUSK
08-15-2018, 11:02 AM
I never said any team could replace them and it wouldn't decrease the value of the contract but there are a couple that would actually increase the money. This doesn't just go for Bama this also includes Auburn, State, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt and Tennessee. Replace just one of these schools with an Oklahoma, Virginia, Ok. State, VTech, UNC, NC State or West Virginia and you gain all the viewers from that state without losing any viewers from the school's state you just replaced. I actually think it'd be pretty wise to capitalize on the market that is Alabama by splitting Auburn/Bama into two separate conferences. All the fans in Alabama will still watch the other school's conference especially if they keep the iron bowl as the last game played every year.

Yep, I misread/read into what you were sayin'... That was my bust... I inferred you were suggesting otherwise (like trading Bammer for UAB)... that was totally my bust.

Jarius
08-15-2018, 12:54 PM
When I see something like this I think Mullen was getting paid to be mediocre. We out recruited K State by 20 to 30 spots every one of those years. He couldn't beat Bama at least once in his nine year tenure. I know there are other factors involved but Mullen was getting a fat check to be average.

If Mullen got to play Kansas State's schedule every year he would average 9 wins a year instead. They play in the Big 12, which has been a half step up from a G5 conference for about a decade now.

Dawg61
08-15-2018, 12:54 PM
Yep, I misread/read into what you were sayin'... That was my bust... I inferred you were suggesting otherwise (like trading Bammer for UAB)... that was totally my bust.

Hurray you're finally gonna stop saying the completely unfunny totally disrespectful welfare "joke" that's absolutely false on this Mississippi State message board after only 6 straight years and hundreds of uses.

TUSK
08-15-2018, 01:08 PM
Hurray you're finally gonna stop saying the welfare "joke".

Slow your roll, there, Turbo... I didn't say that...LOL

Dawg61
08-15-2018, 01:17 PM
Slow your roll, there, Turbo... I didn't say that...LOL

Groundhog day jokes never die and are never funny

TrapGame
08-15-2018, 01:38 PM
If Mullen got to play Kansas State's schedule every year he would average 9 wins a year instead. They play in the Big 12, which has been a half step up from a G5 conference for about a decade now.

But...But...the KSU folks says it's the most powerful conference in the country!***