PDA

View Full Version : Just in from our local "Send Off" party

RocketDawg
08-09-2018, 08:22 PM
I think there were 56 entering freshmen from this area there, and most were going to be engineering majors. Shocked. **

The local alumni president said typically about a third of the entering freshmen come to the send off gathering, so there are about 170 going to MSU this fall. That's a lot more than I expected.

maroonmania
08-09-2018, 08:42 PM
Yep, one of the 56 was mine. :)

Goldendawg
08-09-2018, 08:52 PM
Hail State! Congrats to her and you as a caring parent! Have a 33 year old daughter (OM grad however!), and a 17 year old son who is hardcore dawg. He will go to State after CC. Best wishes to your family.

Jack Lambert
08-09-2018, 09:10 PM
My mom gave me a 20 dollar bill and said see you when you come home. However after that first semester I joined the Marine Corp and when they dropped me off at the meps station she cried. It was a little more serious the i guess.

RocketDawg
08-09-2018, 09:25 PM
Yep, one of the 56 was mine. :)

Cool. The current student speaker was my niece's daughter.

maroonmania
08-09-2018, 09:45 PM
Hail State! Congrats to him and you as a caring parent!

Thanks, its actually my youngest daughter starting at MSU this year. Its pretty exciting, first child of mine going to my alma mater!

msudawglb
08-09-2018, 09:52 PM
Thanks, its actually my youngest daughter starting at MSU this year. Its pretty exciting, first child of mine going to my alma mater!

My son will move in as a freshman on the 18th. He?s majoring in marketing. He was at the beach with friends so he missed his Huntsville send off party.

maroonmania
08-09-2018, 10:16 PM
My son will move in as a freshman on the 18th. He?s majoring in marketing. He was at the beach with friends so he missed his Huntsville send off party.

Congrats!

Goldendawg
08-09-2018, 10:34 PM

Best wishes to Her and your family. My 33 year old daughter is an OM grad, but couldn't love her a bit less. 17 year old son is hardcore dawg and will go to State after NEMCC then State like his Dad (MSU Class of 77).