PDA

View Full Version : Awesome to hear Moorhead say

Msujd164
08-09-2018, 10:25 AM
?It's apparent to me that the guys worked very hard in the summer on their own and were in the playbook."

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2018, 10:37 AM
I'm just ready to kick it off.

The praise is getting a little thick from MSU fans IMO, when we haven't even seen our team play or these coaches coach yet.

Hopefully Moorhead can achieve the Vince Lombardi expectations that many have set for him*

TrapGame
08-09-2018, 11:32 AM

The praise is getting a little thick from MSU fans IMO, when we haven't even seen our team play or these coaches coach yet.

Hopefully Moorhead can achieve the Vince Lombardi expectations that many have set for him*

The expectations, IMO, stem from Moorhead's head coaching stent at Fordham. He worked a miracle there. He's bringing the same attitude here. This is not his first head coaching gig. And he has hired a damn fine staff of asst. coaches. That's a big plus. But most of all I think folks are just glad to know Joe knows what asparagus is and can spell it.

mstatefan91
08-09-2018, 11:33 AM

You're a strange guy.

msu15
08-09-2018, 11:37 AM
You're a strange guy.

Very

Dawg61
08-09-2018, 12:17 PM
We aren't setting high expectations because of Mo. They are high because Mullen left the cupboard full for him.

TrapGame
08-09-2018, 12:24 PM
We aren't setting high expectations because of Mo. They are high because Mullen left the cupboard full for him.

Yep, that's it.

fishwater99
08-09-2018, 12:25 PM
?It's apparent to me that the guys worked very hard in the summer on their own and were in the playbook."

What do you expect him to say?

Our players are fat, dumb, and lazy and we will be lucky to win 3 games this year?

Commercecomet24
08-09-2018, 12:34 PM

Was Eeyore your favorite Winnie the Pooh character?

Ari Gold
08-09-2018, 02:01 PM

The praise for Moorhead is just as high or higher from people outside the MSU family .. I think I speak for everyone saying you need to read more and post less .
You have basically hijakced and destroyed recruiting thread ..

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2018, 02:06 PM
The praise for Moorhead is just as high or higher from people outside the MSU family .. I think I speak for everyone saying you need to read more and post less .

Really?

How did I destroy the recruiting thread?

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2018, 02:09 PM
Was Eeyore your favorite Winnie the Pooh character?

No. It's just ignorant to me to praise coaches before they coach their first game.

I think Moorhead can be great, but praising every little thing he does before he coaches his first game seems a little over the top to me & ignorant.

Msujd164
08-09-2018, 02:14 PM
What do you expect him to say?

Our players are fat, dumb, and lazy and we will be lucky to win 3 games this year?

Hope the cups don?t stink this year.
Man I wish people would sit down where I could see.
Why do they play this rap music so loud.
Price of nachos is still too high.

KOdawg1
08-09-2018, 02:46 PM
Really?

It's become unreadable

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2018, 02:49 PM
It's become unreadable

And that's my fault?

hopsondawg22
08-09-2018, 02:57 PM
Yes, yes it is. You’re takes are garbage.

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2018, 02:58 PM
Yes, yes it is. You?re takes are garbage.

In what way?

StateDawg44
08-09-2018, 03:15 PM
By being the only person arguing an ignorant or personal opinion like it's a fact. By being negative and instead of having high hopes, you down staff and recruits as if they owe MSU something and cast shade every single spot that is possible. Having strong opinions is perfectly acceptable. But not being able to hear others opinions is where it's gotten annoying.

Then you argue with people about how portions of the MSU fanbase are the problem. The back and forth and contradiction you spew is enough to make any ones head spin. Usually I take it as sign that I'm possibly wrong if there are more than 1, 2, 3 and 4+ people arguing differently (some times in multiple threads at the same time) than what I think. Or at least consider it instead of just deflecting and dismissing any opposition.

99jc
08-09-2018, 03:25 PM
In what way?

Look at your avatar that explains you as a whole. And you need to get a job and post less. Just saying.

StateDawg44
08-09-2018, 03:28 PM
Look at your avatar that explains you as a whole. And you need to get a job and post less. Just saying.

I thought this exact thing after my last post.

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2018, 03:42 PM
By being the only person arguing an ignorant or personal opinion like it's a fact. By being negative and instead of having high hopes, you down staff and recruits as if they owe MSU something and cast shade every single spot that is possible. Having strong opinions is perfectly acceptable. But not being able to hear others opinions is where it's gotten annoying.

Then you argue with people about how portions of the MSU fanbase are the problem. The back and forth and contradiction you spew is enough to make any ones head spin. Usually I take it as sign that I'm possibly wrong if there are more than 1, 2, 3 and 4+ people arguing differently (some times in multiple threads at the same time) than what I think. Or at least consider it instead of just deflecting and dismissing any opposition.

So anytime around 4 or more people disagree with you, you take that as you are wrong?

I definitely consider the counter points & many times say I am wrong. For example: IYOK made a great post in the recruiting thread this morning about how our out of state recruiting has gotten better. I was wrong & he was right.

Other times, I think the majority opinion is trash & one made by either completely biased people or ignorant people that really don't understand the concepts at hand.

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2018, 03:47 PM

Message boards work best when you debate topics & opinions vs debating someone you don't know's character, employment status, life decisions, or intelligence level.

I may disagree with your opinion, debate that, & potentially say that you don't know what you are talking about, but I believe it's unintelligent & ignorant to make assumptions that you have absolutely no clue about.

If you aren't smart enough to debate the topic at hand & feel as if your only recourse is to attack the person you disagree with, then it's probably best that you sit that one out or spend more time coming up with a response to the topic, which may or may not prove the person you disagree with wrong.

Dawg61
08-09-2018, 04:03 PM
Message boards work best when you debate topics & opinions vs debating someone you don't know's character, employment status, life decisions, or intelligence level.

I may disagree with your opinion, debate that, & potentially say that you don't know what you are talking about, but I believe it's unintelligent & ignorant to make assumptions that you have absolutely no clue about.

If you aren't smart enough to debate the topic at hand & feel as if your only recourse is to attack the person you disagree with, then it's probably best that you sit that one out or spend more time coming up with a response to the topic, which may or may not prove the person you disagree with wrong.

The safety of not being physically present in front of others on the internet doesn't prevent people from learning others personalities and piecing together many details about each other. Words are powerful and smart people can learn a lot by only using them or having access to them to learn about others. Your comment that "if you aren't smart enough to debate the topic" is actually false imo when dealing with people that are talking about each other's personalities.

StateDawg44
08-09-2018, 04:05 PM
So anytime around 4 or more people disagree with you, you take that as you are wrong?

I definitely consider the counter points & many times say I am wrong. For example: IYOK made a great post in the recruiting thread this morning about how our out of state recruiting has gotten better. I was wrong & he was right.

Other times, I think the majority opinion is trash & one made by either completely biased people or ignorant people that really don't understand the concepts at hand.

Solid deflection....again.

No I don't think that I am wrong when 4 or more people disagree with me. Since I didn't say that, I feel you are just dragging this out and playing dumb. What does the word "possibly" mean in your vocabulary? Re-read my post if you're still confused.

What I damn sure don't do is keep arguing and repeating the exact same thing over and over and over and think that those people will understand. Especially when I can't back anything that I am saying up other than just a hunch or feeling you may be having. Keep your opinions, they are yours. But don't play dumb and like you don't understand what most would consider fairly common sense stuff when people disagree with your opinion.

Personally if I were constantly getting berated and my quotes thrown back in my face. I would take a step back and re-evaluate. Not keep my head in the sand and stay in the same mindset.

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2018, 04:09 PM
The safety of not being physically present in front of others on the internet doesn't prevent people from learning others personalities and piecing together many details about each other. Words are powerful and smart people can learn a lot by only using them or having access to them to learn about others. Your comment that "if you aren't smart enough to debate the topic" is actually false imo when dealing with people that are talking about each other's personalities.

Not disagreeing that we can learn about each other's personalities, but it's still unproductive & little ridiculous to name call or mostly baseless assumptions when arguing a point. It works best when people debate the topic, not each other. It's one of the big problems with politics IMO. Everyone wants to call people idiots, racists, bigots, etc & don't want to actually debate the topic.

I'm sure I have made that mistake here a time or two, but I try my best to never attack another person on this board, even if I vehemently disagree with their perspective.

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2018, 04:10 PM
Solid deflection....again.

No I don't think that I am wrong when 4 or more people disagree with me. Since I didn't say that, I feel you are just dragging this out and playing dumb. What does the word "possibly" mean in your vocabulary? Re-read my post if you're still confused.

What I damn sure don't do is keep arguing and repeating the exact same thing over and over and over and think that those people will understand. Especially when I can't back anything that I am saying up other than just a hunch or feeling you may be having. Keep your opinions, they are yours. But don't play dumb and like you don't understand what most would consider fairly common sense stuff when people disagree with your opinion.

Personally if I were constantly getting berated and my quotes thrown back in my face. I would take a step back and re-evaluate. Not keep my head in the sand and stay in the same mindset.

With 41 posts on this board, you haven't done much of anything. Talking a big game for a guy that rarely post.

StateDawg44
08-09-2018, 04:18 PM
With 41 posts on this board, you haven't done much of anything. Talking a big game for a guy that rarely post.

With 19,068 posts made, you've probably accomplished just as much as me. Talking a pretty dumb game for a guy that posts way, way too much.

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2018, 04:20 PM
With 19,068 posts made, you've probably accomplished just as much as me. Talking a pretty dumb game for a guy that posts way, way too much.

Well, at least we have something in common.

PCHSDawg
08-09-2018, 04:53 PM
Y'all are just giving the post where more opportunities to run his almighty post count up. Just saying. 🤨

yjnkdawg
08-09-2018, 05:03 PM
Really?

If you can't figure that one out on your own, then you definitely need to read a lot more and post a lot less.

SouthMSDog
08-09-2018, 05:08 PM

Aren't you the same guy that penned a thesis about State maybe having hired its Dabo Swinney?

You do a good job of taking time to really spell out your thoughts in your posts (sans how we are supposed to help MSU recruiting, you never got around to those specific details), and never seem to have an emotional outburst - but your opinions just swing so wildly. Are you one of those prisoner of the moment types? We pull some 4 stars early (JOMO = DABO), then lose some we thought we had a good chance on and now you are all "pump the brakes on the premature coronation!" You're like Skip Bayless of Elitedawgs - you seem to thrive on overthought contrarian opinions.

Dolphus Raymond
08-09-2018, 05:15 PM
I am so ready for kickoff.

yjnkdawg
08-09-2018, 05:16 PM

+1 and rep given.

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2018, 05:17 PM
Aren't you the same guy that penned a thesis about State maybe having hired its Dabo Swinney?

You do a good job of taking time to really spell out your thoughts in your posts (sans how we are supposed to help MSU recruiting, you never got around to those specific details), and never seem to have an emotional outburst - but your opinions just swing so wildly. Are you one of those prisoner of the moment types? We pull some 4 stars early (JOMO = DABO), then lose some we thought we had a good chance on and now you are all "pump the brakes on the premature coronation!" You're like Skip Bayless of Elitedawgs - you seem to thrive on overthought contrarian opinions.

No. That wasn't me

As for the rest of your post, yes, I do alter my opinion when presented with new information.

If you take that as contradicting myself, the I apologize for confusing you.

I am not in the know with MSU football. I have very little inside information. However, some on this board do have inside info. When they bring forth new information, I have no problem changing my opinion.

Dawgtini
08-09-2018, 05:47 PM
Really?

The same way you destroyed this one. It?s ok to have an opinion and not voice it...or voice it once and let it be done. Smh

Commercecomet24
08-09-2018, 05:56 PM
No. It's just ignorant to me to praise coaches before they coach their first game.

I think Moorhead can be great, but praising every little thing he does before he coaches his first game seems a little over the top to me & ignorant.

I've never said the man was Saban. What I have said is his approach is totally different. This staff is out working and more organized than the previous staff by leaps and bounds. Stop reading the internet and go talk to players and coaches and you'll find out what I'm talking about.

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2018, 05:57 PM
The same way you destroyed this one. It?s ok to have an opinion and not voice it...or voice it once and let it be done. Smh

I only voiced my opinion on the topic once in this thread.

They thread was hijacked by those calling me out. I had nothing to do with hijacking this thread unless responding to unsubstantiated posts is considered hijacking

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2018, 05:58 PM
I've never said the man was Saban. What I have said is his approach is totally different. This staff is out working and more organized than the previous staff by leaps and bounds. Stop reading the internet and go talk to players and coaches and you'll find out what I'm talking about.

Good stuff. I don't know any of the coaches or players, so all I have is reading the internet.

SouthMSDog
08-09-2018, 06:01 PM
No. That wasn't me

As for the rest of your post, yes, I do alter my opinion when presented with new information.

If you take that as contradicting myself, the I apologize for confusing you.

I am not in the know with MSU football. I have very little inside information. However, some on this board do have inside info. When they bring forth new information, I have no problem changing my opinion.

My fault about the DABO = JOMO deal, my memory didn't serve me too well there. You didn't come outright and say it or write an actual thesis about it, but you did imply it with this:

"When we beat Clemson in the 1999 Peach Bowl, that was kind of the beginning of their climb under Bowden, who was their Mullen. Then they slowely built for almost 12-15 years before becoming CLEMSON.

If you want it to be sustainable and real, it has to be done the right way and that is what MSU has done here. It's no gimmick."

Which was part of this post made the day after King Ani committed to us. https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?66005-What-We-Are-Seeing-Here&highlight=bowden

Then when Emery and Mingo commit elsewhere and momentum starts to slide you completely change your argument and tell us we aren't selling MSU enough despite your previous claims of our ascent. No one brought new information to the table to make you change your mind about this staff between Ani's commitment and Mingo's. You went from implying that we are on a Clemson like rise when Ani commits, to this beautiful melt on page 3
( https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?68534-John-Emery-with-the-curveball/page3&highlight=emery ) when Emery commits to UGA, and you are now telling everyone to pump their brakes with their excitement. It's ok you are just a prisoner of the moment sometimes.

Commercecomet24
08-09-2018, 06:08 PM
Good stuff. I don't know any of the coaches or players, so all I have is reading the internet.

That's just it. People on here been telling you what they know about the staff, players and recruits first hand but you keep arguing against what's being said. I don't think this staff is perfect but a lot of the "old ways" are gone. What they've done in 9 months is amazing. And don't worry if they are a bust there'll be plenty of time to bitch lol

Goldendawg
08-09-2018, 08:45 PM

So those with the most posts are the experts? Most people on this board started with post #1, I assume.** His #41 may lead to being the #1 expert here if he has world class keyboarding skills based on that formula. I enjoy facts, rumors, and even opinions from most every true MSU fan here. Heck I also read SPS and heavens' forbid Nafoom and Redcup every once in a while to see what they "think". Hail State!

shannondawg
08-09-2018, 09:02 PM
Life is better since I don't accept posts from him, now if I can get posters to quit quoting him it will be even better.

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2018, 09:03 PM
My fault about the DABO = JOMO deal, my memory didn't serve me too well there. You didn't come outright and say it or write an actual thesis about it, but you did imply it with this:

"When we beat Clemson in the 1999 Peach Bowl, that was kind of the beginning of their climb under Bowden, who was their Mullen. Then they slowely built for almost 12-15 years before becoming CLEMSON.

If you want it to be sustainable and real, it has to be done the right way and that is what MSU has done here. It's no gimmick."

Which was part of this post made the day after King Ani committed to us. https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?66005-What-We-Are-Seeing-Here&highlight=bowden

Then when Emery and Mingo commit elsewhere and momentum starts to slide you completely change your argument and tell us we aren't selling MSU enough despite your previous claims of our ascent. No one brought new information to the table to make you change your mind about this staff between Ani's commitment and Mingo's. You went from implying that we are on a Clemson like rise when Ani commits, to this beautiful melt on page 3
( https://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?68534-John-Emery-with-the-curveball/page3&highlight=emery ) when Emery commits to UGA, and you are now telling everyone to pump their brakes with their excitement. It's ok you are just a prisoner of the moment sometimes.

Yeah. Sorry. I'm not a perfect poster.

You got me. Perhaps I do get emotional at times.

Sorry. I'll do better.

shannondawg
08-10-2018, 06:19 AM
See its really nice.

SouthMSDog
08-10-2018, 07:58 AM
Yeah. Sorry. I'm not a perfect poster.

You got me. Perhaps I do get emotional at times.

Sorry. I'll do better.

For what it is worth, I think you were closer to right with your assessment after Ani committed and thought that was a good post. I don't think we are anywhere close to approaching a Clemson level just yet, but our trajectory is headed in the right direction.