PDA

View Full Version : How Will These New NCAA Rules Affect OM's NCAA Situation

ShotgunDawg
08-09-2018, 09:05 AM
The NCAA dropped some new rules yesterday, mainly focused on cleaning up basketball, but also appear to influence other sports.

Wolken wrote an article this morning that focused on the reality of each rule, & I was curious how these would affect OM's situation?

So the NCAA now allows evidence compiled by investigative bodies to be used as a foundation of sorts in their own investigation. So, if the Rebel Rags lawsuit gets to the deposition stage & more information is discovered on OM, can the NCAA then use that information to further punish OM?

https://i.imgur.com/czTyRae.jpg

Secondly, now that the NCAA will allow 15 official visits, can a player take an official visit to the same school twice?

If so, this would/could be a loophole that gets them around their unofficial visit limitation. Better yet, how can the NCAA have a punishment that limits unofficial visits, when unofficial visits practically don't exist anymore?

https://i.imgur.com/EvetEMy.jpg

Your thoughts?

Jack Lambert
08-09-2018, 09:43 AM
So added 10 more official visit is going to stop illicit money? Yeah right. They will take the same amount of official visit. That's just more opportunity to get free sex in Oxford.

msstate7
08-09-2018, 09:56 AM
I'm more interested in whether or not the FBI starts putting their nose in recruiting after the college basketball mess

Dawgology
08-09-2018, 10:12 AM
It won't.

spbdawg
08-09-2018, 10:22 AM
#

timotheus
08-09-2018, 10:23 AM
It won't.

It won't change anything in oxford. They just handed off $$ duties to some younger folk during the fall of Hugh's last season there when the heat was on them. At least now the coaching staff isn't as directly involved as before.

Goldendawg
08-09-2018, 09:07 PM
From your post. Could new rules, Quote: "use that information to further punish OM"? Heck, IMO, they have yet to really be punished. It's a joke.

West Tn Dawg
08-10-2018, 10:16 AM
outside the Death Penalty, nothing will affect OM. They will keep right on cheating!