PDA

View Full Version : Seeking opinion of smoked fries

Howboutdemdogs
08-08-2018, 10:10 PM
I have been absent for a bit, but my silence is no reflection on this group of people. Lost my IPad on a plane and it only took Delta 2-1/2 months to return it. (Don?t use my phone a lot to post since it is a work phone). I digress. Anyhoo, I got the opportunity to eat dinner tonight with my olderest daughter in Ocean Springs, and the french fries were smoked. KILLER! I did not ask how they did that, but damn there were great. So am asking for opinions here. Any idea on how one would make these? Fry them first? Cook them in a smoker from the start? Home fries or frozen? After figuring this out, this will be a standard with ribs and / or chicken.

BeastMan
08-09-2018, 07:26 AM
I would imagine you smoke them first then fry to get crispy. I’ve never done it so I could be off but that sounds awesome. Smoked fries should be on a lot of bbq places menus. There is also the chance that they are soaking their fries in water that has liquid smoke to get some smoke flavor. Those are my 2 best guesses

SpeckleDawg
08-09-2018, 08:53 AM
in Ocean Springs, and the french fries were smoked.

Where did you get these fries? I need to know...for research purposes, of course.

Howboutdemdogs
08-09-2018, 12:56 PM
Murkey Waters BBQ in OS,,,,, last night was wing night,,, I’ll start to play with a recipe and share success / failure results