PDA

View Full Version : Getsy post-practice interview.

Leroy Jenkins
08-07-2018, 08:34 PM
https://www.pscp.tv/w/1vOxwVgVXLbJB

bulldawg28
08-07-2018, 09:38 PM
Mixon still not 100%?

ShotgunDawg
08-07-2018, 09:41 PM
Mixon still not 100%?

I'm getting worried about him.

The good thing is that Getsy seemed positive and the fact that he's actually practicing, which means he's medically cleared.

My fear though is, if he ain't 100% after 8-9 months, how is that going to change in 3 weeks?

whosyourdawgy
08-07-2018, 09:44 PM
I’m still wondering what exactly his injury was. It wasn’t an acl. I don’t think it was mcl. What exactly was/is Mixon’s injury?

ShotgunDawg
08-07-2018, 09:48 PM
I’m still wondering what exactly his injury was. It wasn’t an acl. I don’t think it was mcl. What exactly was/is Mixon’s injury?

Some kind of ankle issue

DogsofAnarchy
08-07-2018, 09:48 PM
I'm getting worried about him.

The good thing is that Getsy seemed positive and the fact that he's actually practicing, which means he's medically cleared.

My fear though is, if he ain't 100% after 8-9 months, how is that going to change in 3 weeks?

The injuries that Dear and Mixon had were more like 12-15 month recovery injuries. Instead of worrying, why don?t we just be patient until they are all the way healed. We have other players that will do fine in their position.

Hambone
08-07-2018, 10:05 PM
The slot is the one position I’m definitely not worrying about right now. Way too many options there. Dear, Thomas, Williams and it would seem that’s where Charles would get a look at as well based on his size. If in fact Moorhead is going to put the best guys out there for majority of the snaps then if Mixon isn’t 100% maybe he could redshirt this year.

ShotgunDawg
08-07-2018, 10:39 PM
The injuries that Dear and Mixon had were more like 12-15 month recovery injuries. Instead of worrying, why don?t we just be patient until they are all the way healed. We have other players that will do fine in their position.

What exactly was Mixon's injury?

Todd4State
08-07-2018, 11:30 PM
Reading between the lines it sounds like they will be ready when the season starts.

Getsy is a pretty impressive coach. I like what he said about Austin Williams. I've noticed that the players that put in the extra work often times end up being the best players. But media- no Guidry questions? C'mon.

SouthMSDog
08-08-2018, 07:39 AM
But media- no Guidry questions? C'mon.

Sounded like Ben Wait asked a question about Whop and Guidry. Getsy said he was really proud of those guys and stated that he was pleased about where they were when camp opened up.

Jarius
08-08-2018, 08:21 AM
I think Mixon had another surgery or hiccup or something a few months back that delayed the healing process. I don't think it is actually a recovery process of that long from his original injury. I may be wrong.

TrapGame
08-08-2018, 09:25 AM
Speaking of Guidry. Did y'all catch Rosebowl on Bounds yesterday? He said Guidry is the most talented WR we've had in probably 20 years. He said there was a reason Joe was patient with him when he went on his social media meltdowns. This kid is a legit NFL receiver. His head is in the right place now and he feels like a part of the offense. He's ready to go Sept. 1st.

Johnson85
08-08-2018, 08:06 PM
Speaking of Guidry. Did y'all catch Rosebowl on Bounds yesterday? He said Guidry is the most talented WR we've had in probably 20 years. He said there was a reason Joe was patient with him when he went on his social media meltdowns. This kid is a legit NFL receiver. His head is in the right place now and he feels like a part of the offense. He's ready to go Sept. 1st.

How homerish are rosebowls player evaluations? He generally overhype big time or does it usually bear some semblance to reality?