PDA

View Full Version : Braves

msstate7
08-07-2018, 02:19 PM
Fun while it lasted, but I gotta feeling we bout to be blasted back to medicority the next few days.

KOdawg1
08-07-2018, 02:30 PM
I called it back at the All-Star break. It would've been nearly impossible to stay as hot as we started out.

Also, can we get rid of Dansby yet? I don't see the appeal with him. Average fielder (even though he's gotten better this year) and a below average hitter who can't lay off an 0-2 slider to save his life. Slide Camargo over to SS and call Riley up. Trade Dansby for pitching help and it's a win.

I'm also ready to cut ties with Ender, but the thought of Acuna as our everyday CF scares me. I know's he's still young, but he makes some of the worst reads on balls.

Frustrating loss for sure.

smootness
08-07-2018, 03:00 PM
I called it back at the All-Star break. It would've been nearly impossible to stay as hot as we started out.

Also, can we get rid of Dansby yet? I don't see the appeal with him. Average fielder (even though he's gotten better this year) and a below average hitter who can't lay off an 0-2 slider to save his life. Slide Camargo over to SS and call Riley up. Trade Dansby for pitching help and it's a win.

I'm also ready to cut ties with Ender, but the thought of Acuna as our everyday CF scares me. I know's he's still young, but he makes some of the worst reads on balls.

Camargo can't play SS, and you're underestimating Dansby. As a SS, he's basically average offensively and well above average defensively. He's an answer at SS. Sure, it'd be great if he hit better, but he's at worst basically an average SS as is.

msstate7
08-07-2018, 03:08 PM
Camargo can't play SS, and you're underestimating Dansby. As a SS, he's basically average offensively and well above average defensively. He's an answer at SS. Sure, it'd be great if he hit better, but he's at worst basically an average SS as is.

I love his defense. His bat has to come alive though. Since break, he's .195/.250/.293 (doesn't include today's 0-3, 2 k). I'm totally against replacing him this early in his career; but among others, he's killing us right now.

Matty Dispatch
08-07-2018, 03:25 PM
April: 5 games over .500
May: 5 games over .500
June: 3 games over .500
July: 3 games under .500
August: 2 games over .500

There are ups and downs in the season but that's pretty consistent month to month. And I would have never guessed they'd still be 10+ games over .500 a week into August. Half the starting lineup is under 25 years old so they will probably hit a wall. Maybe they won't. Nevertheless, good job bridging the gap to football season this year.

smootness
08-07-2018, 03:26 PM
I love his defense. His bat has to come alive though. Since break, he's .195/.250/.293 (doesn't include today's 0-3, 2 k). I'm totally against replacing him this early in his career; but among others, he's killing us right now.

Yeah, but he's also had stretches this year where he's hit well. Overall, he's been around average, maybe slightly below, as a SS with the bat.

He needs to bring his K rate down a bit and bring his BB rate up a bit. That's it. If he does those 2 things (2-3 percentage points each), changing nothing else, he's suddenly an above-average SS offensively. Not by a whole lot, but that whole package, with his defense, would be worth something like 3.5 WAR, which is more than fine.

MetEdDawg
08-07-2018, 04:32 PM
Dansby has a 1.3 defensive WAR. His offensive WAR is 1.0. So if you don't like his offensive, his defensive in terms of WAR isn't exactly lighting it up.

msstate7
08-07-2018, 04:42 PM
Dansby has a 1.3 defensive WAR. His offensive WAR is 1.0. So if you don't like his offensive, his defensive in terms of WAR isn't exactly lighting it up.

You're using baseball reference, and I was surprised he's got positive value as a hitter there. Fangraphs likes his defense (8.4), and hates his offense (-7.8) = 1.3 WAR

smootness
08-07-2018, 04:44 PM

It's a different scale, you simply can't accumulate as much WAR defensively as you can offensively. The top of the scale offensively is 10-12 oWAR, while the top of the scale defensively is 4-5 dWAR.

MetEdDawg
08-07-2018, 05:00 PM
You're using baseball reference, and I was surprised he's got positive value as a hitter there. Fangraphs likes his defense (8.4), and hates his offense (-7.8) = 1.3 WAR

Baseball reference had his total WAR at 1.7. Honestly I was shocked at that but I couldn't believe he had a positive offensive WAR.

Really Clark?
08-07-2018, 08:53 PM
Another very good start by Newcomb

msstate7
08-07-2018, 09:43 PM
Another very good start by Newcomb

After a rough patch, newcomb has recovered nicely in his last 3 starts (Miami, LAD, and nats)...
20.2 ip 10 h 3 er 7 bb 19 k
Era = 1.34
Whip = 0.84
Season era = 3.15

Newcomb killing it

KOdawg1
08-08-2018, 06:54 PM
Here's an idea. Make Charlie freaking Culberson the starting SS until Dansby figures it out.

I'm half kidding, but CC is tearing it up lately.

msstate7
08-08-2018, 07:39 PM
Here's an idea. Make Charlie freaking Culberson the starting SS until Dansby figures it out.

I'm half kidding, but CC is tearing it up lately.
No problem with culberson starting at SS a few games. Dansby might would benefit from a break. I don't want Camargo at SS though

Liverpooldawg
08-08-2018, 07:42 PM
Bats heatling up. Hopefully this continues. Carmargo at short by the way.

KOdawg1
08-08-2018, 07:47 PM
Culberson with a terrible error at third. Yeesh

KOdawg1
08-08-2018, 07:49 PM
Culberson with a terrible error at third. Yeesh

And then makes a pretty good play right after

Liverpooldawg
08-08-2018, 09:58 PM
And then makes a pretty good play right after

Yep, those canceled out.

msstate7
08-08-2018, 10:09 PM
Braves just keep surprising me. I really didn't see us getting a split at worst. Great job.

Matty Dispatch
08-09-2018, 07:43 AM
Braves just keep surprising me. I really didn't see us getting a split at worst. Great job.

Keep the faith, man. We are 8-2 in the last 10 games. Maybe Hunter Renfroe will punish the Phils for a few days, then they have to face the Red Sox again. They also play 6 games with the Nats this month.....Braves have 8 more games against the Marlins - need to beat them up.

louisvilledawg
08-09-2018, 08:19 AM

Just think if we would have traded with houston instead of the Dbacks in that shelby miller trade (assuming they would have do the deal.) Hello Alex Bregman

msstate7
08-09-2018, 08:40 AM
Keep the faith, man..

Nah, I'm gonna keep doubting them... hopefully all the way to an east championship haha

Matty Dispatch
08-09-2018, 08:44 AM
Dansby is a 24 year old with a lot of potential playing good defensively and making the league minimum. He's also a local kid and SEC player. Right now I'd for sure play Culberson at SS while he's hot and Dansby can't hit a lick but don't give up on him. He's still going to make $500K next year and hopefully he'll hit better as a 25 year old. If not, then maybe he ought to go - maybe he's feeling the pressure of playing so close to home or something. But considering he's making no money, hitting 8th and playing a tough defensive position he's definitely providing value to the team this year and next.

Matty Dispatch
08-09-2018, 08:52 AM
I was curious where Dansby ranked defensively, so I looked up the SABR defensive rankings and he's 6th in the NL. https://sabr.org/sdi/2018-07-15

The one that stood out to me is that Nick Markakis is 1st among NL right fielders. Most probably aren't in favor of re-signing him next year since he's 34 with little power but he's been really consistent and great this year. I'd try to offer him a two year deal, I bet he'd take it being from Atlanta originally. Plus he's Greek and AA is Greek so I'm sure they want to work something out, ha.

msstate7
08-09-2018, 09:01 AM
Dansby is a 24 year old with a lot of potential playing good defensively and making the league minimum. He's also a local kid and SEC player. Right now I'd for sure play Culberson at SS while he's hot and Dansby can't hit a lick but don't give up on him. He's still going to make $500K next year and hopefully he'll hit better as a 25 year old. If not, then maybe he ought to go - maybe he's feeling the pressure of playing so close to home or something. But considering he's making no money, hitting 8th and playing a tough defensive position he's definitely providing value to the team this year and next.

Fangraphs has Swanson 4th best defensive SS in NL, and 20th best mlb defender regardless of position

ETA... quoted wrong post

KOdawg1
08-09-2018, 09:06 AM
Game is only on Facebook live today. 12 ct

msstate7
08-09-2018, 09:06 AM
Game is only on Facebook live today. 12 ct

Yuck. I'll be on braves' radio

KOdawg1
08-09-2018, 09:08 AM
Yuck. I'll be on braves' radio

Do you have to pay for that? I've tried to find stations that carry it on free radio apps, but have had no luck

msstate7
08-09-2018, 09:09 AM
Do you have to pay for that? I've tried to find stations that carry it on free radio apps, but have had no luck

Yeah. MLB at bat app. It was $20 at beginning of season for any game on audio. Think you can get it for $3 a month or so

Matty Dispatch
08-09-2018, 09:15 AM
Fangraphs has Swanson 4th best defensive SS in NL, and 20th best mlb defender regardless of position

ETA... quoted wrong post

Even better - considering how good he is defensively and how much money he's making I don't see why people want him gone (unless you can get Muchado or something but that ain't happening).

msstate7
08-09-2018, 09:25 AM
Even better - considering how good he is defensively and how much money he's making I don't see why people want him gone (unless you can get Muchado or something but that ain't happening).

Baseball reference has Swanson 8th best defensive player in NL regardless of position. It's a consensus he's a really good defender. His rope is very long bc of his defense

parabrave
08-13-2018, 01:07 PM
TT looking good so far. However if he keeps hanging that Curve up in the zone he will be leading the NL in HRs given up,

MetEdDawg
08-13-2018, 09:53 PM
Braves sweep the DH today. Now 1 game ahead of the Phillies in the East. Great job today. Acu?a is freaking going off too. 4 straight games with a homer with 3 of those lead off homers. One of 4 players ever to hit 2 lead off homers in the same day.

Matty Dispatch
08-14-2018, 06:33 AM
12-4 in the last 16 games. Two more games with the Marlins while the Phillies are playing two with the Red Sox (who are currently 50 games over .500!).

msstate7
08-14-2018, 06:59 AM
That OP tho... what a dummy! Haha

Braves vs Phillies now. Nats done

MetEdDawg
08-14-2018, 09:58 AM
That OP tho... what a dummy! Haha

Braves vs Phillies now. Nats done

Two straight walk offs against them. Got to be soul crushing. It's not going to matter though. No matter how good they played, their only chance was for both us and the Phillies to play below .500 ball and them have to play well above .500 ball. That isn't happening.

msstate7
08-14-2018, 09:04 PM
Acuna is a monster... a freaking monster

MetEdDawg
08-14-2018, 10:28 PM
If Urena was smart he wouldn't throw Acu?a a first pitch strike tomorrow. 5 straight games with a homer and 4 of those lead off the game. Then add the 3 run shot and you have one hell of a run by him.

2 game lead in the division and only one game back of the Cubs for the best record in the NL.

shoeless joe
08-15-2018, 06:22 AM
If Urena was smart he wouldn't throw Acu?a a first pitch strike tomorrow. 5 straight games with a homer and 4 of those lead off the game. Then add the 3 run shot and you have one hell of a run by him.

2 game lead in the division and only one game back of the Cubs for the best record in the NL.

Snitker's garbage...this team full of young players and unproven arms should be challenging the sox for greatest record of all times!!!

msstate7
08-15-2018, 06:29 AM
Snitker's garbage...this team full of young players and unproven arms should be challenging the sox for greatest record of all times!!!

My complaints on Snitker have always been bullpen management, which is the toughest thing a manager has to do. He still does things I'm not a fan of like not using allard the first game of DH Monday with 8-1 lead. I'm not a fan of leading Acuna off either... rather go markakis, Acuna, FF. This way you get the highest OBP guy (markakis) in front of our power guys. Even though snit does things differently from me, he should clearly be in the running for manager of the year. He's done a good job overall

MetEdDawg
08-15-2018, 08:30 AM
My complaints on Snitker have always been bullpen management, which is the toughest thing a manager has to do. He still does things I'm not a fan of like not using allard the first game of DH Monday with 8-1 lead. I'm not a fan of leading Acuna off either... rather go markakis, Acuna, FF. This way you get the highest OBP guy (markakis) in front of our power guys. Even though snit does things differently from me, he should clearly be in the running for manager of the year. He's done a good job overall

In theory that sounds great. But Markakis is a product of the fact that guys are getting on base in front of him and that our lineup is strong enough to protect him. You put guys in spots to be successful. Would he be successful here? Probably. But he's going to get pitched differently and that might affect him. Additionally Acu?a has a speed element that Markakis doesn't have. A 2 out double has a much better chance of scoring Acu?a from first and considering Markakis is leading the world in doubles it would be a shame for those doubles to try to go to scoring garbage OBP guys like Swanson and Flowers instead of to guys like Acu?a and Albies.

Right now this lineup is doing what it's supposed to do. Score enough runs to win games. Acu?a lead off in the minors. For now as a comfort thing while he's still learning the game at the major league level you put him in his comfort zone. I wouldn't touch our lineup right now. It's rolling and you don't mess with that.

Matty Dispatch
08-15-2018, 12:15 PM
I like the lineup as it is now. Now matter how new-age you want to be with lineup configuration, there's still an expectation from a cleanup hitter and with the year he's having I like have a veteran like Markakis hitting there. And he's been a great RBI guy and doubles machine. Having Acuna and Albies as the 1-2 hitters are like the mini-bash brothers followed by the two best hitters in the national league following them up.

msstate7
08-15-2018, 12:45 PM
Top 5 hitters should be markakis, ff, albies, Acuna, and Camargo. Camargo and albies should be 4/5 imo.

Here's obp for each...
NM = .386
OA = .316
RA = .346
FF = .400
JC = .345

Here's each guy's iso...
NM = .179
OA = .213
RA = .288
FF = .216
JC = .189

Now doesn't common sense tell you that you want guys on base in front of your ISO leaders? Common sense also says you want your best hitters to get the most PAs. This leads me to believe you go...

Nick
Acuna
FF
Albies
Camargo

I like this lineup a lot bc you get a guy on in front Acuna and FF so they can drive him in. I also like Acuna between markakis and FF bc a manager has to be very careful going to his loogy late in games bc of Acuna behind nick and before FF and albies after. Another benefit to this is albies is free to run. Right now, he can't run bc FF is up after him. You can't run out of an inning with FF at the plate.

My full lineup would be...
Nick
Acuna
FF
Albies
Camargo
Catcher
Ender
Swanson

Matty Dispatch
08-15-2018, 01:49 PM
I've been watching baseball for 30 years and I've never heard of ISO, so I'll assume it's an obscure SABR stat. The problem here is that SABR nerds get all worked up about this little mathematical nuances and then get mad when a manager doesn't abide by them.

The manager is in the locker room and dugout with these guys. He knows their mindset and how they can and will perform better than some stats on a piece of paper.

Nevertheless, OB% ahead of power doesn't necessarily mean runs. I'd rather have my best batting average hitters in the 3 & 4 spots because they are going to get the most hits. Ideally those guys wouldn't also be the best OB% guys but they probably are, so you go with your next best OB% guys as the 1 & 2 hitters. Get them on and get them in with the guys who get the most hits. To me, raw home run power is for the 5 & 6 hitters who are going to strike out a lot but will get some 3 run homers too.

You could probably switch the lineup to the SABR way and it would all come out in the wash. Mental toughness, chemistry and being clutch all calculate into bringing runs home and you can't figure that out with mathematics.

msstate7
08-15-2018, 02:00 PM
I've been watching baseball for 30 years and I've never heard of ISO, so I'll assume it's an obscure SABR stat. The problem here is that SABR nerds get all worked up about this little mathematical nuances and then get mad when a manager doesn't abide by them.

The manager is in the locker room and dugout with these guys. He knows their mindset and how they can and will perform better than some stats on a piece of paper.

Nevertheless, OB% ahead of power doesn't necessarily mean runs. I'd rather have my best batting average hitters in the 3 & 4 spots because they are going to get the most hits. Ideally those guys wouldn't also be the best OB% guys but they probably are, so you go with your next best OB% guys as the 1 & 2 hitters. Get them on and get them in with the guys who get the most hits. To me, raw home run power is for the 5 & 6 hitters who are going to strike out a lot but will get some 3 run homers too.

You could probably switch the lineup to the SABR way and it would all come out in the wash. Mental toughness, chemistry and being clutch all calculate into bringing runs home and you can't figure that out with mathematics.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolated_Power

I'm not in analytics as deep as some, but it's foolish to dismiss them.

AA is a big analytics guy, and the braves will be moving more and more that way

MetEdDawg
08-15-2018, 02:19 PM

This. Markakis is more effective at bringing home runs because his OBP is higher. Him and Freddie in the 3-4 hole behind our next 2 highest OBP guys makes sense. Acu?a is a non traditional lead off and metrics don't like that. Well he hits too many homers so move him back. He hits too many doubles move him back. Why?? The next 3 guys coming up have the 1st,2nd, and 4th best OBP on the team. Additionally you can't measure how games would go without the homers that's Acu?a has lead games off with, but those are super impactful to start a game.

There's give and take of course and I'm sure eventually Acu?a will move back. But for now I love it the way it sits.

shoeless joe
08-15-2018, 04:39 PM

All in good fun...excited about this team rite now. And I agree on some of his moves BUT what some folks and the metrics don't see is exactly what Bobby said about him the other day, and what I've been trumpeting since his interim year...these guys play for him. They love him, they play hard, they have fun, and they don't quit. And IMO that makes up for some of his head scratchers.

Matty Dispatch
08-15-2018, 05:32 PM
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isolated_Power

I'm not in analytics as deep as some, but it's foolish to dismiss them.

AA is a big analytics guy, and the braves will be moving more and more that way

Sabermetrics have their place, they aren't bad, and mostly good for GMs to evaluate players they need / want to sign. But as for the day to day baseball, it's just a tool to use and not the end all be all.

Baseball's problem right now is the fan base is full of 40% old curmudgeons like Joe Simpson who hate everything modern and 40% baseball nerds who obsess over SABR. The other 20% of us who just want to watch the games and enjoy the sport for what it is can't discuss it with the other 80% because they are so ornery that their way is the right way and they bitch and complain about everything.

VandelayIndustries
08-15-2018, 06:53 PM
Throw at Realmuto and urena's head

MaroonFlounder
08-15-2018, 06:59 PM
Damn. They threw at Acuna on purpose. That shit is ridiculous.

VandelayIndustries
08-15-2018, 07:01 PM
Realmuto has to know he will be wearing one later in the game

MaroonFlounder
08-15-2018, 07:39 PM
Acuna's elbow tightened up on him, so the Marlins were successful at taking the best young hitter in MLB out of the game, denying him the chance to continue this record streak.

Freakin' sucks.

shoeless joe
08-15-2018, 08:56 PM
Just got in and saw what happened. Not surprised. Acuna had a lil extra flair on his homers last nite and being a rookie I can see how an I'd school guy like Donny baseball may have been ok with sending a message. Also understand the braves gettin all hot about it obviously. That's baseball...agree or not it is part of the game. Hope acuna is back in a hurry.

MetEdDawg
08-15-2018, 09:33 PM
Realmuto didn't seem happy about it when it happened. Didn't really defend his pitcher much in a potential brawl situation.

If this was in fact started by someone other than Ure?a then baseball has a serious issue. It's one thing to hit a guy in retaliation. But to hit a guy because he's doing his job well? That's as bitch a move as you will ever see. That's like clotheslining a QB because he's lighting you up. You don't do that.

smootness
08-15-2018, 09:44 PM
Just got in and saw what happened. Not surprised. Acuna had a lil extra flair on his homers last nite and being a rookie I can see how an I'd school guy like Donny baseball may have been ok with sending a message. Also understand the braves gettin all hot about it obviously. That's baseball...agree or not it is part of the game. Hope acuna is back in a hurry.

It needs to stop being part of the game. Ridiculous.

MetEdDawg
08-15-2018, 10:36 PM
Mattingly seemed extremely uncomfortable post game. Defended Ure?a in the way a manager has to while at the same time saying that isn't the way they operate. Ure?a got interviewed post game and he seemed confused why the Braves reacted like they did. He seemed clueless in a guilty way. Tried shifting it to the Braves like why are they doing this. It was not good. I'm guessing he gets 10 games.

shoeless joe
08-15-2018, 11:18 PM
Mattingly seemed extremely uncomfortable post game. Defended Ure?a in the way a manager has to while at the same time saying that isn't the way they operate. Ure?a got interviewed post game and he seemed confused why the Braves reacted like they did. He seemed clueless in a guilty way. Tried shifting it to the Braves like why are they doing this. It was not good. I'm guessing he gets 10 games.

Yeah...urena came off as a punk in his interview. All the announcers and analyst can say what they want but the marlins had a plan to get tight in to acuna. Mattingly may not have ordered him to get drilled but im sure he was alright with movin his feet. The problem with the way urena went about it was first pitch as hard as he's ever thrown to start a game.

shoeless joe
08-15-2018, 11:21 PM
It needs to stop being part of the game. Ridiculous.

I don't disagree but when I saw the flip n flair on his homers last nite I had a feeling this would go down. He hits him in the pocket or the hip it's much less of a deal. Urena will face the braves again and he'll get drilled guaranteed. Most likely be next year but it'll happen. Freddie even alluded to it postgane. The dumb thing is baseball will prolly punish that harsher than they do with tonites situation

Matty Dispatch
08-16-2018, 06:09 AM
I don't disagree but when I saw the flip n flair on his homers last nite I had a feeling this would go down. He hits him in the pocket or the hip it's much less of a deal. Urena will face the braves again and he'll get drilled guaranteed. Most likely be next year but it'll happen. Freddie even alluded to it postgane. The dumb thing is baseball will prolly punish that harsher than they do with tonites situation

If the bat flip from Tuesday night is deserving of a 97 mph heater in the back then Hunter Renfroe's massive bat flip on his grand slam against the Brewers will have them throwing at his head, because Acuna's was nothing by comparison. The Marlins were just made he was taking them to the cleaners.

Throwing at people for bat flips or watching a home run is pretty silly - it's like, hey, we only have a fair ball every 3 minutes and 45 seconds but we need to make the game a little less entertaining by you keeping your head down and trotting around the bases please.

Any way you dice it, throwing at someone is such a weak move. In no other sport can you get a direct shot at someone with a weapon (baseball) where they can't really defend themselves. They should've thrown a heater inside and tried to back him off the plate. Maybe it hits him or maybe it doesn't - but nearly throwing behind him on the first pitch is bush league.

shoeless joe
08-16-2018, 06:25 AM
If the bat flip from Tuesday night is deserving of a 97 mph heater in the back then Hunter Renfroe's massive bat flip on his grand slam against the Brewers will have them throwing at his head, because Acuna's was nothing by comparison. The Marlins were just made he was taking them to the cleaners.

Throwing at people for bat flips or watching a home run is pretty silly - it's like, hey, we only have a fair ball every 3 minutes and 45 seconds but we need to make the game a little less entertaining by you keeping your head down and trotting around the bases please.

Any way you dice it, throwing at someone is such a weak move. In no other sport can you get a direct shot at someone with a weapon (baseball) where they can't really defend themselves. They should've thrown a heater inside and tried to back him off the plate. Maybe it hits him or maybe it doesn't - but nearly throwing behind him on the first pitch is bush league.

Agreed.

But when a 20 yr old is tearing it up and does any little thing that can be construed as disrespectful to the other team it only takes one guy to decide he needs a plunking. In this case I do believe the marlins wanted to keep him from being so comfortable in the box and urena just decided to go ahead and drill him

Matty Dispatch
08-16-2018, 06:55 AM
Agreed.

But when a 20 yr old is tearing it up and does any little thing that can be construed as disrespectful to the other team it only takes one guy to decide he needs a plunking. In this case I do believe the marlins wanted to keep him from being so comfortable in the box and urena just decided to go ahead and drill him

I agree with your assessment. It's just stupid. The Braves used to be the fun police as well, I remember when McCann got up in the Brewers face about five years ago because the kids pimped a home run and then got on Jose Fernadez that same year. I always have liked McCann and if I was a player I'd want to play the game like he does, but it's stupid to want to control the way everyone plays the game. Let people have a personality.

msstate7
08-16-2018, 07:08 AM
Bryse Wilson for Gwinnett last night...
8.0 ip 1 h 0 r 1 bb 13 k

Just a 20-year-old at AAA, that has struck out 139 and walked 37 in 123.2 ip at the A+, AA, and AAA levels this season.

K9 = 10.1
BB9 = 2.7

Touki, soroka, gohara, Wright, Anderson, mueller, Wilson, wentz... pitching prospects just keep coming.

shoeless joe
08-16-2018, 08:29 AM
I agree with your assessment. It's just stupid. The Braves used to be the fun police as well, I remember when McCann got up in the Brewers face about five years ago because the kids pimped a home run and then got on Jose Fernadez that same year. I always have liked McCann and if I was a player I'd want to play the game like he does, but it's stupid to want to control the way everyone plays the game. Let people have a personality.

Gomez deserved what he got from McCann. If someone deliberately disrespects an opponent they do deserve to get hit. JMO. but there's a difference between being disrespectful and having fun. Acuna has fun...a lot of the flair that the Latin players play with is just about having fun. Gomez was trying to embarrass maholm. He's always been a punk, which is why he can't stay on a team very long. His act wears thin and his teammates don't even like him.

parabrave
08-16-2018, 09:35 AM
Well next weeks game against the Marlins is going to be must see TV. If Terhen is pitching he will bean em.

Tbonewannabe
08-16-2018, 10:08 AM
Bryse Wilson for Gwinnett last night...
8.0 ip 1 h 0 r 1 bb 13 k

Just a 20-year-old at AAA, that has struck out 139 and walked 37 in 123.2 ip at the A+, AA, and AAA levels this season.

K9 = 10.1
BB9 = 2.7

Touki, soroka, gohara, Wright, Anderson, mueller, Wilson, wentz... pitching prospects just keep coming.

Do we keep all of it or flip someone for a position player? Can any of these guys help in the bullpen right now?

msstate7
08-16-2018, 10:16 AM
Do we keep all of it or flip someone for a position player? Can any of these guys help in the bullpen right now?

Your guess is as good as mine. You never know how many will actually turn out to be good mlb pitchers

msstate7
08-16-2018, 10:17 AM
Acuna day to day

MetEdDawg
08-16-2018, 10:51 AM
Acuna day to day

Best news possible after that honestly. Knew he was going to miss time. Day to day is about best case scenario for us. It's a good thing last night was the last game of this series. It could have been a blood bath if there were more games after last night.

MetEdDawg
08-16-2018, 04:12 PM
Acu?a batting lead off tonight. Beast.

MaroonFlounder
08-16-2018, 09:16 PM
Dansby with the Error. Brach with the blown save. Shitsky.

klong-dog
08-16-2018, 09:41 PM
Just terrible. That's on dansby and Shitker and his decision making were just typical as well.

msstate7
08-16-2018, 09:46 PM
Just terrible. That's on dansby and Shitker and his decision making were just typical as well.

This game was lost Tuesday night using minter with a 4-run lead vs the marlins. That dumb decision played big tonight. Last night, snit warmed minter and winkler up in the 8th. He used minter. Now we have winkler warmed up in back-to-back days without using him. This will most likely burn winkler for tomorrow

shoeless joe
08-17-2018, 12:49 AM
Momentum is only as strong as your shortstops ability to catch a routine grounder in the 9th...

parabrave
08-17-2018, 10:41 AM
Momentum is only as strong as your shortstops ability to catch a routine grounder in the 9th...

Jake Taylor and Ricky Vaughn totally agree.