PDA

View Full Version : Just took a look at OM commit list for the first time

Bdawg
08-07-2018, 08:36 AM
Have these guys ever heard of defense? Their class is basically full right now and of the 26 commits, they have only 10 defensive guys. Out of those 10, 6 play in the defensive backfield. That only leaves 4 for DL and LB. They do have 1 listed as athlete but he would be a DB too if he plays defense. That would make 7 DBs. That's just crazy. They are never going to stop anyone.
Now I know we are defense heavy right now but we have the room to get some offensive guys in the boat and I'm sure that's what we are mostly targeting. But there is one thing for certain with the latest fallout over their class, I wouldn't trade our class/position with them right now!!

Jack Lambert
08-07-2018, 08:43 AM
There's a reason they have only won 11 games the past two seasons with all those WR's. Our class will be hire then theirs when it is all over.

ShotgunDawg
08-07-2018, 08:44 AM
At this point, I believe recruiting rankings are more important to them than building a competent football team.

I think they believe that having a good recruiting ranking is their quicker path back to respectability than winning games. They may be right.

Bdawg
08-07-2018, 08:48 AM
At this point, I believe recruiting rankings are more important to them than building a competent football team.

I think they believe that having a good recruiting ranking is their quicker path back to respectability than winning games. They may be right.

It definitely always seems to be about image with them. They certainly don't recruit to their needs.

Johnson85
08-07-2018, 09:13 AM
It definitely always seems to be about image with them. They certainly don't recruit to their needs.

What does their depth chart look like as far as underclassmen in the front 7 on D? Are they just alternating DB and front 7 heavy classes and having trouble getting back to balance? Or are they going to have serious depth issues in the front 7?

Ari Gold
08-07-2018, 09:22 AM
What does their depth chart look like as far as underclassmen in the front 7 on D? Are they just alternating DB and front 7 heavy classes and having trouble getting back to balance? Or are they going to have serious depth issues in the front 7?

Their front 4 starters are decent .. prob would rank 8-10 or so in SEC
The next four is a huge drop off and Any thing after that they better hope the injury bug doesn’t hit
Here is ur measuring stick. We have Fletecher Adams, Lee Autry and Kobe Jones pushing this fall to get reps with the 2’s
Those 3 would be locks for for 2’s there and Fletcher would more than likely start.
And the LBs well let’s just keep it nice and say they aren’t very good there.

Johnson85
08-07-2018, 09:42 AM
Their front 4 starters are decent .. prob would rank 8-10 or so in SEC
The next four is a huge drop off and Any thing after that they better hope the injury bug doesn’t hit
Here is ur measuring stick. We have Fletecher Adams, Lee Autry and Kobe Jones pushing this fall to get reps with the 2’s
Those 3 would be locks for for 2’s there and Fletcher would more than likely start.
And the LBs well let’s just keep it nice and say they aren’t very good there.

Just looked, and their underclassmen Front 7.

DE Charles Wiley (So)
DE Ryder Anderson (So)
DE (Ty Reyes)
DE (Amari Johnson)

DL Jalen Cunningham (FR)
DL Tariqious Tisdale (So)
DT Qinten Bivens (FR)
DT KD Hill (FR)
DT Sincere David (FR)

LB Luke Knox (FR)
LB Mohamed Sanogo (So)
LB Zikerrion Baker (FR)
LB Josh Clarke (Fr)
LB Kevontae Ruggs (FR)
LB Jonathan Hess (FR)
LB Dona Evans (SO)
LB Jacquez jones (FR)

So it looks like they have plenty of LBs and are ok on DE and DT and DL (Not clear on how those play in their scheme), but that assumes all of those are scholarship type players that at least belong in the SEC.

Jack Lambert
08-07-2018, 09:54 AM
I think at lest one of the WR's ends up flipping when they see Moorehead's offense.

Dawgology
08-07-2018, 10:03 AM

It's a balance I think. Image is very important and it seems that MSU and Ole Miss approach this in polar opposite ways. MSU doesn't focus enough onit while Ole Miss focuses too much on it.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-07-2018, 12:39 PM
It's not about getting the best players. It's about getting the right players. You need position and class balance. That gives you depth and continuity. You have to monitor the culture. You have to have players fit the system, or change the system for the players (imagine Peyton Manning running the wishbone). I think Ole Miss recruits for stars.

msu15
08-07-2018, 02:12 PM

DE Charles Wiley (So)
DE Ryder Anderson (So)
DE (Ty Reyes)
DE (Amari Johnson)

DL Jalen Cunningham (FR)
DT Qinten Bivens (FR)
DT KD Hill (FR)
DT Sincere David (FR)

LB Luke Knox (FR)
LB Mohamed Sanogo (So)
LB Zikerrion Baker (FR)
LB Josh Clarke (Fr)
LB Kevontae Ruggs (FR)
LB Jonathan Hess (FR)
LB Dona Evans (SO)
LB Jacquez jones (FR)

So it looks like they have plenty of LBs and are ok on DE and DT and DL (Not clear on how those play in their scheme), but that assumes all of those are scholarship type players that at least belong in the SEC.

Only about 3-4 guys that I would take to join our team

Goldendawg
08-07-2018, 05:47 PM
Sam Williams their 4 * WDE commit from NECC is listed on his profile on 24/7 as being 6' 4 1/2", 250 lbs with a 4.4 forty and a 40" vertical. An article on Red Cup Rebellion also claimed those stats. If this is true he should be a 1st rounder if he can play. Hard to believe. He's from Montgomery. NE is usually awful in FB. Anyone know anything about this guy.

TrapGame
08-07-2018, 05:57 PM
They won't need a defense they'll just outscore everybody!**

QuadrupleOption
08-07-2018, 06:28 PM
I heard on Weiner's show one of their recruiting guys said that he's being told by Ole Miss' staff to expect around 33 commits. He doesn't think they'll sign that many, but he does expect more than 25.

craigmid
08-07-2018, 07:42 PM
I heard on Weiner's show one of their recruiting guys said that he's being told by Ole Miss' staff to expect around 33 commits. He doesn't think they'll sign that many, but he does expect more than 25.

Sad to do that to those kids.

Bdawg
08-07-2018, 09:25 PM

Pretty bad to knowing screw that many kids over. I assume they have some EEs in order to sign more than 25, but don't they have some scholly limitations too. I can't see the over committing strategy working out very well for their future. If I was a high school coach I wouldn't want my players getting left out in the cold.

TALL DAWG
08-07-2018, 11:07 PM

DE Charles Wiley (So)
DE Ryder Anderson (So)
DE (Ty Reyes)
DE (Amari Johnson)

DL Jalen Cunningham (FR)
DT Qinten Bivens (FR)
DT KD Hill (FR)
DT Sincere David (FR)

LB Luke Knox (FR)
LB Mohamed Sanogo (So)
LB Zikerrion Baker (FR)
LB Josh Clarke (Fr)
LB Kevontae Ruggs (FR)
LB Jonathan Hess (FR)
LB Dona Evans (SO)
LB Jacquez jones (FR)

I sincerely wonder how good of a player Sincere David will be.
Sincerely,
TD

Johnson85
08-08-2018, 10:21 AM
Only about 3-4 guys that I would take to join our team

Out of curiosity, who are they? Just don't keep up with anybody else's recruiting and don't remember anything about any of these guys. Don't even watch ole miss enough to know which of them already play a good bit.

Jack Lambert
08-08-2018, 01:45 PM

I thought the SEC put in the Houston Nut rule to stop that?

Dawgology
08-08-2018, 01:57 PM
It's not about getting the best players. It's about getting the right players. You need position and class balance. That gives you depth and continuity. You have to monitor the culture. You have to have players fit the system, or change the system for the players (imagine Peyton Manning running the wishbone). I think Ole Miss recruits for stars.

THIS! A lot of people don't get that.

Dawgology
08-08-2018, 01:59 PM

And no one will call them out on it either. SO much for scholarship restrictions! hahahahahahah

Pit Bull
08-08-2018, 02:13 PM
Out of curiosity, who are they? Just don't keep up with anybody else's recruiting and don't remember anything about any of these guys. Don't even watch ole miss enough to know which of them already play a good bit.

If it was me, I could see taking any or all of these players....AJ Brown, DeMarkus Lodge, DK Metcalf, Bryce Matthews, Greg Little, Octavious Cooley, Myles Hartsfield, Alex Givens, Benito Jones, and maybe even Matt Corral (minus his off field issues). The 3 I really like are their 3 OL.....Little, Givens, and Matthews (all very highly recruited). I know our maroon colored glasses want to look down on their talent, but they do have some nice pieces......the biggest problem I would have for Ole Miss is their depth. Get past their starters and the talent level drops off significantly. They will not be able to stand losing too many to injury.

NCDawg
08-08-2018, 03:13 PM
If it was me, I could see taking any or all of these players....AJ Brown, DeMarkus Lodge, DK Metcalf, Bryce Matthews, Greg Little, Octavious Cooley, Myles Hartsfield, Alex Givens, Benito Jones, and maybe even Matt Corral (minus his off field issues). The 3 I really like are their 3 OL.....Little, Givens, and Matthews (all very highly recruited). I know our maroon colored glasses want to look down on their talent, but they do have some nice pieces......the biggest problem I would have for Ole Miss is their depth. Get past their starters and the talent level drops off significantly. They will not be able to stand losing too many to injury.

Their OL protected their QB against us last year and gave him ample time to throw. Also, they opened some nice holes for their no. 22.

Johnson85
08-08-2018, 03:41 PM

I meant out of the underclassmen front 7 on D. I don't think he intended to claim there were only 3-4 on their entire team. If you're looking at class that will only include 4 guys that play in the defensive front 7, you have to think you must feel pretty good about your underclassmen front 7 (or alternatively you are taking a gamble on getting good prospects next year that are going to be ready to play as underclassmen).