PDA

View Full Version : It sounds like our team is a lot leaner than last year.

Todd4State
08-05-2018, 09:30 PM
Hopefully this will translate into more explosive plays.

On Twitter it looks like Nick is moving pretty well. No bubble wrap on ankle. I think Hill dropping weight is an indication that we may use him more in the passing game than Dan did. I'm guessing that Hill and Aeris are going to split reps. Guidry is practicing. Farrod Green only had 9 receptions the entire season last year. What a waste. He could bust out this year.

I get the impression that this team is on a mission.

And I know some people will disagree with this- but with all of the recruiting flak at the WR position if I'm Moorhead I'm bombing Stephen F Austin back to the stone age. If it's me- I say we get 66-70 points on them in game one and get everyone's attention. Have Fitz throw for 5 TD's and let him run one in to show that his ankle is good. And then come after them and shut them out on defense like we did Charleston Southern last year.

dawgoneyall
08-05-2018, 09:39 PM
People have to understand Fritz was throwing often to people who weren't open and when open dropped the ball often.

New day....

Lord McBuckethead
08-05-2018, 09:45 PM
Hopefully this will translate into more explosive plays.

On Twitter it looks like Nick is moving pretty well. No bubble wrap on ankle. I think Hill dropping weight is an indication that we may use him more in the passing game than Dan did. I'm guessing that Hill and Aeris are going to split reps. Guidry is practicing. Farrod Green only had 9 receptions the entire season last year. What a waste. He could bust out this year.

I get the impression that this team is on a mission.

And I know some people will disagree with this- but with all of the recruiting flak at the WR position if I'm Moorhead I'm bombing Stephen F Austin back to the stone age. If it's me- I say we get 66-70 points on them in game one and get everyone's attention. Have Fitz throw for 5 TD's and let him run one in to show that his ankle is good. And then come after them and shut them out on defense like we did Charleston Southern last year.

The most amazing stat I have ever seen was when Charleston Southern was at negative yardage at like the 2 minute mark in the 4th quarter. heck they had a first down sometime in the first half, then we sacked them 3 times and made them punt on 4th and 27 or something like that. That was total domination.
I agree that priority one would be to showcase a nice passing attack game one and two. Let them talk about Fitz' 10 passing tds through two weeks. On 1st and 2nd and goal always try to get a pass in there for the td. Got to get those stats looking good.

Homedawg
08-05-2018, 09:47 PM
I just want Fitz to complete the ball on the first play of the Bama game last year. Those are game changers if he can't we.... well

Turfdawg67
08-05-2018, 10:50 PM
Simmons is leaner too.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-05-2018, 10:56 PM
I think trying to rain bombs on SFA can backfire... 1) if you take shots and can't connect you're just making the problem worse, 2) if you have to run your good plays to get separation then I'd rather save them for KState. Only if we can drop bombs with regularity using generic plays do I agree with trying

1bigdawg
08-05-2018, 11:09 PM
I think trying to rain bombs on SFA can backfire... 1) if you take shots and can't connect you're just making the problem worse, 2) if you have to run your good plays to get separation then I'd rather save them for KState. Only if we can drop bombs with regularity using generic plays do I agree with trying

Disagree. Even if we do not connect on bombs, the defense cannot ignore them because if they do the one that we do connect on is a TD. It is too much of a gamble.

Todd4State
08-05-2018, 11:52 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YmqWV9qauU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6kxCp-0Wmw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAUW0GWB7bc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOKveSs8ls0

I think we'll be OK

Pit Bull
08-06-2018, 04:07 AM
JoMo's comments today mentioned that while Fitz has no restrictions placed on him, the medical staff wants to limit the number of reps in camp and maybe into the first couple games. This tells me he is likely at least 90-95% and good to go. Sounds like they want to slowly ramp up his PT as not to put too much wear and tear on his ankle too fast. Makes sense. If we can jump out on SFA early, my guess is Fitz will come out some time in the first half and turn it over to his backups to finish it out. If SFA makes a game of it into the 2nd half, then we have other problems that will need to be analyzed by all of us astute keyboard cowboys here on ED.

RiverCityDawg
08-06-2018, 06:21 AM
JoMo's comments today mentioned that while Fitz has no restrictions placed on him, the medical staff wants to limit the number of reps in camp and maybe into the first couple games. This tells me he is likely at least 90-95% and good to go. Sounds like they want to slowly ramp up his PT as not to put too much wear and tear on his ankle too fast. Makes sense. If we can jump out on SFA early, my guess is Fitz will come out some time in the first half and turn it over to his backups to finish it out. If SFA makes a game of it into the 2nd half, then we have other problems that will need to be analyzed by all of us astute keyboard cowboys here on ED.

JoMo didn't talk to the media on Sunday. Got a link to where he said they wanted to limit the number of reps in the first couple of games?

Turfdawg67
08-06-2018, 06:44 AM
JoMo didn't talk to the media on Sunday. Got a link to where he said they wanted to limit the number of reps in the first couple of games?

It's in a thread called "JoMo Post Practice". Watch the video.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-06-2018, 06:46 AM

Well the poster said "today". His post was at 4:07 AM. So JoMo must have said it early Monday morning, between Midnight and 4:00 AM.

BrunswickDawg
08-06-2018, 07:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YmqWV9qauU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6kxCp-0Wmw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAUW0GWB7bc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOKveSs8ls0

I think we'll be OK

Those clips are why I think the results last year in our passing game were not at all indicative of where Fitz was - and will be this year - as a passer. How often did you see our receivers get that open downfield?
Even the play Homedawg references - looking at the replay Fitz had to pull the trigger on that pass a little early to avoid the pass rush from big 94. A half second more and instead of just missing Mixon he hits him or Reggie Todd (who was even more open a little further downfield).

Side note - 2 plays later 32 for Bama clearly gets away with targeting, hitting Nick in the facemask with the crown of his helmet. I hate Bama.

dawgday166
08-06-2018, 07:58 AM
Those clips are why I think the results last year in our passing game were not at all indicative of where Fitz was - and will be this year - as a passer. How often did you see our receivers get that open downfield?
Even the play Homedawg references - looking at the replay Fitz had to pull the trigger on that pass a little early to avoid the pass rush from big 94. A half second more and instead of just missing Mixon he hits him or Reggie Todd (who was even more open a little further downfield).

Side note - 2 plays later 32 for Bama clearly gets away with targeting, hitting Nick in the facemask with the crown of his helmet. I hate Bama.

Bama never gets called for targeting, and they probably target more than any team in CFB. I saw a clip on 247 where Holloway caught a punt against Bama and Bama defender's helmet crown nailed him about where the bottom of his facemask was, right after he caught the ball. Laid him out. No flag.

If there is a QB on other team that is a threat, they'll try to put him out and quite often there is at least one targeting call that should be called against them while they're doing that. They'll hit him high, and often.

Bully13
08-06-2018, 08:47 AM
I like those plays where Fitz fakes the QB draw then takes 2-3 steps back and there's no one in the same zip code of a receiver.

RiverCityDawg
08-06-2018, 08:52 AM
It's in a thread called "JoMo Post Practice". Watch the video.

Yeah, my point is that JoMo didn't say they would limit his reps in the first couple of games, the poster just made that up.

preachermatt83
08-06-2018, 04:14 PM
Simmons is leaner too.

Simmons and green look like absolute monsters. Piroli has completely transformed some of these guys physique

yjnkdawg
08-06-2018, 05:39 PM

I could care less whether the astute keyboard cowboys on ED analyzed it. However, if SFA makes a game of it into the second quarter (which I don't foresee happening), then I would definitely want Coach JoeMo and the appropriate assistant coaches to analyze what went wrong and come up with a solution to make sure whatever the issue was, to address, and correct it where that should not be an issue in the future.

ScoobaDawg
08-06-2018, 07:38 PM

Moorhead never said anything about limiting him in games. You are full of it grandpa

Todd4State
08-06-2018, 08:28 PM
Moorhead never said anything about limiting him in games. You are full of it grandpa

It's like the old people want Fitz to be gimpy. I mean, old people just because you were wounded in World War I and your arm/leg was never the same again doesn't mean that Fitz is going to be limited or less than 100% this season.

BrunswickDawg
08-06-2018, 08:49 PM
It's like the old people want Fitz to be gimpy. I mean, old people just because you were wounded in World War I and your arm/leg was never the same again doesn't mean that Fitz is going to be limited or less than 100% this season.

We have the technology, we can rebuild him....

https://media.giphy.com/media/H0JEtF6MdtFmw/giphy.gif

Todd4State
08-06-2018, 09:54 PM
We have the technology, we can rebuild him....

https://media.giphy.com/media/H0JEtF6MdtFmw/giphy.gif

Rep given.