PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know when the walking dead starts back?

Bully13
08-05-2018, 08:53 PM
I thought it started tonight

KOdawg1
08-06-2018, 08:10 AM
Some time in October.

I'll continue to watch it, but my interest in the show has steadily declined since about season 5. Poor character development and writing have made it unrecognizable from what it used to be.

Tbonewannabe
08-06-2018, 08:33 AM
It is usually right before Halloween. The new direction has me intrigued. We have watched it from the beginning but the last 2 seasons has us watching it on DVR. This year we watched the last 4 episodes about a month after it ended. We used to text with all our friends talking about it and now I think everyone still watches but not as intensively.

I am interested on them finally showing infrastructures breaking down and gas being scarce. I have always liked the post apocalyptic movies where ammo and gas were scarce and people revert back to the dark ages.

Bully13
08-06-2018, 08:42 AM
I don't see why they would have gas , guns or ammo shortages.

they should have an abundance of all that shit, vehicles too. Of course, I didn't watch from the beginning so there may be a legit reason for that.

I guess Negan's in jail. that will be fun.

Tbonewannabe
08-06-2018, 12:05 PM
I don't see why they would have gas , guns or ammo shortages.

they should have an abundance of all that shit, vehicles too. Of course, I didn't watch from the beginning so there may be a legit reason for that.

I guess Negan's in jail. that will be fun.

As far as gas, the Walking Dead is jumping another couple of years into the future and there aren't refineries making gas. Just googling, gas is only good for a couple of years before it starts settling out and becomes unusable. So at this point, any gas found would be at least 4-6 years old.

Ammo - Eugene was starting to make ammo but I don't know if he would indefinitely have the supplies to make gun powder. I am not sure that sulfur would be that easy to get around Virginia but maybe it would. They were already have ammo shortages before Eugene started making them.

Guns shouldn't be a problem as long as Eugene could make ammo.

KOdawg1
08-07-2018, 02:49 PM
Also, the flesh on the walkers would have already rotted off by now considering they're dead. They should be walking skeletons

Tbonewannabe
08-07-2018, 09:36 PM
Also, the flesh on the walkers would have already rotted off by now considering they're dead. They should be walking skeletons

Especially with a jump forward. At some point zombies wouldn't be walking around without some type of magic aspect. I don't think this show is going that way.

Bully13
08-08-2018, 08:16 AM
maybe cuz people continue to die, thus fresh walkers?

Tbonewannabe
08-08-2018, 10:19 AM
maybe cuz people continue to die, thus fresh walkers?

I would say this is correct except there wouldn't be the big herds like there were. I am interested in how this next season sets up especially with a time jump.

Bully13
08-08-2018, 11:09 AM
I would say this is correct except there wouldn't be the big herds like there were. I am interested in how this next season sets up especially with a time jump.

When does the time jump happen? Does this season not start with Negan in jail with a bandaged throat?

Tbonewannabe
08-09-2018, 11:37 AM
When does the time jump happen? Does this season not start with Negan in jail with a bandaged throat?

I believe it jumps forward but Negan is still in jail after 2 years. I am not sure if there is a time jump right off the bat or if it is into the season at some point.

Dawg61
08-10-2018, 07:35 PM
Maybe eating humans keeps zombies fresh? They never should of killed off Shane so early.

starkvegasdawg
08-11-2018, 10:50 AM
In pissed Andrew Lincoln and possibly Maggie are leaving after this season. Show won't be the same. This may be the final straw that makes me quit watching after this season. Show started with Rick. It should end with him. I like Daryl but that is not a character to base a show on.

KOdawg1
08-11-2018, 03:39 PM
I hope they get back to the survival aspect of the apocalypse rather than wars between groups. It seems like ever since the Governor tried to take the prison, there has been a constant battle with another group. However, if they follow the timeline of the comics, there will be a fight with another group. (The Whisperers)

Tbonewannabe
08-13-2018, 08:56 AM
In pissed Andrew Lincoln and possibly Maggie are leaving after this season. Show won't be the same. This may be the final straw that makes me quit watching after this season. Show started with Rick. It should end with him. I like Daryl but that is not a character to base a show on.

I thought they might have jumped the shark when they killed Carl. Rick still has Judith but the show was almost centered around Rick keeping Carl safe and making a better world for him. A lot of the comic book theories revolve around Carl telling his grandchildren what they went through to get to that point in the future. I think they wanted to separate the show from the comics more than they already had.