PDA

View Full Version : Bull Red question for Beastman... I have lived in TX for the last 25 years,

IMissJack
08-04-2018, 02:27 PM
so I am not familiar with the Bull Red Run in MS. Where are some places to surf fish from the beach with easy access on the coast?

BeastMan
08-04-2018, 04:26 PM
You can catch bull reds and black drum from any pier on the MS gulf coast that are either on front beach or close to front beach. I have personally caught them from the Washington street pier in Bay St Louis and Pass Christian public pier. Cracked crab is best bait followed by big cut croaker, cut mullet, and even dead shrimp. If you fish dead shrimp you’ll probably catch more species including many trash fish. There really isn’t a “run”. My 2 biggest drum were in April and late August off piers.

BeastMan
08-04-2018, 04:28 PM
Ruckus and Speck are on the water more often. They have more current and better intel than I would. That said, I don’t think it’s too terribly difficult to target bulls from piers on the MS GC.

SpeckleDawg
08-04-2018, 07:38 PM
Beast pretty much covered it. If you want to target only big reds and cut out some of the others, cracked crab is hard to beat. Like he said, there's not really a "run". They're all over the place, especially in the summer.