PDA

View Full Version : Message to the Team

archdog
10-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Way to dig deep and get the victory. Redman, sorry your name was misspelled on your Jersey. Welcome to the team Morrow, and never let someone take the ball from you again. Great work tonight by Morrow. LDP was moving the ball well when we were mixing the plays early on. To everyone dogging the players, 17 you.
Dak and Tyler had a good game.

CadaverDawg
10-12-2013, 10:06 PM
Way to dig deep and get the victory. Redman, sorry your name was misspelled on your Jersey. Welcome to the team Morrow, and never let someone take the ball from you again. Great work tonight by Morrow. LDP was moving the ball well when we were mixing the plays early on. To everyone dogging the players, 17 you.
Dak and Tyler had a good game.

Nice job, it's "Redmond" not Redman. This has Jeanspage written all over it.

Dannyripms
10-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Did Redmond play?

CadaverDawg
10-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Did Redmond play?

Yep

camsu
10-12-2013, 10:10 PM
Was good to see REDMOND on the field and he was in position on the last play. Morrow add his best game ever, I remember at least 4 catches. Yes, the take away almost was scary. Win is a win.

2 OL starters out
missed Love
Missed P Smith on DL big time
Win is a win.

archdog
10-12-2013, 10:15 PM
Did no one else notice Redmond's name on his jersey? It was missing the d I think. I thought it was a great omen for the game.

archdog
10-12-2013, 10:19 PM

Yeah, a little Jeanspage, but 17 it. I wanted to say something positive about tonight. Their is tons to complain about but after okstate and Auburn, I am glad we won the game.

CadaverDawg
10-12-2013, 10:21 PM
Yeah, a little Jeanspage, but 17 it. I wanted to say something positive about tonight. Their is tons to complain about but after okstate and Auburn, I am glad we won the game.

This is true. I will take an ugly win over a pretty loss every day of the week

Bothrops
10-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Did Redmond play?

That wasn't Redmond, it was Remand I think.

starkvegasdawg
10-12-2013, 10:37 PM
Only had a year and a half to make sure it was correct.

State82
10-12-2013, 11:11 PM
Only had a year and a half to make sure it was correct.

Exactly. Just another reason that I am completely fed up with the whole shootin' match. 2.3 mil for decisions we saw tonight? Can't get the spelling correct on your own player's jersey? Coordinators that could probably not make a living selling used cars? But yet people complain that they are not paid enough. 300 grand not enough for what we get? Give me a break. The sad thing about this whole situation is that there is 70 mil in construction taking place at DWS that should be moved about a 1/4 mile to the north. I know I am in the minority in that opinion, but, none the less, it is my opinion.

Coach 57
10-13-2013, 12:26 AM
Exactly. Just another reason that I am completely fed up with the whole shootin' match. 2.3 mil for decisions we saw tonight? Can't get the spelling correct on your own player's jersey? Coordinators that could probably not make a living selling used cars? But yet people complain that they are not paid enough. 300 grand not enough for what we get? Give me a break. The sad thing about this whole situation is that there is 70 mil in construction taking place at DWS that should be moved about a 1/4 mile to the north. I know I am in the minority in that opinion, but, none the less, it is my opinion.

What in the world are you talking about? If Dan gets us to 6-6 this year it will be the only time in MANY, many years (if not ever) a coach had taken us to 4 consecutive bowl games! He has already out done what Jackie did in his first 5 years. He ACTUALLY won a NYD bowl! Jackie lost his first 4 bowl appearances in a BTW much easier SEC west.

State82
10-13-2013, 01:01 AM
What in the world are you talking about? If Dan gets us to 6-6 this year it will be the only time in MANY, many years (if not ever) a coach had taken us to 4 consecutive bowl games! He has already out done what Jackie did in his first 5 years. He ACTUALLY won a NYD bowl! Jackie lost his first 4 bowl appearances in a BTW much easier SEC west.

Coach, I fully respect your input here. Always have. I don't doubt any of your opinions and its pretty obvious you know your stuff. I am just relating what we are seeing with what we are spending. Like I said, I know I am in the very small minority, but personally, I would prefer to see expenditures guided to the programs that are going above and beyond their pay grade when compared to the others. Unfortunately, that is not possible in the real world of D1 athletics today. No none is going to dispute which sport runs the organization. But, its not hard to argue that John Cohen and his small staff, when compared to the rest of the collegiate baseball world, does much more with what his program has available to them than Dan Mullen and his staff provide. Just look at the recent recruiting rankings and post season play in both sports. Also, you said IF Dan gets us to 6-6. There are no words to describe how big that IF is. You are probably not a betting man, and neither am I (any more), but I would imagine that if you were, you would not be betting on that. But that's on Scott Stricklin and the OSU decision more so than Dan. Again, I really enjoy your input from a technical standpoint and always look forward to reading.

Todd4State
10-13-2013, 01:14 AM

This was the best part of the rant.

As far as paying them more- I DO NOT want to pay guys like Les Koenning more- I want to get someone like Cam Cameron and pay them top dollar. And if someone says "that's unrealistic"- I just needed a name to put in there as an example.

Coach 57
10-13-2013, 08:30 AM
I understand more than most about the salary of coordinators. We do need to do a better job of evaluation of our hires before we decide to pay more. But honestly we are only going to be as good as the men who are hands on WITH the kids. We aren't going to win a recruiting championship like the Confederates did. It's just not going to happen so our farm system needs to be better in which our staff needs to have an almost elite mind & grasp of super concepts to make them OVER perform.