PDA

View Full Version : NE Mississippi....

Liverpooldawg
08-03-2018, 10:36 PM
I know most of you are like me, you watch WTVA for local news. Well, WCBI just hired Blair Schafer. We may need to switch. WTVA and Jim Holder love them some Rebels.

starkvegasdawg
08-03-2018, 10:54 PM
Nothing against WCBI, but got to stick with WTVA. They're the media affiliate for our storm chase team. Matt, Joel, and John are great guys and some of the best in the business. It's flat out scary the amount of knowledge in Matt's head.

Dawgtini
08-03-2018, 11:19 PM
Blair wins over any ?storm team?. Our fans smh **

RocketDawg
08-04-2018, 01:57 PM
I know most of you are like me, you watch WTVA for local news. Well, WCBI just hired Blair Schafer. We may need to switch. WTVA and Jim Holder love them some Rebels.

Thought she and her bro were going to grad school at Texas A&M.

Quaoarsking
08-04-2018, 03:05 PM
Thought she and her bro were going to grad school at Texas A&M.

That was what the "Schaefer will 100% go to Texas A&M if offered!!!!" message board heroes insisted.

shoeless joe
08-04-2018, 05:54 PM
Always preferred wcbi. The weather man on wtva is a tool.

Mimi's Babies
08-04-2018, 06:21 PM
WTVA is the bomb for weather. A new science lesson everyday.

I wish Blair had gone to WTVA for sure. Wcbi's news is awful.

RocketDawg
08-04-2018, 06:26 PM
Always preferred wcbi. The weather man on wtva is a tool.

I am at this moment watching local news and weather on WAAY in Huntsville. They have a new blonde weekend weathercaster named Kate McKenna (https://www.facebook.com/KateMcKennaWx/ ... appears to have a large nose in the photo but not so much in real life) who is not only hot but quite competent. The weekend anchor is MaryLee Melendez (http://www.waaytv.com/content/station/468149583.html), who is even better and also quite good at her job. Apparently Channel 31 is trying to take over the local market.

Liverpooldawg
08-04-2018, 06:32 PM

Agree

Goldendawg
08-04-2018, 10:22 PM
Quit watching local sports when the SEC Network arrived. Matt and his wife in Tupelo and my nephew and his wife are good friends. WTVA staff is very good when bad weather hits. My 81 year old Bulldog Mom monitors closely to make sure we head to my Aunt's storm house across the street on time.

starkvegasdawg
08-04-2018, 11:18 PM

I'll tell you this regarding Matt...I have a huge interest and love for weather. I have read and watched more informational sources than I can count. When it comes to weather IQ I consider myself well above average. Matt can make me feel like a window licking idiot with how much he knows. Compared to him, I'm the person they interview on tv with no shirt on showing my barb wire arm tattoo, 1/2 smoked Marlboro dangling from my lips, rusted out trans am in the background, talking bout how bad that damn nader done tow up my mother 17ing trailer and chicken coup. Watching him take all that knowledge and convert it to something everybody can understand is amazing.

Our chase team was at their studios a few months ago it was great seeing the behind the scenes stuff. Even got to watch John Dolusic do the weather. When you see what all they have to juggle during a severe weather outbreak it is a wonder they can do it and not screw up a thousand times over.