PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on Mullen....

CadaverDawg
10-12-2013, 09:52 PM
After the turnaround our offense had made since early in the season, I was very willing to give Mullen next season since we have so much returning and a favorable schedule....but after what I saw tonight, I'm not so sure anymore.

We make no adjustments from play to play, quarter to quarter, half to half, or even week to week or season to season. And we completely under-utilize our talent on both sides of the ball. We better pull a 6-6 season out of our ass or I don't even want Mullen to see Christmas as MSU's coach. And at this point it WILL take a great coaching job to win 6.

I'm almost to the point where I would rather our new head coach have the fortune of a full cupboard and a favorable schedule.

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2013, 09:54 PM
Cadaver just go to bed. I love the passion, but we play this let down game every year. Yes, we have many problem, but, with the exception of Bell, we are much better than this.

We will be fine, just a let down game.

Will James
10-12-2013, 09:54 PM
I'm almost to the point where I would rather our new head coach have the fortune of a full cupboard and a favorable schedule.

I've been there since Auburn. Tonight was disgraceful

CadaverDawg
10-12-2013, 09:56 PM
Cadaver just go to bed. I love the passion, but we play this let down game every year. Yes, we have many problem, but, with the exception of Bell, we are much better than this.

We will be fine, just a let down game.

If we have a game like this every year, does that not help prove my point? It proves that we do not adjust from year to year. I'm not overreacting, I'm simply saying give me 6 wins or I'm completely done with Mullen. I could have lived wi 5 wins if we didn't drop that turd tonight. We deserved to lose that game.

ShotgunDawg
10-12-2013, 10:00 PM
If we have a game like this every year, does that not help prove my point? It proves that we do not adjust from year to year. I'm not overreacting, I'm simply saying give me 6 wins or I'm completely done with Mullen. I could have lived wi 5 wins if we didn't drop that turd tonight. We deserved to lose that game.

****, everybody has this type of game every year. Bowling Green took Florida to the brink last year in the swamp. They are a well organized team. Like the Missouri Valley Conference of Basketball.

We sucked ass tonight, but we played with no energy and we won. No doubt we have to get better, but this happens to every team in the country every year. Its not if, its when it will happen. Just be glad we won and have a week off.

I seen it dawg
10-12-2013, 10:01 PM
We have had games like this since the early part of last season. We don't do anything a well coached team does. It's the norm now.

Dannyripms
10-12-2013, 10:02 PM
Don't worry cd there's a lot of us that thinks the same. I been done with dan also. The second half adjustments don't happen. If we don't score enough in the first half we lose. And there's no way to spin it, it's completely on the coaching staff. Bring in HUD and fire dan, les and Hersey. We do that and we win 9 games next year.

cheewgumm
10-12-2013, 10:36 PM
Our scehdule gets easier nexgt year..don't worry. We'll win 7 all will be well.

CadaverDawg
10-12-2013, 10:38 PM
Our scehdule gets easier nexgt year..don't worry. We'll win 7 all will be well.

Do you post about anything other than the schedule

Goat Holder
10-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Your thoughts are terrible. Just sayin'.

CadaverDawg
10-12-2013, 10:41 PM
Your thoughts are terrible. Just sayin'.

Great insight, as always from you goat.

Goat Holder
10-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Hush bitch, you're being a *****. Seriously.

CadaverDawg
10-12-2013, 10:45 PM
Hush bitch, you're being a *****. Seriously.

Haha, spoken like the douche you've always been

Goat Holder
10-12-2013, 10:46 PM
Puss

SheltonChoked
10-12-2013, 10:46 PM
We have always had these games, but under Dan. We still win them.

We didn't under Jackie or bellard.

We sure as hell didn't under Croom, Or Rocky.

Is it frustrating. Yes. Do I want us to have a "big win". Yes.
But see the ****ing forest.

preachermatt83
10-13-2013, 01:24 AM
After the turnaround our offense had made since early in the season, I was very willing to give Mullen next season since we have so much returning and a favorable schedule....but after what I saw tonight, I'm not so sure anymore.

We make no adjustments from play to play, quarter to quarter, half to half, or even week to week or season to season. And we completely under-utilize our talent on both sides of the ball. We better pull a 6-6 season out of our ass or I don't even want Mullen to see Christmas as MSU's coach. And at this point it WILL take a great coaching job to win 6.

yes! nailed it cadaver

Todd4State
10-13-2013, 01:30 AM
Do you post about anything other than the schedule

No- he doesn't. Which is kind of funny in a way because his theory is that an easy schedule keeps everyone falsely happy. Well, here we are with an "I'm done with Dan" thread. And CD- I'm in your boat about Dan as well.

Todd4State
10-13-2013, 01:33 AM
We have always had these games, but under Dan. We still win them.

We didn't under Jackie or bellard.

We sure as hell didn't under Croom, Or Rocky.

Is it frustrating. Yes. Do I want us to have a "big win". Yes.
But see the ****ing forest.

Is it really too much to ask as a MSU fan to win the games we are supposed to AND get an occasional "big win"? I hear you- but even Croom managed to beat Florida, and ranked Auburn(I think they were ranked) and Kentucky teams. I have no clue how he beat them- and then still managed to lose to Tulane and Maine.

CadaverDawg
10-13-2013, 01:40 AM
No- he doesn't. Which is kind of funny in a way because his theory is that an easy schedule keeps everyone falsely happy. Well, here we are with an "I'm done with Dan" thread. And CD- I'm in your boat about Dan as well.

+1

Thank you for pointing out that irony. Funny indeed

donald igwebuike
10-13-2013, 07:05 AM
Funny, bama plays a weaker sister and drills them (albeit committing a couple of early TO's) its all about coaching.

Dawgface
10-13-2013, 07:48 AM
Is it really too much to ask as a MSU fan to win the games we are supposed to AND get an occasional "big win"? I hear you- but even Croom managed to beat Florida, and ranked Auburn(I think they were ranked) and Kentucky teams. I have no clue how he beat them- and then still managed to lose to Tulane and Maine.

Exactly. If we occasionally beat a good opponent, it would be easier to take a crap game like the one last night. But we never do.

SignalToNoise
10-13-2013, 09:45 AM
We've been having close calls with vastly inferior teams for a few years now.

2010- UAB was close
2011- La Tech in over time
2012- Troy
2013- Bowling Green

We are good for one close call every year. Lots of teams sleep walk through a game once or twice a year but still win.

I'm losing faith in the coaches but it didn't start with last night, and I'm not sure why anyone would have waited until last night to start having doubts.

msstate7
10-13-2013, 10:02 AM
Funny, bama plays a weaker sister and drills them (albeit committing a couple of early TO's) its all about coaching.

Bama played like crap against Colorado st. OM played like crap against semo (didnt score in 2nd half). Rice scored their largest point total against aTm. Clemson barely beat BC yesterday. Stanford lost to Utah. Michigan lost to penn state. By our fans standards, all these teams should fire their coaches. I'm not pleased with last night, but we won. We played a lot of young players and won. We've got almost 2 weeks to get ready for Kentucky. We're gonna beat Kentucky. Settle down...

dawgs
10-13-2013, 10:13 AM
Bama played like crap against Colorado st. OM played like crap against semo (didnt score in 2nd half). Rice scored their largest point total against aTm. Clemson barely beat BC yesterday. Stanford lost to Utah. Michigan lost to penn state. By our fans standards, all these teams should fire their coaches. I'm not pleased with last night, but we won. We played a lot of young players and won. We've got almost 2 weeks to get ready for Kentucky. We're gonna beat Kentucky. Settle down...

With the exception of ole miss, all the other coaches you listed have accomplished a whole hell of a lot more than Mullen has even thought about accomplishing. 10 win seasons and BCS bowls all over those coaches' resumes.

msstate7
10-13-2013, 10:19 AM
With the exception of ole miss, all the other coaches you listed have accomplished a whole hell of a lot more than Mullen has even thought about accomplishing. 10 win seasons and BCS bowls all over those coaches' resumes.

Throw out freeze then like you suggested. Bama, aTm, Clemson, Michigan = miss state? Come on man. Comparing career accomplishments between these schools is a reach. If anything, they have no excuses for let up games while we do.

DownwardDawg
10-13-2013, 10:29 AM
With Mullen, it's all about the scheduling. We can schedule 6-8 wins a year, or we can schedule 4-5 wins a year. Mullen isn't going to coach us to any victories, that's pretty obvious at this point. We have to set our schedule up properly if we are going to make bowl games.

Ronny
10-13-2013, 10:36 AM
...some bullshit observations here, but saying Mullen did make adjustments vs BG sounds like something somebody's sister would say.

Yes, Mullen's defensives are constantly out of position & have no idea how to cover in the open field.

And for FG's Mullen has to depend on some space cadet 15 year old kid wo should be kicking XP's for Jackson Academy.

Having said that, What do you want.

Mullen is a mediocre coach who will present mediocre results.

9 times out of 10 we lose to BG. Only a State fan would bitch about a close win against a 5 win opponent.

Maybe you want to re-visit the Auburn game.