PDA

View Full Version : Anriel Howard Officially with MSU

TheRef
08-02-2018, 08:14 PM
Well it's official. Texas A&M Graduate Transfer Anriel Howard is headed to MSU for her final season. AKA, our post play just got a MAJOR boost. We won't get out rebounded at all this season

Dawgtini
08-02-2018, 08:16 PM
Hail yeah! HailState!

Ezsoil
08-02-2018, 08:28 PM
I like her effort...she does not quit moving on either end....and she can score....

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-02-2018, 08:28 PM
Fantastic. the 4 spot was the only real question mark I had for this year, no offence to Bibby but I don't think she's a + first frontcourt player off the bench, but a - starting 4. We have very athletic guards so I'm not worried about them. With Howard I think we'll only get knocked out by a 1 seed

War Machine Dawg
08-02-2018, 08:46 PM
Fantastic. the 4 spot was the only real question mark I had for this year, no offence to Bibby but I don't think she's a + first frontcourt player off the bench, but a - starting 4. We have very athletic guards so I'm not worried about them. With Howard I think we'll only get knocked out by a 1 seed

Bibby is going to be Beast Mode before she leaves State. Don't doubt.

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-02-2018, 08:54 PM

She might, I just think she needs more than 1 year to fix everything. She's ok on D, but needs to develop her shot more, her post game, and the speed she processes the game before she's a beast. I see her putting it together as a Jr moreso than as a So. She's not a freak athlete so she's got to be technically very solid and well rounded

mstatefan91
08-02-2018, 09:00 PM
We just became legitimate contenders for this season. Takes a ton of pressure off of big T

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-02-2018, 09:19 PM

No..outside scoring was and is the big question mark

Bothrops
08-02-2018, 09:29 PM
One of the best players in the country and broke records at A&M.

Dawg61
08-02-2018, 09:32 PM
Glad to have her. Also hope no player ever in any sport ever announces their transfer 4 months before they announce where they are headed like she did again.

Dawg61
08-02-2018, 09:33 PM

I'll be happy if she ends up being a starter for minimum ten games by the time she leaves. She's going to have to improve a lot for that to happen.

RocketDawg
08-02-2018, 09:45 PM
I'll be happy if she ends up being a starter for minimum ten games by the time she leaves. She's going to have to improve a lot for that to happen.

This is her just her second year. I think she'll probably be a starter by her senior year, maybe even junior year. Depends on who else is coming in. She could probably afford to get a little faster and gain some stamina by slimming down a bit .... She seemed to have trouble keeping up the pace last year.

Cooterpoot
08-03-2018, 12:07 AM
I believe we picked up a commitment from the McLaurin kid at West Jones. Might be old news but putting it out there anyway.

Pit Bull
08-03-2018, 03:08 AM
Well it's official. Texas A&M Graduate Transfer Anriel Howard is headed to MSU for her final season. AKA, our post play just got a MAJOR boost. We won't get out rebounded at all this season

Super!!?.major addition for our post play while the Big Ole Miss transfer (Taylor?) sits out the season. Next year, she will be ready to be a force inside. IMO, if the UCONN transfer (Hunter) can offset the loss of Vivians to some degree, we should be bad ass again this coming season. BTW....last season when Bibby and Vivians stood next to each other, Bibby was at least 2" taller than Victoria, but both were listed as 6'1".....I looked at them several times on tv and in person and it was always the same....either Victoria's shorter than her listed hgt. or Bibby was taller than her listed hgt......not sure which though! I do think Bibby is going to be a force once she gains confidence in her shot.....she has great form....just a matter of time. And with 5-Star Myah Taylor at the point....Dang!!!.....we gonna be special!!

Offshore Dawg
08-03-2018, 05:54 AM
Doesn't Hunter from Uconn have to sit this year !!!!

msbulldog
08-03-2018, 06:29 AM

Correct.

smootness
08-03-2018, 08:40 AM
Depth chart this year will look something like this:

G Taylor
G Holmes
G Danberry
F Howard
C McCowan

Bibby
Campbell
Bre'Amber Scott
Nyah Tate
Daphane White
Jessika Carter
Xaria Wiggins

Our bench will be very young.

Then 2019-2020 will look something like this:

G Taylor
G Danberry
G/F Espinoza-Hunter
F White/Bibby/Carter
C Promise Taylor

Campbell
2 of White/Bibby/Carter
Scott
Tate
Wiggins
JaMya Young

We're looking pretty good for the next couple years, and then I think 2020-2021 and especially 2021-2022 set up as years to really make runs at the national title again.

louisvilledawg
08-03-2018, 08:47 AM
Campbell gonna have to get mean in a hurry. I like her game, just felt like she was soft.

99jc
08-03-2018, 08:54 AM
Correct.

We have unknown factors with the 3 point shooting but I truly believe someone will step up and hit enough 3's to be ok. One thing for sure it will be impossible to double down on either Tiera and Anriel at the same time. Over 60% of Tieras points last season came from rebounds on missed shots with 2 rebounding machines down low I am not as concerned with outside shooting. This team is going to be tough to beat and should be final 4 material again. Vic has built a monster program we should be top 5 every year for seasons to come. HAil State and Go Dogs.

Saltydog
08-03-2018, 10:01 AM
really pack it in on this team and zone us to death. Losing Blair and the Queen are bigger loses than a lot of folks think and while Howard is a great player she isn't the answer for losing either one of those two.

Dawg61
08-03-2018, 10:05 AM

What a dumb rule by the NCAA. They should do transfers by actual amount of days in between playing a game. 365 days. Hunter is going to have to sit almost two years years before being allowed back. Geno is a prick 17er.

TheRef
08-03-2018, 10:13 AM
What a dumb rule by the NCAA. They should do transfers by actual amount of days in between playing a game. 365 days. Hunter is going to have to sit almost two years years before being allowed back. Geno is a prick 17er.

She has to sit until the Spring Semester since she enrolled in the Spring semester and didn't play this past season.

Dawg61
08-03-2018, 10:57 AM
She has to sit until the Spring Semester since she enrolled in the Spring semester and didn't play this past season.

So she becomes active January 1st? This is good news.

TheRef
08-03-2018, 11:12 AM
So she becomes active January 1st? This is good news.

If I read the policy correctly, that would be the case.

Homedawg
08-03-2018, 11:28 AM

everything ive been told, she has to sit the entire year.

Captain Falcon
08-03-2018, 11:56 AM

She did not enroll in the Spring. She didn?t arrive on campus until this summer. Didn?t actually commit to us until after it was too late to enroll in the Spring. That is why she has to sit out the full year.

mstatefan91
08-03-2018, 11:58 AM

Pretty sure she has to sit out the full year

TheRef
08-03-2018, 11:59 AM
Well I guess I stand corrected. My bad, guys.

Captain Falcon
08-03-2018, 12:01 PM
really pack it in on this team and zone us to death. Losing Blair and the Queen are bigger loses than a lot of folks think and while Howard is a great player she isn't the answer for losing either one of those two.

So let them zone us to death. We have the two best rebounders in the country there to clean up missed shots on the offensive glass.

We will have more three point shooting than you realize. Not nearly what we had last year, but that team was a total anomaly for Schaefer. This will be a vintage Schaefer team that is elite defensively and a really athletic team that can kill you on the fast break. I think this is a 30 win team again, even with all we lost.

mstatefan91
08-03-2018, 12:17 PM
Hope Big T has been working on her free throws cause they're going to take hacking her to a whole different level.

BiscuitEater
08-03-2018, 12:23 PM
She might, I just think she needs more than 1 year to fix everything.

T McCowan averaged 6.6 as a true FR; Blair averaged 2.5 as a true FR; Bibby averaged 3.9 as a true FR.

Vic develops players and helps them to get better. Some 'get it' faster than others.

msbulldog
08-03-2018, 12:31 PM
Ya'll are too worried about long range shooting Myah Taylor can knock the bottom out of it.

Dawg2003
08-03-2018, 12:53 PM
I'm not worried about our 3 point shooting. SC won a national championship with no outside game to speak of. 3 point shooting isn't everything. There are other aspects of the game that can win championships. 3s don't always fall either. That's why Notre Dame beat UConn last year. UConn was always vulnerable to a night when their 3-point shooting didn't come together because they had a marginal inside game. All teams have weaknesses. We have some better defensive players this year than last year. When it comes to defense, Danberry and Holmes are better than any of our starting guards were last year in my opinion.

maroonmania
08-03-2018, 06:55 PM

Yep, we will be good this year but nearly as good as last year. I know nothing about Taylor but Holmes and Danberry are really poor outside shooters. Folks are going to pack it in and let us have the outside shot all we want.

tcdog70
08-03-2018, 08:01 PM
You would be crazy to zone Us. Howard and Big T would clean the boards. Thereis no block out in a zone.