PDA

View Full Version : Diwun Black flips to Florida

CadaverDawg
08-02-2018, 10:07 AM
Mullen finally flips an OM croot

Doggie_Style
08-02-2018, 10:10 AM

good for him! I hope he has a great career!

ShotgunDawg
08-02-2018, 10:15 AM
Lol. He won't qualify but I'm glad OM can't count him in their recruiting ranking.

Why Florida though?

Yancy said last week that Black has "Ole Miss in his blood"

Ari Gold
08-02-2018, 10:19 AM
Lol. He won't qualify but I'm glad OM can't count him in their recruiting ranking.

Why Florida though?

Yancy has vodka in his blood.
I said this was only a matter of time.

Bdawg
08-02-2018, 10:21 AM

Why Florida though?

Isn't FL trying to help him get into IMG?

LC Dawg
08-02-2018, 10:24 AM
The fact that Mullen did this is going to drive those ****ers in Oxford nuts.

Lord McBuckethead
08-02-2018, 10:26 AM
Good for that young man.
Hope he is ready for Mullen and Co to hand the ball off and QB keep for the next 5 years.
Should have bought into Moorhead's offense and let the big dawg eat.

Ifyouonlyknew
He has another 1 or 2 flips in him IMO. We can do this same thing again in 2yrs. I still wouldn't be surprised at all if he signed at MSU & got placed at Co-Lin.

Ifyouonlyknew
Good for that young man.
Hope he is ready for Mullen and Co to hand the ball off and QB keep for the next 5 years.
Should have bought into Moorhead's offense and let the big dawg eat.

He plays LB.

msudawglb
08-02-2018, 10:32 AM
Yancy has vodka in his blood.
I said this was only a matter of time.

I wish some of you would not post and say ?I said this?. I know you want to get credit but dang after being wrong so much lately you would think you could just stop. That?s just my $0.02

Lord McBuckethead
08-02-2018, 10:33 AM
My bad, no idea what I was thinking. I guess he could still be ready for the constant hand offs, but wouldn't affect him much.

TrapGame
08-02-2018, 10:34 AM

BAZINGA!

Ari Gold
08-02-2018, 10:39 AM
I wish some of you would not post and say ?I said this?. I know you want to get credit but dang after being wrong so much lately you would think you could just stop. That?s just my $0.02

This wasn’t a surprise that he flipped , Hell he may flip again.
Thanks for your 2cents. I could give a shit about getting credit for a kid that decommits from OM.
All I said is that he would commit to Fla soon . Which he did.

fishwater99
08-02-2018, 10:39 AM
It's all a Bears plot to get back at *******. They will have him flip back on signing day..

HaggardDawg
08-02-2018, 10:40 AM

From someone close to the program...yes.

HoopsDawg
08-02-2018, 10:43 AM
Diwun Black is a case study on why following recruiting sucks ass. If we never get another Diwun update, it will be too soon.

msstate7
08-02-2018, 10:44 AM
This must be a sign he's given up on qualifying. If you can't get in OM/state, you certainly won't get in Florida

confucius say
08-02-2018, 10:45 AM

Better hurry. School starts in 5 days

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-02-2018, 10:46 AM

surprise surprise....called it

Looks like he kept his end of the deal.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-02-2018, 10:48 AM

Why Florida though?

Part of a deal to get him to IMG. He has SEVERE grade issues and they are trying to work on that. It's a long order though

Ifyouonlyknew
08-02-2018, 10:49 AM
Better hurry. School starts in 5 days

He's not going to IMG

Ifyouonlyknew
08-02-2018, 10:50 AM
Part of a deal to get him to IMG. He has SEVERE grade issues and they are trying to work on that. It's a long order though

I've heard that IMG is extremely hesitant to take him because of how bad his grade situation is.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-02-2018, 10:53 AM
I've heard that IMG is extremely hesitant to take him because of how bad his grade situation is.

Well I would imagine so. I feel sorry for Diwun to be honest with you. He has had a hard life and has been steered in wrong directions by those who are supposed to be close to him. I hope it all works out for him because he is a good kid.

Jack Lambert
08-02-2018, 10:53 AM
How does everyone know about his grade situation? Is he out bragging about it or is the info being leaked? I would be pissed if I was his parent. Either it's is slander or someone is giving info on my minor child away.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-02-2018, 11:00 AM
Well I would imagine so. I feel sorry for Diwun to be honest with you. He has had a hard life and has been steered in wrong directions by those who are supposed to be close to him. I hope it all works out for him because he is a good kid.

Yea I hope so too but he has to take school & his grades serious. Juco is a wake up call a lot of times. Hopefully life in small time MS instead of a SEC campus gets his mind right & he can reach his potential.

Jarius
08-02-2018, 11:03 AM
How does everyone know about his grade situation? Is he out bragging about it or is the info being leaked? I would be pissed if I was his parent. Either it's is slander or someone is giving info on my minor child away.

If you were his parent he probably wouldn't be worried about qualifying in the first place, more than likely.

Cooterpoot
08-02-2018, 11:05 AM
Ain't no way he can afford to move to IMG. He's not going qualify and will end up in a juco. Probably to never be heard from again unless a school places him and really stays on him.
But, he's out of their numbers.

msstate7
08-02-2018, 11:15 AM
Any chance om emcouraged this? They do over 25.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-02-2018, 11:16 AM
Any chance om emcouraged this? They do over 25.

Encourage the best player they have committed to flip? Naw

msstate7
08-02-2018, 11:19 AM

I doubt it too... looks and all, but the kid isn't gonna get in school

Jack Lambert
08-02-2018, 11:20 AM

It's about perception to them. No one will care come August if he gets in or not. I imagine Mullen will sign him regardless to get heat off his recruiting ability.

Pollodawg
08-02-2018, 12:29 PM
Ole Miss is making the same old mistakes they always have. They’ve recruited 37 4star wideouts to the detriment of every other position on the field. Still wouldn’t be shocked if Black ended up signing with MSU in the end.

mstatefan91
08-02-2018, 12:30 PM
Will never understand the players who are highly ranked not having their academics in order.. guaranteed a starting spot at any 4 year school outside of Bama and can't get the grades up but will beat their chest all over twitter about who is recruiting them.

I sincerely hope he gets his grades worked out.. I don't like seeing Mississippi kids fail

NCDawg
08-02-2018, 12:34 PM

I was wondering the same thing. Seems as if we have a lot of fans who think they know everything about a recruit.

Todd4State
08-02-2018, 12:57 PM
Will never understand the players who are highly ranked not having their academics in order.. guaranteed a starting spot at any 4 year school outside of Bama and can't get the grades up but will beat their chest all over twitter about who is recruiting them.

I sincerely hope he gets his grades worked out.. I don't like seeing Mississippi kids fail

Reading between the lines it sounds like it's more of an environment issue in this case.

preachermatt83
08-02-2018, 01:12 PM

It's not long. It's impossible

preachermatt83
08-02-2018, 01:34 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Seems as if we have a lot of fans who think they know everything about a recruit.

Maybe because some of us have relatives and or friends in the forest school system that can "say" without really "saying".

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-02-2018, 01:46 PM
Maybe because some of us have relatives and or friends in the forest school system that can "say" without really "saying".

^^ This

KOdawg1
08-02-2018, 01:52 PM
Best of luck to him. I honestly hope he succeeds wherever he goes. He seems like a good kid who's been through a lot.

Jack Lambert
08-02-2018, 02:06 PM
[QUOTEforest school system.[/QUOTE]

That explains a lot. :)

Jack Lambert
08-02-2018, 02:24 PM
Went to the Florida 247 and you would think each and every poster had just won the Mega Millions. Made me chuckle.

ShotgunDawg
08-02-2018, 03:08 PM
Went to the Florida 247 and you would think each and every poster had just won then Mega Millions. Made me chuckle.

I laughed as well. It's like they have zero clue that the kid has no chance of qualifying and is just mocking the recruiting system.

ShotgunDawg
08-02-2018, 03:13 PM

He ain't going to IMG, but, on another note, if Florida is able to use the IMG scholarships as bait to sign with them, that sounds like a massive hole in recruiting rules.

I don't think this is the case because IMG players usually sign every where, but just imagine if Ole Miss was getting prospective recruits into Jackson Prep for free and Prep had some "special system" that helped kids get qualified. Just seems like a massive recruiting violation that I'm sure the NCAA has a way of not allowing.

Todd4State
08-02-2018, 04:29 PM
He ain't going to IMG, but, on another note, if Florida is able to use the IMG scholarships as bait to sign with them, that sounds like a massive hole in recruiting rules.

I don't think this is the case because IMG players usually sign every where, but just imagine if Ole Miss was getting prospective recruits into Jackson Prep for free and Prep had some "special system" that helped kids get qualified. Just seems like a massive recruiting violation that I'm sure the NCAA has a way of not allowing.

I don't see how anyone could pull that off without it being really obvious. I mean, let's say 20 of your 25 recruits came from Prep in a class and let's say 19 of them started out at totally different schools and in some cases different states. Nothing to see here.**

It's also pretty risky because if you get let's say 4-5 recruits at one place and things go sideways with one you risk your entire class falling apart if the group is close knit.