PDA

View Full Version : Great Dak Article

Coach007
08-02-2018, 12:04 AM
Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott has taken a beating on social media since his comments last week seemingly supporting owner Jerry Jones? edict regarding protests against social injustice and racism during the national anthem.

For the record, I thought that there was not any backlash... I read it somewhere... :)

Prescott said Jones? words, which were contrary to NFL policy and prompted a league-wide gag order on the subject, didn?t faze him because he believed in standing and was going to do what he always had done.

I
t prompted a swift and visceral backlash on social media, accusing Prescott of selling out and not supporting a cause very dear to many people of color, especially with President Donald Trump continuing to use the issue to attack the NFL and fire up his base.
Prescott received criticism from journalists, rappers, comedians and some fellow NFL players. His own Twitter and Instagram pages have been bombarded by a number of unflattering memes and comments.

?I am not oblivious to it,? Prescott told the Star-Telegram after practice Tuesday. ?You get on social media, you see It. It doesn?t bother me. I said what I said. You have an opinion. Everyone else has an opinion. They are entitled to it as well. I accepted what they said and respect it. They should respect mine.?

?I think there was a little misunderstanding of the fact of what I believe in,? Prescott said. ?I never said I didn?t believe in social injustice and things that were going on. I just said I didn?t think that the national anthem was the time. It?s two minutes out of our day that we could also be spending embracing what our country should be and what our country is going to be one day that we know that it?s not right now. That is the sad part about it. That it?s not.

?I respect everybody. And power to the people that kneel. That is what they believe in and they should be able to kneel. For me, the game of football has been such a peace. It?s a moment for me to be at peace and think about all the great things our country does have.?

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/nfl/dallas-cowboys/article215893955.html

MoreCowbell
08-02-2018, 01:41 AM
He literally says it perfectly. How someone could condemn those words is mind boggling to me.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
08-02-2018, 02:28 AM
Some are doing it because they’re idiots and some are doing it because they’re idiots and jealous of Dak’s success.

klong-dog
08-02-2018, 03:42 AM
And some are doing it because they're Tony **** lovers.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-02-2018, 06:52 AM
It's amazing that some of the people who are supposedly protesting for, and supportive of, social justice, think it's okay to call Dak a "lemonade serving house negro" (Carron Phillips of NYDailyNews). And Jerry Jones can be called a plantation owner by Richard Sherman. Racist much?

Coach007
08-02-2018, 08:59 AM
I believe Dak represents MSU well. He also represents the feelings of most football watchers.

People are always looking for a reason. It's sad that most just choose to to find a reason to be miserable and then to take it out on others.