PDA

View Full Version : something I noticed today.

shannondawg
08-01-2018, 02:11 PM
Was in Sam's in Tupelo today, they had a new shipment of shirts with our and om's logos.

We had a double row of 7 stack, and om only double row of 3, that makes 14 stacks for us and 6 for them.

Maybe the gentry doesn't shop at Sam's, but I do know when I first moved up here 10 yrs ago, it was hard to find MSU stuff, and now its completely different, we must be doing something right, as these guys use POS info to do their ordering , it just not fly by night.

When you are old and retired like I am, you have time to notice stuff like this.

Dawgbite
08-01-2018, 02:52 PM
Bears only shop at official places like Rebel Rags. Sams ain't heppin nobody.

Howboutdemdogs
08-01-2018, 03:29 PM
That is amazing since Tupelo and the DJ is so pro Ole Piss.

Dawgbite
08-01-2018, 03:42 PM
Times have changed. I live in Monroe County just south of Tupelo, ten years ago I would see 10 Ole Miss car tags or T shirts to every State one. Over the last ten years it has totally reversed. I'll see 4-5 MSU car tags or yard signs on my way home today and might see one Ole Miss item in a week. We employee about 80 people and there is not a single admitted Bear fan under the roof. Tide fans may outnumber Bulldog fans but its close. I see Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, and LSU garb weekly but can't think of a single Rebel attire worn here in a while.

Jack Lambert
08-01-2018, 08:39 PM
Go to dicks in Madison and Flowood and you see three times more State gear then Ole Miss.

Goldendawg
08-01-2018, 09:00 PM
Don't go to the Fulton Walmart. You'll see more bama stuff than MSU & UNM combined.

ShotgunDawg
08-01-2018, 09:08 PM
I think MSU has had the larger instate fan base for sometime.

Go to Dallas, Memphis, Nashville, and Houston and you're likely to see more OM stuff.

Ole Miss has concentrated more out of state than instate and it's one reason why I think they typically have better night life in Oxford, due to less students leaving on the weekend, and a better national perception.

RocketDawg
08-01-2018, 09:11 PM
There was a program on a few days ago called "Secrets of Christ's Tomb" on the National Geographic Channel. I'd seen it before, but wanted to watch again because they showed the host walking down the narrow streets of Jerusalem and on the wall of one of the shops was an Alabama logo that stood out, apparently for sale. This time, I paused that scene, and almost every SEC school, including us and Ole Miss were there, along with several other schools. Apparently college football is a thing in the Holy Land too. Why a tourist would go there and buy a college logo is beyond me.

RocketDawg
08-01-2018, 09:17 PM
I think MSU has had the larger instate fan base for sometime.

Go to Dallas, Memphis, Nashville, and Houston and you're likely to see more OM stuff.

Ole Miss has concentrated more out of state than instate and it's one reason why I think they typically have better night life in Oxford, due to less students leaving on the weekend, and a better national perception.

The only places I've seen either MSU or Ole Miss gear here is Hibbet's Sporting Goods, a nursery with yard flags of each SEC school, and Edwin Watts that has an MSU golf bag. Otherwise, it's all Alabama. Auburn things seem to be there just because they have to be. You just don't see many Auburn fans in the Land of National Championships. A lot of folks here think us and Ole Miss are the same school, and MSU is physically closer than Auburn is.

Bully13
08-02-2018, 09:33 AM
There was a program on a few days ago called "Secrets of Christ's Tomb" on the National Geographic Channel. I'd seen it before, but wanted to watch again because they showed the host walking down the narrow streets of Jerusalem and on the wall of one of the shops was an Alabama logo that stood out, apparently for sale. This time, I paused that scene, and almost every SEC school, including us and Ole Miss were there, along with several other schools. Apparently college football is a thing in the Holy Land too. Why a tourist would go there and buy a college logo is beyond me.

Now THAT is a cool story. If someday I'm fortunate enough to make that same walk and see MSU gear in that area of the world, I'm pulling out my wallet. Just like all those other SEC fans who make the journey.

AusTexDawg
08-02-2018, 10:06 AM

There was a column that mentioned this store in the Austin paper last month (link (https://www.pressreader.com/usa/austin-american-statesman-sunday/20180715/282656098227081)). Apparently, the owner is a Bama grad. I guess his brother, the store manager, is just another sidewalk fan***