PDA

View Full Version : Urban Myer

TNDawg35
08-01-2018, 09:58 AM
Anyone hearing what Bo is saying about Utban Myer? Saying he hid domestic assault against one of his staff and then got caught lying about it...

msstate7
08-01-2018, 10:04 AM
Great! Now he will be OM's coach, and we fricked**

TNDawg35
08-01-2018, 10:08 AM
No seems to think he is done.

ckDOG
08-01-2018, 10:26 AM
Mullenz to Columbus**

thf24
08-01-2018, 10:44 AM
Heart problems imminent.

msu15
08-01-2018, 10:59 AM
Anyone hearing what Bo is saying about Utban Myer? Saying he hid domestic assault against one of his staff and then got caught lying about it...

Man you must really hate him to misspell his name twice lol

ScoobaDawg
08-01-2018, 11:27 AM
No way Urban didn't know.. It's shown he knew in 2009 at UF and his wife was communicating with the victim a lot.
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/report-urban-meyer-knew-about-2015-domestic-violence-incident-involving-ex-assistant/

https://www.facebook.com/TheBrettMcMurphy/posts/2042037522486968

McMurphy's entire report is obviously worth reading (https://www.facebook.com/TheBrettMcMurphy/posts/2042037522486968), but the pertinent information includes the following ...

Courtney Smith's text messages with Meyer's wife, Shelley, who at one point during a 2015 exchange said, "I am with you! A lot of women stay hoping it will get better. I don't blame you! But just want u to be safe. Do you have a restraining order? He scares me." Courtney added that Shelley was a "frequent texter."
Courtney's communication with wives of other Ohio State assistants and staffers. McMurphy writes that those wives "and a number of Ohio State assistant coaches were aware of Smith's domestic violence issues." Speaking with McMurphy, Courtney said, "All the [coaches] wives knew. They all did. Every single one."
A change in the police report for the domestic violence incident on Oct. 26, 2015. Per the Powell Police report, a box was checked indicating Zach Smith had been arrested. However, in a revised report, the Powell Police that arrest box was no longer checked. The PPD told McMurphy "The terminology used by the Police Department was different in the original report (dated 10/26/2015) and inconsistent with what actually occurred."
Courtney telling McMurphy the following: "Zach once told me, if he ever got fired and this all comes out: 'I'll take everyone at Ohio State down with me.'"

Perhaps the most damning piece of information from McMurphy's report (https://www.facebook.com/TheBrettMcMurphy/posts/2042037522486968) is an exchange between Courtney and Lindsey Voltolini in the weeks following the 2015 incident. Lindsey's husband Brian Voltolini is "considered one of Meyer's most loyal staff members," according to McMurphy.

Courtney: "[Zach's] trying to make me look crazy bc that's what Shelley is saying [he's doing]"
Lindsey: "[Urban] just said [Zach] denied everything"
Courtney: "I hope urban is smarter than that"
Lindsey: "[Urban] doesn't know what to think"
Courtney: "I don't really care. Ya know"
Lindsey: "Yeah, don't worry about urb"

LC Dawg
08-01-2018, 11:30 AM
If what is being alleged is true I can't see Meyer keeping his job. There are many reasons that women do not report domestic violence and one reason is stories like this in which people with power either don't believe them or ignore facts and it just gets worse for the victim.

Cooterpoot
08-01-2018, 11:43 AM
Florida should've waited

BigEasyDawg
08-01-2018, 11:48 AM
This is serious. Meyer turning a blind eye from a coach who he knew was abusing his wife. He should be gone.

Any man that would hit any women deserves to be publicly castrated...especially a man that hits a pregnant woman.

CadaverDawg
08-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Florida should've waited

Mullen shoulda waited. He could have gone to OSU and out of the SEC. Lol, I hope he's thinking that right now

TUSK
08-01-2018, 11:49 AM
Dang, I was hopin' MDL would make his ass quit a 3rd time...

Some Buckeye Faithful seem to think Urb is toast.

Bully13
08-01-2018, 11:52 AM
It's hitting the national airwaves now. It's blowing up. Bad Timing for Urban here with the me-too movement still going strong.

I'm predicting some bad shit for Urban and he may not be the only one who gets a pink slip.

msstate7
08-01-2018, 11:52 AM
Who will they go after? Doubt Herman would leave Texas. Wonder if they call franklin at penn state

BigEasyDawg
08-01-2018, 11:55 AM
With their history, Freezus would be a good fit.

mstatefan91
08-01-2018, 11:55 AM
Between Mullen looking at an NCAA investigation plus his lawsuit and Meyer looking at termination, I feel pretty good about our program lol

ShotgunDawg
08-01-2018, 11:57 AM
Ohio State looking for a coach may have just extended Orgeron.

They name an interim and either go after Mullen or Brohm after the season. Gotta check on David Shaw as well.

LSU is 17ed

msstate7
08-01-2018, 12:03 PM
I think y'all mistaken if you have Mullen going to Ohio state. They will get someone better, and I like Mullen

TrapGame
08-01-2018, 12:07 PM
Had Mullen stayed this season, starting today, would have been a resume builder for the Ohio State job. He would have coached his ass off. Now he's got a rebuild on his hands at Florida.

msstate7
08-01-2018, 12:25 PM
Wonder if bob stoops would be interested in coming back after a year off? That would be one of my first calls if I were OSU AD

TNDawg35
08-01-2018, 12:29 PM
Had Mullen stayed this season, starting today, would have been a resume builder for the Ohio State job. He would have coached his ass off. Now he's got a rebuild on his hands at Florida.

I think your exactly right. Mullen could have parlayed this season at State into a hell of a lot better situation in OSU.

Matt Luke will turn the job down***

OSU doesn't get retreads, unless it's Bob Stoops, so they will go after a big fish..

Dawg2003
08-01-2018, 12:41 PM
This could be a big mess for his wife to be because she is a nurse and teaches at OSU nursing school. Nurses are mandatory reporters of abuse. You can actually be criminally liable for willfully neglecting to report abuse as a healthcare professional.

mstatefan91
08-01-2018, 12:42 PM
Amazing that this isn't on the front page of ESPN.. They've been a strong advocate of #MeToo

BB30
08-01-2018, 12:44 PM
I think your exactly right. Mullen could have parlayed this season at State into a hell of a lot better situation in OSU.

Matt Luke will turn the job down***

OSU doesn't get retreads, unless it's Bob Stoops, so they will go after a big fish..

Yep, pretty funny actually. Mullen could have avoided the perennial losses to UGA and Bama. He would have had a cake walk to the playoffs at OSU. He would definitely have realistically been an option for OSU had he stayed and won 10 or 11 games here this coming season. Instead he is stuck at a place with extremely high borderline unrealistic expectations where he will consistently underperform on the recruiting trail.

EDIT to clarify, the means of which he would be getting the job isn't funny. Just the fact that he would have probably had a realistic shot at it assuming Urban is out.

Dawg2003
08-01-2018, 12:45 PM
This could be a big mess for his wife too because she is a nurse and teaches at OSU nursing school. Nurses are mandatory reporters of abuse. You can actually be criminally liable for willfully neglecting to report abuse as a healthcare professional.

mstatefan91
08-01-2018, 12:45 PM
Yep, pretty funny actually. Mullen could have avoided the perennial losses to UGA and Bama. He would have had a cake walk to the playoffs at OSU. He would definitely have realistically been an option for OSU had he stayed and won 10 or 11 games here this coming season. Instead he is stuck at a place with extremely high borderline unrealistic expectations where he will consistently underperform on the recruiting trail.
Not only that but it looks like UF might have the NCAA come a calling due to the "Tay Bangs" crap

LC Dawg
08-01-2018, 12:47 PM
Moorhead to OSU***

mstatefan91
08-01-2018, 12:50 PM
Moorhead to OSU***

If he does what we think he will this season... it isn't that laughable

ShotgunDawg
08-01-2018, 12:56 PM
Wonder if bob stoops would be interested in coming back after a year off? That would be one of my first calls if I were OSU AD

Great call

LC Dawg
08-01-2018, 01:03 PM
If he does what we think he will this season... it isn't that laughable

Anyone that wins at Mississippi State will have their names linked to other jobs. I'm curious to see how Moorhead handles it when it happens.

TUSK
08-01-2018, 02:28 PM
It's hitting the national airwaves now. It's blowing up. Bad Timing for Urban here with the me-too movement still going strong.

I'm predicting some bad shit for Urban and he may not be the only one who gets a pink slip.

I bet Greg Shiano is sweating, big time...

Bully13
08-01-2018, 03:50 PM
I bet Greg Shiano is sweating, big time...

hmmm, who knows, articles popping up that he may be Urban's replacement. Maybe Urban's the only one who gets canned because he lied about knowing about it.

RocketDawg
08-01-2018, 04:23 PM

Very true, if all the information is factual. And it might be a lot of them. The Columbus police department might be guilty of covering up for a college coach too (kinda like the Tallahassee guys did for Jamious because he was a football star).

RocketDawg
08-01-2018, 04:29 PM
This could be a big mess for his wife too because she is a nurse and teaches at OSU nursing school. Nurses are mandatory reporters of abuse. You can actually be criminally liable for willfully neglecting to report abuse as a healthcare professional.

The woman said she'd called the police so authorities were duly notified. I think Urban's problem, if he indeed has one, is lying about knowing about it.

Coldsleeve Jr.
08-01-2018, 04:31 PM
Jim Tressel is available*

MedDawg
08-01-2018, 04:39 PM

EDIT to clarify, the means of which he would be getting the job isn't funny. Just the fact that he would have probably had a realistic shot at it assuming Urban is out.

Can you imagine if Mullen left State for Ohio State in AUGUST? What a mess that would have been for us.

WSOPdawg
08-01-2018, 04:42 PM
Ohio State looking for a coach may have just extended Orgeron.

They name an interim and either go after Mullen or Brohm after the season. Gotta check on David Shaw as well.

LSU is 17ed

Or... LSU's replacement for Coach O is... Urban Meyer in 2019.

Bully13
08-01-2018, 04:48 PM
Or... LSU's replacement for Coach O is... Urban Meyer in 2019.

Shut JOE MOUF.

TUSK
08-01-2018, 04:58 PM
hmmm, who knows, articles popping up that he may be Urban's replacement. Maybe Urban's the only one who gets canned because he lied about knowing about it.

Well, Shiano is the Assoc. HC at OSU... But that PSU cloud may not be far enough behind him to get the OSU HC gig given the circumstances...

ShotgunDawg
08-01-2018, 05:10 PM
Urban put on paid leave. He gone

BiscuitEater
08-01-2018, 05:13 PM
Tressell fired over 'cover-up' .. year later, Urban hired .. now, Urban accused of 'cover-up' .. he gone!!

Turfdawg67
08-01-2018, 05:15 PM
Placed on Administrative leave just now.

TNDawg35
08-01-2018, 05:21 PM
If Mullen turned to leave his dream job* to go to OSU, that would be freakin awesome!! But I don't think he will. I still think the reason he went to UF was cause he knew Stricklin would let him do what he wanted and keep the country club a few more yrs...

msstate7
08-01-2018, 05:25 PM
Wow. I really like watching urban Meyer teams play too.

TUSK
08-01-2018, 05:49 PM
I bet ole Jim (Delaney) is mainlining Pepto, right now...

BeardoMSU
08-01-2018, 05:51 PM
Damn...college coaches and their lies/cover-ups...I know things have gotten crazy with salaries, and with it, inflated egos on their respective campus'. No one is above the law.

BeardoMSU
08-01-2018, 05:53 PM
(Delaney)

Speaking of Delaney**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgUttQ1F6G0

RocketDawg
08-01-2018, 06:28 PM
If Mullen turned to leave his dream job* to go to OSU, that would be freakin awesome!! But I don't think he will. I still think the reason he went to UF was cause he knew Stricklin would let him do what he wanted and keep the country club a few more yrs...

I seem to remember that Greg Byrne left us for his "dream job" at Arizona. Or at least it was his dream job until he got the Bama offer ....

parabrave
08-01-2018, 06:46 PM
Tressell fired over 'cover-up' .. year later, Urban hired .. now, Urban accused of 'cover-up' .. he gone!!
r
Well Urban wrote the Book " Art of the Coverup" while at UF.

bulldawg28
08-01-2018, 06:56 PM
Hire Urban tomorrow as an analyst

LC Dawg
08-01-2018, 07:58 PM
Urban is gone. The administrative leave is for giving OSU time to figure out whether they have to pay him or not.

WSOPdawg
08-01-2018, 08:05 PM
Shut JOE MOUF.

lolol -- just looking a little down the road, don't be surprised if Redstick doesn't make a play for him, especially if the Tigers disappoint in 2018.

Bothrops
08-01-2018, 08:10 PM
lolol -- just looking a little down the road, don't be surprised if Redstick doesn't make a play for him, especially if the Tigers disappoint in 2018.

It wouldn't happen that quick, if at all for LSU. That kind of stuff is a lot more serious than it used to be.

Mobile Bay
08-01-2018, 08:12 PM

If da coach O has the season I expect he will and misses a bowl, you bet they will.

SailingDawg
08-01-2018, 08:14 PM
Now if we could just do something about the President of the United States lying several times a day.

RocketDawg
08-01-2018, 08:16 PM
Wow. I really like watching urban Meyer teams play too.

I do too but I'm always afraid he's going to keel over with a heart attack right there on the field. ** Only partially joking .... it's happened to other coaches before.

RocketDawg
08-01-2018, 08:19 PM
Now if we could just do something about the President of the United States lying several times a day.

You wouldn't want to set a precedent would you?

PCHSDawg
08-01-2018, 08:24 PM

Obama isn't in office anymore, so we're good there.

Jack Lambert
08-01-2018, 08:33 PM

He will not coach another game.

Jack Lambert
08-01-2018, 08:34 PM

There's a political board.

Gutter Cobreh
08-01-2018, 08:36 PM

You wouldn't want to set a precedent would you?

Obama isn't in office anymore, so we're good there.

Isn't there another board for these comments? Can we keep these there, so the thread isn't locked?

I'd bet Urban isn't let go, since the authorities were involved. The Title IX may get him though, as there are serious ramifications to the school for violating that.

Jack Lambert
08-01-2018, 08:42 PM
Isn't there another board for these comments? Can we keep these there, so the thread isn't locked?

I'd bet Urban isn't let go, since the authorities were involved. The Title IX may get him though, as there are serious ramifications to the school for violating that.

There will be a lot of pressure OSU move on from Myers.

RocketDawg
08-01-2018, 09:03 PM

He wouldn't have been let go 20 years ago. But now ... might be. It's a different world now. I was surprised they fired Tressel. I guess we'll just have to see.

Gutter Cobreh
08-01-2018, 09:20 PM
He wouldn't have been let go 20 years ago. But now ... might be. It's a different world now. I was surprised they fired Tressel. I guess we'll just have to see.

You may be right. Interesting USA Today just posted on how he may be fired with cause.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2018/08/01/ohio-state-coach-urban-meyers-amended-contract-could-pose-problem/885020002/

Todd4State
08-01-2018, 09:37 PM

More often than not if you are suspended without pay while an investigation is ongoing at a job you're probably getting fired.

Commercecomet24
08-01-2018, 09:37 PM
Urban is done at osu and may be radioactive for awhile with this kind of stuff.

civildawg
08-01-2018, 09:47 PM
If he is gone, someone will get a heck of a coach in a couple of years

RocketDawg
08-01-2018, 09:50 PM
You may be right. Interesting USA Today just posted on how he may be fired with cause.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/bigten/2018/08/01/ohio-state-coach-urban-meyers-amended-contract-could-pose-problem/885020002/

Sounds like those additional provisions were written specifically for what's happening now, at least in retrospect. Is it possible that the school knew what was coming?

the_real_MSU_is_us
08-01-2018, 10:25 PM
Sounds like those additional provisions were written specifically for what's happening now, at least in retrospect. Is it possible that the school knew what was coming?

Doubt it, my guess is every P5 coach has a 30 pages in their contracts outlining ways they can be fired. Universities trying to avoid a $10M payout will cover their asses

Gutter Cobreh
08-01-2018, 10:26 PM

It's a bit coincidental isn't it? Why include the verbiage around what happened at other schools?

We'll see how it plays out, but there have been some great points made in this thread. I guess I'm 60-40 he stays employed as of right now.

Gutter Cobreh
08-01-2018, 10:30 PM
Doubt it, my guess is every P5 coach has a 30 pages in their contracts outlining ways they can be fired. Universities trying to avoid a $10M payout will cover their asses

Maybe so, but these specific provisions were added to his last contract extension signed 3 months ago...

preachermatt83
08-01-2018, 11:44 PM
If he is fired then he's done coaching. He almost got out for good after leaving UF. He has other things he wants to do.

parabrave
08-02-2018, 12:54 AM

Well everyone except Coach O. The gift that keeps on giving.

Bully13
08-02-2018, 09:23 AM
If he is gone, someone will get a heck of a coach in a couple of years

but maybe not so much a heck of a person?

TUSK
08-02-2018, 10:59 AM
I wonder if MDL has another “rehab” left in him. Urban needs some heppin.

Gutter Cobreh
08-02-2018, 12:29 PM
I wonder if MDL has another ?rehab? left in him. Urban needs some heppin.

Doubtful even Saban could "rehab" him... This isn't like reshaping a Joey Freshwater. We're talking about trying to reform someone who has had everything from an Aaron Hernandez down to a stalker/abusive assistant coach on staff for multiple years and everything in between (which is A LOT).

I could be wrong though, he could hires Briles as his OC and Meyer as his DC and probably win with minimal distraction, since has run through more coordinators than Shotgun has posts on here...

Johnson85
08-02-2018, 02:41 PM
If what is being alleged is true I can't see Meyer keeping his job. There are many reasons that women do not report domestic violence and one reason is stories like this in which people with power either don't believe them or ignore facts and it just gets worse for the victim.

Reporting it to the authorities and not being believed is one thing.

But I suspect most domestic violence victims prefer that their abuser not lose their jobs because they want them to be able to pay alimony and/or child support.

lefty96
08-02-2018, 02:45 PM
Fire in the hole!

https://www.projectveritas.com/2018/08/02/an-unfair-game-urban-meyer-a-history-of-abuse/

Johnson85
08-02-2018, 02:51 PM
Urban is gone. The administrative leave is for giving OSU time to figure out whether they have to pay him or not.

They might also be reaching out to agents to figure out what their options are for this fall. Or maybe getting an idea of options for next fall if they make Schiano the interim for this fall.

lefty96
08-02-2018, 02:54 PM
It's a bit coincidental isn't it? Why include the verbiage around what happened at other schools?

To keep your school from being the next one in the headlines. . . You do this and the athletics dept is being pro-active. If something happens, it's on the coach.

Johnson85
08-02-2018, 03:09 PM
To keep your school from being the next one in the headlines. . . You do this and the athletics dept is being pro-active. If something happens, it's on the coach.

You definitely include language based on what has happened at other schools. But the language limiting his obligation to instances related to university events limits his obligation and seems to do so with exactly this situation in mind. I'm guessing at least Meyer's lawyer was addressing this situation, and possibly both sides were attempting to protect Meyer from this exact situation.

Goldendawg
08-02-2018, 08:55 PM
Doubtful even Saban could "rehab" him... This isn't like reshaping a Joey Freshwater. We're talking about trying to reform someone who has had everything from an Aaron Hernandez down to a stalker/abusive assistant coach on staff for multiple years and everything in between (which is A LOT).

I could be wrong though, he could hires Briles as his OC and Meyer as his DC and probably win with minimal distraction, since has run through more coordinators than Shotgun has posts on here...

Don't forget Festus to coach TE's & WR's.

TheRef
08-03-2018, 04:07 PM
Statement from Urban Meyer today

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Djs4_gCUwAAh-bn.jpg

1bigdawg
08-03-2018, 04:32 PM
Interpreting Urban: I told my bosses about the abuse, but I lied at media days about even knowing about it. Sorry.

Did he really "[elevate] the issues to the proper channels?" If so, I believe he survives. If not, he is history.

Bully13
08-03-2018, 05:04 PM
At This Point, What Difference Does it Make? ****

Sorry, Just a Little Frisky at 5PM on a Friday.

RocketDawg
08-03-2018, 10:17 PM
Interpreting Urban: I told my bosses about the abuse, but I lied at media days about even knowing about it. Sorry.

Did he really "[elevate] the issues to the proper channels?" If so, I believe he survives. If not, he is history.

That's believable. I can see him trying to protect a privacy issue. If he told his superiors, did they do anything about it?

Note that he mentioned "The" Ohio State University. I suppose that's the official name but it sounds a bit pompous.

TheRef
08-03-2018, 10:33 PM
That's believable. I can see him trying to protect a privacy issue. If he told his superiors, did they do anything about it?

Note that he mentioned "The" Ohio State University. I suppose that's the official name but it sounds a bit pompous.

Yes. Officially they are The Ohio State University

BeardoMSU
08-03-2018, 10:43 PM
Yeah, Urban is full of shit.