PDA

View Full Version : Mingo to the plantation

starkvegasdawg
07-31-2018, 05:34 PM
Man, that NCAA probation is killing them having to settle for 4 star players.

Turfdawg67
07-31-2018, 05:41 PM
Hahaha! Where are those few that thought they got hammered and how those "limited" unofficial visits were going to be a critical blow. 17 the NCAA. Open up the pocketbooks boys, nobody cares!

msstate7
07-31-2018, 05:43 PM
Remember when the days of settling for 3-star WRs and OLs were over when the "country club" left?

Pollodawg
07-31-2018, 05:50 PM
What a waste. But, what’s it to State if he doesn’t care about his college career at a all?

Dawgology
07-31-2018, 05:51 PM
26 committed. Those limited scholarships are hell!! lmfao

That being said, when (not if...when) Ole Miss has to drop a committed player I wonder if the Clarion Ledger will run an expose on it like they did with State a few years back. Guess we will see.

Turfdawg67
07-31-2018, 06:09 PM
Remember when the days of settling for 3-star WRs and OLs were over when the "country club" left?

Hmmm... well, Dec/Feb is signing day and considering this is July and this is the new staffs first recruiting class... I'd say this is just a little 17'n premature. But please, melt away.

msstate7
07-31-2018, 06:14 PM
Hmmm... well, Dec/Feb is signing day and considering this is July and this is the new staffs first recruiting class... I'd say this is just a little 17'n premature. But please, melt away.

Please tell me the 4-star WRs or OL we will get.

And for the record, I've said we will be fine as long as we continue to coach well. I never bought into this fantasy that we are becoming a borderline top 10 type recruiting team. We aren't. We won't. We can still be a good program, but great is a pipe dream. Mullen was great for our program. He wasn't this alleged weight holding us down

Rick Danko
07-31-2018, 06:19 PM
Sigh.... another 4 years watching OM chuck it all over the damn field to elite receivers while we play with our spuds

msstate7
07-31-2018, 06:20 PM
Sigh.... another 4 years watching OM chuck it all over the damn field to elite receivers while we play with our spuds

They just got a 4-star OT from Arkansas to block too

Rick Danko
07-31-2018, 06:23 PM

Boy the NCAA really showed them....

maroonmania
07-31-2018, 06:23 PM

And for the record, I've said we will be fine as long as we continue to coach well. I never bought into this fantasy that we are becoming a borderline top 10 type recruiting team. We aren't. We won't. We can still be a good program, but great is a pipe dream. Mullen was great for our program. He wasn't this alleged weight holding us down

Yep, afraid this class is going to fall right back into the mid to low 20s just like most of Mullen's classes. It may not be country club recruiting but looks like we may end up with about the same results. How is Moorhead gonna run a 3 WR offense when he can't get our share of the top WRs in our recruiting area?

jacksondawg
07-31-2018, 06:26 PM
17 I need a stiff drink after all this bad news

Turfdawg67
07-31-2018, 06:27 PM

Jackson and/or Mingo could wind up at State... no one has signed yet. And Torbor could very easily get his 4th star back, although doubtful. My point is that you are saying it's same ole - same ole and this staff hasn't even had a full year recruiting yet.

Maybe JoMo, Huff & co. have just been trying to do it the "right way" and now see that their main rival, who's on probation, is back to their normal ways, and we'll get back in the "game" with some of these kids.

Jack Lambert
07-31-2018, 07:07 PM
Jackson and/or Mingo could wind up at State... no one has signed yet. And Torbor could very easily get his 4th star back, although doubtful. My point is that you are saying it's same ole - same ole and this staff hasn't even had a full year recruiting yet.

Maybe JoMo, Huff & co. have just been trying to do it the "right way" and now see that their main rival, who's on probation, is back to their normal ways, and we'll get back in the "game" with some of these kids.

Ole Miss is back! At lest with the private messaging that got expose we know how they do it and they pretend to be kids while doing it. I still say we finish higher then them in recruiting.

thf24
07-31-2018, 07:11 PM
I don't understand why the same among us who have been warning us that it's only July in regards to our own commits are acting like it's over when others commit elsewhere.

Jack Lambert
07-31-2018, 07:13 PM
Ole Miss is back! At lest with the private messaging that got expose we know how they do it and they pretend to be kids while doing it. I still say we finish higher then them in recruiting.

Also I see him in the gym with his dad all the time. I have never seen him wearing Ole Miss Gear. It's always Miss State or Brandon Bulldogs.

Jack Lambert
07-31-2018, 07:14 PM
I don't understand why the same among us who have been warning us that it's only July in regards to our own commits are acting like it's over when others commit elsewhere.

If it was Mullen and Staff I would say it's over but with the new one and having the recruiters we have that will bust their ass I say it's not over.

msstate7
07-31-2018, 07:14 PM

I'm sure there are instances, but I can't think of many where we flipped OM, auburn, bama, Georgia, etc recruits

Homedawg
07-31-2018, 07:16 PM

Because, as a rule, we don't flip em back. And yeah new staff, same Indian burial ground.

Jack Lambert
07-31-2018, 07:18 PM
I'm sure there are instances, but I can't think of many where we flipped OM, auburn, bama, Georgia, etc recruits

New staff, new rules. Also when they visit our SEC games being played at night with the stadium full and they a have to compare it to Ole Miss Stadium half empty. I like our chances. Ole Miss is not going to be good and judging by the lack of season ticket sells and the spring game attendance at Ole Miss, they are going have to throw money and ***** at them.

shannondawg
07-31-2018, 07:38 PM
Does ***** mean what I think it does? Powerful recruiting tool.

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-31-2018, 07:39 PM
New staff, new rules. Also when they visit our SEC games being played at night with the stadium full and they a have to compare it to Ole Miss Stadium half empty. I like our chances. Ole Miss is not going to be good and judging by the lack of season ticket sells and the spring game attendance at Ole Miss, they are going have to throw money and ***** at them.

I think you just killed your point. OM recruits aren't committing because of the atmosphere, elite staff, NFL history, or projected future wins. They are committing because the $$$ are higher... maybe a little because the depth chart is bad so they'll see the field sooner. Neither of those things goes away by a bad year with lo ticket sales. Guys who commit to South Carolina are probably more interested in attendance and W-L than OM commits are, for example. Our recruits are being sold on building a SEC contender, and so if we somehow went 6-6 we'd lose more recruits than OM would going 5-7.

Now, will some OM recruits be turned off by the on-field performance? Maybe a few. We can hope Mingo is one of them. However I don't think it'll be a big deal overall for the class

CadaverDawg
07-31-2018, 07:48 PM
Glad this past weekend wasn't our big recruiting weekend. Can't wait for that weekend*

Beaver
07-31-2018, 07:58 PM
I don't see a good reason for all of this whining. Ole Miss is going to suck at football this year. Ole Miss is going to suck at football next year. If Moorhead can win the games Mullen couldn't, the recruiting will take care of itself.

gravedigger
07-31-2018, 08:13 PM
Yep, afraid this class is going to fall right back into the mid to low 20s just like most of Mullen's classes. It may not be country club recruiting but looks like we may end up with about the same results. How is Moorhead gonna run a 3 WR offense when he can't get our share of the top WRs in our recruiting area?

Probably by not giving a $!@$ about what Yancy and Steve think are top recruiting classes.

whosyourdawgy
07-31-2018, 08:15 PM
Looking at 247 composite rankings Ole Miss is 13th with 27 commits(6 4*). We are now sitting at 19th with the loss of Jackson with 16 commits(6 4*). We still have the higher avg per player. If they had 16 commits w their 6 4*’s they’d be below us still. The ONLY reason they are 13th is the number of commits. Period. Even with the 2 stid wr’s and olineman from today. Quit freakin the f#$& out before the season even gets under way. We are still in solid shape in my opinion and have the best recruiters we’ve had in a long long time

Mutt the Hoople
07-31-2018, 08:33 PM
If we're 9-3/10-2 and om is 1-11, look for some flipping.

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-31-2018, 08:34 PM
Probably by not giving a $!@$ about what Yancy and Steve think are top recruiting classes.

If the staff was targeting Scurry over Mingo/Jackson, then I'd agree with you that we should trust their evaluations. However, the staff is targeting Mingo and Jackson; they themselves have said those are the elite WRs this class. If we miss on them it's only rational to say the WR's we got are lesser. Same with any non-Emery RB, or any low 3* OL we take late. I'm letting the staffs' own actions tell me who's the best players, and I'll judge our final class by how far down the board we have to go to fill out the class

KOdawg1
07-31-2018, 08:35 PM

Joe needs to beat that ass on Thanksgiving. Go into their house and run the score up. Then call Jackson and Mingo and ask them what's up

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-31-2018, 08:40 PM
Looking at 247 composite rankings Ole Miss is 13th with 27 commits(6 4*). We are now sitting at 19th with the loss of Jackson with 16 commits(6 4*). We still have the higher avg per player. If they had 16 commits w their 6 4*’s they’d be below us still. The ONLY reason they are 13th is the number of commits. Period. Even with the 2 stid wr’s and olineman from today. Quit freakin the f#$& out before the season even gets under way. We are still in solid shape in my opinion and have the best recruiters we’ve had in a long long time

Nobody is saying OM has the better class. However, I want OM to be 0-12 every year for eternity. I'f they are recruiting only slightly worse than us, that means it will be hard fr us to separate yourself on the flied which makes it harder to separate ourselves in them minds of recruits.

Also, it isn't just that OM is getting good player, it's who those players are. They've flipped 2 and won a battle with another, 2 of those being at positions of need for us. Their success is not just making them better, but making us worse

ShotgunDawg
07-31-2018, 08:40 PM

The WRs they are getting aren't close to what they're losing. Don't forget that.

ShotgunDawg
07-31-2018, 08:42 PM
I don't see a good reason for all of this whining. Ole Miss is going to suck at football this year. Ole Miss is going to suck at football next year. If Moorhead can win the games Mullen couldn't, the recruiting will take care of itself.

Yes, but we are losing players to them that will play meaningless careers at OM that would get us closer to Atlanta

Lord McBuckethead
07-31-2018, 08:43 PM
Amen. If dude wants to go there, so be it. It's his choice.

Lord McBuckethead
07-31-2018, 08:44 PM
Also note, with AJ Brown they are only going to win 6 games maybe. No one they have committed is as good as that dude.

TrapGame
07-31-2018, 08:56 PM
Nothing will ever change with ole miss. This kind of shit has been happening for a long time.

Jack Lambert
07-31-2018, 08:57 PM
Also note, with AJ Brown they are only going to win 6 games maybe. No one they have committed is as good as that dude.

Just think where state would be this season if AJ came to here. I am sure on some level he regrets his decision.

ShotgunDawg
07-31-2018, 09:05 PM
Just think where state would be this season if AJ came to here. I am sure on some level he regrets his decision.

This is why we should be upset.

WRs are choosing play meaninglessness careers there instead of competing for championships here.

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-31-2018, 09:12 PM

Exactly, if AJ was here we should be ranked at least 5 spots higher than we should as is. That's why all this "who cares?" "if they want to go to OM we don't want them" and "So what if they get this recruit/ Our class overall is still better" is dumb. One player can be the difference you need. Saban and Kirby and Meyer and Dabo don't go "sweet, got 20 good players commited already... lets just take 5 scrubs to fill out the class since those guys don't matter". They still push for the best possible players in every slot because they know the 25th player in a class could be the difference. Mingo, Jackson, Black, their losses could easily wind up costing us games. To say they don't matter is dumb

Pit Bull
07-31-2018, 09:51 PM
"Who dat say we out cruit' dem bears....who dat?....who dat? Who dat say we out pay dem bears?....who dat?...who dat? Who dat say dem dogs eat sharks?....who dat? who dat? Who dat say Rosebowl ain't shit....who dat...who dat"

BuckyIsAB****
07-31-2018, 10:13 PM

If Mullen is still the HC at MSU we dont have Cunningham, Russell, Ani, Pickering, or Jones committed. Think what you want but that is a fact

Pit Bull
07-31-2018, 10:21 PM

Gotem' a damn good 4 star DE too out of NE Miss. Juco too. Looks like cruitin' is really picking up on the plantation.

msstate7
07-31-2018, 10:31 PM
If Mullen is still the HC at MSU we dont have Cunningham, Russell, Ani, Pickering, or Jones committed. Think what you want but that is a fact

We are a preseason top 20 team that is considered a dark horse sec contender. We've won 9 games 3 of the last 4 years. This acting like Mullen was terrible is getting old. I think it was time for him to move on, but Mullen was awesome with us and left us in great shape. I hardly think we'd be in terrible shape had he stayed

BuckyIsAB****
07-31-2018, 10:38 PM
We are a preseason top 20 team that is considered a dark horse sec contender. We've won 9 games 3 of the last 4 years. This acting like Mullen was terrible is getting old. I think it was time for him to move on, but Mullen was awesome with us and left us in great shape. I hardly think we'd be in terrible shape had he stayed

We'd know he would be using us to go somwhere else and once we lost to bama he would mail it in if we were having a good year.

If hes so great why is UF recruiting like shit since rankings matter so much to some of yall? Maybe he tries down there but he thought he was better than us since 2010

msstate7
07-31-2018, 10:42 PM
We'd know he would be using us to go somwhere else and once we lost to bama he would mail it in if we were having a good year.

If hes so great why is UF recruiting like shit since rankings matter so much to some of yall? Maybe he tries down there but he thought he was better than us since 2010

If he's so terrible, how did we get this talented team?

Bothrops
07-31-2018, 10:42 PM

This is true, and you can add Shrader to the list. He would be committed to SC.

msstate7
07-31-2018, 10:45 PM
We'll finish 9-10th in sec final recruiting rankings like always. I would love to be wrong, but I'll take any bet that says we finish higher

BuckyIsAB****
07-31-2018, 10:50 PM

Because recruiting rankings are flawed and too many live and die by ''talent profiles''

BuckyIsAB****
07-31-2018, 10:51 PM

I didnt say he was terrible but he wasnt all in. And that is terrible

dawgday166
07-31-2018, 11:06 PM

I'm disappointed a good bit too.

I agree with you that Mullen can be pretty darn good when he wants to be. I expect FL to be much improved. He can recruit some when he applies himself too.

But he was like a deer in the headlights in big games or 2 min drills, and when we had 8 wins going into OM game he sucked big time. I'm just thankful that when he doesn't know what to do late in game now, I won't be watching our QB designed run that everyone on earth knows is coming. If he loses Grantham he'll be in trouble. No good DCs really want to work with him.

I made a mistake and starting following recruiting some again. I'm through until signing day now. It can turn around I guess, but our targets list on 247 doesn't look that promising to me ... maybe I'm wrong tho and maybe that ain't all of them.

Only way to get in the big time recruiting game ... to have a discreet network passing out the $$. There are a few of our recruits on team now I'm thinking that may have happened with too. Not sure but suspicious I am.

It may take JoMo a couple of years to figure it out some recruiting wise. That's ok. JoMo is straight arrow I'm thinking ... SEC recruiting you can't be like that 100%. I do think he'll put his heart and soul into it more than Mullen did and I think long term he'll be pretty good.

Hope we have really good season. I'm too wooly going in ... which ain't usually a good thing. I'm wooly usually == we flop.

preachermatt83
07-31-2018, 11:12 PM
We'll finish 9-10th in sec final recruiting rankings like always. I would love to be wrong, but I'll take any bet that says we finish higher

Your freakouts paired with your Mullen slobbery is getting out of hand.

msstate7
07-31-2018, 11:16 PM
Your freakouts paired with your Mullen slobbery is getting out of hand.

So, you taking the under? Whats the stakes?

preachermatt83
07-31-2018, 11:22 PM
So, you taking the under? Whats the stakes?

I have no idea where we end up, it's August... the season hasn't even started.

Pit Bull
08-01-2018, 05:51 AM

OM wont go 1-11. They look more like 5-7 or 6-6. If they win their NCAA appeal, then the Egg Bowl could be the game that awards them a regular season-ending bowl. I hope they don't have that to play for, but the way their luck is rolling, it wouldn't surprise me.

msbulldog
08-01-2018, 06:50 AM

He is a weight holding Florida down '39th'.

ShotgunDawg
08-01-2018, 07:06 AM
Only way to get in the big time recruiting game ... to have a discreet network passing out the $$. There are a few of our recruits on team now I'm thinking that may have happened with too. Not sure but suspicious I am.

It may take JoMo a couple of years to figure it out some recruiting wise. That's ok. JoMo is straight arrow I'm thinking ... SEC recruiting you can't be like that 100%. I do think he'll put his heart and soul into it more than Mullen did and I think long term he'll be pretty good.

Great quote and something that was misunderstood when people asked Moorhead about his ability to recruit in the South.

Sure, part of recruiting in the South is building relationships but it's so much more.

It's that "so much more part" that people who have never coached in the SEC simply don't and can't understand.

I believe JoMo will recruit well in the future at MSU but July 2018 was a baptism by fire for him and a month that I hope helps him grow into the coach he can be for us. June was good but it was almost too easy.

He needs to learn quick.

thf24
08-01-2018, 08:10 AM

By identifying unrealized talent in many cases and getting lucky in a few. There are very few players on this team that he fought and won tough recruiting battles with equally or more prestigious programs for, and failing to get more of those kind of guys is half the reason he got close a few times here but never broke through. This year's team may have been the one for him, but that's one team in ten cycles that doesn't have massive question marks in some areas going into the season due to recruiting failures (still some small question marks).

HoopsDawg
08-01-2018, 08:22 AM
Ole Miss' 2 highest rated commits will never show up on campus. Take out Ealy and Black when you are looking at their class.

tcdog70
08-01-2018, 08:39 AM
Damn, so many of ya'll have serious Ole Miss Recruting-phobias. Who on here actually thought that the NCAA deal was going to stop Ole Miss from doing Ole Miss things? They are who we thought they are--get over it. Our Team is fixing to open a can of whoop-ass up and Here is some whiney ass State fans crying about Ole Miss recruiting.. Just Damn.

msstate7
08-01-2018, 08:42 AM
By identifying unrealized talent in many cases and getting lucky in a few. There are very few players on this team that he fought and won tough recruiting battles with equally or more prestigious programs for, and failing to get more of those kind of guys is half the reason he got close a few times here but never broke through. This year's team may have been the one for him, but that's one team in ten cycles that doesn't have massive question marks in some areas going into the season due to recruiting failures (still some small question marks).

We are in the most brutal recruiting conference in the country. We're among the bottom in recruiting budget. We share a small state with another sec team. We will always have misses and some question marks headed into a season.

Ari Gold
08-01-2018, 08:45 AM

HE didn’t.
Now you can believe what you want or whatever.
Yes he was the head guy here , but he had little to do with most of this talent being here.
You can call me out, say that’s BS, or I don’t like Mullen whatever.

msstate7
08-01-2018, 08:48 AM
HE didn’t.
Yes he was the head guy here , but he had little to do with most of this talent being here.
You can call me out, say that’s BS, or I don’t like Mullen whatever.

If Mullen doesn't get credit for the talent on campus, he shouldn't get blamed for misses. Can't have it both ways

Political Hack
08-01-2018, 08:52 AM
Remember the melt over Tobias and Snoop? That was epic. Biggest one ever was CJ "Daddy said your word is your bond" Johnson though.

If anyone thought an SEC school that's got deep pockets and people committed to cheating was going to plummet in recruiting they have another thing coming. It will hurt them and slow them down some, but they're not about to sign a class full of 2 stars. They'd risk the death penalty before that happens.

Ari Gold
08-01-2018, 08:57 AM
If Mullen doesn't get credit for the talent on campus, he shouldn't get blamed for misses. Can't have it both ways

Misses are on thing,
Never being in consideration is another

If you want to argue Mullen is a solid coach then that’s one thing
But if you want to try and defend his recruiting you just need to stop.

Ari Gold
08-01-2018, 09:03 AM
Remember the melt over Tobias and Snoop? That was epic. Biggest one ever was CJ "Daddy said your word is your bond" Johnson though.

If anyone thought an SEC school that's got deep pockets and people committed to cheating was going to plummet in recruiting they have another thing coming. It will hurt them and slow them down some, but they're not about to sign a class full of 2 stars. They'd risk the death penalty before that happens.

Correct.
Plus the smart boosters there know they got off with a slap on wrist but make it sound like it was the apocalypse. That’s well played

Liverpooldawg
08-01-2018, 09:43 AM

Exactly.

fishwater99
08-01-2018, 10:27 AM

AJ is the best WR from MS in along time, maybe ever...

Homedawg
08-01-2018, 10:32 AM

He's a stud. Don't have the energy to look up the people on here that said he was way overrated out of hs. Hahaha.

fader2103
08-01-2018, 10:50 AM
If the staff was targeting Scurry over Mingo/Jackson, then I'd agree with you that we should trust their evaluations. However, the staff is targeting Mingo and Jackson; they themselves have said those are the elite WRs this class. If we miss on them it's only rational to say the WR's we got are lesser. Same with any non-Emery RB, or any low 3* OL we take late. I'm letting the staffs' own actions tell me who's the best players, and I'll judge our final class by how far down the board we have to go to fill out the class

We can be targeting a lot of receivers, You don't know where any of them stand on our big board.

fader2103
08-01-2018, 10:54 AM
We are in the most brutal recruiting conference in the country. We're among the bottom in recruiting budget. We share a small state with another sec team. We will always have misses and some question marks headed into a season.

THIS

sleepy dawg
08-01-2018, 11:02 AM
I think you just killed your point. OM recruits aren't committing because of the atmosphere, elite staff, NFL history, or projected future wins. They are committing because the $$$ are higher... maybe a little because the depth chart is bad so they'll see the field sooner. Neither of those things goes away by a bad year with lo ticket sales. Guys who commit to South Carolina are probably more interested in attendance and W-L than OM commits are, for example. Our recruits are being sold on building a SEC contender, and so if we somehow went 6-6 we'd lose more recruits than OM would going 5-7.

Now, will some OM recruits be turned off by the on-field performance? Maybe a few. We can hope Mingo is one of them. However I don't think it'll be a big deal overall for the class

And prostitutes. Don't forget the prostitutes for the kids.

BB30
08-01-2018, 12:56 PM
Does it suck absolutely, but, there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. Either our recruiting will pick up again before signing day or it won't.

One thing we do know for sure is that the staff we have now is busting it on the recruiting trail and that is all that we can honestly expect from them. That and winning football games. I assure you none of the coaches are throwing in the proverbial towel. Some of these recruiting battles are far from over. Let it play out and once the dust settles lets see where we are. No point in freaking out in July.

The season cannot get here quick enough.

archdawg
08-01-2018, 01:11 PM
Does it suck absolutely, but, there is absolutely nothing we can do about it. Either our recruiting will pick up again before signing day or it won't.

One thing we do know for sure is that the staff we have now is busting it on the recruiting trail and that is all that we can honestly expect from them. That and winning football games. I assure you none of the coaches are throwing in the proverbial towel. Some of these recruiting battles are far from over. Let it play out and once the dust settles lets see where we are. No point in freaking out in July.

The season cannot get here quick enough.

Amen. Momentum comes and goes. Hopefully ours comes back, but if for some reason it doesn’t, it isn’t for lack of trying.

Tbonewannabe
08-01-2018, 01:44 PM

Jerry Rice says hello, also Eric Moulds.

fishwater99
08-01-2018, 02:14 PM
Jerry Rice says hello, also Eric Moulds.

Forgot about Rice. He could easily have a great NFL career, time will tell.

Coach007
08-01-2018, 03:07 PM
All I know is we have fallen to 19th in recruiting and they are at 11th while on probation.

Political Hack
08-01-2018, 03:36 PM
He's a stud. Don't have the energy to look up the people on here that said he was way overrated out of hs. Hahaha.

I don't think I ever said it here but I thought he was overrated in high school based on his film. I think that about all WRs though. In this instance I was wrong. I think he's the best WR in the country now, at least that I've seen.

tcdog70
08-01-2018, 04:09 PM

Lance Alworth would disgree if he could

Tbonewannabe
08-01-2018, 04:15 PM
Forgot about Rice. He could easily have a great NFL career, time will tell.

Eric Moulds was a faster and more athletic version of AJ Brown. AJ doesn't have the speed to lead the country in kickoff return yardage. I have yet to see AJ catch a jump ball with his cleats even with a DBs stomach. Moulds also ended up as the #2 all time Bills receiver behind that hall of famer Andre Reed only without a Hall of Fame QB throwing to him.

Todd4State
08-01-2018, 04:36 PM

Better than Jerry Rice? I doubt it.

Todd4State
08-01-2018, 04:39 PM
HE didn?t.
You can call me out, say that?s BS, or I don?t like Mullen whatever.

Case in point- most of our highly recruited players were on the defensive side of the ball. Which is the side that the country club as not on.

Jack Lambert
08-01-2018, 08:37 PM

And all the preseason hype we are getting is going to drive them to do really crazy things.

HoopsDawg
08-01-2018, 10:26 PM
All I know is we have fallen to 19th in recruiting and they are at 11th while on probation.

Again, their 2 highest rated recruits will not step foot on campus.

Schultzy
08-01-2018, 11:18 PM
This board is melting over two wr’s. Honestly, y’all are so young and stupid.

TALL DAWG
08-02-2018, 07:58 AM
Better than Jerry Rice? I doubt it.

Better than JR....HELL NO....!!!!

And, to think JR grew up within 15 miles of Starkvegas...oh, nevermind....:(

msstate7
08-02-2018, 09:21 AM
This board is melting over two wr?s. Honestly, y?all are so young and stupid.

Not true. I'm more upset that in the best year for Mississippi recruiting, maybe ever, we will get 2 of the top 10 in state. We can spin it anyway we want, but you can't win big in the sec if you can't win recruiting battles in your own state

Spiderman
08-02-2018, 11:22 AM
Great quote and something that was misunderstood when people asked Moorhead about his ability to recruit in the South.

Sure, part of recruiting in the South is building relationships but it's so much more.

It's that "so much more part" that people who have never coached in the SEC simply don't and can't understand.

I believe JoMo will recruit well in the future at MSU but July 2018 was a baptism by fire for him and a month that I hope helps him grow into the coach he can be for us. June was good but it was almost too easy.

He needs to learn quick.

I know 1st hand that a certain new staff member is "totally shocked" at what kids around here are actually looking for when deciding where to go to school compared to the ones they were used to recruiting.

It damn sure ain't academics, tradition, nice facilities, or pretty campuses.

Spiderman
08-02-2018, 11:22 AM
Not true. I'm more upset that in the best year for Mississippi recruiting, maybe ever, we will get 2 of the top 10 in state. We can spin it anyway we want, but you can't win big in the sec if you can't win recruiting battles in your own state

yep

TALL DAWG
08-02-2018, 11:46 AM
I know 1st hand that a certain new staff member is "totally shocked" at what kids around here are actually looking for when deciding where to go to school compared to the ones they were used to recruiting.

Ok, so that leaves Co-Eds and $.
Anything else?

Spiderman
08-02-2018, 12:09 PM
Ok, so that leaves Co-Eds and $.
Anything else?

Here's a hint....... it ain't co-eds

Tbonewannabe
08-02-2018, 12:16 PM
Here's a hint....... it ain't co-eds

When UM is paying people just to take an official visit then it kind of puts an expectation out there.

Spiderman
08-02-2018, 12:32 PM
When UM is paying people just to take an official visit then it kind of puts an expectation out there.

I loved the thought out there that they would just shut down after the NCAA deal.

Shut down?

Hell, they already had one NOA from the NCAA and there were investigators on campus while they were STILL paying recruits. Coaches and boosters.

Think about that. So they were gonna quit because they got a bowl ban and lost a couple of schollys?

ShotgunDawg
08-02-2018, 01:12 PM

Yup. Hopefully they learn quick.

Jack Lambert
08-02-2018, 01:33 PM
I loved the thought out there that they would just shut down after the NCAA deal.

Shut down?

Hell, they already had one NOA from the NCAA and there were investigators on campus while they were STILL paying recruits. Coaches and boosters.

Think about that. So they were gonna quit because they got a bowl ban and lost a couple of schollys?

SMU got a slap on the wrist for paying players the first time but I agree with your point.

fishwater99
08-02-2018, 01:39 PM

Well if you take out the 2 that aren't going to college next year we will get 3 - 5 of the Top 10.

msstate7
08-02-2018, 02:06 PM
Well if you take out the 2 that aren't going to college next year we will get 3 - 5 of the Top 10.

Better. We still need to be getting more of the elite guys.

fishwater99
08-02-2018, 03:13 PM
Better. We still need to be getting more of the elite guys.

It Doesn't help that Bama comes in and takes who they want every damn year.

Turfdawg67
08-02-2018, 03:40 PM

Shut down?

I posted a scenario right after the NOA about OM boosters sitting around laughing that with all the smoke, the NCAA found little fire and then gave them a love tap. I said then that they would be right back in business. Not many agreed and most said they'd be scared of being a "repeat offender"! Ha! They nor the NCAA gives a damn.

Wish I knew how to find that post.

msstate7
08-02-2018, 03:44 PM
It Doesn't help that Bama comes in and takes who they want every damn year.

No, it doesn't