PDA

View Full Version : It's summer! Random Topic- who was in the wrong here?

Todd4State
07-31-2018, 05:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Luxa8QkvjNs

Was the official that Stephens got into a fight with the alternate official?

I had heard about this incident but I'm just now bored enough to see the video.

The video is NSFW due to language.

Rick Danko
07-31-2018, 06:31 PM
Buddy is an embarrassment plain and simple

msbulldog
08-01-2018, 06:34 AM
The ref as an alternate should not have been involved in the first place and he pushed Buddy first. Clearly the ref was at fault.

Bully13
08-01-2018, 07:59 AM
I just watched once and thought the coach was out of line getting in the ref's face like that with the f-bombs from the get go. Ref should have backed off and not thrown the 1st blow but damn that coach is an ass.

TXDawg
08-01-2018, 08:00 AM
Buddy is a hothead and an embarrassment, but in this particular case, I'd say the official was in the wrong. Not sure what he did initially to set Buddy off, but he absolutely escalated it and turned it from verbal to physical.

tcdog70
08-01-2018, 08:44 AM
Buddy, is over the top, but He wins. So he gets by with that shit--That shit also cost Scooba Tech a National Championship with the Ms Delta fiasco. he has tried to calm down a little since then. Just keep beating the crap out of teams and Buddy will be Buddy--no problem.

Political Hack
08-01-2018, 08:56 AM
I think the guy has a great heart, he's just more competitive and hot spirited than most. I've seen Saban lose it on people too, but he didn't agree to let a Netflix film crew follow him around with a camera 24/7 either. I can promise you a lot of coaches would get blasted if they were 100% exposed. Chris Wilson was one of the filthiest human beings on earth the way he talked to players, but he keeps landing jobs.

spbdawg
08-01-2018, 09:07 AM
#

Bully13
08-01-2018, 10:30 AM
Each side was wrong and neither side was right. That video was hard to watch.

this.

Homedawg
08-01-2018, 10:59 AM
I think the guy has a great heart, he's just more competitive and hot spirited than most. I've seen Saban lose it on people too, but he didn't agree to let a Netflix film crew follow him around with a camera 24/7 either. I can promise you a lot of coaches would get blasted if they were 100% exposed. Chris Wilson was one of the filthiest human beings on earth the way he talked to players, but he keeps landing jobs.

Wilson was brutal. It was amazing how he talked to them. Bet it doesn't go like that in the nfl

Bully13
08-01-2018, 11:21 AM
Wilson was brutal. It was amazing how he talked to them. Bet it doesn't go like that in the nfl

anybody got any footage on Chris doing this? couldn't find any when I looked.

LC Dawg
08-01-2018, 01:06 PM
Each side was wrong and neither side was right. That video was hard to watch.

This is the correct answer.

tireddawg
08-01-2018, 01:33 PM
The ref. If he would have put his hands on me, I would have beat his eyeballs out of the back his head. But Buddy is a hot head and embarrassing at times, but he wins. The refs have got to remain calm, it's their jobs, and can NEVER put hands on a coach.

Bully13
08-01-2018, 01:56 PM
Yea, I just watched again and the ref was the one who "threw the first punch" did a push / shove move on coach. Unless I'm wrong, was that ref just directing the assistant coach to back up off the field of play? Why did coach get so pissed off about that?

LC Dawg
08-01-2018, 02:16 PM
The video starts off with a player saying he would beat someone's ass if he knew he wouldn't get ejected. The rest of the video is about a coach who didn't have as much sense as his player.
The ref definitely has a larger role in it and in my opinion should never work as a ref again but Buddy shouldn't have told him to shut the **** up and he also should be able to keep it from escalating as much as it did. The line judge acting like he didn't know any of this was happening behind him didn't help either.

Bully13
08-01-2018, 03:52 PM
The video starts off with a player saying he would beat someone's ass if he knew he wouldn't get ejected. The rest of the video is about a coach who didn't have as much sense as his player.
The ref definitely has a larger role in it and in my opinion should never work as a ref again but Buddy shouldn't have told him to shut the **** up and he also should be able to keep it from escalating as much as it did. The line judge acting like he didn't know any of this was happening behind him didn't help either.

Line judge looks like he pussed out on the deal. twice.