PDA

View Full Version : Just Curious.....

Matt3467
07-31-2018, 04:42 AM
How many times has MSU flipped a TSUN recruit? I've seen that throughout the last several years with almost regularity TSUN always flips very talented players (Brassel, Kailo Moore, C.J. Johnson, Black and Jackson this year) but I can't seem to recall us flipping anyone that stands out. I'm sure we may have gotten a pretty good flip, but the rate at which TSUN does it and the quality of player they do it with is nauseating.

Jack Lambert
07-31-2018, 09:53 AM
this year it will happen.,

Bothrops
07-31-2018, 10:19 AM
We have in baseball!!!

thf24
07-31-2018, 10:28 AM
Bear in mind that they like to play the cutsey, PR, ultimately meaningless side of the recruiting game a lot more than we do, and many of their "flips" are orchestrated. Also depends if cases where there was a little time in between the de-commit and commit to the other count as "flips," if so, Leo Lewis would be one for us.

OneArmSteve
07-31-2018, 10:54 AM
I can't remember exactly. Did Fabian Lovett ever commit to Ole Miss last year, or were we just worried he would before he eventually came back and signed with the good guys?

Your point is valid though, it does always seem that OM flips a couple of our guys each year.

dantheman4248
07-31-2018, 11:05 AM
I mean Leo Lewis is kind of a really, really big one.

BuckyIsAB****
07-31-2018, 11:09 AM
None of those players really turned out to be any good so it kinda shows you who they get to flip to them.

Maybe Jackson and Black will be different. Im willing to bet at least 1 if not both dont end up at OM

SouthMSDog
07-31-2018, 11:10 AM
How many times has MSU flipped a TSUN recruit? I've seen that throughout the last several years with almost regularity TSUN always flips very talented players (Brassel, Kailo Moore, C.J. Johnson, Black and Jackson this year) but I can't seem to recall us flipping anyone that stands out. I'm sure we may have gotten a pretty good flip, but the rate at which TSUN does it and the quality of player they do it with is nauseating.

Robert Elliot
Leo Lewis
Willie Gay

Those are just off the top of my head. Ealy might.

Pollodawg
07-31-2018, 12:57 PM
Let’s be real: Any recruit that looks at these two programs objectively and still chooses Ole Miss over an actual MSU offer, they are likely too dumb to graduate college anyway.

What’s OM selling? Their admin begging fans to buy tix is telling. Their joke of a spring game was hilarious and indicting. I guess, there’s the added incentive for a kid to spend the holidays at home.....Cause you ain’t going bowling. The way UGA and TAMU are using their bagmen make OM look like the inept rustics they are, tho, which is awesome.

Pit Bull
07-31-2018, 09:57 PM
I think a volleyball gal flipped a few years back.

Pit Bull
08-01-2018, 05:56 AM
I can't remember exactly. Did Fabian Lovett ever commit to Ole Miss last year, or were we just worried he would before he eventually came back and signed with the good guys?

Your point is valid though, it does always seem that OM flips a couple of our guys each year.

No, but everybody including the ReBearSharks thought they were going to get Lovett and Reed out of Olive Branch. Retaining Brian Baker got both of those 2 back on track for us.

MarketingBully
08-01-2018, 05:59 AM
Robert Elliot
Leo Lewis
Willie Gay

Those are just off the top of my head. Ealy might.

Those three are some mighty big flips. Elliot was a great college running back and the other two will have great NFL careers. Can’t say the same for those that flipped to Ole Miss.

msbulldog
08-01-2018, 06:28 AM
The girls basketball player that flipped this season, Promise Taylor.

Bully13
08-02-2018, 09:44 AM
Those three are some mighty big flips. Elliot was a great college running back and the other two will have great NFL careers. Can’t say the same for those that flipped to Ole Miss.

And I think Elliot would have progressed had not been for injuries if my memory serves. One thing is for sure though, the flips tsun got from us that threw their careers away would require a lengthy chapter all by itself.

CadaverDawg
08-02-2018, 09:54 AM

Better question is "which flips have turned out to be huge on the field?"

Yes, OM has a higher "flip" rate because they orchestrate them....but a huge majority of those guys never pan out. One might argue that it's because of that same immaturity that causes them to play that game to begin with, but so far Leo and Willie Gay are living up to hype. Meanwhile Kailo, Brassell, Tobias, the deaf kid I forgot his name, etc are not/did not. But CJ, Rawlings, and maybe 1 or 2 more did well for them. The OM flip guys typically flame out and are only good for boosting a recruiting ranking in the long term