07-30-2018, 08:38 PM
So is he Memphis bound??

Ifyouonlyknew
07-30-2018, 08:47 PM
Yep

Dawg61
07-30-2018, 09:08 PM
Penny & Memphis gonna start Blue Chips 2

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/A1J4HN/blue-chips-year-1994-director-william-friedkin-shaquille-o-neal-nick-A1J4HN.jpg

Homedawg
07-30-2018, 09:34 PM
Along w he and wiseman they are going to get well quick!!

BigEasyDawg
07-31-2018, 08:51 PM
I realize he is all but packed to go to Memphis, however, atleast we are getting another visit. Who knows if Howland can pull some magic now that the country club is gone *

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/24246606/dj-jeffries-dad-says-kentucky-unprofessional-decommitment

"Corey Jeffries told ESPN his son would set up visits to Memphis and Mississippi State soon. Ole Miss, LSU and Florida have also reached out."

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-01-2018, 10:15 AM
So is he Memphis bound??

not exactly.....I wouldn't exactly call it a lock yet

Ifyouonlyknew
08-01-2018, 01:57 PM
not exactly.....I wouldn't exactly call it a lock yet

You're right. Howland is fighting like hell for this 1 but that hill looks pretty steep. Would be a huge victory.

Bully13
08-01-2018, 04:11 PM
I ain't throwing in the towel till Howland gets him on campus. If DJ is smart, he won't go to Memphis. I'm not sold Memphis made the right hire. Penny may end up being a great college coach, who knows but it just seems like a wild gamble to me. I lived in Memphis during the Penny days and he is idolized by the fan base there. I'm thinking their emotions may have gotten the better of them on this one.

BigEasyDawg
08-01-2018, 04:29 PM
Jeffries would be HUGE. He could be our first One and done (except Newman, lol)

Dawg61
08-01-2018, 09:56 PM
I ain't throwing in the towel till Howland gets him on campus. If DJ is smart, he won't go to Memphis. I'm not sold Memphis made the right hire. Penny may end up being a great college coach, who knows but it just seems like a wild gamble to me. I lived in Memphis during the Penny days and he is idolized by the fan base there. I'm thinking their emotions may have gotten the better of them on this one.

Nah Penny owns the Memphis high school basketball recruits and the local AAU teams. He's gotta be shoveling duffle bags of Nike money to these kids for half a decade by the time they are ready to play one year of college ball. Penny doesn't have to be worth a damn as a coach for Memphis to win. They are about to be the new dirty ass Louisville.

StarkVegasSteve
08-01-2018, 09:59 PM
Nah Penny owns the Memphis high school basketball recruits and the local AAU teams. He's gotta be shoveling duffle bags of Nike money to these kids for half a decade by the time they are ready to play one year of college ball. Penny doesn't have to be worth a damn as a coach for Memphis to win. They are about to be the new dirty ass Louisville.

If Penny brings in too many of the Memphis kids he will fail. Just look at what that did to Pastner and I think Pastner is twice the coach Penny is.

Pit Bull
08-02-2018, 07:52 AM
The key to that program will be who Penny has for his assistants. Have no idea, but for a fleeting moment some time ago, it was rumored to be Tom Crean and Larry Brown...LOL!!?..bout as bad as Ole Miss's dream list! Penny is just a figurehead. His assistants, whoever they are, will actually do the coaching and tell him what to do. Penny is basically, the team's recruiting magnet.....which he should and likely will do very well. He should have a top 5 class this year and possibly the #1 class if things fall just right. Recruiting is half of it......so he's at least that. Yes, he'll get Wiseman and Jeffries. Then in the next couple years, he'll cherry pick a couple more 5 stars off that AAU team. He may rival Calipari in talent before much longer.