PDA

View Full Version : I need a volunteer!!!

BulldogBear
07-30-2018, 03:18 PM
This is about fantasy college football.

A friend of mine started a league several years ago and I took over as commissioner in year 2. We are now about to begin season 6. We have silly school names and mascots and generally have a good time. I put out a weekly update/newsletter with predictions and important info. We do have league history including detailed series records against all opponents and other fun stuff. I am trying to upgrade this year sometime to designing unis but not satisfied with an online option yet. We do have a 4 school playoff and several bowl games, some with unusual qualifying criteria. It is a keeper league, so unless you drop players you are allowed to keep them until they graduate, quit football, go pro, etc. I had a couple of decent seasons when I landed some no name freshman QB called Johnny Manziel. Anyway it's all in good fun.

Heretofore we've only been allowed 16 league members but have now been allowed to expand beyond that. So, we had 18, including a few ED's, ready for this season but one guy's wife has unfortunately had some serious health issues come up. Understandably, he is going to be concentrating on her this Fall.

The draft....er, cough...I mean, recruiting...doesn't happen until Thursday, 23 August 2018 at 8:40 PM CDT. I am looking for someone that would like to participate and take over my friend's team. It's a new team (one of the expansion teams) so you'll be able to build it yourself, recruiting the entire roster this season. We are allowed 16 on our rosters with 9 (1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 K, 1 Defense, and 1 utility player that is RB, WR, or TE) participating in each head to head contest. We play 11 regular season games and are split into three 6 "school" divisions. The schedule is already ready for this season.

I'll sign up the first person to contact me giving me your email, school name and mascot. I'll send an invitation to your email. You'll have to create a fantrax.com username and sign in but there is no money involved. This is for pure love of college football. We use players from all D1 FBS schools.

Some examples from our league:

MISSISSIPPI A&T - the AT-ATS, sometimes called the Empire or Stormtroopers.

MISSISSIPPI FLAGSHIP UNIVERSITY - the Fighting Corruptibles. This is of course a long term Bearshart friend of mine. I suggest the name. I wonder if he's noticed yet that it's MFU.

MISSISSIPPI UNIVERSITY FOR CATS - naturally, the Cats. His favorite quote is "My litter box is where your dream of win go to dies." He likes to talk sheit.

UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN AT PELAHATCHIE - this will be your school and you can change the name of course. He is from Wisconsin but all his kids went to MSU. So, he chose to be the Badger-Dogs. Well, if you know your German, which I do...let's just say I was really looking forward to having fun with that one.

SCLSU WATERBOYS - Who der?

GUMP UNIVERSITY AT GREENBOW - the Battling Shrimp

NORTH ALABAMA TECHNICAL INSTITUTE - the Lightning (NATI)

BUSBY INSTITUTE OF GEOLOGY - B.I.G.

BRYANT UNIVERSITY FOR GENERAL STUDIES - B.U.G.S. ....but actually they're the Wombats. Fear the Wombat. Know your Kipling.

MISSISSIPPI A&M - the Flying Squirrels (Have longest played series in the league with the Byram Bears at 7 games. Bears lead 5-2)

THE SHOE UNIVERSITY - the Shoes I guess

POSSUM UNIVERSITY - the Awesome Possums of course. Awesome Possum is a real thing BTW

VALLEY CITY - the Delta Goblins, mortal enemy and rival of the Cats

......anyway you get the idea. Our league has folks from MSU, UMiss, UK, LSU, MVSU, JSU, Alcorn, FSU, USM, and that dumpster fire in Knoxville. So, y'all c'mon.

I look forward to hearing from somebody.

stalkingpoon
07-30-2018, 05:18 PM
I?ll play.