PDA

View Full Version : Enough with recruiting lets talk smack with kansas State fans who think they will

99jc
07-30-2018, 12:44 PM
will beat the shit out of us like 38-17. (Sorry S.F Austin you are not worth mentioning after we rape you 63-3) First of all we are gonna knock your dicks so hard in the turf they will be permanently purple. And for all you candy asses out there scared because we play them in the land of OZ.....go root for Vandy. If we cant beat their lineup consisting of 2-3 star players we have no shot at the SEC period! When we get through pounding that ass their 80 year old coach will retire and they will be cleaning up teeth and jockstraps for weeks on that field. Scared I think NOT! I call it 48-10.

If we had this type of recruiting classes we would have a melt down. they were 78th in the country last year and 9th in their league.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/Season/2018-Football/Commits

HAIL STATE

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2018, 01:04 PM
K State thinking they have a chance to beat us, is similar to our thinking that we had a chance to beat Bama early Mullen's tenure.

They simply lack the personnel in the trenches to make it work unless we turn the ball over an inordinate amount.

Where did you see their fans talking smack?

Jack Lambert
07-30-2018, 01:08 PM
We beat them good first of all but...

They are a well coach team that is very discipleship and have had the same staff in place for a while. However we have more talent and more experience on both sides of the ball. They lost their defense. They have majority of their offense back. I don't think that matters much because our D Line is going to blow them up.

I know they are at home however much of that advantage I think is taken away with it being a early start.

TrapGame
07-30-2018, 01:17 PM
Every player and coach would have to be completely asleep at the wheel to lose this game. It would have to be a turnover fest on offense and Shoop going full retard on the defensive side.

jackindabox
07-30-2018, 01:24 PM
you never go full retard

99jc
07-30-2018, 01:46 PM
K State thinking they have a chance to beat us, is similar to our thinking that we had a chance to beat Bama early Mullen's tenure.

They simply lack the personnel in the trenches to make it work unless we turn the ball over an inordinate amount.

I hope Simmons breaks out his chain wraps it around Bill Snyders neck and drags him from end zone to end zone before the game starts.

BulldogBear
07-30-2018, 01:49 PM
Where are they(Mildcat folk) saying this?

Steakonastick
07-30-2018, 01:54 PM
Does synder still rely mostly on juco players?

Johnson85
07-30-2018, 02:36 PM
Every player and coach would have to be completely asleep at the wheel to lose this game. It would have to be a turnover fest on offense and Shoop going full retard on the defensive side.

Is the gap between us and KSU this year talentwise going to be that much different than us and Ark last year? I expect us to win, but new offensive and defensive system, early in the year, playing on the road, against a usually well coached team. Basically all we have to do is have a poorly timed turnover early on and we could be in for a battle.

I feel like having a good OL and very good DL should give us a big margin for error, but I thought that this past year against Ark and we barely squeaked one out.

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2018, 02:50 PM
Is the gap between us and KSU this year talentwise going to be that much different than us and Ark last year? I expect us to win, but new offensive and defensive system, early in the year, playing on the road, against a usually well coached team. Basically all we have to do is have a poorly timed turnover early on and we could be in for a battle.

I feel like having a good OL and very good DL should give us a big margin for error, but I thought that this past year against Ark and we barely squeaked one out.

Great question:

According to 247: https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite

In 2017, MSU had the 25th most talented roster in the country, Arkansas the 22nd best roster, & Kansas State the 68th most talented roster.

The 2018 numbers haven't been released yet, but I expect MSU to be around 23-25, Arkansas 28-35, & K-State 60-75.

For perspective's sake, Kansas State is as talented as Wake Forest, Kansas, Illinois.

Last year BYU had the 52nd best roster & their guys are older than K-State's & Vandy had the 45th best roster.

While we can debate the merits of recruiting rankings & roster talent (Montez Sweat a 3 star), I think it' reasonable to argue them about 10 levels each way. Does MSU have the 15th best roster or the 35th? I don't, however, believe that you can argue that the 68th best roster is anywhere close to the talent we have.

This game should be like Alabama facing a well coached Kentucky team

ScoobaDawg
07-30-2018, 03:02 PM
https://247sports.com/Article/BIG-12-FOOTBALL-We-continue-our-tour-of-the-10-Big-12-teams-with-Coach-Bill-Snyders-Kansas-State-Wildcats-who-are-picked-to-finish-sixth-in-the-conference-standings-120028057/

We continue our tour of the 10 Big 12 teams with Coach Bill Snyder's Kansas State Wildcats, who are picked to finish sixth in the conference standings

In review…

Kansas State had high expectations in 2017, but those expectations took a massive hit in week two when the Wildcats suffered a major setback in a loss at Vanderbilt. That was the first in a tough stretch where K-State lost four of five outings to fall below .500. Bowl hopes began to look dark for K-State.

However, after needing to turn to redshirt freshman quarterback Skylar Thompson, while also splitting with Alex Delton, the Wildcats ripped off four wins in the final five games of the year, including a win at Oklahoma State, to finish at 7-5 and earn a bowl bid for the eighth time since Bill Snyder returned to the sidelines in 2009.

Behind Delton mainly, the Wildcats defeated UCLA in the Cactus Bowl.

In their words…

“What we preach at Kansas State is not giving up. None of our guys that are on the field or on the team, we don’t fold. It’s not in our blood, we don’t ever give up, we don’t ever cave in. This past season, I’d say, was a little above average season. We went 8-5 and we obviously had huge expectations going in, but to finish on a high note, beat Kansas, beat Texas Tech, win the Iowa State game and then win the bowl game, that’s a huge credit to our guys we have. These guys, they don’t give up. There’s no caving in with these guys.” —K-State quarterback Alex Delton

What they lost…

By looking at last year’s depth chart, K-State technically lost its starting quarterback. Jesse Ertz did start the year and led the Wildcats statistically, throwing for 930 yards and seven scores, but went down with a knee injury after five games and never played after that.

Byron Pringle was the top receiver for the Wildcats in 2017, catching 30 passes for 724 yards and six touchdowns and averaging 60.33 yards per game, but declared for the NFL Draft. Domonique Heath transferred out of the program after recording just 196 yards and one touchdown. Winston Dimel also transferred to play for his father at UTEP after scoring four rushing touchdowns for K-State last year.

The real hit comes defensively and in special teams. All-American cornerback D.J. Reed entered the NFL Draft early after recording a team-high four interceptions last year and recording 47 tackles. The Wildcats also lose their main linebackers from last year in Jayd Kirby (99 tackles) and Trent Tanking (97), as well as All-American defensive tackle Will Geary (44 and a team-high 4.5 sacks).

The special teams unit for K-State loses punter Nick Walsh, who averaged 43.63 yards per punt and 21 punts inside the 20, as well as place-kicker Matthew McCrane, who was 21-for-26 on field goal attempts, including six from 50+ yards and had a long of 54 yards. McCrane also ended his career with the most made field goals by any K-State kicker in history.

In their words…

“I’m telling you, Da’Quan (Patton), Eli Sullivan, Eli Walker, Walter Neil, we’ve got some guys on defense that can make some plays and I’m excited. The thing I like about them is that they’re so hungry to make plays. They want to make that big play, they want to make that pick six, they want to make that strip, a sack, they want to do those things. I like that. They’re ballers and I like those guys.” — K-State quarterback Alex Delton

One offensive player to watch…

Everyone seems to want to put the running back spotlight on Iowa State’s David Montgomery and Oklahoma State’s Justice Hill in 2018. It makes sense after those two finished first and third, respectively, in rushing in the Big 12 last year. That said, K-State’s Alex Barnes has the potential to be something special in 2018, too.

Though he wasn’t 100 percent healthy at all times last year, Barnes still put together an impressive sophomore campaign. He racked up 819 yards and seven touchdowns last year, ranking seventh-best in the Big 12. Barnes also became the second-fastest player in program history to reach 1,000 career yards.

With a fully equipped offensive line and time to heal up, Barnes could be in for a massive year as a junior.

In their words…

“His capabilities are very broad-based. We all know he can run the football, you’ve seen that. He has developed himself as a good protector or blocker, he’s good as a pass receiver, so he has a complete game in place.” — K-State coach Bill Snyder

One defensive player to watch…

D.J. Reed was the talk of the K-State defense a year ago. As an All-American cornerback, Reed was tasked with guarding opponents’ top receiver. Therefore, Duke Shelley usually got the No. 2 guy.

This year is going to be different. Reed is off to the NFL and the responsibility of being the lockdown corner is solely on the shoulders of Shelley. He enters that new role after recording 56 tackles, a sack, two interceptions and a forced fumble. Shelley also was fourth in the Big 12 in passes defended with 13. He was named to the All-Big 12 Honorable Mention team by the league’s coaches.

It won’t be easy for Shelley, but with his experience and his style of play, there’s no reason to think Shelley can’t be a solid corner for the Wildcats.

In their words…

“I think he’s really taken it to heart and is ready for the competition at the same time. He knows teams want to go after him because he is No. 1, but at the same time, he is excited for the challenge because he wants to show, ‘You’re not going to get by me. I’ve prepared.’ I’ve seen it. He’s prepared so well this summer that I won’t be worried about him. I know he’s going to get the job done.” — K-State defensive back Colby Moore

ScoobaDawg
07-30-2018, 03:04 PM
I hope Simmons breaks out his chain wraps it around Bill Snyders neck and drags him from end zone to end zone before the game starts.

Can you stop putting your reply in the Topic.....

TrapGame
07-30-2018, 03:19 PM
This game should be like Alabama facing a well coached Kentucky team

I think that sums it up pretty well. Our front 7 will implode their OL. And on the other side of the ball I don't see them having an answer to stop our running game. Aeris, Nick and Kylin will wear them down.

Lord McBuckethead
07-30-2018, 03:20 PM
Kansas State
Offensive Returning Starters: 9
Defensive Returning Starters: 5

Lost all four all-conf selections on defense.
WR production only returns half
Lost the kickoff guy, placekicker, punter, punt returner and kickoff returner. Also add their longsnapper.

Orlando Sentinel has them ranked 44 in the nation. Ole Miss at 57, LaTech at 49, Mizzou at 61, and Kentucky at 69. those are horsecrap rankings though. Mizzou would handle LaTech.

Even with all that being said, I really do not care who they line up. We need to hit them early and often. Set a freaking tone for the season.

ScoobaDawg
07-30-2018, 03:21 PM
I think... this is the worst forum I've ever seen.
Go have fun with the idiots.

http://goemaw.com/forum/index.php?board=3.0

Maroons
07-30-2018, 03:27 PM
We beat them good first of all but...

They are a well coach team that is very discipleship and have had the same staff in place for a while.

Two new coordinators this year.

BulldogBear
07-30-2018, 03:32 PM
I think... this is the worst forum I've ever seen.
Go have fun with the idiots.

http://goemaw.com/forum/index.php?board=3.0

It is. Completely unfollowable. It's a bunch of random comments. It's like to trying to hold an intelligent conversation in the comments section of a controversial facebook post. Garbage.

NCDawg
07-30-2018, 03:37 PM
After the Ole Miss game last year, I don't take any game for granted. I know one thing-we can't keep getting beat deep like we did almost all of last year. Also, our LB can't get pushed out of the way and let guys run right up the middle for long gains and TD's.

99jc
07-30-2018, 04:06 PM
the folks at CFN are dumbasses and need to read this thread...………..look at what bowl were projected and against whom...…..

AutoZone Liberty Bowl
Monday, December 31
3:45, ESPN
Liberty Bowl, Memphis, TN
Big 12 vs. SEC
Projection: Kansas State vs. Mississippi State

Lord McBuckethead
07-30-2018, 04:12 PM
I am trying to find one area where they are better than us.

DL versus their OL - MSU
OL versus their DL - MSU
QB - MSU
RB - MSU
LB - MSU
DB - MSU
WR - If the new guys step up MSU. IF they don't TIE. May be negated anyway with Sweat and Simmons.
Special Teams - MSU

Our coaching staff has more head coaching experience than theirs. Except Moorhead, but he coached at Penn State big time stop.

Lord McBuckethead
07-30-2018, 04:13 PM
After the Ole Miss game last year, I don't take any game for granted. I know one thing-we can't keep getting beat deep like we did almost all of last year. Also, our LB can't get pushed out of the way and let guys run right up the middle for long gains and TD's.

That is true. Hope Shoop has the boys ready to come downhill.

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-30-2018, 04:21 PM
I am trying to find one area where they are better than us.

DL versus their OL - MSU
OL versus their DL - MSU
QB - MSU
RB - MSU
LB - MSU
DB - MSU
WR - If the new guys step up MSU. IF they don't TIE. May be negated anyway with Sweat and Simmons.
Special Teams - MSU

Our coaching staff has more head coaching experience than theirs. Except Moorhead, but he coached at Penn State big time stop.

Well said. Even their home field advantage is largely taken away by the early start.

Jack Lambert
07-30-2018, 04:26 PM
I would imagine that this thread will cause a start of a thread on their message board.

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2018, 04:29 PM
I would imagine that this thread will cause a start of a thread on their message board.

I hope it does.

There is simply no comparison between their personnel & ours.

Kansas State is a classic case of the media making a Big 12 team appear better than they are so that they can create an appearance that conferences across the country are similar.

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2018, 04:30 PM

I hope it does.

Kansas State is a classic case of the media making a Big 12 team appear better than they are so that they can create an appearance that conferences across the country are similar.

I think K- State puts up fight early, but then we lock it down & win 35-17 or something like that.

99jc
07-30-2018, 04:38 PM
I hope it does.

I think K- State puts up fight early, but then we lock it down & win 35-17 or something like that.

I think your being generous with 17 points.

ShotgunDawg
07-30-2018, 04:41 PM

I was thinking they score early, we lock it down, they get a field goal late in the 2nd quarter, & then they score again in garbage time when our starters are out of the game.

Bully13
07-30-2018, 04:42 PM

Yep. K-State would be better off in prison with no soap on a rope than play us.

99jc
07-30-2018, 06:08 PM
Yep. K-State would be better off in prison with no soap on a rope than play us.

TRYING TO GET THEM FIRED UP. But me thinks they scared *****cats.

RocketDawg
07-30-2018, 06:22 PM

K-State thinking they could beat us is like South Alabama thinking they could beat us ....

NCDawg
07-30-2018, 06:28 PM
K-State thinking they could beat us is like South Alabama thinking they could beat us ....

Agreed. Never, ever, take a team lightly. We should know that by now.

TrapGame
07-30-2018, 06:48 PM
Agreed. Never, ever, take a team lightly. We should know that by now.

That's on Mullen's pompous ass.

99jc
07-30-2018, 07:07 PM

those k-state idiots are calling us the Mississippi state landsharks and want to know if we still use that racist mascot Col Reb.

TUSK
07-30-2018, 07:10 PM
If you really wanna talk legit "smack", you should start with @KY or Florida, IMO...

Bothrops
07-30-2018, 07:26 PM
Careful now, isn't the K-State roster littered with jucos out of KS? If it is, you can throw their recruiting rankings to the wind. Still, I think our defense should be disruptive enough to make the difference in the game.

99jc
07-30-2018, 07:31 PM
If you really wanna talk legit "smack", you should start with @KY or Florida, IMO...

How about this ,,,,,,were gonna beat that bama ass too.

TUSK
07-30-2018, 07:36 PM
How about this ,,,,,,were gonna beat that bama ass too.

Easy there, buddy, or you're gonna pull a "Smack Talkin' Muscle".... I like the effort, though!

Baby steps...

RocketDawg
07-30-2018, 08:04 PM
those k-state idiots are calling us the Mississippi state landsharks and want to know if we still use that racist mascot Col Reb.

A mistake made on purpose ... succeeded in getting under one's skin. I'm sure they're used to being confused with Kansas.

Turfdawg67
07-30-2018, 09:03 PM

Ummm... that's on Felker, Kang, Croom and Mullen! Possibly on Tyler too... can't remember. But not Moorhead!!

TrapGame
07-30-2018, 09:29 PM
Ummm... that's on Felker, Kang, Croom and Mullen! Possibly on Tyler too... can't remember. But not Moorhead!!

Wut?

Turf, you drinkin' tonight?

Maroon Diapers
07-30-2018, 10:15 PM
I live in KC less than 2 hours away and I can tell you these ****ers think they are gonna run us out of Manhattan. One of my buddies played there a few years ago and his old assistant coach did say they’re worried about our dline. I just don’t see them scoring many points and this team only put up 7 on Vandy last year. They’ll come out confident being at home but once we hit em in the mouth early on we will send them back to their cute little mini tailgates by noon. I expect a freaking bloodbath much like what we did to LSU in 2014 minus the comeback. 45-10.

Pit Bull
07-31-2018, 05:29 AM
I got us 24-14 over K-State. Will be a reasonably close game until the 4th quarter when we pull away a bit. The 11 AM start time in a hostile environment is not ideal for us or any team on the road. Manhattan is considerably further west than Starkville and even though in the same time zone, it will feel more like a 10 AM start to our players. Gonna have to be pumped up early!!!

Dental Dawg33
07-31-2018, 09:48 AM
Hard to make a firm prediction without seeing a snap on a game day yet, but we will not lose to K-State. I don't even think it's going to be close. I'm feeling a 48-17 type score. May give up another FG or TD depending on how quickly we take our starters out on D in the second half. This team is the real deal this year

Jack Lambert
07-31-2018, 11:27 AM
Hard to make a firm prediction without seeing a snap on a game day yet, but we will not lose to K-State. I don't even think it's going to be close. I'm feeling a 48-17 type score. May give up another FG or TD depending on how quickly we take our starters out on D in the second half. This team is the real deal this year

I watched the Alabama game last night and our team did not look like a less talented team then Bama. They went toe to toe with them. Should have won. Got out coached in the last eight minutes. This is the same team we have coming back. They are going to be hell on wheels.

General Patton is going to have to roll over in his grave to hide his boner when this team takes the field.

Dental Dawg33
07-31-2018, 12:49 PM
I watched the Alabama game last night and our team did not look like a less talented team then Bama. They went toe to toe with them. Should have won. Got out coached in the last eight minutes. This is the same team we have coming back. They are going to be hell on wheels.

General Patton is going to have to roll over in his grave to hide his boner when this team takes the field.

I agree. Had Mullen not tucked his Weiner between his legs and blared tiny dancer in his head set the last 3 min of that game it likely would have turned out much differently. I don't think we will see much of that with JoMo. We are about to witness a very special season I do believe

TrapGame
07-31-2018, 01:09 PM
I agree. Had Mullen not tucked his Weiner between his legs and blared tiny dancer in his head set the last 3 min of that game it likely would have turned out much differently. I don't think we will see much of that with JoMo. We are about to witness a very special season I do believe

Mullen slapped Saban with his penis for 3 and half quarters. Then he puts it up and writes Nick an apology note the last half of the 4th quarter.

Jack Lambert
07-31-2018, 01:44 PM
The thread on their message board that 99jc started has turn to it usual slap at Miss. We are fattest, dumbest and poorest. Someone has to be last but based on the most of the world Mississippi is pretty rich. In reality who wants to live in Kansas? Not shit to do but pick corn and kick cow turds. I guess possibly drink alcohol. If I lived there I would have been a 4.0 student. What else are you going to do but study? To be honest they should be the smartest state. Live here you are close to beaches, New Orleans, and Memphis. You are not really that far from Dallas or Atlanta and close to Florida and all it's attractions. A lot of stuff to do here. I don't know about the women there in Kansas but I suspect the sheep stay really nervous. It's really cold in the winter and really flat. Based on their recruiting classes, high school football must suck. I don't want to hear about basketball because the other college in Kansas that is good at basketball only has three Kansas residents on their team. So I don't know what that means for high school basketball.

Bdawg
07-31-2018, 03:28 PM
The thread on their message board that 99jc started has turn to it usual slap at Miss. We are fattest, dumbest and poorest. Someone has to be last but based on the most of the world Mississippi is pretty rich. In reality who wants to live in Kansas? Not shit to do but pick corn and kick cow turds. I guess possibly drink alcohol. If I lived there I would have been a 4.0 student. What else are you going to do but study? To be honest they should be the smartest state. Live here you are close to beaches, New Orleans, and Memphis. You are not really that far from Dallas or Atlanta and close to Florida and all it's attractions. A lot of stuff to do here. I don't know about the women there in Kansas but I suspect the sheep stay really nervous. It's really cold in the winter and really flat. Based on their recruiting classes, high school football must suck. I don't want to hear about basketball because the other college in Kansas that is good at basketball only has three Kansas residents on their team. So I don't know what that means for high school basketball.

You definitely wouldn't trade our southern women for some midwesterners. I've seen it first hand and it's pretty rough.

Lord McBuckethead
07-31-2018, 04:46 PM
You definitely wouldn't trade our southern women for some midwesterners. I've seen it first hand and it's pretty rough.

Look I know the midwestern type of girl. 95% of them are homely as 17. But that other 5%, dang they fine.
MS is pretty much a 75-25 split on homely versus hot.
I would take our campus girls over theirs any day of the week.

biggun
07-31-2018, 05:52 PM
will beat the shit out of us like 38-17. (Sorry S.F Austin you are not worth mentioning after we rape you 63-3) First of all we are gonna knock your dicks so hard in the turf they will be permanently purple. And for all you candy asses out there scared because we play them in the land of OZ.....go root for Vandy. If we cant beat their lineup consisting of 2-3 star players we have no shot at the SEC period! When we get through pounding that ass their 80 year old coach will retire and they will be cleaning up teeth and jockstraps for weeks on that field. Scared I think NOT! I call it 48-10.

If we had this type of recruiting classes we would have a melt down. they were 78th in the country last year and 9th in their league.

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/Season/2018-Football/Commits

HAIL STATE

So glad you entered their mb?s With such respect and restraint and with nothing really anti-inflammatory********

Turfdawg67
07-31-2018, 06:18 PM
Wut?

Turf, you drinkin' tonight?

Ha! As a matter of fact I did have one too many Tito's at a business dinner last night! My point was MSU has a history of losing to shitty, undermanned teams over the years. Felker was prob the least, unless you count Tulane.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-31-2018, 11:00 PM
Have you ever been to Kansas? If you see a pretty woman in Kansas, you must have brought her with you.

TUSK
08-01-2018, 01:38 AM
Mullen slapped Saban with his penis.

No.

Lord McBuckethead
08-01-2018, 01:42 AM
Have you ever been to Kansas? If you see a pretty woman in Kansas, you must have brought her with you.

Classic.

TrapGame
08-01-2018, 08:19 AM
No.

Yes.

TUSK
08-01-2018, 09:25 AM
Yes.

Fair enough... We've just different definitions of a "penis to face slappin'"...

TrapGame
08-01-2018, 09:36 AM
Fair enough... We've just different definitions of a "penis to face slappin'"...

Compared to what Mullen had done in the past that was penis to face.

TUSK
08-01-2018, 10:31 AM
Compared to what Mullen had done in the past that was penis to face.

LOL.... Dude, that was legit. I'm reppin' ya, Buddy.

TrapGame
08-01-2018, 11:11 AM
LOL.... Dude, that was legit. I'm reppin' ya, Buddy.

Thanks.

I just wish Mullen had been taking whatever erectile dysfunction med he was on that night for some other games too.

najeenena
08-12-2018, 06:28 PM
Wow are some of you Miss St fans smelling yourselves are what? Ok Dawgs I am the lone K-State fan coming to your board not to talk smack back and forth (not my M.O) but to have good back and forth College Football discussions. I am simply amazed at some of the comments, predictions and analysis on this thread:

48-7, 45-10, 48-17??
Miss St Defensive starters out by HALFTIME?
Being generous with Kansas State getting 17 points?
Kansas State comparable to South Alabama?? Really?
Lack the personnel in the trenches to compete?
Our front 7 will IMPLODE their OL?? Now THAT is a good one!
Every Player and Coach would have to be asleep at the wheel to lose to Kansas State?? Wow........
This one is priceless........"Kansas State is a classic case of the MEDIA making the BIG 12 appear better than they are"......The Media, Draft Experts, Polls etc Think the Big 12 is all offense and no defense, not physical and is the weakest P5 conference. What media you talking about?

So I want to respond to some of your posts and give you guys some facts (stats)and some food for thought. First some key stats from both teams last season:

Miss State:
9-4, 4-4 SEC play
Offense Passing: 166ypg, 17TDs, 54% completions
Offense Rushing: 251ypg (Wow IMPRESSIVE) 32 TDs, 5.2ypc
Defense: Gave up 131yds rush per game and 174yds passing per game and 21 points per game
Redzone scoring. Scored 86% (TD or FG) 66% TDs
QB: 984 rushing (6.1ypc) 14 Tds 82ypg:
QB: Passing 1782 yds, 15 Tds and 14Ints (117 efficiency rating)
RB: 1135 Rushing, 4.7ypg, 6Tds, 85ypg

Kansas State:
8-5, 5-4 in Big 12
Offense Passing: 174ypg, 16TDs, 61% completions
Offense Rushing: 199ypc, 29TDs, 5.0ypc
Defense: Gave up 117yds rush per game and 300yds (YIKES) passing per game and 25 points per game
Redone Scoring: Scored 85% (TD or FG) and 61% TDs
QB's(Kansas State has two who split starts) Delton & Thompson
Delton: 500 rushing, 5.0ypc, 8 TDs, 71ypg
Thompson: 267 rushing,3.9 npc, 3 Tds, 33ypg
Delton: Passing 637, 3TDs, 2Ints, (127 efficiency rating)
Thompson: Passing 689, 7 TDs, 3Ints (143 efficiency rating)
RB: 819 rushing, 5.6ypc, 7 TDs, 63ypg

so lets look at this.

Both teams scored 32 points a game, Miss St gave up 21 points per game on defense avg and Kansas State 25 avg.
Both OL blocked for an 5.0 avg per carry rushing
Passing and Rushing TDs for both teams identical.
Both teams time of possession similar
These teams are similar in most critical categories esp offensively.

Now I want to talk some about our OL. The same 247 you quote in this thread has Kansas State OL as the BEST IN THE NATION. Before you spit your Bud light out and kick your dog read WHY they came to this conclusion in the link below.

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery/College-footballs-top-positional-units-entering-2018-120507486/

This current Kansas State line has consistently been ranked as one of the top in the Nation. Athlon Sports, Pro Football Focus etc. Perhaps read some of the reasons why they are ranked so high and don't focus on "Stars" coming out of High School. Once ANY player hits a College Campus those "stars" mean nothing. You have to PROVE yourself and the best usually wins out. Just a few quick facts about Kansas States current OL. They have over 100 combined starts and this will be their 3rd year together as a unit. Only Risner and Beecham are Seniors the rest are Juniors.

1.Dalton Risner RT: All American, All Big 12, Highest Rated OT in the Nation by PFF. Projected mid to late 1st round Darft pick.
2.Adam Holtorf C: All Big 12, Rimington Nominee, One of the top rated interior linemen PFF
3.Scott Frantz LT: All Big 12, recognized for All Bowl Team in 2016 when as a FRESHMAN he completely shut down #1 NFL Draft Pick Miles Garrett (Garrett had zero sacks and ONE tackle for the entire game) Kansas State beat A&M in that Bowl Game.
4. Tyler Mitchell LG: All Big 12, one of the top rated interior linemen PFF
5. Abdul Beecham RG: All Big 12, Rated as 3rd best pass blocking OG in FBS by PFF, also one of the top rated interior linemen by PFF

Our OL looks forward to going against your great front 7 and will not be fazed or intimidated in the least. I heard the same rhetoric and disrespect from the Texas A&M fans when we played them in TEXAS for our bowl game and BEAT THEM. "Miles Garrett is gonna destroy their OL" They have no 4 star players" "No way we lose to Kansas State" " We have a personnel advantage in EVERY position" Yet our Freshman (Now Junior) LT SHUT DOWN #1 NFL Draft Pick Miles Garrett (No Sacks and ONE tackle for the game). We won't be fazed by the great Jeffery Simmons nor Montez Sweat. We look forward to showcase our OL vs the great Miss St front 7.

Also there are some(outside of Kansas) who think that Kansas State will beat you guys:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/miss-state-crystal-ball-2018/

I am trying to warn you guys Kansas State is no pushover no South Alabama or Kentucky. If you come in overconfident and ho hum this is another South Alabama or Kentucky or an easy game where our starters will be out by halftime....then you are in for the SHOCK OF YOUR LIVES. You guys are playing an early morning game on the road with a new HC and offensive philosophy AND its the second game of the season. Both teams play a road bump the first game.....nothing will be gained from those games but a lot of players getting on the field. This is the same Kansas State team that went toe to Toe with Oklahoma and should have beat them. The same Oklahoma that dropped points and yards on Georgia with their 6th ranked defense the same Georgia that shut down Miss St. I normally don't like to cherry pick games because any team can have a bad game or injuries that affect them. But I used that game to show what Kansas State is capable of. The distinct advantage you guys have is depth everywhere. Kansas State really relies on its starters to pull them through. Still though for the 2nd game of the season they will be ready in front of 55,000 screaming fans in Purple. Miss St is loaded esp on defense with NFL Claiber players and they are a dark horse to challenge Bama for SEC West title. Kansas State players know this is an opportunity to dispel the myth that the Big 12 is weak and that they cannot compete with the SEC.

In closing I will not address recruiting rankings or star rankings etc. To me it matters what you do on the field during the game that counts. Not how many stars you have. Kansas State is more concerned with getting hungry players with chips on their shoulders who were under recruited or overlooked and who fit our system. There are a lot of variables that many of you posters are not realistically considering. Many of you believe shear talent alone can overcome these variables. Kansas State is a very disciplined, physical team. They rarely get penalties or make mistakes. They are fundamentally sound on both sides of the ball. They all know the system inside and out. They have a passionate fan base they sell out all home games. This is an early morning game. You guys will have to travel, unpack, bus to Hotel, have a late Friday or early Saturday walk thru. New Head Coach, New Offensive system. You will be playing in front of a Hostile sold out crowd on National TV. I believe some if not all of your players just can't accept that Kansas State might be good with all those 2-3 star players and no way in hell we could lose to them. Again I see a minor upset in the making. Kansas State will be PUMPED for this game. I also think you will see a few surprises in our offensive and defensive philosophy. We have young, creative energetic New OC and DC. We have some players who have been waiting their turn to showcase their skill set and play. I hope many of you can make it to the game. Although we cheer for our team we are very hospitable to our guests. Fans will welcome you to a tailgate meal and a drink and welcome you to Manhattan. I look forward to coming back on this Board after the game win or lose. It will be interesting to see everyones thoughts after the game.

Jack Lambert
08-12-2018, 07:06 PM
I am trying to warn you guys Kansas State is no pushover no South Alabama or Kentucky.

No Vanderbilt either. Too Soon?

Dawg61
08-12-2018, 07:41 PM
We are fans not the team. We can overlook the shit outta KSU and it won't matter one damn bit.

najeenena
08-12-2018, 08:05 PM
I sincerely hope the players and Coaches think they will face the Kansas State team that played Vanderbilt. Every team at some poInt loses to a inferior team or has a close game vs one......even you guys have had that happen. Please continue to base our ability and talent on one game. Football is game of ebbs and flows and Kansas State got better each week as the season progressed. You will see when y’all come to Manhattan.

As for you dawg61 your right as fan you can overlook, disrespect,and say whatever you want. . As I stated I look forward to coming back on this forum to see everyone’s thoughts and comments after the game. It should be priceless.

Jack Lambert
08-12-2018, 08:12 PM
I sincerely hope the players and Coaches think they will face the Kansas State team that played Vanderbilt. Every team at some poInt loses to a inferior team or has a close game vs one......even you guys have had that happen. Please continue to base our ability and talent on one game. Football is game of ebbs and flows and Kansas State got better each week as the season progressed. You will see when y’all come to Manhattan.

As for you dawg61 your right as fan you can overlook, disrespect,and say whatever you want. . As I stated I look forward to coming back on this forum to see everyone’s thoughts and comments after the game. It should be priceless.

We probably be bashing Ole Miss. I will be pulling for the Big 12 that first week. Do you think Texas Tech beats the Sharts?

TUSK
08-12-2018, 08:13 PM
I wanna see less “discussion & smackin”, & more bettin’!

99jc
08-12-2018, 08:14 PM
I sincerely hope the players and Coaches think they will face the Kansas State team that played Vanderbilt. Every team at some poInt loses to a inferior team or has a close game vs one......even you guys have had that happen. Please continue to base our ability and talent on one game. Football is game of ebbs and flows and Kansas State got better each week as the season progressed. You will see when y?all come to Manhattan.

As for you dawg61 your right as fan you can overlook, disrespect,and say whatever you want. . As I stated I look forward to coming back on this forum to see everyone?s thoughts and comments after the game. It should be priceless.

You wont be back after we de-nutt your pathetic team and send that old 17er you call a coach to Hospice. KSU or Kansas or whoever u r welcome to SEC West football.

Cowbell
08-12-2018, 08:20 PM
Wow are some of you Miss St fans smelling yourselves are what? Ok Dawgs I am the lone K-State fan coming to your board not to talk smack back and forth (not my M.O) but to have good back and forth College Football discussions. I am simply amazed at some of the comments, predictions and analysis on this thread:

48-7, 45-10, 48-17??
Every Player and Coach would have to be asleep at the wheel to lose to Kansas State?? Wow........
This one is priceless........"Kansas State is a classic case of the MEDIA making the BIG 12 appear better than they are"......The Media, Draft Experts, Polls etc Think the Big 12 is all offense and no defense, not physical and is the weakest P5 conference. What media you talking about?

So I want to respond to some of your posts and give you guys some facts (stats)and some food for thought. First some key stats from both teams last season:

Miss State:
9-4, 4-4 SEC play
Defense: Gave up 131yds rush per game and 174yds passing per game and 21 points per game

Kansas State:
8-5, 5-4 in Big 12
Defense: Gave up 117yds rush per game and 300yds (YIKES) passing per game and 25 points per game

so lets look at this.

Both teams scored 32 points a game, Miss St gave up 21 points per game on defense avg and Kansas State 25 avg.

Now I want to talk some about our OL. The same 247 you quote in this thread has Kansas State OL as the BEST IN THE NATION. Before you spit your Bud light out and kick your dog read WHY they came to this conclusion in the link below.

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery/College-footballs-top-positional-units-entering-2018-120507486/

This current Kansas State line has consistently been ranked as one of the top in the Nation. Athlon Sports, Pro Football Focus etc. Perhaps read some of the reasons why they are ranked so high and don't focus on "Stars" coming out of High School. Once ANY player hits a College Campus those "stars" mean nothing. You have to PROVE yourself and the best usually wins out. Just a few quick facts about Kansas States current OL. They have over 100 combined starts and this will be their 3rd year together as a unit. Only Risner and Beecham are Seniors the rest are Juniors.

1.Dalton Risner RT: All American, All Big 12, Highest Rated OT in the Nation by PFF. Projected mid to late 1st round Darft pick.
2.Adam Holtorf C: All Big 12, Rimington Nominee, One of the top rated interior linemen PFF
3.Scott Frantz LT: All Big 12, recognized for All Bowl Team in 2016 when as a FRESHMAN he completely shut down #1 NFL Draft Pick Miles Garrett (Garrett had zero sacks and ONE tackle for the entire game) Kansas State beat A&M in that Bowl Game.
5. Abdul Beecham RG: All Big 12, Rated as 3rd best pass blocking OG in FBS by PFF, also one of the top rated interior linemen by PFF

Our OL looks forward to going against your great front 7 and will not be fazed or intimidated in the least. I heard the same rhetoric and disrespect from the Texas A&M fans when we played them in TEXAS for our bowl game and BEAT THEM. "Miles Garrett is gonna destroy their OL" They have no 4 star players" "No way we lose to Kansas State" " We have a personnel advantage in EVERY position" Yet our Freshman (Now Junior) LT SHUT DOWN #1 NFL Draft Pick Miles Garrett (No Sacks and ONE tackle for the game). We won't be fazed by the great Jeffery Simmons nor Montez Sweat. We look forward to showcase our OL vs the great Miss St front 7.

Also there are some(outside of Kansas) who think that Kansas State will beat you guys:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/mississippi-state-football/miss-state-crystal-ball-2018/

I am trying to warn you guys Kansas State is no pushover no South Alabama or Kentucky. If you come in overconfident and ho hum this is another South Alabama or Kentucky or an easy game where our starters will be out by halftime....then you are in for the SHOCK OF YOUR LIVES. You guys are playing an early morning game on the road with a new HC and offensive philosophy AND its the second game of the season. Both teams play a road bump the first game.....nothing will be gained from those games but a lot of players getting on the field. This is the same Kansas State team that went toe to Toe with Oklahoma and should have beat them. The same Oklahoma that dropped points and yards on Georgia with their 6th ranked defense the same Georgia that shut down Miss St. I normally don't like to cherry pick games because any team can have a bad game or injuries that affect them. But I used that game to show what Kansas State is capable of. The distinct advantage you guys have is depth everywhere. Kansas State really relies on its starters to pull them through. Still though for the 2nd game of the season they will be ready in front of 55,000 screaming fans in Purple. Miss St is loaded esp on defense with NFL Claiber players and they are a dark horse to challenge Bama for SEC West title. Kansas State players know this is an opportunity to dispel the myth that the Big 12 is weak and that they cannot compete with the SEC.

In closing I will not address recruiting rankings or star rankings etc. To me it matters what you do on the field during the game that counts. Not how many stars you have. Kansas State is more concerned with getting hungry players with chips on their shoulders who were under recruited or overlooked and who fit our system. There are a lot of variables that many of you posters are not realistically considering. Many of you believe shear talent alone can overcome these variables. Kansas State is a very disciplined, physical team. They rarely get penalties or make mistakes. They are fundamentally sound on both sides of the ball. They all know the system inside and out. They have a passionate fan base they sell out all home games. This is an early morning game. You guys will have to travel, unpack, bus to Hotel, have a late Friday or early Saturday walk thru. New Head Coach, New Offensive system. You will be playing in front of a Hostile sold out crowd on National TV. I believe some if not all of your players just can't accept that Kansas State might be good with all those 2-3 star players and no way in hell we could lose to them. Again I see a minor upset in the making. Kansas State will be PUMPED for this game. I also think you will see a few surprises in our offensive and defensive philosophy. We have young, creative energetic New OC and DC. We have some players who have been waiting their turn to showcase their skill set and play. I hope many of you can make it to the game. Although we cheer for our team we are very hospitable to our guests. Fans will welcome you to a tailgate meal and a drink and welcome you to Manhattan. I look forward to coming back on this Board after the game win or lose. It will be interesting to see everyones thoughts after the game.

Props to you sir for having the guts to come on here. Let me begin by saying that I live in big 12 country, so I feel like my maroon-colored glasses aren?t too shaded. This will be a good game early on in my opinion. But, I don?t think you realize the level of DLine your OL is about to see. A&M hasn?t had a line half this good. And as far as Miles Garret, he was hurt and mediocre the whole second half of that year. Go back and look what we did to that team his senior year.
You can talk about Oklahoma if you want. This State team is more talented than what Oklahoma had last year and this team is much better coached than the team We had last year. Take no offense. If we still had Mullen, I would bet you guys would outcoach us for the win. But not today. These boys have a chip on their shoulder and I?m sorry that KState is going to be collateral damage. As Dave Chapell would say, back to your purple drink.

somebodyshotmypaw
08-12-2018, 08:44 PM

48-7, 45-10, 48-17??

Miss State:
9-4, 4-4 SEC play

Kansas State:
8-5, 5-4 in Big 12

so lets look at this.

Excellent post. That's how you bring it. Very good info on your offensive line. I think our issue will be how well we are executing our new offense in game two. Our defensive front is going to be stout and deep. Our offensive line is big and physical. And they have seen some big time competition. We will see how it plays out.

Dawg61
08-12-2018, 08:53 PM

Cool. MSU 35 KSU 17

Johnson85
08-13-2018, 03:51 PM

48-7, 45-10, 48-17??

Miss State:
9-4, 4-4 SEC play

Kansas State:
8-5, 5-4 in Big 12

so lets look at this.

Good info, especially on the OL.

Basically the recipe against MSU was easy last year. On Defense, have an absolutely dominant front 7 on D and force us to beat you passing, or alternatively injure our starting QB.
On Offense, you either needed an elite running game, or gamebreaking WRs.

I just don't see KSU meeting any of those descriptions, but they're obviously a very well coached team and good enough that we will be in trouble if we turn the ball over. If their OL is elite like you say, then maybe that changes the complexion of the game. I'm not sure your qb and wrs need to be that good if your OL is good enough to give them time.

Just in response to your comments about KSU's performance last year:

Beat a good Ok St. team by 5 -- I think us beating LSU by 30 compares favorably to that win?
Beat an 8-5 ISU team by 1 -- I think us beating A&M 35-14 compares favorably? ISU had some good wins, but we also beat A&m worse than other good teams beat them
Lost to a good TCU team by 20 - I think us getting blown out at UGA is comparable?
Lost to a good Oklahoma team by 7 - I think us losing to Bama by 7 is comparable?
Lost to Vandy (that's bad; but lots of good teams have slipups) - I think us losing to UM is comparable, but not as bad. We had our QB injured early and it was a rivalry game and I think UM was better than Vandy.
Lost to a 7-6 Texas team and lost to a 7-5 W Va team by 5. - We got blown out at Auburn

Really a weird year for us. For the teams that matched up well against us, they handled us easily on the road (Au and UGA), and not so easily at home, but still handled us (Bama).

We didn't have a lot of inbetween games. Outside of UM which was something of a fluke due to the injury to our QB and our true freshman QB having turnover problems, Arkansas was basically the only other close game we played. Our front seven just gave us a huge margin of error against most teams, including allowing us to handle Louisiville in the bowl game without most of our coaching staff and with our true freshman qb starting.

Bdawg
08-13-2018, 10:52 PM

48-7, 45-10, 48-17??

Miss State:
9-4, 4-4 SEC play

Kansas State:
8-5, 5-4 in Big 12

so lets look at this.

Appreciate all the info but looking at all your games last year, of yalls 8 wins, 3 teams had winning records(and one of those was central Arkansas, a non major conference team). The other 2 wins were by a combined six points. Also, 3 of your other wins came against teams with 1-11 records. And you have a glaring loss to Vandy. MSU on the other hand lost to the SEC West champion on the road, the sec east champion and national runner up on the road, the national champion at home(which we should have beat) and our rival who broke our QBs leg in the first quarter(should have beaten them too without our QB but couldn't stop turning the ball over). Now I'm not saying y'all won't field a good team this year, but by looking at last years schedule and comparing ours and y'alls, you have to see why we feel confident in our team getting the win at KSU. If everyone is healthy on both sides and there are no turnovers in the game, I feel MSU will win fairly comfortably. Being 2nd game of the season, it will remain pretty close the first half but state will pull away in the second. I don't see y'all stopping our run game. Oh and y'all have new coordinators on both sides of the ball too.

TUSK
08-13-2018, 11:31 PM
Nothing says "We're on the rise." like talkin' smack with KSU/Big 12 proponent.******

najeenena
08-14-2018, 12:12 AM
Appreciate all the info but looking at all your games last year, of yalls 8 wins, 3 teams had winning records(and one of those was central Arkansas, a non major conference team). The other 2 wins were by a combined six points. Also, 3 of your other wins came against teams with 1-11 records. And you have a glaring loss to Vandy. MSU on the other hand lost to the SEC West champion on the road, the sec east champion and national runner up on the road, the national champion at home(which we should have beat) and our rival who broke our QBs leg in the first quarter(should have beaten them too without our QB but couldn't stop turning the ball over). Now I'm not saying y'all won't field a good team this year, but by looking at last years schedule and comparing ours and y'alls, you have to see why we feel confident in our team getting the win at KSU. If everyone is healthy on both sides and there are no turnovers in the game, I feel MSU will win fairly comfortably. Being 2nd game of the season, it will remain pretty close the first half but state will pull away in the second. I don't see y'all stopping our run game. Oh and y'all have new coordinators on both sides of the ball too.

Fair post. But let me just say its dangerous to compare schedules. Games are about match-ups and other factors (you mentioned your Qb injury) well last year we lost our Senior starter, then lost the backup, then we were down to our 3rd string RS Freshman and we still won 8 games.

Also you mention your losses. Well just exclude Alabama they normally beat everyone. The Auburn loss and the Georgia loss was tough. For us we lost to a CFP team in Oklahoma in a game we should have won. We also lost to a game we should have won vs WV and we lost vs TCU. At one point in the season TCU and Oklahoma were top 5 and WV was top 15. Outside of Bama our losses are comparable to yours.

Also our running game is no slouch. I have given you the breakdown of our OL. Last season yu guys gave up over 100 yards a game rushing. Our starting running back is 6'1' 225lbs. For the last two seasons he has avg 5.0ypc. His backup are a change of pace set back and a player who has been waiting for his turn. This player is 6'3' 235lbs. He is a Derrick Henry type player. Our starting QB is also a threat with the ball avg 5.0ypc. We will run the ball on you guys. We are a run first offense and we are pretty good at it. Should be a great battle in the trenches.

Many of you believe that the only way you lose is if you guys turn the ball over or get key players hurt. This is dangerous thinking. Kansas State is a very sound team and in fact in another thread about Coach Snyder on the message board I showed through some research that since 2000 to present Kansas State not only has a better overall record than Miss St but Kansas State had a "winning record" and Miss St a "losing" record,

I also made a comparison to show that any team can lose a game. Yes last season we lost to Vanderbilt. The previous season Vanderbilt did beat Georgia. We were coming off a 9-4 season with a win over Texas A&M in our bowl game who was ranked as high as 7th. W were pre season ranked in some polls and were favored over Vanderbilt.

In 2016 Miss St was coming off a 9-4 record the previous season. You played South Alabama (a FCS team started in 2009 ) at home and loss. South Alabama lost to Idaho in 2016.

Even with this knowledge and the stats from last year and the history of both programs and the variables in Kansas State favor (home game, early morning game, 2nd game of season etc) some cannot fathom losing to us.

Finally yes we have new coordinators. Our New OC has been on the staff for years as the WR Coach. I don't see much issues with our offense. Our defense can only get better with a new young energetic and creative DC.

This game will come down to our offense vs your defense .....the trenches. I look forward to a great game.

FISHDAWG
08-14-2018, 08:01 AM
It is. Completely unfollowable. It's a bunch of random comments. It's like to trying to hold an intelligent conversation in the comments section of a controversial facebook post. Garbage.

it's like they have been sniffing Sunflower husk and triple 13 together ?.. that's one of the worst boards I have ever read

Bdawg
08-14-2018, 08:05 AM
Fair post. But let me just say its dangerous to compare schedules. Games are about match-ups and other factors (you mentioned your Qb injury) well last year we lost our Senior starter, then lost the backup, then we were down to our 3rd string RS Freshman and we still won 8 games.

Also you mention your losses. Well just exclude Alabama they normally beat everyone. The Auburn loss and the Georgia loss was tough. For us we lost to a CFP team in Oklahoma in a game we should have won. We also lost to a game we should have won vs WV and we lost vs TCU. At one point in the season TCU and Oklahoma were top 5 and WV was top 15. Outside of Bama our losses are comparable to yours.

Also our running game is no slouch. I have given you the breakdown of our OL. Last season yu guys gave up over 100 yards a game rushing. Our starting running back is 6'1' 225lbs. For the last two seasons he has avg 5.0ypc. His backup are a change of pace set back and a player who has been waiting for his turn. This player is 6'3' 235lbs. He is a Derrick Henry type player. Our starting QB is also a threat with the ball avg 5.0ypc. We will run the ball on you guys. We are a run first offense and we are pretty good at it. Should be a great battle in the trenches.

Many of you believe that the only way you lose is if you guys turn the ball over or get key players hurt. This is dangerous thinking. Kansas State is a very sound team and in fact in another thread about Coach Snyder on the message board I showed through some research that since 2000 to present Kansas State not only has a better overall record than Miss St but Kansas State had a "winning record" and Miss St a "losing" record,

I also made a comparison to show that any team can lose a game. Yes last season we lost to Vanderbilt. The previous season Vanderbilt did beat Georgia. We were coming off a 9-4 season with a win over Texas A&M in our bowl game who was ranked as high as 7th. W were pre season ranked in some polls and were favored over Vanderbilt.

In 2016 Miss St was coming off a 9-4 record the previous season. You played South Alabama (a FCS team started in 2009 ) at home and loss. South Alabama lost to Idaho in 2016.

Even with this knowledge and the stats from last year and the history of both programs and the variables in Kansas State favor (home game, early morning game, 2nd game of season etc) some cannot fathom losing to us.

Finally yes we have new coordinators. Our New OC has been on the staff for years as the WR Coach. I don't see much issues with our offense. Our defense can only get better with a new young energetic and creative DC.

This game will come down to our offense vs your defense .....the trenches. I look forward to a great game.

I'll keep this short. I don't think it dangerous to compare schedules. Who you play and how you play shows what kind of team you have. And I also wouldn't compare the last 8 years between us. I'm not looking it up but I would have to believe our schedule was tougher than y'alls with the league we play in. But to wrap up I think this is a case of you know your team well and we know our team well. And we have confidence in both. Here's to a great game and a bulldog victory. Good luck this season except for the second game of course!!!!!

Covercorner2
08-14-2018, 08:17 AM

Kansas State is a poor man's, less athletic version of Mississippi State with less depth. Good, mobile, home-run threat QB. Good running game and OL. Solid defense. Struggles to throw the ball down the field. It's a perfect matchup for us. If it comes down to your OL vs. our DL, that is not good for you. That is the reason we are confident. Probably a close game for a while, but State's depth and athletes will prevail in the end. Something like 35-24.

If you were playing a team like Missouri or Ole Miss, you would run all over them. If we were playing a team like OK State or Texas Tech, I would be worried about our secondary stopping them and us being able to outscore them, but, again, this is a matchup of strength on strength, and I will take the team will more depth and better athletes. We also both return a lot from last year, but we were the better team by virtually every metric.

TrapGame
08-14-2018, 08:40 AM

Iowa State's #43 defense held y'all to 7 points way into the third quarter. Our defense is vastly superior to Iowa State's.

najeenena
08-14-2018, 09:02 AM
Iowa State's #43 defense held y'all to 7 points way into the third quarter. Our defense is vastly superior to Iowa State's.

For Kansas State, Iowa State is a ravialry game much like you guys and Ole Miss. Throw records and stats out the window.

You do realize that at one point last season Iowa State Beat CFP team and undefeated Oklahoma at Oklahoma and the following week beat top 10 ranked TCU? Iowa State atleast last season was no slouch.

Also Arkansas was up 14-0 on your great defense in the first half and they were up on you 21-14 in the forth so what is your point?

We know your defense is good. But you guys are not unstoppable. Your defense gave up 21 points per game last season. They can be scored on.

BulldogBear
08-14-2018, 09:21 AM
I'm looking forward to some extensive vcash options on this game!

NWADAWG
08-14-2018, 09:34 AM
I got us 24-14 over K-State. Will be a reasonably close game until the 4th quarter when we pull away a bit. The 11 AM start time in a hostile environment is not ideal for us or any team on the road. Manhattan is considerably further west than Starkville and even though in the same time zone, it will feel more like a 10 AM start to our players. Gonna have to be pumped up early!!!

Would you rather us start later in the day? Early game is perfect. We always complain about early home games because it doesn't give the fans as much time to get wound up (drunk).

Lord McBuckethead
08-14-2018, 09:34 AM
I am not seeing it.
Arkansas came after losing a burner to Alabama.
Arkansas scored 21 points to start that game off of fluke plays. If you watch the game, we controlled them other than shooting ourselves in the foot a few times.
Our offense was pretty dang good last year, even without all of our WR starter playmakers and without our new freshmen studs. We get all those guys back this year.

We play in the SEC. Manhattan isn't going to rattle us. Sorry. We will lead at the half 24-10 and win 45-13.

Edited to add: That's 6 tds, one FG or maybe 5 Safeties and 5 TDS. No one knows. But KSU will by the end.

najeenena
08-14-2018, 09:50 AM
I am not seeing it.
Arkansas came after losing a burner to Alabama.
Arkansas scored 21 points to start that game off of fluke plays. If you watch the game, we controlled them other than shooting ourselves in the foot a few times.
Our offense was pretty dang good last year, even without all of our WR starter playmakers and without our new freshmen studs. We get all those guys back this year.

We play in the SEC. Manhattan isn't going to rattle us. Sorry. We will lead at the half 24-10 and win 45-13.

Edited to add: That's 6 tds, one FG or maybe 5 Safeties and 5 TDS. No one knows. But KSU will by the end.

So now I hear excuses for the Arkansas game? You haven't heard one excuse from us about the Vandy loss. Fluke plays and shooting yourself in the foot......ok again sounds like excuses to me. Fluke plays, trick plays, mental mistakes, injuries that is all apart of football and helps determine games.

Somehow you guys will hold us to 13 points yet you gave up 21 points avg last season? We both scored 32 points per game. If you hold us to 13 points then it will be a low scoring game for both teams.

I have given in depth statistics and examples to refute most of your fans arguments on this forum. Still though it will all be settled on the field. I will come back on this forum win or lose like a man. If we win I don't want to hear ANY excuses. No we were asleep at the wheel, fluke plays, mental mistakes, shooting yourself in the foot, New Coaches called a bad game, the refs and home cooking etc. No excuses.

This is going to be a much tougher game than you realize. You will see very soon.

Covercorner2
08-14-2018, 09:52 AM
So now I hear excuses for the Arkansas game? You haven't heard one excuse from us about the Vandy loss. Fluke plays and shooting yourself in the foot......ok again sounds like excuses to me. Fluke plays, trick plays, mental mistakes, injuries that is all apart of football and helps determine games.

Somehow you guys will hold us to 13 points yet you gave up 21 points avg last season? We both scored 32 points per game. If you hold us to 13 points then it will be a low scoring game for both teams.

I have given in depth statistics and examples to refute most of your fans arguments on this forum. Still though it will all be settled on the field. I will come back on this forum win or lose like a man. If we win I don't want to hear ANY excuses. No we were asleep at the wheel, fluke plays, mental mistakes, shooting yourself in the foot, New Coaches called a bad game, the refs and home cooking etc. No excuses.

This is going to be a much tougher game than you realize. You will see very soon.

How about you respond to my post, big guy.

TrapGame
08-14-2018, 10:05 AM

Vandy is the worst team in the conference. Bama and UGA beat them like a rented mule in both games. They held you to 7 points with an average SEC defense. They have a mediocre offense that's barely above juco and that's b/c Shurmur is a decent QB. Had your guys walked into Nashville and put up 30 points on them and held them to 14 I'd give your arguments some validity. That's what good teams do. A good team goes into an inferior team's stadium and takes over.

najeenena
08-14-2018, 10:43 AM
Vandy is the worst team in the conference. Bama and UGA beat them like a rented mule in both games. They held you to 7 points with an average SEC defense. They have a mediocre offense that's barely above juco and that's b/c Shurmur is a decent QB. Had your guys walked into Nashville and put up 30 points on them and held them to 14 I'd give your arguments some validity. That's what good teams do. A good team goes into an inferior team's stadium and takes over.

First why are you mentioning Bama and Georgia? Esp Georgia THEY BEAT YOU GUYS LIKE A RENTED MULE. Atleast Vanderbilt put up 14 points vs Georgia. You guys managed THREE.

Also again after going 9-4 in 2015 in 2016 you LOST to FCS team South Alabama AT HOME. So I guess that "good" 6-7 FCS team that also lost to IDAHO went into an inferior teams stadium (You guys) and took over? Thats what good teams do right?

You guys had a hiccup, injuries , over confidence (well I can't use that not vs a FCS team that was formed in 2009) whatever and let an inferior team beat you. The same happened to us vs Vanderbilt.

I have asked you Miss St fans to watch our other games esp vs Oklahoma, WV, Oklahoma State etc. to no avail.

Fine I sincerely hope that the only film your players and coaches watch in the Vanderbilt game. I sincerely hope they think that is the best Kansas State team they will face and that they prepare based on that or don't really prepare at all for the game.

We were a much better team as the season progressed that is a fact.

I can't wait until we play you guys. The looks on your faces is gonna be priceless

najeenena
08-14-2018, 10:47 AM
How about you respond to my post, big guy.

Dude I am one man responding to all of Dawg Nation lol.

I am getting replies and posts from all angles.

I don't see your post in recents. maybe repost again so I can see it. To much work going back through threads looking for your posts

TrapGame
08-14-2018, 10:55 AM
First why are you mentioning Bama and Georgia? Esp Georgia THEY BEAT YOU GUYS LIKE A RENTED MULE. Atleast Vanderbilt put up 14 points vs Georgia. You guys managed THREE.

Also again after going 9-4 in 2015 in 2016 you LOST to FCS team South Alabama AT HOME. So I guess that "good" 6-7 FCS team that also lost to IDAHO went into an inferior teams stadium (You guys) and took over? Thats what good teams do right?

You guys had a hiccup, injuries , over confidence (well I can't use that not vs a FCS team that was formed in 2009) whatever and let an inferior team beat you. The same happened to us vs Vanderbilt.

I have asked you Miss St fans to watch our other games esp vs Oklahoma, WV, Oklahoma State etc. to no avail.

Fine I sincerely hope that the only film your players and coaches watch in the Vanderbilt game. I sincerely hope they think that is the best Kansas State team they will face and that they prepare based on that or don't really prepare at all for the game.

We were a much better team as the season progressed that is a fact.

I can't wait until we play you guys. The looks on your faces is gonna be priceless

That South Alabama loss is on Mullen treating it like a scrimmage. He had no game plan other than play physical. That's not a game plan. Also, the great defensive guru Peter "Leaky D" Sirmon was our defensive co. Might as well have a nutless chimp calling defense. I guarantee you Coach Schneider didn't go into Nashville taking Vandy lightly. It's obvious you guys came to play. If you tell me that the Vandy game y'all lost is even remotely comparable to us losing to USA means you know jack about college football. The host of variables in those two games are not even relatable.

Lord McBuckethead
08-14-2018, 11:15 AM
Alright, Lets just look at it position by position.

QB - We are better. You guys will not have your starter until Late September if even then. 2 Qbs means 0 Qbs.
RB - We are Better. You haven't had a 1000 yard rusher in 4 seasons and your guy only averaged ,3 ypc last year.
OL versus DL - I will take ours.
DL versus OL - I will take ours.
WR and TE - Whop and Guildry are better than anything you have. We have 2 #1s on our team along with 4 #2 skill guys. You lost yours last year. Now that you guys are going to have more Press coverage, you will not be as good in the running game. Press coverage on Whop will amount to some serious missmatches due to his size and strength. Press on Guildry.... Please please please press Guildry. We will RPO to his route side over and over again to abuse your safeties. Everyone covered with their back to the ball, Fitz for 60.

Our entire front 7 on D over your entire front 7. Heck I am taking half of our 3rd string guys over your front 7.

The back end, not sure. But both of us have given up some yards in years past.

All this said and I am a homer, but in reality we have all of our strength coming back from last year. We have plugged holes with better new WRs. We will push the ball down the field, that will make running more effective. And Fitz is Fitz. This game could be a close one, but I just don't see it.

Lord McBuckethead
08-14-2018, 11:16 AM
What is your absolute best position group?

Covercorner2
08-14-2018, 11:20 AM
Dude I am one man responding to all of Dawg Nation lol.

I am getting replies and posts from all angles.

I don't see your post in recents. maybe repost again so I can see it. To much work going back through threads looking for your posts

Kansas State is a poor man's, less athletic version of Mississippi State with less depth. Good, mobile, home-run threat QB. Good running game and OL. Solid defense. Struggles to throw the ball down the field. It's a perfect matchup for us. If it comes down to your OL vs. our DL, that is not good for you. That is the reason we are confident. Probably a close game for a while, but State's depth and athletes will prevail in the end. Something like 35-24.

If you were playing a team like Missouri or Ole Miss, you would run all over them. If we were playing a team like OK State or Texas Tech, I would be worried about our secondary stopping them and us being able to outscore them, but, again, this is a matchup of strength on strength, and I will take the team will more depth and better athletes. We also both return a lot from last year, but we were the better team by virtually every metric.

Lord McBuckethead
08-14-2018, 11:25 AM
Not excuses on the Ark game. Just an account of how it went down. We spotted them 21 points and the game was never in their reach. We manhandled them all day long and truly was one of our worst played games in the entire season. Sloppy from start to finish. Watch the actual game. We put it on them.
1. Literally we had a ball bounce off of a helmet on the first play of the game.
2. They fumbled and kicked the ball to the one yard line on 3rd down. Advanced the ball like 40 yards. Crazy scenario.
Other than that, they had almost nothing else going the entire game.

The biggest thing of note. We played them after losing in the last seconds to Alabama the week before. Heck if we played KSU that week, we would have only one that game by 1 td too.

smootness
08-14-2018, 11:37 AM
Our fans are correct that we are more talented and should be pretty easily better on paper.

What our fans are missing to some degree is that it does not matter in a one-game sample, even if we actually are much better. And there's a chance we're not as good as we think we're going to be.

StateDawg44
08-14-2018, 11:38 AM
This game was just another OOC game on the schedule for me this year. Reading through this thread and reading the $hit talking makes it feel that much more excited and more like football season is upon us.

Kickoff can't happen soon enough. Glad we won't have to wait that long to check K-State off the list.

najeenena
08-14-2018, 11:45 AM
That South Alabama loss is on Mullen treating it like a scrimmage. He had no game plan other than play physical. That's not a game plan. Also, the great defensive guru Peter "Leaky D" Sirmon was our defensive co. Might as well have a nutless chimp calling defense. I guarantee you Coach Schneider didn't go into Nashville taking Vandy lightly. It's obvious you guys came to play. If you tell me that the Vandy game y'all lost is even remotely comparable to us losing to USA means you know jack about college football. The host of variables in those two games are not even relatable.

Bottom line with your talent as you state, playing in the toughest division in CFB the SEC west as you state, playing an FCS TEAM (who started their program in 2009) at YOUR Home field and you really want to say your loss is more understandable than us to Vanderbilt??

Again All I see is excuses " no game plan" Treat game like a scrimmage" "Nutless Chimp calling defense" With all your talent and athletes and playing at home against a FCS team you still should have won .

I know a lot about College football dude. I know enough to be honest esp after watching multiple games from the season you lost to USA and from last season when you struggled and where down 14-0 to Arkansas that you are a very good team and one or two games in a season doesn't define you.

As I have stated keep believing the best Kansas State Team you will see will be the one that played Vanderbilt.

Oh yes their were variables in our game vs Vanderbilt but I chose not to mention them on this board. I prefer to just take a loss like a man no excuses. The better team doesn't always win in Football. You guys should know that first hand.

Jarius
08-14-2018, 11:50 AM
Bottom line with your talent as you state, playing in the toughest division in CFB the SEC west as you state, playing an FCS TEAM (who started their program in 2009) at YOUR Home field and you really want to say your loss is more understandable than us to Vanderbilt??

Again All I see is excuses " no game plan" Treat game like a scrimmage" "Nutless Chimp calling defense" With all your talent and athletes and playing at home against a FCS team you still should have won .

I know a lot about College football dude. I know enough to be honest esp after watching multiple games from the season you lost to USA and from last season when you struggled and where down 14-0 to Arkansas that you are a very good team and one or two games in a season doesn't define you.

As I have stated keep believing the best Kansas State Team you will see will be the one that played Vanderbilt.

Oh yes their were variables in our game vs Vanderbilt but I chose not to mention them on this board. I prefer to just take a loss like a man no excuses. The better team doesn't always win in Football. You guys should know that first hand.

The Kansas State team we face will not be as bad as the one that lost to Vandy. Not even close. It will still not matter.

najeenena
08-14-2018, 12:11 PM
Alright, Lets just look at it position by position.

QB - We are better. You guys will not have your starter until Late September if even then. 2 Qbs means 0 Qbs.
RB - We are Better. You haven't had a 1000 yard rusher in 4 seasons and your guy only averaged ,3 ypc last year.
OL versus DL - I will take ours.
DL versus OL - I will take ours.
WR and TE - Whop and Guildry are better than anything you have. We have 2 #1s on our team along with 4 #2 skill guys. You lost yours last year. Now that you guys are going to have more Press coverage, you will not be as good in the running game. Press coverage on Whop will amount to some serious missmatches due to his size and strength. Press on Guildry.... Please please please press Guildry. We will RPO to his route side over and over again to abuse your safeties. Everyone covered with their back to the ball, Fitz for 60.

Our entire front 7 on D over your entire front 7. Heck I am taking half of our 3rd string guys over your front 7.

The back end, not sure. But both of us have given up some yards in years past.

All this said and I am a homer, but in reality we have all of our strength coming back from last year. We have plugged holes with better new WRs. We will push the ball down the field, that will make running more effective. And Fitz is Fitz. This game could be a close one, but I just don't see it.

Dude at least if you are going to post stats do some research and post the correct information. You are posting your "opinion" on the offensive and defensive prowess of both teams. I provided the offensive stats from last season for both teams. They are nearly identical . Here is some of what I posted previously:

Miss State:
9-4, 4-4 SEC play
RB: 1135 Rushing, 4.7ypg, 6Tds, 85ypg (on 236 attempts)

Kansas State:
8-5, 5-4 in Big 12
RB: 819 rushing, 5.6ypc, 7 TDs, 63ypg (on 146 attempts)

First your comments on our RB. Don't know where you got your info from or you just made it up or pulled it out of your rear end. Our RB ran for 819 yards on 146 attempts for a 5.6 avg yard per carry. This is while splitting carries with two other RBs and the QB....the QB run is a big part of our offense. Our two QBs ran for a total of 767 yards and 4.5 yards per carry.

By contrast your RB had almost 100 more carries and his yards per carry was almost a full YARD less than our RB. I have already described our RB to you. He is 6'1' 225lbs. He is a load.

I have already described in detail our OL......man by man. They are regarded as The best OL in CFB by some and a consistent Top 10 OL in the Nation by others. Your defense gave up 21 points per game last season and about 120yds rushing per game. We will run the ball on you.

I also hope you prepare as if we cannot throw. I believe you guys will also stack the box to stop our run. If you don't and play a base defense we will relentlessly and methodically plug along at 4-5 yards rushing a play. When you do stack the box you will see we can pass over the top.

Yes your homerisim is showing as it is for most on this board. With your recruiting 4 stars consistently recently and your successes last season I understand.

It is amazing that you honestly believe your 3rd string guys over our starters...wow. Hey man you guys had a great year last season but you are not Bama with 5 stars riding the bench. If I wasn't from Alabama and if I didn't know the history of Miss St I would think you guys are the best thing since Bama.......

Anyway one of will be proven wrong very soon. I just hope your players and staff go in thinking like many on this board. They are gonna be in for a real shock.

Bothrops
08-14-2018, 12:15 PM
The 2016 MSU season should always have an asterisk. Anything denoting the 2016 coaching debacle should list that we had the perfectly engineered antidote to our own defense - Peter Sirmon. The 2016 season was the country club at it's finest.

TrapGame
08-14-2018, 12:16 PM

I just watched the Oklahoma game. Oklahoma's front seven on defense are not as good as ours this year. Sweat and Simmons are gonna be hell on your OL. I don't care if they are potentially the best group in college football. Your defense had trouble stopping the run all game. I don't know why Riley kept going away from it. I would have run the ball down your throats. Hell, Mayfield is NOT a dual threat by any stretch but when he did run y'all couldn't catch him until he got twenty yards or he hit the end zone for 6. You will have to contend with a dual threat QB in Fitz and a 1,000 yrd back in Aeris.

And on another note, Lincoln Riley better be glad he had Mayfield as QB or that team would have struggled to win 7 games.

TrapGame
08-14-2018, 12:23 PM
Anyway one of will be proven wrong very soon. I just hope your players and staff go in thinking like many on this board. They are gonna be in for a real shock.

I can assure you they are not. With Nick a fifth year senior and more free time now I'm sure he's already spent time in the film room looking over your defense. And I'm sure Coach Moorhead has too. That's why fans like us get to beat our chests and act superior. The coaches and players should never take anyone for granted.

najeenena
08-14-2018, 12:23 PM
What is your absolute best position group?

Opinions vary.

Some say the RBs, some Say the DBs,

I say our OL. Rated as best in CFB by 247 and consistently rated in top 10 by many others. Over 100 combined starts between them. This is their 3rd year starting together.

RT is an All American and rated by Pro Football Focus at top OT in CFB and is a projected 1st round pick
RG is All Big 12 and rated by PFF as the 3rd best Pass blocking OG in FBS
Center is All Big 12 and Remington Nominee for best center in the Nation
LG is All Big 12 and rated as one of the top 2020 guards in the Nation by PFF
LT is All Big 12 and rated as one of the top tackles for 2020 draft

They are a very physical technically sound unit. It will be a battle in the trenches.

najeenena
08-14-2018, 12:30 PM
Ok dude whatever you say..........

You do know we have several players on our team who played with Sweat on his High School team? They know him very well.

It will be a hell of battle between Sweat and our All American Tackle.

Same with Simmons and our guards esp our RG.

We also have a dual threat QB in Delton. He is a legit 4.4 guy. Our RB is also very good. He is 6'1' 225lbs. He had over 800 yards on almost 100 less attempts than Aeris. He also ran for almost a full yard per carry more than Aeris (5.6 vs 4.7)

Remember no excuses if we win......

Lord McBuckethead
08-14-2018, 12:33 PM
Dude at least if you are going to post stats do some research and post the correct information. You are posting your "opinion" on the offensive and defensive prowess of both teams. I provided the offensive stats from last season for both teams. They are nearly identical . Here is some of what I posted previously:

Miss State:
9-4, 4-4 SEC play

Kansas State:
8-5, 5-4 in Big 12

First your comments on our RB. Don't know where you got your info from or you just made it up or pulled it out of your rear end. Our RB ran for 819 yards on 146 attempts for a 5.6 avg yard per carry. This is while splitting carries with two other RBs and the QB....the QB run is a big part of our offense. Our two QBs ran for a total of 767 yards and 4.5 yards per carry.

By contrast your RB had almost 100 more carries and his yards per carry was almost a full YARD less than our RB. I have already described our RB to you. He is 6'1' 225lbs. He is a load.

I have already described in detail our OL......man by man. They are regarded as The best OL in CFB by some and a consistent Top 10 OL in the Nation by others. Your defense gave up 21 points per game last season and about 120yds rushing per game. We will run the ball on you.

I also hope you prepare as if we cannot throw. I believe you guys will also stack the box to stop our run. If you don't and play a base defense we will relentlessly and methodically plug along at 4-5 yards rushing a play. When you do stack the box you will see we can pass over the top.

Yes your homerisim is showing as it is for most on this board. With your recruiting 4 stars consistently recently and your successes last season I understand.

It is amazing that you honestly believe your 3rd string guys over our starters...wow. Hey man you guys had a great year last season but you are not Bama with 5 stars riding the bench. If I wasn't from Alabama and if I didn't know the history of Miss St I would think you guys are the best thing since Bama.......

Yeah, and every running back we played has or will get drafted from teams that OLs are better than yours. Guise, the GA boys, AU RB, heck even UMs running back would start for you team.

All games from 2016 doesn't mean a dang thing for this season. Hell Sirmon was our coach. That cat would have given up 700 yards a game if he coached at KSU.

Truth is, I have no idea who is on your team. What they did last year, or the circumstances of those losses to powerhouse Vandy. And I don't care. I will watch your games against whomever you want, and I would bet those teams took you about as serious as we took Ark in 2017. Difference is, we don't have to play Bama prior to this road trip. Mullen is no longer here to phone in his effort. And our team last year beat a Heisman Trophy winner without a coaching staff. All I know is our coaching is better, our team is better, and short of Clemson or Bama week 2, we are not losing. Period. Line up whomever you want.

Lord McBuckethead
08-14-2018, 12:40 PM
I would like to add, if you want to have a team versus team discussion, we can start a new thread. I am here on this thread to talk shit. And right now, KSU is about at the level as USM for me.

chainedup_Dawg
08-14-2018, 12:42 PM

Miss State:
9-4, 4-4 SEC play

Kansas State:
8-5, 5-4 in Big 12

The RB comparison is a joke at best. If you think our RBs couldn't find 1.0 ypc more playing the likes of Central AR, Vandy, Charlotte, TX, Kansas, TX Tech, W. VA, Iowa St and UCLA in a single season then you are smoking crack. That's essentially 9 games that would be gimmes to the team we are fielding this year. Also, you lost your best WR, and I believe your top 4 tacklers on defense. Had our RBs faced a season like yours last year we would've had two 1,000 yard rushers.

TrapGame
08-14-2018, 12:54 PM
The RB comparison is a joke at best. If you think our RBs couldn't find 1.0 ypc more playing the likes of Central AR, Vandy, Charlotte, TX, Kansas, TX Tech, W. VA, Iowa St and UCLA in a single season then you are smoking crack. That's essentially 9 games that would be gimmes to the team we are fielding this year. Also, you lost your best WR, and I believe your top 4 tacklers on defense. Had our RBs faced a season like yours last year we would've had two 1,000 yard rushers.

THIS!

Vandy's defense shut his ass down. I'm sure when your an RB in the Big12 your numbers look decent against some really weak defenses.

Bothrops
08-14-2018, 12:55 PM
We also have a dual threat QB in Delton. He is a legit 4.4 guy. Our RB is also very good. He is 6'1' 225lbs. He had over 800 yards on almost 100 less attempts than Aeris. He also ran for almost a full yard per carry more than Aeris (5.6 vs 4.7)

Big 12 defensive fronts don't compare to those in the SEC West. Your RB may be better than Williams, but I doubt he's as good as Hill.

najeenena
08-14-2018, 01:26 PM
Yeah, and every running back we played has or will get drafted from teams that OLs are better than yours. Guise, the GA boys, AU RB, heck even UMs running back would start for you team.

All games from 2016 doesn't mean a dang thing for this season. Hell Sirmon was our coach. That cat would have given up 700 yards a game if he coached at KSU.

Truth is, I have no idea who is on your team. What they did last year, or the circumstances of those losses to powerhouse Vandy. And I don't care. I will watch your games against whomever you want, and I would bet those teams took you about as serious as we took Ark in 2017. Difference is, we don't have to play Bama prior to this road trip. Mullen is no longer here to phone in his effort. And our team last year beat a Heisman Trophy winner without a coaching staff. All I know is our coaching is better, our team is better, and short of Clemson or Bama week 2, we are not losing. Period. Line up whomever you want.

Ok fellas this is getting redundant......

You played in the SEC West (and lost like you always do) so you are battle tested and since you played Bama and Auburn and lost you are tougher and better than the rest of CFB.......

Then the excuses.....we don't have to play Bama before you (man every post has to mention Bama yet y'all get mad when I say the SEC rides Bamas coat) we don't have so and so Coach anymore, 2016 doesn't mean a thing for this season...ok fair point if 2017 doesn't mean anything either......every year is a new year.

Also as I stated keep believing the K-State team you will face is the one that played Vanderbilt.

Also you will see how good our OL is. Some think they are the best in CFB (247) or a Top 10 Unit (Pro Football Focus).

Also I feel pretty confident Guise and Chubb and Michel and ALL of Bama's backs would start for YOUR team as well.

Also so what you beat Louisville and Lamar Jackson....they had the worst OL in CFB and almost every game of the season Jackson was running for his life 2 seconds after the snap. Louisville was comparable to our bowl opponent UCLA

Finally you can beat your chest and scream to the world that you have better Coaches , better team etc. Coach Snyder is in the CFB Hall of Fame. Historically esp over the last 2 decades we have won more games than you and we have a winning record and you have an overall losing record. Yes you have done well the last few years esp last season but based on your history that success is an anomaly.

I do like your enthusiasm though even if it is riddled with major homerism..........

najeenena
08-14-2018, 01:29 PM

Well he didn't find that 1 yard vs Charleston Southern, Umass, Louisiana Tech and BYU......................Just saying

najeenena
08-14-2018, 01:32 PM
I would like to add, if you want to have a team versus team discussion, we can start a new thread. I am here on this thread to talk shit. And right now, KSU is about at the level as USM for me.

Not very good at trash talking but hey I will give it a try just for fun:

THINGS YOU WILL NEVER HEAR A MISSISSIPPI STATE FAN SAY

Wrestling is fake.
The tires on that truck are too big.
Checkmate.
You can’t feed that to the dog.
Little Debbie snack cakes have too many fat grams.
Would you like your fish poached or broiled?
Spitting is such a nasty habit.
Be sure to bring my salad dressing on the side.
Duct tape won’t fix that.
My fiancee, Bobbie Jo, is registered at Tiffany’s.
I read an interesting article today.
Let’s listen to NPR.
Hey buddy save your money; this one is on me.
Let a professional paint your car.
Don’t kill it!
I love the sweet sound of the oboe.
May the best man win.

najeenena
08-14-2018, 01:34 PM
More Trash Talking.....(All in Good Fun)

Do you know why the Mississippi State football team should change its name to the “Possums”?
– Because they play dead at home and get killed on the road.

Why doesn’t Mississippi State have ice on the sidelines?
– The guy with the recipe graduated.

What do you get when you drive slowly by the Mississippi State campus?
– A degree.

How do you get a Mississippi State graduate off your porch?
– Pay him for the pizza.

Why is it that the Mississippi State football team doesn’t have a web site?
– They can’t string three “Ws” together.

Did you hear that a Mississippi State player was almost killed in a tragic horseback-riding accident?
– He fell from the horse and was nearly trampled to death.
Thank God the manager of the K-Mart came out and unplugged it.

Jack Lambert
08-14-2018, 01:37 PM
Not very good at trash talking but hey I will give it a try just for fun:

THINGS YOU WILL NEVER HEAR A MISSISSIPPI STATE FAN SAY

Wrestling is fake.
The tires on that truck are too big.
Checkmate.
You can?t feed that to the dog.
Little Debbie snack cakes have too many fat grams.
Would you like your fish poached or broiled?
Spitting is such a nasty habit.
Be sure to bring my salad dressing on the side.
Duct tape won?t fix that.
My fiancee, Bobbie Jo, is registered at Tiffany?s.
I read an interesting article today.
Let?s listen to NPR.
Hey buddy save your money; this one is on me.
Let a professional paint your car.
Don?t kill it!
I love the sweet sound of the oboe.
May the best man win.

If it's lose and should be tight you duct tape it. If it's tight and should be lose you WD 40 it. Come on I know you do more on the farm then just pick corn.

louisvilledawg
08-14-2018, 01:40 PM

I think the 11 am kick will help us tbh. Early morning, late arriving crowd, no time for us to sit and wait around at the hotel. Just show up, kick ass, and leave.

WPS
08-14-2018, 01:55 PM
Not excuses on the Ark game. Just an account of how it went down. We spotted them 21 points and the game was never in their reach. We manhandled them all day long and truly was one of our worst played games in the entire season. Sloppy from start to finish. Watch the actual game. We put it on them.
1. Literally we had a ball bounce off of a helmet on the first play of the game.
2. They fumbled and kicked the ball to the one yard line on 3rd down. Advanced the ball like 40 yards. Crazy scenario.
Other than that, they had almost nothing else going the entire game.

The biggest thing of note. We played them after losing in the last seconds to Alabama the week before. Heck if we played KSU that week, we would have only one that game by 1 td too.

Not sure I would say it was never in reach. Arkansas was driving for the lead with 3 minutes left in the game when Bielema for some reason calls a play-action bomb on 4th and 2 that falls incomplete.

It was a sloppy game though.

TrapGame
08-14-2018, 01:56 PM
I think the 11 am kick will help us tbh. Early morning, late arriving crowd, no time for us to sit and wait around at the hotel. Just show up, kick ass, and leave.

Student section should be half empty after a late night of cow tipping.*

TrapGame
08-14-2018, 01:57 PM
Not sure I would say it was never in reach. Arkansas was driving for the lead with 3 minutes left in the game when Bielema for some reason calls a play-action bomb on 4th and 2 that falls incomplete.

Key word Hog friend. I know y'all are glad to have Chad Morris now.

Jack Lambert
08-14-2018, 02:07 PM
Student section should be half empty after a late night of cow tipping.*

You don't tip cows that are stump broken. I am pretty sure what cows they have are stump broke. Side knowledge: A typical milk cow will produce 200K glasses of mile in it's life time. That's the making of strong bones.

najeenena
08-14-2018, 02:17 PM
If it's lose and should be tight you duct tape it. If it's tight and should be lose you WD 40 it. Come on I know you do more on the farm then just pick corn.
Did you hear about the power outage at the Mississippi State library?
– Forty Bulldogs were stuck on the escalator for three hours.

Did you hear about the fire in Mississippi State’s football dorm that destroyed 20 books?
– The real tragedy was that 15 hadn’t been colored yet.

Did you hear the Rolling Stones are playing at Mississippi State’s stadium?
– Yeah, They’re 10-point favorites.

Why did Mississippi State rise in the rankings this past week?
– Because the sportswriters and coaches considered ‘BYE’ as tougher than any other opponent Mississippi State has played so far this season.

How many Mississippi State freshmen does it take to change a light bulb?
– None, it’s a sophomore course.

What do you call a good looking girl on the Mississippi State campus?
– A visitor.

What does an Ole Miss fan call a 3-9 season?

Progress

Johnson85
08-14-2018, 02:17 PM
Well he didn't find that 1 yard vs Charleston Southern, Umass, Louisiana Tech and BYU......................Just saying

Everybody has cupcakes. I would say the defensive front 7's we faced last year were, in order Bama/UGA, Auburn, then a decent gap, then LSU, then a decent gap, and then some combination of Arky, A&M, UK and then after that Ole Miss.

I don't keep up with Big 12 year to year, so I don't know how stout the defenses you faced were. I assume TCU was at or near the top? Then some ordering of Ok, Ok St, Iowa St, West Viginia? Maybe it's SEC bias, but I think on average, our non-cupcake defensive front 7's we faced was significantly better, with probably our top three as good or better than the top one you faced? I don't think that's too much bias though since two of those teams went to the national championship game and one made it to the SEC championship game over Bama, all with defense as their strength.

Johnson85
08-14-2018, 02:21 PM

It was probably the worst played game I've ever seen us play and still win against an SEC opponent. Surely against an SEC opponent not named Vandy or Kentucky. And then we almost pulled something similar against Ole MIss.

I'll agree with you though, I remember being nervous as shit the entire game. Kept waiting for us to wake up and we played sloppy till just about the end. I wouldn't say the game was never in reach at all.

Dawgbite
08-14-2018, 02:25 PM
More Trash Talking.....(All in Good Fun)

Do you know why the Mississippi State football team should change its name to the “Possums”?
– Because they play dead at home and get killed on the road.

Why doesn’t Mississippi State have ice on the sidelines?
– The guy with the recipe graduated.

What do you get when you drive slowly by the Mississippi State campus?
– A degree.

How do you get a Mississippi State graduate off your porch?
– Pay him for the pizza.

Why is it that the Mississippi State football team doesn’t have a web site?
– They can’t string three “Ws” together.

Did you hear that a Mississippi State player was almost killed in a tragic horseback-riding accident?
– He fell from the horse and was nearly trampled to death.
Thank God the manager of the K-Mart came out and unplugged it.

I like this guy. Can we keep him? Can We huh?

TrapGame
08-14-2018, 02:37 PM
I like this guy. Can we keep him? Can We huh?

Then you clean the litter box!***

parabrave
08-14-2018, 03:32 PM

I was at FT Riley one summer. That place SUCKED and yes we did have a tornado hit the post when I was there . I was so glad I never went back and this is from someone who was at FT Bragg and FT Benning. I would rather live in Phenix City Al than Manhatten/Junction City. Just remember where Cousin Eddie Used to live.

Oh yeah You dopeheads will love it there. MaryJane grows faster than Kudzo up there.

1bigdawg
08-14-2018, 03:37 PM
Opinions vary.

Some say the RBs, some Say the DBs,

I say our OL. Rated as best in CFB by 247 and consistently rated in top 10 by many others. Over 100 combined starts between them. This is their 3rd year starting together.

RT is an All American and rated by Pro Football Focus at top OT in CFB and is a projected 1st round pick
RG is All Big 12 and rated by PFF as the 3rd best Pass blocking OG in FBS
Center is All Big 12 and Remington Nominee for best center in the Nation
LG is All Big 12 and rated as one of the top 2020 guards in the Nation by PFF
LT is All Big 12 and rated as one of the top tackles for 2020 draft

They are a very physical technically sound unit. It will be a battle in the trenches.

You have all 5 All Big 12 OLs? That is/would be amazing. I am sure they are good and the matchup with our DL will be interesting. We are just proud of having 2 1st team All SEC DLs. Going against 5 all conference players will be tough.

I am planning on coming to Manhattan and hope we win like many on here think we will. You guys have a very well coached team.

chainedup_Dawg
08-14-2018, 03:59 PM

Actually, you're wrong.....Just saying.

In the 5 games you mention Williams averaged 2.34 ypc more than your guy averaged in the 9 games I mentioned earlier. So yeah, give Williams 4 more gimmes and I could very easily see him attain that 1.0 ypc that covet so much.

Simply put, the B12 does not have the defensive fronts that the SEC does. If you honestly think it does you don't know as much about football as you think you do. There is a huge difference in playing TCU at home and OU at home in back to back weeks than playing LSU at home then @UGA and @ Auburn in back to back to back weeks and then having to play Bama later in the season. If you say there's not you're simply delusional.

Another funny stat for you, our QB out rushed your RB by 113 yds with only 16 more carries averaging 6.1 ypc. He had 984 yards while splitting carries with RBs, sitting out quarters of games, missing all but a couple of minutes in a game and missing the bowl game due to injury. So, even our QB is a better RB than your RB.

najeenena
08-14-2018, 04:14 PM
Actually, you're wrong.....Just saying.

In the 5 games you mention Williams averaged 2.34 ypc more than your guy averaged in the 9 games I mentioned earlier. So yeah, give Williams 4 more gimmes and I could very easily see him attain that 1.0 ypc that covet so much.

Simply put, the B12 does not have the defensive fronts that the SEC does. If you honestly think it does you don't know as much about football as you think you do. There is a huge difference in playing TCU at home and OU at home in back to back weeks than playing LSU at home then @UGA and @ Auburn in back to back to back weeks and then having to play Bama later in the season. If you say there's not you're simply delusional.

Another funny stat for you, our QB out rushed your RB by 113 yds with only 16 more carries averaging 6.1 ypc. He had 984 yards while splitting carries with RBs, sitting out quarters of games, missing all but a couple of minutes in a game and missing the bowl game due to injury. So, even our QB is a better RB than your RB.

Nice try. Our RB also split carries with 2 other running backs and our QB(s). Our leading rushing QB had 500 yds on 100 attempts for 5.0 avg

Also you play the schedule in front of you. You can keep going on about playing Bama and Georgia and Auburn all you want. Kansas State is a run first team. They are a avg passing team. Everyone knows this so they stack the box with 7, 8 even 9 players (Watch our game vs TCU) yet our running back was just as efficient as yours on less carries and had a higher YPC avg.

Bottom line is our RB is very good, our QB can hurt you with his legs and our OL is EXTREMELY good. You will see when we play.

Lord McBuckethead
08-14-2018, 04:19 PM
Did you hear about the power outage at the Mississippi State library?
? Forty Bulldogs were stuck on the escalator for three hours.

Did you hear about the fire in Mississippi State?s football dorm that destroyed 20 books?
? The real tragedy was that 15 hadn?t been colored yet.

Did you hear the Rolling Stones are playing at Mississippi State?s stadium?
? Yeah, They?re 10-point favorites.

Why did Mississippi State rise in the rankings this past week?
? Because the sportswriters and coaches considered ?BYE? as tougher than any other opponent Mississippi State has played so far this season.

How many Mississippi State freshmen does it take to change a light bulb?
? None, it?s a sophomore course.

What do you call a good looking girl on the Mississippi State campus?
? A visitor.

What does an Ole Miss fan call a 3-9 season?

Progress

First, this is stupid ass one liners. Do you KSU sidewalk fans not realize how to talk shit? Every one of these are "insert school name here" weak bullshit.
KSU has never mattered. Never will matter. Play a joke of a schedule. Play in a joke of a conference. You guys are almost a fancy ass UAB. Meaning, you play in a state where you kind of suck, but have to deal with Kansas that owns you because they are elite at basketball and by all accounts you guys are only good because of your KSU National Champion Crops team. Congrats. Very distinguished.

Yeah yeah yeah, you could say the same about us. Only difference is that UM has never won anything. We are the top school in our state. We have owned UM in all sports, academics, and every other matrix you can come up with forever. Shit their Med School is filled with former MSU grads. UM's Law School is full of MSU grads. Why? Cause UM grads can't get qualified. Yeah they won in football last year.....by taking a cheap shot like a bunch of pussies.

Lord McBuckethead
08-14-2018, 04:20 PM
Also, didn't even know there was a KSU until a couple months ago. #Powerhouse

SmokeyDawg
08-14-2018, 04:54 PM
You're OL is not extremely good. They ranked 115 in tackles for loss and 60th in sacks last year.

chainedup_Dawg
08-14-2018, 05:32 PM
Nice try. Our RB also split carries with 2 other running backs and our QB(s). Our leading rushing QB had 500 yds on 100 attempts for 5.0 avg

Also you play the schedule in front of you. You can keep going on about playing Bama and Georgia and Auburn all you want. Kansas State is a run first team. They are a avg passing team. Everyone knows this so they stack the box with 7, 8 even 9 players (Watch our game vs TCU) yet our running back was just as efficient as yours on less carries and had a higher YPC avg.

Bottom line is our RB is very good, our QB can hurt you with his legs and our OL is EXTREMELY good. You will see when we play.

Ours split with multiple RBs too...point is you're touting your RBs stats while playing much softer competition, there's no debating that, none. We face the same stacking of the box except against defenses that are much much better than you face. Our entire league save for 1 or 2 teams is run first. Everyone knows the SEC is a league won in the trenches and builds their teams as such. The trenches in the SEC are much more stout than the b12, that's not an opinion.

chainedup_Dawg
08-14-2018, 05:36 PM
Oh, and your leading rushing qb still was outgained by ours yo the tune of 984 yards on 162 carries for 6.1 ypc, again, against a much tougher schedule while missing a lot of pt.

1bigdawg
08-14-2018, 05:56 PM
You're OL is not extremely good. They ranked 115 in tackles for loss and 60th in sacks last year.

That is not possible. The have five, count them, FIVE All Big 12 OLs coming back, one of whom is an All American, 1st round draft pick.**

chainedup_Dawg
08-14-2018, 06:02 PM

HA. we're 100 spots better in tackles for loss and 54 spots better in sacks

SmokeyDawg
08-14-2018, 06:44 PM
HA. we're 100 spots better in tackles for loss and 54 spots better in sacks

We must be elite then. In addition, the Big 12 is a league of passing offenses. Only 2 teams are in the top 50 in rushing offenses. I doubt the defenses are built to stop the run like the SEC.

TrapGame
08-14-2018, 06:48 PM
We must be elite then. In addition, the Big 12 is a league of passing offenses. Only 2 teams are in the top 50 in rushing offenses. I doubt the defenses are built to stop the run like the SEC.

Derek Mason's Vandy defense shut down their "elite" Big12 RB and pushed their "elite" OL around for 4 quarters. That wasn't the fluke he wants you to think it is.

Activated Alpha
08-14-2018, 06:50 PM
One thing I know from watching state games, they never make it easy on you. I know state returns everyone, but I won't be boasting about possibly beating the cat skat out of KSU until I watch the Bulldogs do it

99jc
08-14-2018, 07:08 PM
One thing I know from watching state games, they never make it easy on you. I know state returns everyone, but I won't be boasting about possibly beating the cat skat out of KSU until I watch the Bulldogs do it

That's because you is a p u s s. We're gonna beat the 17 outta them and make them like it.

Jarius
08-14-2018, 07:11 PM

Someone is going to need to keep this guy away from sharp objects and tall buildings in a few weeks. You are not running the ball effectively on us. Period. If you can not throw it you are going to get completely shut down. You have not faced a front 7 with this much talent in a very long time. The only 3 decent defenses you faced all year last year shut you down. We will do the exact same thing.

SmokeyDawg
08-14-2018, 07:14 PM
That's because you is a p u s s. We're gonna beat the 17 outta them and make them like it.

He meant to post that in his other account "inactivated alpha" and it's still in the wrong thread. We win by 2 or more td's.

Activated Alpha
08-14-2018, 07:31 PM
Just trying to be realistic because I remember all too well several of yall beat your chests before the Georgia and Auburn game and look how they turned out. I'll continue to wait before I make boastful claims

Lord McBuckethead
08-14-2018, 07:33 PM
Man, I was just kidding. KSU has a good team. They won some they shouldn't have and lost some they should have won. I definitely like KSU better than Kansas, but in truth that isn't saying much.

With all that being said, we still win. Why, cause I still don't see KSU winning this one. Maybe last year, but not this year.

TrapGame
08-14-2018, 07:39 PM
Final Recruiting Ranking Per 247:

Year: K State MSU
2014 #49 #36
2015 #54 #18
2016 #66 #28
2017 #61 #24
2018 #71 #27

Snyder is a hell of a coach. I'll give him that all day long. He does more with less. But there's only so much you can get out of a bunch of 2 stars with a 3 star here or there.

With our depth and talent we will impose our will on them in the 4th quarter. Brave the storm early of a pumped up team and home crowd, then settle in and grind.

TrapGame
08-14-2018, 07:43 PM
Just trying to be realistic because I remember all too well several of yall beat your chests before the Georgia and Auburn game and look how they turned out. I'll continue to wait before I make boastful claims

K State ain't in the same room with AU or UGA. C'mon.

Saltydog
08-14-2018, 07:46 PM
With that said, MSU is simply way more talented this year and that's the truth. We've had some good teams over the past several years but this is by far the most talented and that includes the 2014 team that was ranked no. 1 in the polls deep into the season. '

So, when we kick the cat shit outta you guys and old man Schneider will you come back and take your punishment?

BTW, give me the scoop on Manhattan. I will be there and looking for a few good recommendations on places to eat, etc.

99jc
08-14-2018, 07:47 PM
K State ain't in the same room with AU or UGA. C'mon.

Activated asshole is a rebel ignore his Barrett sallee ignorance.

Activated Alpha
08-14-2018, 08:48 PM
Activated asshole is a rebel ignore his Barrett sallee ignorance.

Look here ****ybaggins, I might be a UM fan, but it's the only UM that matters and it's Michigan. I never once said KSU will win because I believe State will win. If you want to behave like a dink born from your whore mother. go on ahead. Ignorant rebel my ass

GreenheadDawg
08-14-2018, 08:54 PM
Look here ****ybaggins, I might be a UM fan, but it's the only UM that matters and it's Michigan. I never once said KSU will win because I believe State will win. If you want to behave like a dink born from your whore mother. go on ahead. Ignorant rebel my ass

Ain’t no need to bring mamas into this. Thems fightin words

TUSK
08-14-2018, 08:58 PM
Ain’t no need to bring mamas into this. Thems fightin words

He better be glad he didn’t say “sister-cousin”, or I’d already be in his driveway....

KOdawg1
08-14-2018, 10:45 PM
This thread is awesome

Cowbell
08-14-2018, 11:01 PM
He better be glad he didn’t say “sister-cousin”, or I’d already be in his driveway....

Rep given

Activated Alpha
08-14-2018, 11:40 PM

I'll meet ya at the end of the driveway and hand you a natural light. I'll drink with ya instead of fightin ya

TUSK
08-15-2018, 12:30 AM
I'll meet ya at the end of the driveway and hand you a natural light. I'll drink with ya instead of fightin ya

Wise man... I'd do the same, buddy....

99jc
08-15-2018, 07:11 AM

Look here you yankee lovin carpetbagger son of a bitch, march your General Sherman self down here and put one foot on my Pecan plantation and I'll stick my 4-10 squirrel gun up your ass and blow your blue balls back to the great lakes to rest beside Woody punchthroat Hayes and Joe Pa pediphile. We are going to plummel K-state just like we did Michigan the last time we played them. And there's not a damn yankee thing you or your KSU buddies can do.

FISHDAWG
08-15-2018, 08:05 AM

using our second team QB

Lord McBuckethead
08-15-2018, 02:03 PM
using our second team QB

That was a true freshman making his first start and outplayed Lamar Jackson. Point given though it was against Peter Sirmon.

Commercecomet24
08-15-2018, 02:45 PM

Ouch that's pretty ugly for an "elite" OL.

TrapGame
08-15-2018, 02:57 PM
Ouch that's pretty ugly for an "elite" OL.

Go Youtube the Vandy/KSU game from last year. Vandy's defense pushed that "elite" OL around for four quarters.

Commercecomet24
08-15-2018, 03:00 PM
Go Youtube the Vandy/KSU game from last year. Vandy's defense pushed that "elite" OL around for four quarters.

I remember watching bits and pieces of that game. It was extremely boring lol

TrapGame
08-15-2018, 03:06 PM
I remember watching bits and pieces of that game. It was extremely boring lol

The Cliff Notes:

Vandy's defense held them to 7 points. Shut down their RB and dual threat QB. Vandy's offense threw it just enough to back the safeties off so they could run it. Vandy's QB (Shurmur) made some good throws and took off for a couple of big runs. Vandy's coaches made some really good in-game adjustments.

SmokeyDawg
08-15-2018, 04:46 PM
I do find it interesting how much Fitzgerald's style reminds me of Calvin Klein.