PDA

View Full Version : So our big recruiting weekend...

CadaverDawg
07-29-2018, 07:21 PM
Netted us a 2020 commit, Emery to UGA, and Dannis to OM?

Yikes

This staff has been lights out up until this weekend, but they are now 0-1 on Big Dawg Camps. Let's hope we can regain momentum, bc we've lost it and others are building it.

I'm a lil worried about WR. OM continues to seem to be in the lead for several big time WR when we need them worse and they already have a ton of depth there. Are we going to be able to get a Mingo or Dannis?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-29-2018, 07:31 PM
When did Dannis flip?

There was maybe 1 2019 kid expected to commit (Coker Wright) & that was dependent on an offer.

We had 4 commits in the past month. The difference in years past was Mullen would've told those kids to wait until Big Dawg to manufacture recruiting momentum. This staff didn't feel that was necessary.

Liverpooldawg
07-29-2018, 07:41 PM

Yikes

This staff has been lights out up until this weekend, but they are now 0-1 on Big Dawg Camps. Let's hope we can regain momentum, bc we've lost it and others are building it.

I'm a lil worried about WR. OM continues to seem to be in the lead for several big time WR when we need them worse and they already have a ton of depth there. Are we going to be able to get a Mingo or Dannis?

It's July, chill out man.

KOdawg1
07-29-2018, 07:44 PM
I think getting a 4 star commit every week a few months ago spoiled us. It feels like we've cooled off, but I think we're still in good shape.

DogsofAnarchy
07-29-2018, 07:48 PM

Yikes

This wasn?t a big recruiting ?Big Dawg Camp? It was a Friday BBQ and then a Saturday camp. We weren?t expecting to net 5 or 6 new recruits. As a matter of fact, it?s being said in Starkville that the season will matter. Let the coaches do their work before you pass judgement on passing or failing.

Goldendawg
07-29-2018, 07:53 PM
I think getting a 4 star commit every week a few months ago spoiled us. It feels like we've cooled off, but I think we're still in good shape.

It did spoil me. Bama, AU, FSU, and even UNM (thanks for nothing NCAA) getting so many commits in this top MS class has brought me back to earth. Long way to signing day and a big year on the field might help us get some flips for a change. I hate the big boys cherry picking MS players, especially this year.

BHildreth3
07-29-2018, 07:55 PM
It's the same ol shit. Everybody needs to remember the big dawgs have always cherry picked our recruits since the 80's and always will. WE NEED TO PLAY SOME FOOTBALL AND GET SOME GD TOUCHDOWNS VIA THE AIR.

Goldendawg
07-29-2018, 08:05 PM
Anybody know who and how many players at TDC had offers from us? I wasn't expecting 5 or 6, but I wasn't expecting 0. Getting these last remaining top targets is going to be a no hold barred battle. Long way until signing days and it won't be for the faint of heart.

confucius say
07-29-2018, 08:09 PM
If you've been paying attention every one of our recruiting guys has been saying for a month that TDC was never intended to be a big recruiting weekend this year.

Doggie_Style
07-29-2018, 08:23 PM
TDC aside, we have lost momentum....it’s undeniable....I love our current staff but they are not infallible..we are behind on RB, LB and OL...we also need to solidify our WR class...I’m only interested in information as to how we plan to address thse positions and who we are now targeting

Jack Lambert
07-29-2018, 09:11 PM
You are not going to see the flipping like you use to with the early signing period. Kids will get left out if they do it too much and it is getting late. We are five months form Signing day.

Todd4State
07-29-2018, 09:16 PM
We're going to have to get used to how Joe does things. Big Dawg/Top Dawg/Elite Dawg Camp whatever isn't going to be the primary time that Joe puts the class together. If anything to me it seemed like he used it to get inroads with the next class or two.

And it's funny how no one is talking about how we got Jerrion Ealy, Jordan Jernigan, and Tay Sandifer to camp- all Ole Miss commits.

Cooterpoot
07-29-2018, 09:21 PM
If you look around, the last recruiting weekend yielded little big news at any SEC school. We've already gotten most of our spots. Mullen isn't recruiting here Ron Polk style anymore. But you whiners carry on. It's the only thing you're good for anyway.

MarketingBully
07-30-2018, 12:20 AM

Yikes

This worry isn’t rooted in fact. We did make inroads with Mingo and Jackson didn’t flip. Rosebowl also said Emery to LSU and he went to UGA. As some others have said, he doesn’t know what Jackson will do. Thanks to Mullen’s offense and recruiting, WRs are gun shy about us right now. Once they see how we use Whop, Guidry, Williams, Dear/Mixon, they will see this is a WR friendly offense. I think we will be okay.

gravedigger
07-30-2018, 08:17 AM

Yikes

So the biggest question is ?why doesn?t JoeMo understand that our (message board) reputations depend on whether he lands top shelf 24/7 recruits 6 months before signing day??

Of all the NERVE.

Dawgtini
07-30-2018, 09:45 AM
There is a smal window here between dead periods before the season starts. Check out some other schools reporting of their big camp weekends that just occurred. Most talk about how this is not the old camps weekend and they didn?t expect many if any commits. Like someone stated above, it?s more an opportunity to build relationships with the next couple of classes and evaluate some guys that are borderline for offers.

Pollodawg
07-30-2018, 11:35 AM
It’s official. We have the pussiest, most scared fans on the planet.

msudawglb
07-30-2018, 11:56 AM
It?s official. We have the pussiest, most scared fans on the planet.

Ding, ding, ding...winning statement!

99jc
07-30-2018, 12:04 PM
Ding, ding, ding...winning statement!

staff that don't have a clue and that always have a negative opinion.....you know who you are and you need punched in the throat.

Leroy Jenkins
07-30-2018, 12:16 PM
It's because they changed name to Top Dog Camp. *

Sounds like a homosexual weekend retreat.....

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CPJbwU1WcAEcICF?format=png

CadaverDawg
07-30-2018, 01:09 PM
I love dropping a thread like this and then coming back a day later to check it for the first time, and being called a ***** and told I'm overreacting or need to calm down. Lol. I am so unconcerned I didn't remember I posted it until today. Got some discussion going though, and got to see what our local experts thought. Mission accomplished.

We'll be fine, but don't try to convince me a weekend where a hundred kids come and we hold a BBQ for the studs, isn't a "big recruiting weekend". It was, whether we landed anyone or not. Hell, recruiting and evaluating is the only reason we hosted it. It is a big recruiting weekend. Everything else you guys said, I'm cool with. Ha