PDA

View Full Version : D Jackson

bulldogsmsu
07-29-2018, 01:30 PM
What is going on with him? I see people flipping their crystal ball to OM.

Rick Danko
07-29-2018, 01:35 PM
Rosebowl all but conceded him on the last Boneyard. He didn?t come out and say it, but I took it to expect a flip.

msstate7
07-29-2018, 01:42 PM
I remember cadaver saying here that OM people knew his commitment wouldn't stick

Goldendawg
07-29-2018, 01:47 PM
Long way to the signing days, but that UNM can even recruit at the level they are so far shows what a joke their slap on the hand by the NCAA is thus far. If they lose their appeal things will change some but not much.

KOdawg1
07-29-2018, 01:48 PM
His commitment to us was surprising, so it's no surprise that he'd flip to them.

Can't really blame WRs for wanting to go there. WRs are the main component of their offense. Hopefully Joe will show everyone this fall that WRs can have fun here too

KOdawg1
07-29-2018, 01:50 PM
If we could trade Jackson for Mingo, I wouldn't be upset

maroonmania
07-29-2018, 01:53 PM
Rosebowl all but conceded him on the last Boneyard. He didn?t come out and say it, but I took it to expect a flip.

I don't think Rosey knows much about Jackson. He was totally caught off guard when we got his commitment so he's never really been sold on us keeping him. On the same show he basically spent 15 minutes going on about how MSU fans should understand why OM recruits so much better at WR. Yes, they have had a more WR friendly offense over the last few years, mainly because they have had a pathetic run game, but I guess I'm a little perplexed how every MS WR wants to go their direction when they sign 6-7 WRs seemingly every year. For every AJ Brown (who would have been a stud anywhere) they have had just as many busts at WR. But when you sign as many as they do you can afford to have some busts. We have shown at times, like 2015, that our offense even with Mullen could be good for WRs when we have somebody worth throwing to. If we had more Bear Wilson's and Fred Ross's available we would have been a much more pass friendly offense than we have been. But yes, when we have no healthy WRs that can help us, like last year, then it only makes sense to run the ball 65% of the time. I think the best thing for our WR recruiting will be to hopefully see Jason, Guidry and others be legitimate offensive threats this year in Moorhead's system. And I really think they will be. iMO, as long as we have Pickering committed we will at least stay in it with Jackson to the end. A reasonably good showing in the pass game this year and I think we keep him.

Bothrops
07-29-2018, 02:17 PM
It would be wasteful for Jackson to go to OM.

AlSwearengen
07-29-2018, 02:56 PM
Olemiss? passing offense has gone from bubble screen to throw it up way downfield and let a.j. Brown go up and get it when he is playing lesser opponents (didn?t work so well against the better sec schools).

The receivers catch a lot of passes but don?t learn anything about playing the position. Ask Lequan.

Pit Bull
07-29-2018, 03:06 PM
It would be wasteful for Jackson to go to OM.

They are selling him on their 4 star QB from California coming in who will be throwing the ball all over the field in a year or two.

Bothrops
07-29-2018, 03:18 PM
They are selling him on their 4 star QB from California coming in who will be throwing the ball all over the field in a year or two.

We have three 4 star qb's here and on the way.

Todd4State
07-29-2018, 03:44 PM
I don't think Rosey knows much about Jackson. He was totally caught off guard when we got his commitment so he's never really been sold on us keeping him. On the same show he basically spent 15 minutes going on about how MSU fans should understand why OM recruits so much better at WR. Yes, they have had a more WR friendly offense over the last few years, mainly because they have had a pathetic run game, but I guess I'm a little perplexed how every MS WR wants to go their direction when they sign 6-7 WRs seemingly every year. For every AJ Brown (who would have been a stud anywhere) they have had just as many busts at WR. But when you sign as many as they do you can afford to have some busts. We have shown at times, like 2015, that our offense even with Mullen could be good for WRs when we have somebody worth throwing to. If we had more Bear Wilson's and Fred Ross's available we would have been a much more pass friendly offense than we have been. But yes, when we have no healthy WRs that can help us, like last year, then it only makes sense to run the ball 65% of the time. I think the best thing for our WR recruiting will be to hopefully see Jason, Guidry and others be legitimate offensive threats this year in Moorhead's system. And I really think they will be. iMO, as long as we have Pickering committed we will at least stay in it with Jackson to the end. A reasonably good showing in the pass game this year and I think we keep him.

I think you're right. Jackson is related to Jordan Thomas or some other former MSU player so we have that in our corner. We'll see what happens. It's not over until whichever signing day he signs for happens.

Todd4State
07-29-2018, 03:46 PM

We need the season to start. Because more than that they are selling WR's on us being the same offense that we were under Dan. Getsy is an elite WR coach and we have three really good QB prospects on campus now and a fourth committed that is a four star guy. Once the WR recruits see us throwing the ball down the field more it's going to help our cause tremendously.

MaroonFlounder
07-29-2018, 04:08 PM
If we could trade Jackson for Mingo, I wouldn't be upset

I don't think Mingo is very interested.

Todd4State
07-29-2018, 04:15 PM

Then why did he show up to Starkville this weekend?

GreenheadDawg
07-29-2018, 04:51 PM
What I can take from recruiting and reading these recruiting threads. There are VERY few people on here who have any clue what the **** they are talking about.

3rdGen
07-29-2018, 04:53 PM
Then why did he show up to Starkville this weekend?

Keep talking, keep talking......

Bully13
07-29-2018, 05:35 PM
I think 2 day time outs are in order for the negative nellys. their defeatism shit brings bad vibes.

Todd4State
07-29-2018, 05:40 PM
Keep talking, keep talking......

He showed up to Top Dawg Camp and then he later went to Ole Miss. It could go either way but if he wasn't interested in us I don't think he would have showed up at all.

BuckyIsAB****
07-29-2018, 06:05 PM
He showed up to Top Dawg Camp and then he later went to Ole Miss. It could go either way but if he wasn't interested in us I don't think he would have showed up at all.

He is interested.

yjnkdawg
07-29-2018, 06:05 PM
If Jackson wants to play in a high school type offense, and not be developed to help him get to the next level, or improve his status at the next level (see Treadwell for an example), then Ole Miss should be the perfect place for him.

yjnkdawg
07-29-2018, 06:17 PM
I don't think Rosey knows much about Jackson. He was totally caught off guard when we got his commitment so he's never really been sold on us keeping him.

I think just about everybody, with the exception of a couple of our commitments, were caught off guard on he and his family's decision to commit to us.

maroonmania
07-29-2018, 09:51 PM
I think just about everybody, with the exception of a couple of our commitments, were caught off guard on he and his family's decision to commit to us.

Exactly, which tells me these folks saying he will flip have no more clue than they did when he committed to us. Best just to see what happens and quit playing into the narrative. Cadaver started this thread off saying Dannis has flipped which to my knowledge is absolutely not true. OM has their own problem holding their commits like Black and Ealy.

MarketingBully
07-30-2018, 12:29 AM

He told our 247 guys that if Mullen was still here he would have zero interest in us but he is extremely interested in us now that Moorhead/Getsy are here. Jarrian Jones said the same thing. If Mullen was still here, he wouldn?t be at State and now with Moorhead/Huff, Jones is one of our biggest recruiters in this class.

Martianlander
07-30-2018, 07:43 AM
If Jackson wants to play in a high school type offense, and not be developed to help him get to the next level, or improve his status at the next level (see Treadwell for an example), then Ole Miss should be the perfect place for him.

I don't know why this isn't pointed out more to these recruits. Maybe it is but some don't listen.

yjnkdawg
07-30-2018, 07:49 AM
Exactly, which tells me these folks saying he will flip have no more clue than they did when he committed to us. Best just to see what happens and quit playing into the narrative. Cadaver started this thread off saying Dannis has flipped which to my knowledge is absolutely not true. OM has their own problem holding their commits like Black and Ealy.

I don't think anybody, unless they can read Jackson's mind, or possibly a very few close to him, know exactly what his plans are. Those folks sometimes have good sources and other times not so good. Sometimes a kid will tell them exactly how it is, and other times they will keep those folks guessing. I guess talking decommit makes sense, because they were sure that he would commit to OM, and had no clue about him committing to us.

Pit Bull
07-30-2018, 10:33 PM
Dannis Jackson commits to Ole Miss.....he bees gone.

Goldendawg
07-30-2018, 10:48 PM
Dannis Jackson commits to Ole Miss.....he bees gone.

Good thing OM is on probation.*** Welcome to the Wild, Wild, West. Thanks for nothing NCAA.

Hambone
07-31-2018, 01:29 AM
Ole Miss will also finish ahead of us in recruiting. I’m not in “freak out mode” at all. I like our class and think we will get the right players in our system and will have more success, however, Ole Miss will have the better class by signing day.

BiscuitEater
07-31-2018, 04:29 AM
I don't think Rosey knows much about Jackson. He was totally caught off guard when we got his commitment so he's never really been sold on us keeping him.

Steve has been saying that Jackson may flip to OM for over a week. He CB'ed him there. EVERYBODY was 'caught off guard' when he committed to State. Jackson, himself' said that his commitment to State was due to his buds.

When a MSU commit doesn't attend 'Big Dog' or whatever they are calling it and instead .. spends the weekend at OM, NOBODY was really 'sold' on us keeping him.

BiscuitEater
07-31-2018, 04:36 AM
Ole Miss will also finish ahead of us in recruiting. I’m not in “freak out mode” at all. I like our class and think we will get the right players in our system and will have more success, however, Ole Miss will have the better class by signing day.

Nope, not happening. Can we at least play a couple of actual football games and you know .. actually see how good of a team this staff puts on the field .. BEFORE we concede a recruiting championship to Matt Luke.

msbulldog
07-31-2018, 04:53 AM

Our average commit is rated at 88.86 and we have 16. TSUN average commit is rated at 87.37 and they 25. When we add more commits we will pass them.

Pit Bull
07-31-2018, 05:35 AM

They should be a top ten class after the check clears for Nakobe Dean.

msstate7
07-31-2018, 06:12 AM
Our average commit is rated at 88.86 and we have 16. TSUN average commit is rated at 87.37 and they 25. When we add more commits we will pass them.

Who are the 9 commits we get that are 88.86 or better? We are much more likely to go down at avg per recruit than stay the same or go up

MaroonFlounder
07-31-2018, 06:48 AM
Dis my comment all you want, the top WRs in Mississippi (if they stay in state) end up at the shithole in Lafayette county. Almost always do. If Moorhead's offense is what we all hope it is, that will start to change.

Hambone
07-31-2018, 07:18 AM
Exactly. Yes, we are going to add players, however we aren’t going to add 4 and 5 stars. Those are starting to head other places. Like I said, I’m not in meltdown mode, it just is what it is.

Dawg2003
07-31-2018, 07:27 AM
How much difference is there between teams ranked 11-25 in recruiting? Is it minimal or a big deal?

msstate7
07-31-2018, 07:31 AM
How much difference is there between teams ranked 11-25 in recruiting? Is it minimal or a big deal?

Crap shoot. Our team is really talented this season, and it was built on a 4-year recruiting avg of 24.25. As long as there is no drop off in coaching, we will be fine. We will have seasons from time-to-time where we can actually compete for the west, but we won't ever be a contender year-in, year-out

Dawg2003
07-31-2018, 07:37 AM
Crap shoot. Our team is really talented this season, and it was built on a 4-year recruiting avg of 24.25. As long as there is no drop off in coaching, we will be fine. We will have seasons from time-to-time where we can actually compete for the west, but we won't ever be a contender year-in, year-out

That's kind of what I figured. I mean, if you are top 5 in recruiting, that's obviously a substantial difference than being 25, but there seems to be a lot of gray area at some points after that.

Jack Lambert
07-31-2018, 09:57 AM
Exactly. Yes, we are going to add players, however we aren?t going to add 4 and 5 stars. Those are starting to head other places. Like I said, I?m not in meltdown mode, it just is what it is.

We will pass them. I don't think this staff will sit back like Mullen and just let it happen. I for one isn't worried about it. I am going to enjoy the season and then see what happens in December.

maroonmania
07-31-2018, 06:47 PM
Steve has been saying that Jackson may flip to OM for over a week. He CB'ed him there. EVERYBODY was 'caught off guard' when he committed to State. Jackson, himself' said that his commitment to State was due to his buds.

When a MSU commit doesn't attend 'Big Dog' or whatever they are calling it and instead .. spends the weekend at OM, NOBODY was really 'sold' on us keeping him.

And I certainly wasn't "sold" on us keeping him just wasn't ready to concede him while he was still committed to us just because everyone was saying he would likely flip. Because of his relationship with Pickering there still could be a chance to get back in with him if our offense shows to be WR attractive. Will be much easier for a HS WR to get lots of targets from us than the competition he will be up against at OM.

KOdawg1
07-31-2018, 06:52 PM
And I certainly wasn't "sold" on us keeping him just wasn't ready to concede him while he was still committed to us just because everyone was saying he would likely flip. Because of his relationship with Pickering there still could be a chance to get back in with him if our offense shows to be WR attractive. Will be much easier for a HS WR to get lots of targets from us than the competition he will be up against at OM.

This is the key. We're primed for a good season, while Ole Miss is looking at 7-5 at the very best. It's up to CJM to show that his offense is WR friendly and exciting.