PDA

View Full Version : A Reason Why Dak May Have His Best Year Ever--No More Dez . & Whitten to a Degree

Bully13
07-28-2018, 09:06 AM
I remember Dak's 1st practice after Romo got hurt and they were running the 2 minute drill with get out of bounds instructions to preserve clock. Dez catches one near the sidelines and tries to see if he can get a TD instead of getting out of bounds but it was a foolish & selfish attempt due to the # and proximity of defenders on him. Dez got tackled in bounds and 17's the drive and was shocked out how his rookie QB got in his face about it. At the time though, Dez chalked it up as good rookie leadership and courage and how Dak showed balls. But that WAS in a way the origins of their relationship.

I think Dez has been a locker room problem for the Cowboys especially after the latest tweets. He's been pissed for a while on play calling. Been 17ing with Dak about it to, always in Dak's ear. Whitten doing the same to a lesser degree. No reports of Whitten being a cancer though like Dez. Good players want the ball and most all do this, it's just HOW you go about it.

Really lost a lot of respect for Dez on these tweets especially since on one, he distorted the words of Cowboy's Exec VP to get a false narrative across. He's even accusing one of the players on having a role in his ouster.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24213397/dez-bryant-goes-dallas-cowboys-front-office-players

Big4Dawg
07-28-2018, 09:42 AM
Dak has the 2nd worst WRs in the league. I wouldn't be so optimistic

Dawg61
07-28-2018, 09:44 AM
Dak and the Cowboys are going to struggle if they can't extend the field. If he's dinking and dunking and playing check down Charlie the Boys will miss the playoffs again. I talked to a very well known very intelligent former Alabama starting QB that I'll keep nameless a couple years ago that voluntarily told me the Cowboys organization is a total shit show and run like one and has been for the last 3 decades. I have zero reason not to believe him. However they did get it right when they drafted Zeke and Dak (although they seemed to not want to draft Dak initially based on how many QBs they let go off the board and what round they took him in).

ShotgunDawg
07-28-2018, 10:03 AM
I don't disagree that Dez was a problem & Witten was slow, but Dak still doesn't have good WRs.

It's one of the oddest things I've ever seen in that a premier franchise won't surround a young QB with good WRs

RiverCityDawg
07-28-2018, 10:14 AM
Dez is such a headcase. If it wasn't abundantly clear before, the Amazon All or Nothing series shows you exactly what kind of lunatic that guy is. This latest twitter rambling is just more proof of his delusion. It was worth it when he was catching everything near him, but now that he's dropping balls thrown right too him and can't get separation, he's not worth the headache.

They do need some WR help, but they're still better off without Dez.

Bulldog1
07-28-2018, 10:18 AM
I don't disagree that Dez was a problem & Witten was slow, but Dak still doesn't have good WRs.

It's one of the oddest things I've ever seen in that a premier franchise won't surround a young QB with good WRs
Thanks Jerry.

BeardoMSU
07-28-2018, 10:20 AM
Thanks Jerry.

Maybe Dak can throw it to himself...

BuckyIsAB****
07-28-2018, 10:21 AM
If their OL can be good again they will be back in the playoffs. A good OL and Dak and Zeke aint missing the playoffs. That was their biggest problem last year, the OL wasnt what it was in 16.

Between Hurns, Gallup, Beasley, Switzer, Williams and whoever they play at TE it will be enough if they can run the football.

viverlibre
07-28-2018, 10:34 AM
The Patriots do it with no name WRs, hopefully, the Boyz can as well.

MaroonFlounder
07-28-2018, 10:48 AM
The question is whether they can figure out a way to use Tavon Austin, something the rams couldn't do.

Saltydog
07-28-2018, 10:55 AM
ain't happening. Yes, Dak will take the heat but he was running for his life last year.

Cowbell
07-28-2018, 11:00 AM
If their OL can be good again they will be back in the playoffs. A good OL and Dak and Zeke aint missing the playoffs. That was their biggest problem last year, the OL wasnt what it was in 16.

Between Hurns, Gallup, Beasley, Switzer, Williams and whoever they play at TE it will be enough if they can run the football.

This all day! As good as a healthy Tyron Smith is, his backups are not NFL quality. That falcons game showed their opponents their inability as a coaching staff to adjust as well. They are mullin-like in that they will not alter offensive scheme mid-game. That?s the reason they fell apart at the end of the year.

Dawg61
07-28-2018, 11:35 AM

The Patriots have the GOAT QB who has pinpoint accuracy and will throw the ball deep when he needs to.

Pit Bull
07-29-2018, 01:46 AM
ain't happening. Yes, Dak will take the heat but he was running for his life last year.

Losing Witten was basically losing one of their best OL who happened to be able to catch passes. Not fast but reliable.

viverlibre
07-29-2018, 08:46 AM
Dez is such a headcase. If it wasn't abundantly clear before, the Amazon All or Nothing series shows you exactly what kind of lunatic that guy is. This latest twitter rambling is just more proof of his delusion. It was worth it when he was catching everything near him, but now that he's dropping balls thrown right too him and can't get separation, he's not worth the headache.

They do need some WR help, but they're still better off without Dez.

Concur, that Amazon series portrayed him in a poor light.

maroonmania
07-29-2018, 01:36 PM

Michael Gallup and Cedric Wilson were probably the 2 best WRs in the MWC last year. I know its a big jump from the MWC to the NFL but I believe both have very good potential over the next few years.

biggun
07-30-2018, 04:11 AM

Your kidding right??? The Pats hardly play with no name WR’s: Gronk, Julian Edelman, Brandin Cooks (traded after SB loss), Chris Hogan, J Matthews, etc.
However, The Cowboys WR’s are truly 2nd hand shit and the worst in the NFL, which, unfortunately, will cripple Dak ‘s season. Jerry Jones is a total dumbass and shows it each and every year with his bonehead personnel moves.

thf24
07-30-2018, 08:53 AM

It wasn't just not what it was in '16, it was absolutely atrocious in the latter part of the season. Without Tyron Smith they were an absolute sieve with Dak running for his life right off the snap almost every play, and with him they weren't much better. Then on top of it there were the six games without Zeke with extra pressure due to greatly reduced running threat. I agree that OL was the biggest problem last year, and will be the key factor this year, not WR.

Dak is the type of QB who wants route-running technicians who are where they're supposed to be, when they're supposed to be. He'll do better with a relatively average athlete who has that quality over a traditional high-profile, freak athlete, jump-ball type X receiver. Beasley is that kind of guy, and if one or two others manifest themselves as such, I don't think WR will be the problem.

Cooterpoot
07-30-2018, 09:23 AM
This idea that Dak will do better with less talent around him is foolishness. Dallas doesn't have an NFL TE on their roster and one of the worst WR corps in the NFL. Dallas will be lucky to make the playoffs. They'll be around 9-7 at best. Jerry Jones is Al Davis 2.0. He's a damn old fool.