PDA

View Full Version : Ladies Basketball

shannondawg
07-27-2018, 03:00 PM
I just got the bill for the ladies season tickets, $ 345 for two, which includes a parking pass.

I think someone on here posted that the entire lower level is now reserved seating and is probably a sellout.

I have no idea how much the school got for the trips to final four, but it seems to me that with the season tickets along with the general admission, the ladies should be in the black now, which is an accomplishment that very few programs attain.

Not that it matters to me, as the publicity they have received for the school more than makes up for the shortfall is any.

This year could be a helluva trip for us, in the big 3, plus 1/2 being the male chauvinist old fart that I am. Just kidding of course, about the 1/2 that is.

Bully13
07-27-2018, 06:50 PM
After all is said and done, the only thing that matters about Lady's Basketball is that MSU's Women Are Hoop Warriors.

msbulldog
07-27-2018, 07:01 PM
I may be wrong but I don't think the NCAA pays anything for the women's tourney. I think we made some money when we hosted the first 2 tourney games (we were there). I don't think we're quite in the black yet, but season ticket sales and reserved seating is certainly a step forward! 2 season tickets and a parking pass for $345 is a good deal! Hail State!

Homedawg
07-27-2018, 07:08 PM
I just got the bill for the ladies season tickets, $ 345 for two, which includes a parking pass.

I think someone on here posted that the entire lower level is now reserved seating and is probably a sellout.

I have no idea how much the school got for the trips to final four, but it seems to me that with the season tickets along with the general admission, the ladies should be in the black now, which is an accomplishment that very few programs attain.

Not that it matters to me, as the publicity they have received for the school more than makes up for the shortfall is any.

This year could be a helluva trip for us, in the big 3, plus 1/2 being the male chauvinist old fart that I am. Just kidding of course, about the 1/2 that is.
The black?? Not even close. Not even close. We lost over 4 mil on women's hoops his year. We just gave Vic a huge raise and the staff. We will lose our ass more. I'm ok w it. But black?? Never. Ever. Ever.

shannondawg
07-27-2018, 08:06 PM
Wishful thinking on my part, is that your guess or you know that?

I'm like you, we waste a lot of money over there, but this is one thing that brings dividends to us.

Homedawg
07-27-2018, 09:08 PM
Wishful thinking on my part, is that your guess or you know that?

I'm like you, we waste a lot of money over there, but this is one thing that brings dividends to us.

Not a guess...

ScoobaDawg
07-27-2018, 11:54 PM
Not a guess...

Got a link or just know someone or your guess?