PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals call up Dakota Hudson

Todd4State
07-25-2018, 09:34 PM
Should get a start soon. The Cardinals are trying to figure out what to do next year so I expect some more starts from Hudson and PoncedeLeon and Gomber to see who can help next year.

Pinto
07-25-2018, 09:55 PM
I saw Hudson in his last start in Memphis. He was dealing and had a good fastball and slider. 13-2 on the season I think. Glad he got the call.

msstate7
07-25-2018, 10:04 PM
Cubs and Rockies next 2 series. Cubs are #1 and Rockies are #3 in ops in NL. Pittsburgh after that... they're #5. Good luck

Bully13
07-26-2018, 08:42 AM
What's somebody with info's take on Dakota's overall stint with MSU? I remember hearing complaints about him on occasion. Anybody here take us down memory lane on Hudson?

Captain Falcon
07-26-2018, 09:23 AM
What's somebody with info's take on Dakota's overall stint with MSU? I remember hearing complaints about him on occasion. Anybody here take us down memory lane on Hudson?

It took a him a couple of years to put it together, but once he did, he was really good. 2016 Hudson was probably the second best Friday night guy we’ve had since Maholm left. He was not quite as good as 2012 Stratton, but I would say he was better than Pilkington and Small have been.

The Federalist Engineer
07-26-2018, 02:49 PM

True Ace as a junior. He would have pitched in Omaha except we failed to score a run in Arizona game-1 and then our bullpen choked away a win in game-2. In that Game-1, Reid Humphries dropped a ball in left field.

Hudson, Sexton, and Houston were the best starting three since....Reed, Jobes, and George in 1989...probably better. I predict 2 of the 2016 starters will make MLB roster.

I think Hudson was better than 2012 Stratton. Dakota did not lose to Samford after giving up 4 earned runs, he lost to the national runner up, 0-1. Plus, 2012 was a dead-bat year.