PDA

View Full Version : Kylin Hill 15 lbs Lighter

ShotgunDawg
07-25-2018, 09:32 PM
This could be awesome. Excellent contrast to Aeris

https://twitter.com/h_kylin/status/1022296643910205440

tireddawg
07-25-2018, 09:37 PM
Interesting. Only reason to lose weight, speed and agility, hopefully he's faster. What was his 40 time before?

ShotgunDawg
07-25-2018, 09:47 PM
Interesting. Only reason to lose weight, speed and agility, hopefully he's faster. What was his 40 time before?

Yeah, he’d need to be faster and more importantly quicker for it to be worth it.

I like this approach, I always felt Mullen let his RBs get too big. I thought Perkins had a future as a scat guy until he gained 15 lbs and turned into a tweener.

Unless your elite like Fournette or Derrick Henry, I feel like it’s black and white. Be a big guy that can pound or lighter and quick.

BuckyIsAB****
07-25-2018, 09:54 PM
Yeah, he’d need to be faster and more importantly quicker for it to be worth it.

I like this approach, I always felt Mullen let his RBs get too big. I thought Perkins had a future as a scat guy until he gained 15 lbs and turned into a tweener.

Unless your elite like Fournette or Derrick Henry, I feel like it’s black and white. Be a big guy that can pound or lighter and quick.

Hes going to lose even more come camp so he will probably go into season 20-25 pounds lighter

ShotgunDawg
07-25-2018, 09:56 PM
Hes going to lose even more come camp so he will probably go into season 20-25 pounds lighter

Good point. Hopefully it pays off

BuckyIsAB****
07-25-2018, 10:00 PM
Good point. Hopefully it pays off

If it was me I would let him catch the football and run outside zone, sweep, etc and let Aeris pound it.

Kylin is more Saquan than Aeris is. Aeris is our bread and butter, Kylin is our hot sauce

BuckyIsAB****
07-25-2018, 10:02 PM
And I want to see us get in open (2 RB 3 WR) and run the triple and some RPO's.

Moorhead is 10x more creative then me so I think we will. I think we see Fitz and Key at the same time. I know some on here have said he is mainly 11 personnel but I'd be willing to bet we see a lot of different personnel sets

Commercecomet24
07-25-2018, 10:56 PM
If it was me I would let him catch the football and run outside zone, sweep, etc and let Aeris pound it.

Kylin is more Saquan than Aeris is. Aeris is our bread and butter, Kylin is our hot sauce

Agree completely.

Pit Bull
07-26-2018, 12:31 AM
Im thinking Aeris Williams will put up around 1200 yds. this year. I dont see Fitz running as much....probably 500-750 yds. Wouldnt be surprised if Thompson is used a bit at RB in certain situations. Mayden will redshirt, but if one of our top two QBs get hurt, that redshirt will come off quickly.

Leroy Jenkins
07-26-2018, 04:19 AM
And I want to see us get in open (2 RB 3 WR) and run the triple and some RPO's.

Moorhead is 10x more creative then me so I think we will. I think we see Fitz and Key at the same time. I know some on here have said he is mainly 11 personnel but I'd be willing to bet we see a lot of different personnel sets

Someone who tracks these things said PSU was 11 personal on 98% of snaps. That's pretty definitive.

RiverCityDawg
07-26-2018, 05:49 AM
Im thinking Aeris Williams will put up around 1200 yds. this year. I dont see Fitz running as much....probably 500-750 yds.

I would take the over on 750 for Fitz and the under 1200 for Aeris...way under.

Agree Fitz will run a little less because his runs will have a RPO tag and the defenses will be playing him to run, so they will turn into passes post-snap. Even still, I think he gets over 750 because he'll have some long ones.

Aeris and Kylin will be close to 50/50 unless Kylin just explodes, so barring injury to one of them, I see Aeris around your 750 mark. He'll have more receiving yards than he did last year though.

Cooterpoot
07-26-2018, 05:51 AM
This isn’t up north. It’ll be 90+ degrees in games in Sept. He’ll be forced to use more personnel simply due to that.

bulldawg28
07-26-2018, 06:22 AM
Im thinking Aeris Williams will put up around 1200 yds. this year. I dont see Fitz running as much....probably 500-750 yds. Wouldnt be surprised if Thompson is used a bit at RB in certain situations. Mayden will redshirt, but if one of our top two QBs get hurt, that redshirt will come off quickly.

No way Williams rushes for 1200 splitting carries and there is absolutely now way Thompson plays Rb with 3 legitimate options there.

bulldawg28
07-26-2018, 06:26 AM
People are not mentioning Nick Gibson much. However, he fits Moorehead's offense better than Williams. He's perfect for the new system and was underutilized with Mullen. If Moorehead and company play this wrong Gibson may leave and we'd have 1 scholarship running back on the team next year. It would be 2 at best with signing one.

smootness
07-26-2018, 07:05 AM
This isn’t up north. It’ll be 90+ degrees in games in Sept. He’ll be forced to use more personnel simply due to that.

I think people are misunderstanding. It's not that he doesn't sub out, it's that they almost always had a formation with 1 RB, 1 TE, and 3 WR.

Sure, he could change it up some and probably will, but that doesn't mean he wasn't subbing players in and out...just that the personnel groupings remained the same.

smootness
07-26-2018, 07:07 AM
People are not mentioning Nick Gibson much. However, he fits Moorehead's offense better than Williams. He's perfect for the new system and was underutilized with Mullen. If Moorehead and company play this wrong Gibson may leave and we'd have 1 scholarship running back on the team next year. It would be 2 at best with signing one.

Murphy could move back down. And RB is the easiest position on the field for a young guy to come in and have an immediate impact. We'll be fine. If a player isn't good enough to get on the field this year, we shouldn't be forcing it just to protect against a transfer. And surely Gibson himself could see the depth chart the following year and realize he'll get playing time by default in that scenario.

Leroy Jenkins
07-26-2018, 07:40 AM

"11 personnel" not 11 players.

When naming a personnel grouping, a specific number system is used to refer to the amount of running backs and tight ends on the field. The first of the two digits is the number of RBs the second digit is the number of tight ends. For example, if there is one running back and one tight end it's 11 personnel. One running back two tight ends, the grouping is called 12 personnel. If there are two running backs and one tight end, the grouping is referred to as 21. Etc etc.

The number of wide receivers on the field is inferred, based on the fact that 11 players are allowed on the field

Ari Gold
07-26-2018, 07:52 AM

If Gibson was going to leave that would have already happened. I don’t see a kid leaving his SR season unless he is a grad transfer. And esp when you go into next spring as the number 2 Rb .. ( depending on who we sign this year )

Bulldog1
07-26-2018, 07:52 AM

Williams is not going to rush for 1,200 yards. Him, Hill and Fitz will probably all be around 700-800.

Ari Gold
07-26-2018, 07:55 AM
Murphy could move back down. And RB is the easiest position on the field for a young guy to come in and have an immediate impact. We'll be fine. If a player isn't good enough to get on the field this year, we shouldn't be forcing it just to protect against a transfer. And surely Gibson himself could see the depth chart the following year and realize he'll get playing time by default in that scenario.

Murphy isn’t a SEC back period. I am actually shocked the kid is still here. Probs to him tho for moving positions and hopefully giving us minutes on special teams
Like you said we will be fine at RB going forward

THE Bruce Dickinson
07-26-2018, 09:23 AM

I work with a guy talks to Kylin some. He told me to expect him to catch a lot of short passes in space. This weight loss seems to go along with what he told me.

msu15
07-26-2018, 09:58 AM
Yeah, he?d need to be faster and more importantly quicker for it to be worth it.

Unless your elite like Fournette or Derrick Henry, I feel like it?s black and white. Be a big guy that can pound or lighter and quick.

Definitely agree. Perkins was noticeably faster in his Freshman and Sophomore seasons compared to Junior/Senior(though he was banged up that last season).

TrapGame
07-26-2018, 10:01 AM
I work with a guy talks to Kylin some. He told me to expect him to catch a lot of short passes in space. This weight loss seems to go along with what he told me.

That's gonna be fun to watch. JoMo has a great offense and the players to execute it.

Jack Lambert
07-26-2018, 10:18 AM

I hope he runs enough to become the all time QB rushing leader in the SEC.

lastmajordog
07-26-2018, 10:38 AM
"I work with a guy talks to Kylin some. He told me to expect him to catch a lot of short passes in space.?
Good...make those Bama linebackers run a lot and get them off the line of scrimmage......

bulldawg28
07-26-2018, 11:59 AM
If Gibson was going to leave that would have already happened. I don?t see a kid leaving his SR season unless he is a grad transfer. And esp when you go into next spring as the number 2 Rb .. ( depending on who we sign this year )

I agree somewhat. However, if I haven't played significantly in 3 years I'm not chancing another.

War Machine Dawg
07-26-2018, 05:14 PM

For the millionth time, McSorley had nearly as many carries at PSU as Fitz did for us last year. Moorhead's offense is built around the QB run, just like Lateral Move's offense. He may run it differently than Lateral Move did, but make no mistake, Fitz is going to run and run a lot. Taking away his legs takes away not just Fitz's biggest weapon, but the effectiveness of the entire offense. The biggest difference between LM & Moorhead offensively is the deep ball.

Leroy Jenkins
07-26-2018, 06:55 PM
For the millionth time, McSorley had nearly as many carries at PSU as Fitz did for us last year. Moorhead's offense is built around the QB run, just like Lateral Move's offense. He may run it differently than Lateral Move did, but make no mistake, Fitz is going to run and run a lot. Taking away his legs takes away not just Fitz's biggest weapon, but the effectiveness of the entire offense. The biggest difference between LM & Moorhead offensively is the deep ball.

Surprised to see McSorley is about 5'11" 190lbs. Don't know why I thought he was bigger.

Todd4State
07-26-2018, 07:08 PM
Yeah, he?d need to be faster and more importantly quicker for it to be worth it.

Unless your elite like Fournette or Derrick Henry, I feel like it?s black and white. Be a big guy that can pound or lighter and quick.

Brandon Holloway disagrees with this.

Todd4State
07-26-2018, 07:09 PM

And Moorhead's RPO based running game.

RocketDawg
07-26-2018, 08:30 PM
Brandon Holloway disagrees with this.

Not sure why you disagree. Wasn't he up to about 140 his senior year? **

bulldawg28
07-26-2018, 08:53 PM

145.6**

Pit Bull
07-26-2018, 09:42 PM
No way Williams rushes for 1200 splitting carries and there is absolutelOIy now way Thompson plays Rb with 3 legitimate options there.

I dont get Aeris splitting time with anyone that much. Look at last years stats. No one was close to Aeris in rushing except Fitz and he's not a RB anyway. Aeris is easily the starter and main ball carrier for this team. He is a physical, tough, and elusive back as there has ever been at MSU. And has breakaway speed to boot if he gets loose. He should get 25-30 carries per game. There's just no other back on the team like him. That position is locked unless he gets hurt.

Goldendawg
07-26-2018, 10:58 PM

Only in games when it was raining.*** I would say he had about a 50 lb all Dawg heart! He didn't call those runs up the middle, the inventor of offensive college FB did, but Holloway gave all he had. Hail State!

Barking 13
07-27-2018, 01:06 AM
Only in games when it was raining.*** I would say he had about a 50 lb all Dawg heart! He didn't call those runs up the middle, the inventor of offensive college FB did, but Holloway gave all he had. Hail State!

He was one tough little dawg. I was amazed at some of the hits he took and got up and did it again, and again, and again.

tireddawg
07-27-2018, 01:34 AM
I dont get Aeris splitting time with anyone that much. Look at last years stats. No one was close to Aeris in rushing except Fitz and he's not a RB anyway. Aeris is easily the starter and main ball carrier for this team. He is a physical, tough, and elusive back as there has ever been at MSU. And has breakaway speed to boot if he gets loose. He should get 25-30 carries per game. There's just no other back on the team like him. That position is locked unless he gets hurt.

I love AW but 25-30 carries a game? So you want him to carry it over 100 times more than last year? You expect Kylin to not get any carries, & what about Gibson? I don't agree with the breakaway speed.

RiverCityDawg
07-27-2018, 05:47 AM

Very physical and very tough, but even Aeris probably wouldn't call himself elusive. He's a good SEC running back. Probably a 4.7 guy and doesn't change direction quickly. You are correct that there is no other back on the team like him. He will start and he will split time with Kylin. It will be interesting to see who has more yards at the end of the year.

bulldawg28
07-27-2018, 08:31 AM

He's not playing under Mullen and will be asked to do things that are suited for a more elusive back. He will split time there is no question about it. He isn't elusive and definitely doesn't have breakaway speed. He falls more trying to cut than any back I can remember.

thf24
07-27-2018, 09:18 AM

I love Aeris but he is not particularly elusive and definitely does not have breakaway speed. I'm sure he'll start and get a ton of carries, but he's going to split time with Kylin because he's not the constant homerun threat that Moorhead wants at RB.

Bulldog1
07-27-2018, 09:36 AM
Hill and Williams will split time and both will end up with around 700-800 years.

War Machine Dawg
07-27-2018, 04:35 PM
I love Aeris but he is not particularly elusive and definitely does not have breakaway speed. I'm sure he'll start and get a ton of carries, but he's going to split time with Kylin because he's not the constant homerun threat that Moorhead wants at RB.

So much this. He's a rich man's Ashton Shumpert. Does everything good, nothing great and makes no mistakes. Kylin has game changing talent. I'll be shocked if he isn't the starter at some point this season. He should have touched it more last year, if we're all being honest.

War Machine Dawg
07-27-2018, 04:37 PM
And Moorhead's RPO based running game.

Thus I said "[M]ay run it differently than Lateral Move did..." Bottom line is that Fitz is still going to tote the rock a whole lot. Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't really know what they're talking about.

BuckyIsAB****
07-27-2018, 04:46 PM
Aeris Williams is the best overall RB on the roster until proven differently. He is one of the better RBs in the SEC and is consistent, doesnt fumble and if we gave him enough carries he could easily top 1000 yards.

I love all the RB coaches on the board though. Aeris is legit. The disrespect is unreal

Lord McBuckethead
07-27-2018, 04:48 PM
Aeris Williams is the best overall RB on the roster until proven differently. He is one of the better RBs in the SEC and is consistent, doesnt fumble and if we gave him enough carries he could easily top 1000 yards.

I love all the RB coaches on the board though. Aeris is legit. The disrespect is unreal

I agree. Aeris is the best overall RB on the roster. Love that guy. Hill is going to make it difficult on Aeris getting the amount of carries Aeris needs to warm up.

Lord McBuckethead
07-27-2018, 04:49 PM
Also would like to add, it is straight old School Mississippi State fan to think the guy on the bench is better, almost every time.
Until a player becomes almost the overwhelming clear starter like Simmons or Dak that is.

BuckyIsAB****
07-27-2018, 04:52 PM
Hill deserves come carries no doubt. He is explosive and is gonna be better than he was a year ago. Not hating on him but its Aeris's job until Kylin takes it.

Both will play and both will have a big impact.

Pit Bull
07-27-2018, 10:07 PM

If Aeris is not a homerun threat, then there is no homerun threat on the team.....except maybe Fitz.....but Fitz has lost speed and I don't think they will run him near as much anyway. Which one of our backs easily ran over and outran BAMA defenders for 2 TDs last year.....nuff said.

Coach007
07-27-2018, 10:35 PM
This could be awesome. Excellent contrast to Aeris

https://twitter.com/h_kylin/status/1022296643910205440

Just from memory, I would not have guessed him to be 225.... I'm shocked.

Captain Falcon
07-27-2018, 11:59 PM
If Aeris is not a homerun threat, then there is no homerun threat on the team.....except maybe Fitz.....but Fitz has lost speed and I don't think they will run him near as much anyway. Which one of our backs easily ran over and outran BAMA defenders for 2 TDs last year.....nuff said.

Home run threat = big play threat. Aeris is a bruiser, but no threat to break off a 70 yard run. I think Kylin can, though.

War Machine Dawg
07-28-2018, 07:15 PM
Home run threat = big play threat. Aeris is a bruiser, but no threat to break off a 70 yard run. I think Kylin can, though.

Some people have no idea what "home run threat" means. You have to explicitly spell it out for them. You hit the nail on the head. Aeris isn't going to rip off a 70 yard TD run. He gets caught after 20-25 yards frequently. Aeris is damn good and has 3 major assets: 1) He doesn't lose yards, 2) He doesn't fumble, and 3) There's nothing he isn't at least average at doing.

But as a pure runner, Kylin is better. He's got explosive, game breaking speed. If he improves his blocking a bit, he'll overtake Aeris. And to me, that says a lot more about how good Hill can be. It's not a shot at Aeris. We all know Aeris is a 1000 yard back.

TheRef
07-28-2018, 07:23 PM
Aeries is our "We need 2-4 yards" back. Kylin is our "Blow them out of the water" back. Each has their purpose, and together it's a dangerous duo. Add in Fitz in there, and it's lethal.

Pit Bull
07-29-2018, 01:50 AM
Aeris is the starter, our best back. Kylin is our future after Aeris graduates or gets hurt. Period.

Lord McBuckethead
07-29-2018, 07:36 AM
With all that being said, the best thing that could happen for the team is KHill being so good he demands 50%+ of the carries. It means our backfield is producing. Aeris is going to be great. If KHill takes carries, it is just a huge + for the overall team.

thf24
07-29-2018, 09:16 AM

Whichever Aeris Williams you've been watching the last 3 years, he's not ours. He has a career long of 28 yards. Don't you think a senior with "breakaway speed" by SEC standards should have at least one career 50+ yard touchdown? He ran OVER Bama defenders last year, yes, but did not outrun any. He had a long of 12 yards in that game. Aeris is a great player and he's going to have a great year for us, but why make him out to be something he's not? He's going to be the thunder, Kylin is going to be the lightning.

preachermatt83
07-29-2018, 09:33 AM
ATrain is a powerful back. A very good Sec back and a one of my favorite dawgs. Anyone insinuating however, that he is a homerun threat has obviously not watched him play. He will start but he will split carries with Kylin. He runs a 4.75. Kylin is an NFL back... atrain is not.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-29-2018, 09:42 AM
ATrain is a powerful back. A very good Sec back and a one of my favorite dawgs. Anyone insinuating however, that he is a homerun threat has obviously not watched him play. He will start but he will split carries with Kylin. He runs a 4.75. Kylin is an NFL back... atrain is not.

I definitely disagree that Aeris isn't a NFL back.

Turfdawg67
07-29-2018, 10:29 AM
Some people have no idea what "home run threat" means. You have to explicitly spell it out for them. You hit the nail on the head. Aeris isn't going to rip off a 70 yard TD run. He gets caught after 20-25 yards frequently. Aeris is damn good and has 3 major assets: 1) He doesn't lose yards, 2) He doesn't fumble, and 3) There's nothing he isn't at least average at doing.

But as a pure runner, Kylin is better. He's got explosive, game breaking speed. If he improves his blocking a bit, he'll overtake Aeris. And to me, that says a lot more about how good Hill can be. It's not a shot at Aeris. We all know Aeris is a 1000 yard back.

If he's getting caught frequently after 20-25 yard runs... he's an amazing freaking back. I'll take frequent 20 yard runs all day!

Dental Dawg33
07-29-2018, 10:46 AM
Frankly I think it's one of the best RB duos in the country. Atrain is the type of physical back that is going to wear down a defense. 2-4 yards a carry doesn't sound like much but do that 20 carries in a row and defenses get pounded and exhausted. Death by 1000 cuts. That's when it's nice to have Hill to step in and take full advantage. Like previously stated, they're going to be thunder and lightening. Perfect combo to compliment one another.

RiverCityDawg
07-29-2018, 11:59 AM
I definitely disagree that Aeris isn't a NFL back.

He'll have to get in the right camp with the right RB depth chart and hope he does well enough on special teams to get one of the last roster spots. He won't be signed as a 1 or 2 back.

He'll improve his chances if he can add a real pass catching threat to his game this year. Just not sure he'll be able to overcome the lack of speed and change of direction deficiencies.

Ari Gold
07-29-2018, 05:12 PM

Jordan Wilkins went 4th round
ATrain will get drafted...

bulldawg28
07-29-2018, 05:28 PM
Williams and Hill put me in the mind of Minnesota's tandem of Laurence Maroney and Marion Barber.

War Machine Dawg
07-29-2018, 06:20 PM
Jordan Wilkins went 4th round
ATrain will get drafted...

And Wilkins, despite the lack of production, has measurables that A-Train doesn't. In other words, he's faster. That doesn't mean he won't get drafted, but I'll be surprised if A-Train makes a roster.

When A-Train runs a 4.7+ 40 at either the Combine or his pro day, he's going to fall way down the boards. Aeris is an outstanding college back, but his lack of speed is a killer at the next level. Ask Boobie. And I think Boobie was faster than A-Train.

Ari Gold
07-29-2018, 06:27 PM
And Wilkins, despite the lack of production, has measurables that A-Train doesn't. In other words, he's faster. That doesn't mean he won't get drafted, but I'll be surprised if A-Train makes a roster.

When A-Train runs a 4.7+ 40 at either the Combine or his pro day, he's going to fall way down the boards. Aeris is an outstanding college back, but his lack of speed is a killer at the next level. Ask Boobie. And I think Boobie was faster than A-Train.

And Boobie was in the league for what 6 years or so...

thf24
07-29-2018, 07:02 PM
And Boobie was in the league for what 6 years or so...

It's worth noting that Boobie stuck as long as he did because he was a special teams champ, not because of his ability as a running back. If Aeris can demonstrate similar effort and willingness, I'll buy that he'll make a roster.

jackindabox
07-30-2018, 02:17 PM
Hill is the best RB the school has ever had. He will get the vast majority of the carries because Moorhead keeps the same 11 players on the field because of his offensive strategy. It isn't necessarily a quick paced no huddle but he doesn't huddle or substitute so that the defense cant adjust based on personnel changes. He keeps the same 11 in and runs multiple plays out of the same formation. For this reason the RB at the beginning of the series will almost always be the same RB at the end of the series. That RB will be Hill because he has big play potential. This assuming they are both preparing and learning the offense at the same level. Without knowing who is understanding the offense better it is tough to say for sure who will be number 1 but Hill is more talented and Moorhead doesn't change personnel.

Cowbell
07-30-2018, 02:36 PM
Hill is the best RB the school has ever had. He will get the vast majority of the carries because Moorhead keeps the same 11 players on the field because of his offensive strategy. It isn't necessarily a quick paced no huddle but he doesn't huddle or substitute so that the defense cant adjust based on personnel changes. He keeps the same 11 in and runs multiple plays out of the same formation. For this reason the RB at the beginning of the series will almost always be the same RB at the end of the series. That RB will be Hill because he has big play potential. This assuming they are both preparing and learning the offense at the same level. Without knowing who is understanding the offense better it is tough to say for sure who will be number 1 but Hill is more talented and Moorhead doesn't change personnel.

Easy there Jack. Do you remember Keifer McGee or JJ Johnson or Jerious Norwood? Put those three in todays offense and their numbers would soar. Lets give hill a few more carries before we start with the greatness assumptions.

As for Moorheads offense, he will interchange personnel but plans to keep the same formation, he doesn't necessarily leave the same 11 players in. I would expect to see Hill moved around some. I would not be surprised to see him line up in the slot with A-train in the backfield or vice versa.

RiverCityDawg
07-30-2018, 08:14 PM
Hill is the best RB the school has ever had.

Whoa, I thought I was driving the Kylin Hill bandwagon, but I see I need to turn my keys over to you. Let's review where he stands as "best ever" when his State career is over. For now we can agree that he is the most talented RB on the team currently.

Bubb Rubb
07-30-2018, 10:12 PM
Hill is the best RB the school has ever had.

Post less, please.