PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like OM is Down a DT

ShotgunDawg
07-25-2018, 06:44 PM
Their 88 rated JUCO DT from Arizona Western Noah Jefferson is apparently getting the Rivers/Cole treatment.

That defense will be horrid, but wait till 2019; that?s when the real fun begins.

Captain Falcon
07-25-2018, 07:18 PM
They have no depth on an already bad defense, and lost their best players from last year as well.

That offense HAS to be elite, or else they are screwed. Their receivers are great, but I think Wilkins is a bigger loss than they realize (they think Scottie Phillips is the second coming of Deuce but I just don’t see it at all), and I’m not sure Ta’amu can be any better than he was for them last year. I think he might take a step back this year.

They are a really interesting team. I personally think they have enough talent to win 6-7 games, but many of their more winnable SEC games are on the road. They are banking on wins in Little Rock and Nashville, but their history with those two teams suggests they could easily lose to both of them. That Texas Tech game in Week 1 is huge for them. Lose that game and then lose in Little Rock later, this might be a 3-4 win team. But if they win one or both of those, I think they’ll be fairly decent, although there is zero excuse for us to lose to them this year.

KOdawg1
07-25-2018, 07:36 PM
That offense better be damn good, otherwise, they're looking 4-8 right in the face.

Taamu is good but now that teams have some film on him, it'll be interesting to see how he does.

BuckyIsAB****
07-25-2018, 07:37 PM
They will beat TTU and Vandy. At Arkansas will be tough depending on what happens between now and then.

They are going to be good on offense, idk if they are elite on O but they are good. They just dont have enough on defense to be a serious threat. 6-6. If I were them I'd take 6-6 given the circumstances

Dolphus Raymond
07-25-2018, 07:47 PM
What happened? Grades? That sucks for Ole Miss.

confucius say
07-25-2018, 09:03 PM
From a 9-3 program with back to back NY6 bowl games to fighting for 5-7/6-6 and no bowl game for at least three straight years. Sucks to be them.

NWADAWG
07-25-2018, 09:11 PM
That offense better be damn good, otherwise, they're looking 4-8 right in the face.

Taamu is good but now that teams have some film on him, it'll be interesting to see how he does.

I think getting sacked 5+ times a game and beat up for an entire season will affect his passing efficiency too.

somebodyshotmypaw
07-25-2018, 09:12 PM
Wait until they lose Ta'amu, Little, AJ, DK, Rawlings, and Javon Patterson off the offense.

thf24
07-25-2018, 09:18 PM
Ta'amu is on the same trajectory as Shea was a year prior. Come in late in the season with no meaningful film and look pretty good, finish with a mediocre game, and now there's several games worth of film out on you for offseason study. I also think Longo's pee wee offense gets exposed big time once the QB's game is figured out.

BrunswickDawg
07-25-2018, 09:22 PM
From a 9-3 program with back to back NY6 bowl games to fighting for 5-7/6-6 and no bowl game for at least three straight years. Sucks to be them.
"Back to back Cotton Bowls!!"

Funny how often history repeats itself with those clowns

Todd4State
07-25-2018, 09:29 PM
Wait until they lose Ta'amu, Little, AJ, DK, Rawlings, and Javon Patterson off the offense.

I'm not sure that DK goes pro after this year. Maybe I'm wrong but anyone with ties to Terrance Metcalf I would think would be there for four years.

PassInterference
07-25-2018, 09:30 PM
Their QB is going to be asked to light up the scoreboard and probably from behind. He will force stuff and the results won?t be good. They might pull out a couple surprising wins. But don?t look for a winning season.

Todd4State
07-25-2018, 09:32 PM
Ta'amu is on the same trajectory as Shea was a year prior. Come in late in the season with no meaningful film and look pretty good, finish with a mediocre game, and now there's several games worth of film out on you for offseason study. I also think Longo's pee wee offense gets exposed big time once the QB's game is figured out.

They had a year sort of similar to our 2007. They beat Kentucky on the last play and the only reason they beat us is because they hurt Nick. Their offense actually improved when Shea went down because it caused them to be more balanced. Without Wilkins they're going to have to go back to being pass first with little running threat.

Goldendawg
07-25-2018, 09:42 PM
"Back to back Cotton Bowls!!"

Funny how often history repeats itself with those clowns

"Back to back Cotton Bowls", what a joke. It is just another of what, 50 or so bowls now unless it is one of the playoff games. Who cares except those who played or went to it?

BuckyIsAB****
07-25-2018, 09:52 PM

Well those 9-3s were bought and paid for and now tarnished forever so

BuckyIsAB****
07-25-2018, 09:52 PM
I think getting sacked 5+ times a game and beat up for an entire season will affect his passing efficiency too.

He aint getting sacked 5+ times unless their OL gets injuries or quits. They are pretty good on the OL

ShotgunDawg
07-25-2018, 09:55 PM
He aint getting sacked 5+ times unless their OL gets injuries or quits. They are pretty good on the OL

Agree. I actually their offense will be legit this year. May depend on the JUCO RB.

It’s 2019 when they’ll be putrid

biggun
07-25-2018, 10:10 PM

Their O Line will be pretty good, probably even, shudder the thought of a MSU fan actually saying this, Very Good!!

Let the stoning begin

Lord McBuckethead
07-26-2018, 12:14 AM
Man, someone needs to tell these JUCO guys you can only count so many online classes.

Bully13
07-26-2018, 08:38 AM
What bad happened to us with 2 AZ Jucos during the JWS era?

BB30
07-26-2018, 08:44 AM

Yea it was the beginning of the end. Think it was a bar shooting if I remember correctly.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
07-26-2018, 02:57 PM
Yea it was the beginning of the end. Think it was a bar shooting if I remember correctly.

Our signee, Paul Broussard, was fatally shot outside a Church?s Chicken. I don?t think he ever played at Az Western. I remember the two linemen we signed from Az Western never panned out.

Bully13
07-26-2018, 04:17 PM
Our signee, Paul Broussard, was fatally shot outside a Church?s Chicken. I don?t think he ever played at Az Western. I remember the two linemen we signed from Az Western never panned out.

That sounds exactly correct. I remember Broussard was Louisiana I think. and the AZ Jucos were supposed to be all world and caused us to suck again.

Todd4State
07-26-2018, 05:25 PM

It was three.

Khalil Nash
Michael Oyefesobi
Danny Snyder

Goldendawg
07-26-2018, 11:26 PM
It was three.

Khalil Nash
Michael Oyefesobi
Danny Snyder

UNM and their part in the threat of the NCAA investigation/probation made it very hard for Jackie to get HS recruits the last couple of years. I think we signed about 22 "AA" JC players from all over the county. Two years later only 2 were starters. I subscribed to Dawg's Bite back in those day ( weekly paper mailed to State fans who subscribed). That 1st year there was a quote after one of our losses from a starting DB from a Kansas JC or somewhere. He said that he knew we were in trouble for that game as he was tying his cleats before the game and didn't know the names of many of his team mates. Jackie's last 3 years were tough and UNM helped along with a corrupt NCAA.

Todd4State
07-26-2018, 11:45 PM
UNM and their part in the threat of the NCAA investigation/probation made it very hard for Jackie to get HS recruits the last couple of years. I think we signed about 22 "AA" JC players from all over the county. Two years later only 2 were starters. I subscribed to Dawg's Bite back in those day ( weekly paper mailed to State fans who subscribed). That 1st year there was a quote after one of our losses from a starting DB from a Kansas JC or somewhere. He said that he knew we were in trouble for that game as he was tying his cleats before the game and didn't know the names of many of his team mates. Jackie's last 3 years were tough and UNM helped along with a corrupt NCAA.

That investigation didn't help, but I have to think that part of the reason for going really heavy with JUCO's was because we had a lot of success with them between 96-2000. When we started to have a lot of success with them I think other schools started to follow and it shut down our gold mine.

msbulldog
07-27-2018, 06:27 AM

I got the Dawg's Bite paper back then, read it cover to cover every week, David Murray did a good job.

msu15
07-27-2018, 09:06 AM
I got the Dawg's Bite paper back then, read it cover to cover every week, David Murray did a good job.

I still use the name "dawgsbite.com", **** Gene's Page

Bully13
07-27-2018, 09:44 AM

Used to get it too. Oh back in the day before internet. late 80's -mid 90's. lived in Memphis and also had the Sunday Clarion Ledger delivered.

Dolphus Raymond
07-27-2018, 10:00 AM
Used to get it too. Oh back in the day before internet. late 80's -mid 90's. lived in Memphis and also had the Sunday Clarion Ledger delivered.

The sports page from the Sunday Clarion Ledger was golden back in those days. The best.

Bully13
07-27-2018, 10:40 AM
The sports page from the Sunday Clarion Ledger was golden back in those days. The best.

Can you actually believe they occasionally got national recognition back then? What a fall.

Goldendawg
07-27-2018, 12:49 PM

Yeah, I really enjoyed the articles he wrote analyzing how each recruiting class had worked out on the field after they had finished their playing days.

deltadawg99
07-28-2018, 02:03 PM
They have no depth on an already bad defense, and lost their best players from last year as well.

That offense HAS to be elite, or else they are screwed. Their receivers are great, but I think Wilkins is a bigger loss than they realize (they think Scottie Phillips is the second coming of Deuce but I just don?t see it at all), and I?m not sure Ta?amu can be any better than he was for them last year. I think he might take a step back this year.

They are a really interesting team. I personally think they have enough talent to win 6-7 games, but many of their more winnable SEC games are on the road. They are banking on wins in Little Rock and Nashville, but their history with those two teams suggests they could easily lose to both of them. That Texas Tech game in Week 1 is huge for them. Lose that game and then lose in Little Rock later, this might be a 3-4 win team. But if they win one or both of those, I think they?ll be fairly decent, although there is zero excuse for us to lose to them this year.

They love comparisons. I?ll never forget them talking about how Enrique Davis reminded them of Bo Jackson. Or how Romaro Miller?s cousin was just like Jason Campbell. Patterson was the next Manziel, we could go on and on and on. Ha