PDA

View Full Version : Packing in Davis Wade

starkvegasdawg
07-24-2018, 08:06 PM
Anybody know what came of the proposed law reaffirming the ability to carry in stadiums with an enhanced carry permit?

Goldendawg
07-24-2018, 08:24 PM
I'm pretty sure the one Sly is using is ineligible! (Uncle Ted does not approve of my quote.) Gonzo!**

Liverpooldawg
07-24-2018, 08:25 PM
It didn't pass.

Jack Lambert
07-24-2018, 08:40 PM
Little most people know but all off duty police are allowed to carry guns into the stadium. I would assume there are 1000's of guns in the stadium on game day. I for one don't mind.

starkvegasdawg
07-24-2018, 08:53 PM
Little most people know but all off duty police are allowed to carry guns into the stadium. I would assume there are 1000's of guns in the stadium on game day. I for one don't mind.

Technically, if you have enhanced carry you're allowed to bring a concealed weapon in already.

Todd4State
07-24-2018, 10:01 PM
Anybody know what came of the proposed law reaffirming the ability to carry in stadiums with an enhanced carry permit?

Says the guy with the Rambo gif.**

TUSK
07-25-2018, 01:49 AM
Jeesh.... Jalen & Tua will be in there with guns soon enough...

Oh, neither are freshman...

nm

msbulldog
07-25-2018, 06:04 AM
Most law enforcement agencies require off duty to carry.

Drewbowski
07-25-2018, 07:22 AM
I'm sure somebody will tell me I'm wrong but didn't the league pass a rule saying that guns are not allowed?

starkvegasdawg
07-25-2018, 08:01 AM
I'm sure somebody will tell me I'm wrong but didn't the league pass a rule saying that guns are not allowed?

I don't know, but if they did it's useless. No SEC rule can supersede state/federal law. It would be no different than them passing a rule you could have beer sales in stadiums and sell to anyone 18 and above.

Dawgbite
07-25-2018, 09:19 AM
The way that I have had the Enhanced Carry rule explained to me is as follows. With an Enhanced Carry license you can carry in most places even if they have a "no weapons" sign posted or a rule against carry, there are exceptions such as court rooms. If you are found to be armed in these places you can not be charged for carrying illegally but you can be asked to leave, if you refuse to leave you can be charged with trespassing. Without the enhanced designation you are in violation of state law if you are found armed in a place or business with signs posted forbidding carry. I could me mistaken on this so feel free to correct me.

Crystal Balls
07-25-2018, 09:25 AM
The way that I have had the Enhanced Carry rule explained to me is as follows. With an Enhanced Carry license you can carry in most places even if they have a "no weapons" sign posted or a rule against carry, there are exceptions such as court rooms. If you are found to be armed in these places you can not be charged for carrying illegally but you can be asked to leave, if you refuse to leave you can be charged with trespassing. Without the enhanced designation you are in violation of state law if you are found armed in a place or business with signs posted forbidding carry. I could me mistaken on this so feel free to correct me.

This is my understanding as well.

Liverpooldawg
07-25-2018, 09:39 AM
I don't know, but if they did it's useless. No SEC rule can supersede state/federal law. It would be no different than them passing a rule you could have beer sales in stadiums and sell to anyone 18 and above.

Actually they can kick us out of the conference or make us play all road games if it's a state law. They issued a veiled threat to do the latter.

fader2103
07-25-2018, 09:53 AM
Most law enforcement agencies require off duty to carry.

Wrong, Agencies can't require you to do something in your off-time. They might allow you to carry off-duty while having your credentials on you, or request that you carry off-duty while in the city you work, but can't require you to carry off-duty all the time.

fader2103
07-25-2018, 10:01 AM

The AG's opinion on the matter is that you can carry in places of a state government entity. such as a school or collegiate athletic event. You can carry in a courtroom as long as there are no proceedings taking place.
My understanding if its a private business with signage then you can't carry onto their property. Also you can't carry into a police, sheriff's or MHP station or a jail or detention facility.

LibraryDawg
07-25-2018, 10:29 AM
They are using metal detectors at the gates for football, like they use at the Hump, this year.

starkvegasdawg
07-25-2018, 10:52 AM
The AG's opinion on the matter is that you can carry in places of a state government entity. such as a school or collegiate athletic event. You can carry in a courtroom as long as there are no proceedings taking place.
My understanding if its a private business with signage then you can't carry onto their property. Also you can't carry into a police, sheriff's or MHP station or a jail or detention facility.

With enhanced you can carry in a private business with signs posted but have to leave if asked.