PDA

View Full Version : Where in the **** are our fans??!!!

Bucky Dog
10-12-2013, 08:36 PM
I'm disappointed in the crowd that showed and now the students have left at half and many of the rest of the crowd! It's n 8 point game!!

CadaverDawg
10-12-2013, 08:38 PM
Are you there?

Bucky Dog
10-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Yes!!! Always!

CadaverDawg
10-12-2013, 08:41 PM
Yes!!! Always!

Is it empty?

TopDog58
10-12-2013, 08:45 PM
Our students ****ing suck. They need to have the endzone and nothing else. No excuse to leave a game that is tight in the 2nd half. You can chase tail at 10pm. ****ing losers

dawgfan016
10-12-2013, 08:47 PM
Is it empty?

Whole stadium looks half empty on TV.

Dawgface
10-12-2013, 08:49 PM
Hell, I'm about to turn off this shit. I guess I'm like half the stadium not there.

Dawgface
10-12-2013, 08:51 PM
I'm done.

Bucky Dog
10-12-2013, 08:51 PM
We deserve to lose this game! Fans don't give a shit and the students can go to hell! And once again we are getting out coached at half time!

Dawgfan77
10-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Why stay and watch this shit on the field. Mullen time to put up or shut up.

bocfarm
10-12-2013, 08:53 PM
Not gonna lie, very weak crowd. In here it's not loud, can't get anyone to stand up and yell on defense

Bucky Dog
10-12-2013, 08:55 PM
Screw everyone of you bastards that stayed home! You do t deserve to come to another game!

Boya
10-12-2013, 08:57 PM
Homecoming or not that is awful...the students should be ashamed and I hope mullen calls them out

Bucky Dog
10-12-2013, 09:02 PM
Is this what we have come to? I'm so pissed right now sitting in a half full stadium in a one point game and no one is here! Bullshit is all I have to say!

bocfarm
10-12-2013, 09:07 PM
90% of the ****ers who run and post on this site don't go to any games.

Bucky Dog
10-12-2013, 09:08 PM
And more people are leaving right now! Holy shit!

CadaverDawg
10-12-2013, 09:10 PM
And more people are leaving right now! Holy shit!

Hard to blame them

Boya
10-12-2013, 09:17 PM

Really? No die hard state fans on an obscure MSU fan site...I bet 90% of us haven't even been to a State game**

hells bells
10-12-2013, 09:19 PM
I'm disappointed in the crowd that showed and now the students have left at half and many of the rest of the crowd! It's n 8 point game!!

Soccer tournament. Gave our tics to friends. Ass in seat.

civildawg
10-12-2013, 09:26 PM
They don't give a shit anymore. They are tired of being let down after games that we can win but never do. If Mullen wants better fan support than win some freaking games instead of beating alcorn st

Bucky Dog
10-12-2013, 09:41 PM
That's a bullshit excuse and that is what I'm saying. We should still support our team. Get over yourself just a little thinking we are Alabama. Mullen is our coach and yes he makes some stupids calls like not kicking the FG but that is Jo excuse for you whining, bitching, lazy mother ****ers!!

CadaverDawg
10-12-2013, 09:44 PM
That's a bullshit excuse and that is what I'm saying. We should still support our team. Get over yourself just a little thinking we are Alabama. Mullen is our coach and yes he makes some stupids calls like not kicking the FG but that is Jo excuse for you whining, bitching, lazy mother ****ers!!

Hey, **** you buddy. There are several of us that would have been there if we could. Careful who you're lumping in to your rants. I was here last week and will likely be there next week, so I don't need your ass on here telling me or anyone else that we are bad fans. Maybe you should sit the next few plays out.

archdog
10-12-2013, 10:11 PM
Really? No die hard state fans on an obscure MSU fan site...I bet 90% of us haven't even been to a State game**

Hey, were not Bama fans.

I seen it dawg
10-12-2013, 10:16 PM

Go **** yourself asshat

RC3
10-12-2013, 10:20 PM
Student section was absolutely shameful

bluelightstar
10-12-2013, 10:32 PM
Student section was absolutely shameful

Play better football

Will James
10-12-2013, 10:54 PM
Play better football

That won't matter. The current crop of students are the first to really come through the lets not keep score everyone gets a trophy era of competition. They don't care about win or loss, just trying to imitate what they think Ole Miss students act like (never lose the party) Look around our campus on gameday. You think any more than 15% of these current crop of females care one iota about the game? Hell no. And when they want to leave the bitchass males follow right along probably carrying the purse. Our students are the worst... THE WORST.. in major college football.

DCdawg
10-12-2013, 11:49 PM
As a student (who stayed all game), I can honestly say I've never seen anyone score a touchdown from the stands. Sure, crowds can help the atmosphere, but if you want the rest of the students to stay then we need to actually beat somebody respectable. Last week nobody left until the 4th quarter when we were down 3 touchdowns. Wait, I know why everyone wants the student section to stay...the west side crowd sits on their ass the whole game and doesn't participate either way.

CadaverDawg
10-12-2013, 11:53 PM
As a student (who stayed all game), I can honestly say I've never seen anyone score a touchdown from the stands. Sure, crowds can help the atmosphere, but if you want the rest of the students to stay then we need to actually beat somebody respectable. Last week nobody left until the 4th quarter when we were down 3 touchdowns. Wait, I know why everyone wants the student section to stay...the west side crowd sits on their ass the whole game and doesn't participate either way.

This post could get a long thread started

Political Hack
10-12-2013, 11:55 PM
nm

students need to stay the whole game. They need to care.

RC3
10-12-2013, 11:56 PM
Play better football
That's BS. I was as pissed as any student at the way we were playing. I also have sense enough to know that if we had lost the game, the entire season would be over. We needed our students there. We were winning for gods sake. They kept hanging around. Not helping matters for our fanbase to bail just because we were struggling

DCdawg
10-12-2013, 11:58 PM
This post could get a long thread started

Don't get me wrong...in no way am I condoning students leaving the game. We get cheaper tickets and good seats. But in the end, unless you're just looking for butts in seats, the students leaving is effectively no different than the west side barely cheering.

Behrdawg
10-12-2013, 11:59 PM

Ask your leader about that one. He doesn't own season tickets nor does he give to the Bulldog club

Most of us who run this site have families and live out of state. I give plenty of money and have 8 season tix on the 50. Couldn't make it to tonight's game due to health reasons. The money we have received from our site has gone to server fees and back to the football program. One more comment like that from you about those of us who run this site will have your ass banned.

State82
10-13-2013, 12:08 AM

I would bet my house you are full of it. Get over yourself.

sleepy dawg
10-13-2013, 12:35 AM
Don't get me wrong...in no way am I condoning students leaving the game. We get cheaper tickets and good seats. But in the end, unless you're just looking for butts in seats, the students leaving is effectively no different than the west side barely cheering.

Wrong. The students are depended on in every program to make the most noise. Without a good student section, it is nearly impossible to have a great loud atmosphere.

Bucky Dog
10-13-2013, 12:40 AM
Cadaver I never called you out directly did I? I know there are good honest reasons why people can't make it at times. But I heard way too many piss poor excuses why not to come to the game tonight and it sux. I hear a few students on here complaining about neat somebody good. Bullshit! As a poster said, if you are a student go to the damn game and stay there and cheer. To say the fans don't make plays or win games is a stupid ass statement.

Of course not, but if people don't show up and quit on the team at half time like the students did tonight then we get what we deserve. That's all I'm saying here. It is seven days a year and it seems we fans have become very complacent. With all of the division on the boards and crowds like tonight it really hurts after being a State fan for so long. We have a good thing and we are young at many positions. We are set put for a big year next year and we need to show them support now.

CJDAWG85
10-13-2013, 01:12 AM
When we did the dawg pound rock tonight, it was ****ing pathetic... I looked at my friend and said I hope we ****ing show up... Bottom line is no one gave a ****... From the fans to everyone on the sideline... We just didn't give a ****

Todd4State
10-13-2013, 01:23 AM
That won't matter. The current crop of students are the first to really come through the lets not keep score everyone gets a trophy era of competition. They don't care about win or loss, just trying to imitate what they think Ole Miss students act like (never lose the party) Look around our campus on gameday. You think any more than 15% of these current crop of females care one iota about the game? Hell no. And when they want to leave the bitchass males follow right along probably carrying the purse. Our students are the worst... THE WORST.. in major college football.

This is spot on. We're becoming more and more like Ole Miss. And I don't think that's a good thing. It seems to me like more and more of our fans are dressing up and now we have the Junction- which is really our version of the Grove. I see what you are seeing from our students too.

Todd4State
10-13-2013, 01:24 AM
When we did the dawg pound rock tonight, it was ****ing pathetic... I looked at my friend and said I hope we ****ing show up... Bottom line is no one gave a ****... From the fans to everyone on the sideline... We just didn't give a ****

I agree. If the team is going to do the DPR, they need to not half ass it. If they are going to half ass it, they need to stop doing it.

I seen it dawg
10-13-2013, 07:54 AM

As opposed to your crew that allows OM people to run their STATE board, would rather attack and perpetuate State fans opposing each other, and now you coming on here and attacking the posters here? Why don't you just choose to disappear you pompous ass. This board helps to provide a community where people that dont live close enough to go to every game a place to feel a part of State without being there.

The board was started by 6 people. Only one lives within 5 hours of campus. All have season tickets and donate to Bulldog Club. It's hard to make every game but we support the shit out of our school just like a great many posters here, including some who don't have the wherewithal to provide anything more than their opinions and commentary even though they have ties to the school.

Just go away quietly it will be better for everyone. And take your Farmdawg name with you too.

dawgs
10-13-2013, 09:42 AM

You've obviously missed the many articles written about the state of student attendance across all CFB. Bama, uga, Florida, and michigan don't fill up their student sections except for the biggest of the big games these days. Hell, yesterday there were empty seats in the lsu student section. So look at the big picture instead on focusing on just our students.

Will James
10-13-2013, 10:38 AM
1. I think many students now haven't been raised on Bulldog sports so its just another event to them. Imagine going to, let's say, a Kansas State-Iowa State game in Kansas. Granted if I were a student there I would still be doing all I could to help, but the passion for some just isn't there.

2. It's not "cool" anymore to make noise and be rowdy. Generation XBOX have not competed for much in their lives and probably haven't had much experience in aggression. Too many soft pussies roaming around these days. Like dawgs said, it's not just here. But our student mimicking of "typical Ole Miss" is why I have the extra dislike for them. Look at the students you see leave at halftime each week and you'll notice the patterns that form.

3. Our older "down in front I cant see" fans are a problem in that many do not contribute to the noise. See Rougedawg's post from last week.

4. We fail to maintain a high intensity atmosphere.

5. Noise level has always been higher with good defense. When most drives end in points after many first downs, why bother? Think about it.. When do the crowds erupt?
A. Big hits- but we've outlawed them. Equate this to "people like NASCAR for the wrecks". If wrecks were outlawed, what would fan support do?
B. Defensive stops- but now everyone converts first downs all the time. There are no dominant defenses in the big games so why yell when you know the first down is coming anyway? Our old defensive struggles were much louder than nowadays.

TheRef
10-13-2013, 11:22 AM
I left for the first time ever this season. Why? Because I literally was yawning at this game. I was sitting there in the endzone, YAWNING! I'm one of the biggest MSU fans you will ever find. I was born and raised in Maroon and White. When I'm yawning and checking my watch during the game, you've officially lost the crowd. The atmosphere was dead. I was yelling my a** off during defense (Every play). I look over to both sides of me and in front of me and there was no life. When the crowd has no life at the beginning of the game, how do you expect it to have life in the 4th quarter in the game. Don't depend on the student section to make most of the noise because I'll tell you this right now. Most of the great stadium atmospheres have EVERYONE contributing to the noise. Do you think Tiger Stadium is so loud because only the student section makes noise? No. Also, if you question my fandom for MSU, check who is one of the few standing and yelling during sporting events. I'm a good friend of Ron "Candyman", he and I have the same style of fandom. So don't you dare say that I'm a bad fan now for leaving my first game because I yawned and left. /rant

Esmerelda Villalobos
10-13-2013, 12:04 PM
There were a lot of empty seats at tiger stadium yesterday

RougeDawg
10-13-2013, 01:23 PM
I was getting a dreamland sandwich at hslftine and saw the student section pouring out. Having been Inbibing slightly all day, I didn't hold back telling the ones I saw that the game wasnt over. Bunch of ****ing pussies. They gave no idea what it was like going to school during the latter sherrill and Croom years. They don't give a shit about football. It's just a other "event" to be seen. I say sell those seats to public.

Diggs
10-13-2013, 01:35 PM
This problem is not unique to just our student section. It's due to MANY different things.

My top 5:
1. Pussification of football
2. Huge allotment compared to student body size
3. Increased academic competitiveness (school is WAY more competitive than it use to be) ---> not all students are from here and could care less about football.
4. Access to more competitive games (tv's at just about every tailgate)
5. Same old same old from this coaching staff.

WTGDawg
10-13-2013, 01:36 PM
Maybe if the team would get their shit together we would stay till the end every game.

Will James
10-13-2013, 01:38 PM
Maybe if the team would get their shit together we would stay till the end every game.

If we were getting blown out this point would have merit. Close game all game though. And we did in fact win. Yesterday was no 2012 Texas A&M 1st half embarassment.

hailmari
10-13-2013, 01:50 PM
That was probably the weakest I've ever seen our stadium.. No energy at all. So bad, I can't even blame the dealerships ads and recognitions on the jumbo-tron..

dawgoneyall
10-13-2013, 01:53 PM
The blue hairs stayed.

maroonmania
10-13-2013, 02:08 PM
That was probably the weakest I've ever seen our stadium.. No energy at all. So bad, I can't even blame the dealerships ads and recognitions on the jumbo-tron..

Heck, I knew what I was in for at the stadium before I ever got there. Go by Abner's to grab some chicken before the game and nobody there, go by the Lodge to pick up my son some souveniers after that and nobody there. Get to my parking lot and have pretty much my pick of spots. Not sure what was going on but that was the weakest I've seen the atmosphere PRIOR to the game around town and around campus since Mullen took over the program. I will say that what crowd was still there did come alive on the last 2 BG possessions, one which ended on a 4th and 3 and the other on a 4th and 10. Other than that it was dead.

dawgs
10-13-2013, 02:09 PM
If we were getting blown out this point would have merit. Close game all game though. And we did in fact win. Yesterday was no 2012 Texas A&M 1st half embarassment.

I don't know about that, winning by 1 over BGSU is just as embarrassing to me as getting the shit kicked out of you by a top 10 team with a heisman winning QB.

Noxdog
10-13-2013, 02:12 PM
There sure are some touchy owners of this site! these posts remind me of another place who have touchy owners/writers.

ALL OVER a WIN.

If anybody thought we were going to blow BG out you are crazy. They are good team that was 5-1 and was playing in their SUPERBOWL for the year.

For the owners (never knew who some where before now) thanks for the board but please that's over the top.

Ask your leader about that one. He doesn't own season tickets nor does he give to the Bulldog club

Most of us who run this site have families and live out of state. I give plenty of money and have 8 season tix on the 50. Couldn't make it to tonight's game due to health reasons. The money we have received from our site has gone to server fees and back to the football program. One more comment like that from you about those of us who run this site will have your ass banned.

RougeDawg
10-13-2013, 02:22 PM
1. I think many students now haven't been raised on Bulldog sports so its just another event to them. Imagine going to, let's say, a Kansas State-Iowa State game in Kansas. Granted if I were a student there I would still be doing all I could to help, but the passion for some just isn't there.

2. It's not "cool" anymore to make noise and be rowdy. Generation XBOX have not competed for much in their lives and probably haven't had much experience in aggression. Too many soft pussies roaming around these days. Like dawgs said, it's not just here. But our student mimicking of "typical Ole Miss" is why I have the extra dislike for them. Look at the students you see leave at halftime each week and you'll notice the patterns that form.

3. Our older "down in front I cant see" fans are a problem in that many do not contribute to the noise. See Rougedawg's post from last week.

4. We fail to maintain a high intensity atmosphere.

5. Noise level has always been higher with good defense. When most drives end in points after many first downs, why bother? Think about it.. When do the crowds erupt?
A. Big hits- but we've outlawed them. Equate this to "people like NASCAR for the wrecks". If wrecks were outlawed, what would fan support do?
B. Defensive stops- but now everyone converts first downs all the time. There are no dominant defenses in the big games so why yell when you know the first down is coming anyway? Our old defensive struggles were much louder than nowadays.

Let me add that my section had better participation than lat week, but I still had to call some pussies out, and yes I called them pussies.

Students can be the difference in winning and losing. Both of BG's last two possessions were going into student endzone. What crowd was left got loud but the added10k+ students would have made it more hostile. When I was in school the student section was pretty crazy. Now it looks like church pews. The junction was pathetic as well. Felt like I was at a funeral.

bluelightstar
10-13-2013, 03:04 PM
Things are different these days. Today's students are simply not going to tolerate being in a close game against Bowling Green. Nor are they going to stay when the game is clearly over as it was last week against LSU. Homecoming is supposed to be an easy game that leads into the parties. People don't want to watch the annual Dan Mullen thriller against a shit Sun Belt/C-USA/MAC team. It pisses people off.

civildawg
10-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Give this man a gold star

Will James
10-13-2013, 03:24 PM
So let me gather the criteria for our entitled bitchass student population that must be met for them to stay in the stadium.

1. It has to be a good opponent - If we play a weaker team we either blow them away (and the students leave) play them close (and the students obviously still leave) or get blown out (and the students will leave although this hasn't happened since the Error)

2. We have to keep the score within 10 pts - Playing the big boys is not enough if we get roasted. Once we get down big, the snowball of student's leaving begins. Many may want to stay but because they are friends with the tailgate mafia or have to carry the purse out of the stadium (as noted before) they end up leaving.

Given our 4 cupcakes at home per year, we can throw out the possibility of 4 quarters of support for these.
Say we have 2 good opponents. Mullen MAY play one close and will probably get blasted by the other one. This leaves us hope for ONE GAME PER YEAR for full student support. That is bullshit, and is why the student ticket allotment must be greatly reduced.

Behrdawg
10-13-2013, 03:26 PM
There sure are some touchy owners of this site! these posts remind me of another place who have touchy owners/writers.

ALL OVER a WIN.

If anybody thought we were going to blow BG out you are crazy. They are good team that was 5-1 and was playing in their SUPERBOWL for the year.

For the owners (never knew who some where before now) thanks for the board but please that's over the top.

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to insinuate here- enlighten me. Just what exactly was "over the top"?

bluelightstar
10-13-2013, 03:42 PM
So let me gather the criteria for our entitled bitchass student population that must be met for them to stay in the stadium.

1. It has to be a good opponent - If we play a weaker team we either blow them away (and the students leave) play them close (and the students obviously still leave) or get blown out (and the students will leave although this hasn't happened since the Error)

2. We have to keep the score within 10 pts - Playing the big boys is not enough if we get roasted. Once we get down big, the snowball of student's leaving begins. Many may want to stay but because they are friends with the tailgate mafia or have to carry the purse out of the stadium (as noted before) they end up leaving.

Given our 4 cupcakes at home per year, we can throw out the possibility of 4 quarters of support for these.
Say we have 2 good opponents. Mullen MAY play one close and will probably get blasted by the other one. This leaves us hope for ONE GAME PER YEAR for full student support. That is bullshit, and is why the student ticket allotment must be greatly reduced.

It's not a STATE problem; it's an everywhere problem. People are going to spend their time on quality products. Yesterday was not a quality product. The stadium was packed for LSU until LSU went up 45-26 then students fled for the exits. We all know that we're not coming back in a game so hell why stick around.

Point is this: students are only going to be in the stadium the entire game for games against SEC teams where we are competitive. People forget that last year the stadium was packed (until the end of the game) for Auburn and Tennessee. The students left during A&M and filed out early 4th against Arkansas. I am a young alum, and we are not spending time to watch crap product. Part of that is that most of us are young State fans and so we weren't around for the Maine, "Tech and Ten," and the other stories older fans have about where we used to be.

Noxdog
10-13-2013, 03:42 PM
Was not insinuating anything. I think it's a little over the top (maybe emotional is the word) to ban someone for a comment made on a message board that was a broad generalization, albeit probably wrong. That's why I replied with your quote. I've just seen other MSU boards go down this path and it never ends well. You are obviously a bright guy, come on.

Diggs
10-13-2013, 03:47 PM
Why stay after halftime when all of our points come in the first half?

Political Hack
10-13-2013, 03:48 PM
Was not insinuating anything. I think it's a little over the top (maybe emotional is the word) to ban someone for a comment made on a message board that was a broad generalization, albeit probably wrong. That's why I replied with your quote. I've just seen other MSU boards go down this path and it never ends well. You are obviously a bright guy, come on.

nobody got banned though. Just a warning shot from what I read, and I think it's more because the poster has a history and vendetta against some of the people who run this site. To me, it says a lot that they've let someone they know doesn't like or support them stick around to begin with.

Will James
10-13-2013, 03:52 PM
People are going to spend their time on quality products.

This is a stupid analogy that gets said a lot. Being a fan is nothing like quality products. If this is a marketplace you would be a damn Bama fan.

This is about loyalty and support. If my favorite restaurant starts producing shitty food, I'm finding a new favorite restaurant. You don't go find new football team's and remain a true fan.

RougeDawg
10-13-2013, 03:54 PM

Maybe you and your classmates no to go back and watch games from the ****ing Croom days and you might have a different outlook and not take this shit for ****ing granted. I never left the student section during any of those ass reamings from Croom because I care about the program and university. We have 6-7 ****ing times a year we can go into Davis wade and watch our football team play. Most of the alum appreciate the opportunity we have to go back to games, and now we actually get to see a competitive team. The current entitlement generation takes these games for granted and look at it like a social event.

Yes the shitty blue hairs suck too. I'm trying my best to change their attitude in my section and I suggest everyone else so the same. We can all so something to help the atmosphere, so do it. If it takes pissing people off by calling them pussies to get them to cheer, then do it. If you have to bring in extra whiskey to loosen up the stiffs, do that (it works). Id like to think we can change the ***** attitudes on gameday over time, but don't take this winning and bowl games for granted.

Noxdog
10-13-2013, 04:00 PM
Hmmm, maybe so hack. I don't know what bocfarm posted or did'nt on another board. I see your point though and appreciate the board. Just don't think the tone was warranted. It would have been handled better via PM.

bluelightstar
10-13-2013, 04:03 PM
This is a pointless argument, because the students are going to leave (1) against 'perceived' shitty teams and (2) in blowouts. It's simply not going to change. The student ticket allotment should be cut a bit, but the students still pay well over the $50 for student tickets in all the 'hidden' athletics fees included in their normal tuition and fees.

Bucky Dog
10-13-2013, 05:55 PM
This is a stupid analogy that gets said a lot. Being a fan is nothing like quality products. If this is a marketplace you would be a damn Bama fan.

This is about loyalty and support. If my favorite restaurant starts producing shitty food, I'm finding a new favorite restaurant. You don't go find new football team's and remain a true fan.

This is what I said early on. People want to act now like we are Bama. My intent is to say that it takes everybody to win. The coaches, players and the fans and my point was the fans aren't doing their part. And you're right Will, the student excuses are bullshit.

Bucky Dog
10-13-2013, 05:59 PM
This is a pointless argument, because the students are going to leave (1) against 'perceived' shitty teams and (2) in blowouts. It's simply not going to change. The student ticket allotment should be cut a bit, but the students still pay well over the $50 for student tickets in all the 'hidden' athletics fees included in their normal tuition and fees.

Let me get this straight, perceived shitty teams means 5-1 BG who was leading the MAC and who we were in a one point game with in the fourth quarter, or Alcorn State? So you will only stay for the whole game if it is an SEC team and we are winning? You just made my point about our fans and students.

bluelightstar
10-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Let me get this straight, perceived shitty teams means 5-1 BG who was leading the MAC and who we were in a one point game with in the fourth quarter, or Alcorn State? So you will only stay for the whole game if it is an SEC team and we are winning? You just made my point about our fans and students.

Yes, people perceive Bowling Green as shitty. They're in the MAC - it's just a fact of life that our fans will consider them to be our inferiors. Don't fuss at me about it, I'm just telling you why it happens.

DCdawg
10-13-2013, 07:40 PM
Cadaver I never called you out directly did I? I know there are good honest reasons why people can't make it at times. But I heard way too many piss poor excuses why not to come to the game tonight and it sux. I hear a few students on here complaining about neat somebody good. Bullshit! As a poster said, if you are a student go to the damn game and stay there and cheer. To say the fans don't make plays or win games is a stupid ass statement.

Of course not, but if people don't show up and quit on the team at half time like the students did tonight then we get what we deserve. That's all I'm saying here. It is seven days a year and it seems we fans have become very complacent. With all of the division on the boards and crowds like tonight it really hurts after being a State fan for so long. We have a good thing and we are young at many positions. We are set put for a big year next year and we need to show them support now.

Complacent is being ok with Mullen squeaking by another crap opponent in his 5th year here. Before you call my comment "stupid ass," you should probably look up complacent in the dictionary. I, like you, just want what's best for Mississippi State. I'm a student now, and I won't apologize for wanting more. Complacent is being okay that we are just like we have always been. If you want to achieve more, then get out of the mindset that it's okay to barely beat Bowling Green. Again, it's not okay for students to leave at halftime and I won't justify it, but don't compare my years here to anybody else's. I don't know anybody that will apologize for wanting to improve. Not caring is complacency.

Political Hack
10-13-2013, 08:07 PM
there is a reality that we have to recognize. We can't catch Bama or LSU when they're recruiting like they are and have Saban and Miles at the helm. It's just not going to happen. We have to measure ourselves against Auburn, OM, & Arkansas for the most part. We're 1-1 against all three of those teams the last two times we've played them.

Our goal should be to separate ourselves from them. Losing to Auburn this year hurts really bad for that reason, but if we beat OM and Arky we're still 2-1 against those three. If we can do that every year at minimum, we'll maintain a bowl streak and hopefully once every 5-10 years actually find ourselves in the race for Atlanta after the leaves start falling.

I've always thought, and Strick echoed this a year or two ago as well, that we can be similar to VaTech. Like them, we might not have the flair of Miami or the prestige of a Florida State, but we can damn sure find 11 who'll knock Ole Miss's buck toothed beaver in the dirt year in and year out while pushing for the Conf CG every so often.

Barking 13
10-13-2013, 08:27 PM
I wish I could go to every home game.. I would stay till the bitter end. Some of these folks can't remember (or weren't even born) in the era of Felker picking grass in the first quarter (you old timers know what I mean).

I remember we used to have Tulane for a lot of homecoming games, and it was the same then.. half the folks gone at halftime and we would barely win the game, and we lost a couple I think... this game reminded me of that..