PDA

View Full Version : Is the football team getting new style of uniforms for 2018?

Jack Lambert
07-24-2018, 04:17 PM
Just curious if anyone has heard.

KOdawg1
07-24-2018, 04:20 PM
Paging the "I don't care wut we wear as long as we weeyun" people in 3, 2, 1...

stalkingpoon
07-24-2018, 05:24 PM
Yep. Our engineers and Adidas partnered and made us some special unis made with Vibranium to help beat Bama***

dickiedawg
07-24-2018, 05:34 PM
New coach, new uniforms. That's been the MSU way forever, will be interesting to see if that continues.

Obviously most other coaches have taken over rebuilding efforts, so maybe you don't shake things up this time.

Todd4State
07-24-2018, 06:32 PM
I think we're keeping it the same or very similar. We don't have a blackout designated on the schedule so maybe no black uniforms this year.

Political Hack
07-24-2018, 07:11 PM
Maybe we'll change the maroon to crimson and sport white helmets... with numbers on the side.

No matter what they do, it won't be as bad as Croom. Until Chilly Billy is designing our uniforms there will be room for improvement.

Jack Lambert
07-24-2018, 07:22 PM
I wonder if they are still going to pregame warm up in shorts and helmets?

Captain Falcon
07-24-2018, 07:42 PM
I think we finally got our uni’s right last year, including the black ones we wore against UMass and the military tribute uniforms we wore against Alabama. I read somewhere that Adidas has introduced a new template for several of their bigger schools with none of that stupid tire tread pattern, so hopefully that includes us. But in terms of the helmet, striping, and shade of maroon, I like our current look a whole lot, including the white and silver helmets.

It’s modern in that we have a few different variations, but in general it’s still a pretty classic look. If we do make changes I hope they are very minor.

NCDawg
07-24-2018, 07:45 PM
I hope we can start a tradition with maroon jerseys, white pants at home and white on white on the road. Maroon helmets all the time. Cut out all the gimmick uniforms.

Homedawg
07-24-2018, 07:51 PM
I hope we can start a tradition with maroon jerseys, white pants at home and white on white on the road. Maroon helmets all the time. Cut out all the gimmick uniforms.

This isn't 1927 and we aren't Bama. Let the players enjoy it.

RocketDawg
07-24-2018, 07:54 PM
I think we're keeping it the same or very similar. We don't have a blackout designated on the schedule so maybe no black uniforms this year.

Good. Plus, Moorhead is from Penn State, not known for gimmicky uniforms. I hope that carries over to us.

RocketDawg
07-24-2018, 07:58 PM
I think we finally got our uni’s right last year, including the black ones we wore against UMass and the military tribute uniforms we wore against Alabama. I read somewhere that Adidas has introduced a new template for several of their bigger schools with none of that stupid tire tread pattern, so hopefully that includes us. But in terms of the helmet, striping, and shade of maroon, I like our current look a whole lot, including the white and silver helmets.

It’s modern in that we have a few different variations, but in general it’s still a pretty classic look. If we do make changes I hope they are very minor.

All that sounds good. Regarding the shade of maroon ... supposedly our maroon is a single pantone (or whatever the word is) indicating one and only one shade of maroon. You'd never know it though seeing all the different colors that show up. I remember one of our games last year they looked purple.

Stick with classic uniforms ... there's no need for the team to look like a bunch of clowns on the field.

bulldawg28
07-24-2018, 08:07 PM
Add the white helmets and I'm onboard.

NCDawg
07-24-2018, 08:08 PM
This isn't 1927 and we aren't Bama. Let the players enjoy it.

I guess you're right. Apparently most MS State fans don't care about tradition, and we're certainly not Alabama.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-24-2018, 08:11 PM
I guess you're right. Apparently most MS State fans don't care about tradition, and we're certainly not Alabama.

We have a losing tradition. I'm all for mixing it up.

Goldendawg
07-24-2018, 08:11 PM

And an interlocking MSU that is designed slightly different from the Nike version if they do indeed own it!

Goldendawg
07-24-2018, 08:19 PM

If we had our 19 (?) forfeits turned back to wins, we would be back over .500 overall. SEC record, not so close. Need a traditional interlocking MSU on a maroon helmet at least for a special game every once in a while and let Jackie be the honorary Captain. We have $. Work something out with Nike or tweak the design. Hail State!

pscf3
07-24-2018, 09:06 PM
Adidas is rolling out a new template this year so there will be some small changes as we move to that, but probably nothing big. Changes could be as small as moving the Adidas logo from underneath the collar to the left chest.

Like Todd said, there’s no blackout game scheduled, so it seems likely that we won’t wear black this year, which is excellent news. Would also be kinda surprised if silver helmets came back; haven’t seen them in any recruiting pictures or anything in a long time.

We’re more than likely going to wear maroon helmets for 9 or 10 games this year and white helmets for the other 2 or 3; probably still going to have white, maroon, and gray pants along with maroon and white jerseys. That is, barring any one-off alternates, which were frequent under Dan but may be less frequent under Moorhead- time will tell on that.

BeardoMSU
07-24-2018, 09:25 PM
It really doesn't matter what uniforms we wear, as long as they're drenched in the other team's blood at the end of the game.**

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIfBHXjYgBY

Todd4State
07-24-2018, 09:54 PM
If we had our 19 (?) forfeits turned back to wins, we would be back over .500 overall. SEC record, not so close. Need a traditional interlocking MSU on a maroon helmet at least for a special game every once in a while and let Jackie be the honorary Captain. We have $. Work something out with Nike or tweak the design. Hail State!

If we even had an interlocking MSU logo for just the FCS game once a year and the M-State logo the other 11+ I would be extremely satisfied.

Todd4State
07-24-2018, 09:59 PM
Adidas is rolling out a new template this year so there will be some small changes as we move to that, but probably nothing big. Changes could be as small as moving the Adidas logo from underneath the collar to the left chest.

Like Todd said, there’s no blackout game scheduled, so it seems likely that we won’t wear black this year, which is excellent news. Would also be kinda surprised if silver helmets came back; haven’t seen them in any recruiting pictures or anything in a long time.

We’re more than likely going to wear maroon helmets for 9 or 10 games this year and white helmets for the other 2 or 3; probably still going to have white, maroon, and gray pants along with maroon and white jerseys. That is, barring any one-off alternates, which were frequent under Dan but may be less frequent under Moorhead- time will tell on that.

The on offs will probably decrease with Stricklin gone. I'm sure you've seen the hideous alligator uniform that Florida wore last year- that has Stricklin written all over it.

I'd be fine with the color combinations that you listed. I think there needs to be happy medium between what the players like and what the fans like. And I think we can work that out with that. IMO the most fired up I've seen our players about a uniform was when we opened 2014 with the 1999 throwbacks which is kind of ironic.

Todd4State
07-24-2018, 10:00 PM

My favorite black MSU uniform was the one we wore in 2015 against Kentucky.

LC Dawg
07-24-2018, 10:07 PM
All we need to break our 10 game losing streak to Bama is to model our uniforms after them.**

Pit Bull
07-24-2018, 11:23 PM
Just curious if anyone has heard.

Dont matter as long as we're winning. We can wear pink for all I care.

Homedawg
07-24-2018, 11:49 PM

Now that he said it, it will be gold!:). ......seriously let the kids have fun or like it. Who cares what a bunch of gray hairs think. Seriously.

Dawg61
07-25-2018, 12:57 AM
New pic of 2018 uniforms. Hope we don't get the 11am game in September wearing these.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/d0/73/2b/d0732bf5ff0686ff5ebac9b5165bf1e8.jpg

NCDawg
07-25-2018, 01:49 PM
Now that he said it, it will be gold!:). ......seriously let the kids have fun or like it. Who cares what a bunch of gray hairs think. Seriously.

Yeah, like the saying goes, "we're not Alabama so we have to do something different." I note Auburn hasn't changed uniforms in several years, and now Georgia, with Kirby Smart, seems to be trying to develop a tradition with the same uniforms. Doesn't seem to be hurting any of those schools recruiting. But, I guess it really doesn't matter what the uniforms are as long as we win.

dickiedawg
07-25-2018, 02:41 PM
Well our last win against them came in Russell, so you may be on to something.

BuckyIsAB****
07-25-2018, 07:44 PM
Its time to go back to Nike....its been time

RocketDawg
07-25-2018, 07:54 PM

Because the gray hairs pay the bills?

RocketDawg
07-25-2018, 07:59 PM

That wouldn't be starting a tradition, that IS the tradition, up until just the past few years.

Goldendawg
07-25-2018, 08:48 PM

Wish I still had gray hair. You can dye gray, you can't dye gone! Hail State and bring back some design of an interlocking MSU on a maroon helmet every once in a while!

PassInterference
07-25-2018, 10:03 PM

GTFO

Lord McBuckethead
07-26-2018, 08:25 AM
Because the gray hairs pay the bills?

Coaching and players pay the bills through performance and skill. For more evidence, see Rick Ray and the basketball team's average attendance since that fateful day in Hawaii years back.

Lord McBuckethead
07-26-2018, 08:26 AM
I like the grey pants, maroon top for home.
I like the all white everything for road games.

I do like most of our helmet schemes though.

lastmajordog
07-26-2018, 10:44 AM
I always like the uniforms/helmets BruceThreadgill and John Bond teams wore.......simple and good looking.....

msu15
07-26-2018, 10:48 AM
Don't care as long as those hideous grey pants are gone.

KOdawg1
07-26-2018, 10:55 AM
Don't care as long as those hideous grey pants are gone.

I love the grey pants. I wish we'd wear them on the road some too. The last time we did was 2015 @ Arky.

Maroon helmet, white jerseys, and grey pants would look sweeeeet

Bully13
07-26-2018, 10:59 AM

https://s33.postimg.cc/5z9mx51ov/Never_say_that_again.jpg

Tbonewannabe
07-26-2018, 11:15 AM
Every time I see MSU, I click a link. I am always disappointed because it is ALWAYS Michigan State. Lately with the Michigan State news, I am very happy it isn't related to Mississippi State.

Other than going to Atlanta 20 years ago, our highlights now are of players wearing the M State helmet. Sorry to tell folks but that is our brand in football now about as much as the MS in baseball.

If someone is showing highlights, it is very rarely going to be us wearing the MSJ. I don't care that much honestly but at least the M State is ours. Google MSU. It is Michigan State and that isn't changing so if you want to be USM and steal Iowa's logo more power to you.

I am not opposed to having a tribute to 98 SEC West Champion throwbacks, I am saying we can't really go full time to the MSJ or MSU logo on the helmets without it leading to confusion.

Michigan State even owns the website msu.edu.

Bully13
07-26-2018, 11:57 AM
Every time I see MSU, I click a link. I am always disappointed because it is ALWAYS Michigan State. Lately with the Michigan State news, I am very happy it isn't related to Mississippi State.

Other than going to Atlanta 20 years ago, our highlights now are of players wearing the M State helmet. Sorry to tell folks but that is our brand in football now about as much as the MS in baseball.

If someone is showing highlights, it is very rarely going to be us wearing the MSJ. I don't care that much honestly but at least the M State is ours. Google MSU. It is Michigan State and that isn't changing so if you want to be USM and steal Iowa's logo more power to you.

I am not opposed to having a tribute to 98 SEC West Champion throwbacks, I am saying we can't really go full time to the MSJ or MSU logo on the helmets without it leading to confusion.

Michigan State even owns the website msu.edu.

This makes a lot of sense. Branding is important.

Tbonewannabe
07-26-2018, 01:35 PM
This makes a lot of sense. Branding is important.

Especially with Dak being popular in the NFL, it just makes the M State even more prominent since those are the highlights they show. I would actually say getting to #1 in the first ever college football playoff > losing the SEC Championship game as far as national publicity. It was actually an answer to a Jeopardy question.

NCDawg
07-26-2018, 02:40 PM
I always like the uniforms/helmets BruceThreadgill and John Bond teams wore.......simple and good looking.....

I venture to say 90% of the posters on this board haven't ever heard of Bruce Threadgill. But, you're right, the uniforms/helmets they wore back then were simple and good looking.

Homedawg
07-27-2018, 09:12 PM
Its time to go back to Nike....its been time

Why? So we can be the second most important school to nike in the state?? Let's stay adidas and make our own brand.

Goldendawg
07-27-2018, 09:16 PM
I venture to say 90% of the posters on this board haven't ever heard of Bruce Threadgill. But, you're right, the uniforms/helmets they wore back then were simple and good looking.

Didn't the helmets then just have a MS on them?

pscf3
07-27-2018, 09:57 PM
Didn't the helmets then just have a MS on them?

Yep, the helmets had just the "MS" from 1973 thru 1978; the switch to "MSU" came in 1979.

https://www.hailstateunis.com/football-uniform-history.html

https://www.hailstateunis.com/uploads/5/4/8/8/54881987/maroon-felker_1_orig.pnghttps://www.hailstateunis.com/uploads/5/4/8/8/54881987/maroon-bond_6_orig.png