PDA

View Full Version : Foo Fighters at Fenway Park

BeardoMSU
07-22-2018, 10:36 PM
We saw the Foos at Fenway this weekend. Our fourth time seeing them, but this time the venue made it especially cool. As always, they played for 3 solid hours. Those guys have some chops.

https://image.ibb.co/kgNreJ/foos_fenway.jpg

Bully13
07-23-2018, 10:16 AM
Not Familiar with this band, only their name rings a bell. maybe I'll go You Tube a few more. I always appreciate entertainers that genuinely enjoy putting on a good show though. My favorite band's The Stones and I've seen them 7 times. 2 of those shows absolutely sucked. Thankfully they aged well and their later shows were much better than than the earlier 17 up shows. Dylan is also one of my favorites and I'll never waste a dime on him again like I did at MSG in '86. Here's a clip from Beard's Show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrikR-c1seI

iPat09
07-23-2018, 09:08 PM
Foo Fighters are one of the few bands I want to see live I haven't seen yet. There isn't a single modern group I want to see, and I am only 30. Give me the guys from the 70s and 80s (and some from the 90s) all day long.

Bully13
07-24-2018, 07:54 AM
Foo Fighters are one of the few bands I want to see live I haven't seen yet. There isn't a single modern group I want to see, and I am only 30. Give me the guys from the 70s and 80s (and some from the 90s) all day long.

Interesting Pat. I'm 55 and it's cool hearing that from a 30 year old.

Tbonewannabe
07-24-2018, 09:37 AM

Foo Fighters are one of the best bands you will see live. I saw them way back in the day at Memphis in May and we saw them this year in Birmingham. In Birmingham, Dave brought a guy on stage that played in some punk band in the early 90s that just happened to live around Birmingham. He played guitar and let the guy sing one of their songs. You could tell Dave just loves playing.

Red Hot Chili Peppers are also a good show. They play for a solid 2 - 2 1/2 hours. High energy show.

Oddly enough, Imagine Dragons are fantastic live. They had a set in the middle of the concert where they went to a smaller stage with string instruments. It was very cool.

Bully13
07-26-2018, 06:16 PM
The attitude of the band can make a world of difference. I caught the '81 Tattoo You Stones show in the Super Dome and 1 or 2 songs into the show Jagger announces we are in attendance of the world's biggest indoor crowd in history and shit went nuts. It was one of the few times you feel the performers are so much more honored to be there than you are. It seems you can see it and hear it in them. Great Performance that night needless to say.

Not a big Eagles fan but their perfection on stage is unparalleled and not only do they duplicate the studio sound, they improve and expand on it.

Fleetwood Mac prolly would not make my top 10 in favorites but put on one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Me and a couple of buds drove up to Memphis from Greenwood back in '78 when we were 15 to see Nazareth in the Orpheum Theater. We were 15 and wanted to hear them sing "the song with the word son of a bitch in it"... Then flick our bics to "Love Hurts". Actually, I still kinda like "Hair of the Dog" to this day. But we were all shocked when the warm up band ended up being 10X better than Nazareth, the headliner. Thin Lizzy.

Can you imaging the video footage of a drive with (3) 15 yr old's from Greenwood to Memphis smoking weed and drinking Budweiser headed to a Nazareth / Thin Lizzy Concert in 1978 had one been taken?

Tbonewannabe
07-27-2018, 09:55 AM
The attitude of the band can make a world of difference. I caught the '81 Tattoo You Stones show in the Super Dome and 1 or 2 songs into the show Jagger announces we are in attendance of the world's biggest indoor crowd in history and shit went nuts. It was one of the few times you feel the performers are so much more honored to be there than you are. It seems you can see it and hear it in them. Great Performance that night needless to say.

Not a big Eagles fan but their perfection on stage is unparalleled and not only do they duplicate the studio sound, they improve and expand on it.

Fleetwood Mac prolly would not make my top 10 in favorites but put on one of the best shows I've ever seen.

Me and a couple of buds drove up to Memphis from Greenwood back in '78 when we were 15 to see Nazareth in the Orpheum Theater. We were 15 and wanted to hear them sing "the song with the word son of a bitch in it"... Then flick our bics to "Love Hurts". Actually, I still kinda like "Hair of the Dog" to this day. But we were all shocked when the warm up band ended up being 10X better than Nazareth, the headliner. Thin Lizzy.

Can you imaging the video footage of a drive with (3) 15 yr old's from Greenwood to Memphis smoking weed and drinking Budweiser headed to a Nazareth / Thin Lizzy Concert in 1978 had one been taken?

I saw the Rolling Stones in 1997 in Nashville at Vandy stadium. They were awesome and Mick Jagger's energy level was insane at that point.

We saw Kings of Leon last year at Memphis in May and they put on a great show.

Bully13
07-27-2018, 01:08 PM
I saw the Rolling Stones in 1997 in Nashville at Vandy stadium. They were awesome and Mick Jagger's energy level was insane at that point.

I was at the '97 show in Nashville as well. Saw the Stones 7 times during my days. who knows, maybe 8 may come.

iPat09
07-27-2018, 02:18 PM
Since May of 2017, I've seen Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in Memphis, Journey in Tupelo, Kansas in Huntsville, Styx in Tupelo, and then Styx, Don Felder, and REO Speedwagon in Tuscaloosa. Kansas rocked way more than I expected, as did Styx. REO Speedwagon was kinda meh since Kevin's voice is shot. Journey was pretty good, but Tom Petty tore it up in Memphis. Oh, and Joe Walsh was the opening act for that show. And Asia opened for Journey.

In April of this year, the stars aligned for an unforgettable trip with my brother before we parted ways. We had been living with each other for about 5 years and were in Columbus before he goes to grad school and I start looking for a new job. On a Thursday, Eagles were playing in Birmingham, and the very next day, Bon Jovi was in Atlanta. After seeing Styx in Tupelo (this was in January) we were talking about how glad we were that we made it to see Tom Petty. That's when we decided to make the leap to see Eagles and Bon Jovi. We stayed the night in Atlanta about 2 blocks from the venue, and a block from the College Football HOF, which we also went to. It was a great trip and I couldn't think of a better way to close out that chapter in our lives.

We both love classic rock. It's about the only thing we will listen to, so we are trying to catch as many groups as we can before it is too late. Even if we never see anyone else ever again, a lot of people would kill to see who we saw in a year's time.

BrunswickDawg
07-30-2018, 08:18 AM

Steel Wheels tour at Grant Field/GT ('89?) - Stones put on a great show, but Buddy Guy stole the show opening. He climbed up to the the top of the light tower above the stage and played a killer solo. Whole place exploded.

Jimmy Buffett shows used to be wild before it went totally corporate. Went to Lakewood in ATL in the summer of '91 with a group of friends I had just graduated HS with. Some girls who had just graduated from UGA were behind us on the lawn. They bought us drinks, we gave them weed, and we all danced in a giant conga line around the lawn for about half the night. Went back the next night and saw the Steve Miller Band. Left the next week for MSU. Great way to end a phase of life.

But current bands - Foos are great live, RHCP are still great live. Pearl Jam is still great live. Tedeschi Trucks Band is great live.
I'm seriously considering going down to Jacksonville Labor Day weekend for the final Skynrd concert at Everbank just to say I was there at the bitter end. Saw them when they started to pick up the pieces and play again in the early 90s and they weren't bad (now the crowd, that's another story...).

ScoobaDawg
08-13-2018, 01:27 AM
Foo's are in my top 5 I want to see and will be watching for tour dates next year hopefully.

Tbonewannabe
08-13-2018, 08:47 AM
Just saw Everclear and they rocked. Great show. We are going to see Shinedown and Godsmack this Thursday. My wife likes Shinedown so I told her the next time they were in town we would go. I will come back with a report on how they are live.