PDA

View Full Version : Fitz

stalkingpoon
07-22-2018, 07:32 PM
If Fitz leads us to ATL this year and a 10+ win season will his legacy at QB surpass Daks? Would he have to win it? Or is that mountain to tall for him to climb?

msstate7
07-22-2018, 07:38 PM
If he gets us to Atlanta by beating bama at bama, he passes dak imo.

sleepy dawg
07-22-2018, 07:55 PM
If he gets us to Atlanta by beating bama at bama, he passes dak imo.

I agree. Dak had the privilege of being that first special guy in a long time, or it wouldn't even be a question.

BuckyIsAB****
07-22-2018, 08:05 PM
If we go to ATL he is better than Dak.

He is vastly more talented than Dak but can he develop between his ears and intangibles as strong as Dak was? If he does he might go to NY

MaroonFlounder
07-22-2018, 08:51 PM
Looking at Bama's schedule. Damn. It's almost unfair. They will go 12-0 unless we upset them. If only the game was at DWS.

Hambone
07-22-2018, 10:03 PM
Regardless if he he beats Bama or not, IF we go to the SEC Championship, he definitely surpasses Dak. That being said, if we don’t beat Bama and that’s our only loss, I see NO WAY Bama losses two games with that schedule.

Todd4State
07-22-2018, 10:18 PM
If Fitz leads us to ATL this year and a 10+ win season will his legacy at QB surpass Daks? Would he have to win it? Or is that mountain to tall for him to climb?

Yes. And he needs to beat Ole Miss this year too while he is at it.

TUSK
07-22-2018, 10:21 PM
Looking at Bama's schedule. Damn. It's almost unfair. They will go 12-0 unless we upset them. If only the game was at DWS.

This is correct. The only/biggest threats I see are:
AU
@LSU
MSU

it’s as horrible an SOS slate we could get, IMO.

ShotgunDawg
07-22-2018, 11:22 PM
If we go to ATL he is better than Dak.

He is vastly more talented than Dak but can he develop between his ears and intangibles as strong as Dak was? If he does he might go to NY

Dak was more accurate and threw a better ball.

That imo makes Dak more talented

Todd4State
07-23-2018, 12:18 AM

Dak also had receivers that were more talented.

BuckyIsAB****
07-23-2018, 12:24 AM

If you think Dak Prescott has the arm talent Nick Fitzgerald has I cant help you. Dak doesnt have a bad arm but Fitz has a cannon.

I remember Daks JR year people on here bitched about his completion percentage and then his SR year it went way up. Give Fitz that time before you jump the gun.

Dak isnt as big, isnt as fast, isnt as strong. That is talent. Dak is/was a lot better in between the ears and intangibles. Fitz has one more year to improve there. And he will

Quaoarsking
07-23-2018, 12:32 AM
Win the West or the Heisman or get us into the Playoff. Otherwise Dak stays #1

BuckyIsAB****
07-23-2018, 12:34 AM
Win the West or the Heisman or get us into the Playoff. Otherwise Dak stays #1

Dak will be tough to top. Dak in the 2013 egg bowl will be something I will tell my grandkids about

TUSK
07-23-2018, 12:53 AM
Dak will be tough to top. Dak in the 2013 egg bowl will be something I will tell my grandkids about

Dak just surviving the '15 Bammer Game in Vegas was one of the most impressive things I've seen... That cat was legit in every "toughness" metric...

LSU's Mett had a similar game back in the day.

Dawg61
07-23-2018, 01:23 AM
Sorry but Fitz isn't stronger than Dak. He's a lot faster than him though. Toughness I am giving them a push. Fitz has a stronger arm but Dak has better touch. Pretty evenly matched QBs really. Dak was the dude though no questions asked. It was his team. I'm not knocking Fitz here but Dak was and is an elite leader. Fitz will have to surpass Dak's #1 national ranking achievement to be considered better all-time. Only way he does that is by beating Bama and taking us to Atlanta or getting us in the playoff. He doesn't have to get us ranked #1 necessarily but get us to Atlanta and/or get us in the playoff and he'll surpass Dak.

Cooterpoot
07-23-2018, 06:44 AM
If getting to Atlanta is a criteria, Wayne Madkin is apparently better than Dak? LOL

Matty Dispatch
07-23-2018, 07:02 AM
I think Fitz would have to win the SEC to surpass Dak, because Dak took us to uncharted territory: #1. So Fitz would need to do the same: SEC championship (which would mean CFP too).

There's a lot to overcome if someone wants to surpass Dak in the eyes of the fans because the guy was basically the first rock star football player we've had, then he goes to the NFL and wins rookie of the year (creating tons of new Cowboys fans in Mississippi) and then every time we turn around he's cheerleading for all our sports - not just football. He is our boy, and that will probably never change. But if Fitz could win the SEC he's probably be considered the greatest Bulldog on the field.

ShotgunDawg
07-23-2018, 08:32 AM
If you think Dak Prescott has the arm talent Nick Fitzgerald has I cant help you. Dak doesnt have a bad arm but Fitz has a cannon.

I remember Daks JR year people on here bitched about his completion percentage and then his SR year it went way up. Give Fitz that time before you jump the gun.

Dak isnt as big, isnt as fast, isnt as strong. That is talent. Dak is/was a lot better in between the ears and intangibles. Fitz has one more year to improve there. And he will

I think we define "arm talent" differently.

I define it as the combination of touch, arm strength, accuracy, & quick release. Of those 4 components, Fitz only has 1 that is better than Dak

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-23-2018, 09:08 AM
I think we define "arm talent" differently.

I define it as the combination of touch, arm strength, accuracy, & quick release. Of those 4 components, Fitz only has 1 that is better than Dak

Right, but everything but "arm strength" can be taught to some extent. Those are skills. Talent is what a QB is naturally given... And Fitz with his 2 extra inches and big arm has more talent than Dak, though you're 100% right Dak is the better passer because of the skills. But Fitz has the tools to be better, it's unlikely but it's a possibility

BrunswickDawg
07-23-2018, 10:00 AM
Right, but everything but "arm strength" can be taught to some extent. Those are skills. Talent is what a QB is naturally given... And Fitz with his 2 extra inches and big arm has more talent than Dak, though you're 100% right Dak is the better passer because of the skills. But Fitz has the tools to be better, it's unlikely but it's a possibility

Keep in mind that Fitz is still relatively inexperienced as a QB compared to where Dak was at this same point. Dak was a QB and had 510 attempted throws his Jr. & Sr. years in high school. Fitz played WR in a traditional Triple-Option offense until his SR. year, and then only threw the ball 76 times the whole season. It's amazing that Fitz has been able to progress as far as he has on the real limited amount of experience he has.

I think he makes a big leap this season on the QB metrics.

Johnson85
07-23-2018, 10:24 AM
I think Fitz would have to win the SEC to surpass Dak, because Dak took us to uncharted territory: #1. So Fitz would need to do the same: SEC championship (which would mean CFP too).

There's a lot to overcome if someone wants to surpass Dak in the eyes of the fans because the guy was basically the first rock star football player we've had, then he goes to the NFL and wins rookie of the year (creating tons of new Cowboys fans in Mississippi) and then every time we turn around he's cheerleading for all our sports - not just football. He is our boy, and that will probably never change. But if Fitz could win the SEC he's probably be considered the greatest Bulldog on the field.

If Fitz takes us to the SEC championship, that pretty much means we beat Bama in Tuscaloosa and at worst lose one game in conference. If that doesn't put us at number one, it will be right there and the only reason Fitz will not have surpassed Dak is that Dak built upon his legacy with his NFL rookie campaign.

Todd4State
07-23-2018, 11:07 PM
If getting to Atlanta is a criteria, Wayne Madkin is apparently better than Dak? LOL

I'll still take Wayne's 1999 season over Dak's 2014. And honestly- 1998 as well.

ShotgunDawg
07-23-2018, 11:18 PM
I'll still take Wayne's 1999 season over Dak's 2014. And honestly- 1998 as well.

Give Dak the SEC West competition at that time and our 2014 team probably blows out everyone in the division

Pollodawg
07-24-2018, 10:08 AM
Dak just surviving the '15 Bammer Game in Vegas was one of the most impressive things I've seen... That cat was legit in every "toughness" metric...

LSU's Mett had a similar game back in the day.

I forgot about how bad he got the crap beat out of him that game. Dak was tough beyond doubt.

Pollodawg
07-24-2018, 10:10 AM
I love Nick. He’s a straight up warrior. But there’ll only ever be one Dak. And Fitz would tell you that.

bulldawg28
07-24-2018, 02:26 PM
Give Dak the SEC West competition at that time and our 2014 team probably blows out everyone in the division

What are you smoking?