PDA

View Full Version : Former SEC Players you hated and loved to watch on the field?

BB30
07-20-2018, 02:30 PM
Who are some players from past seasons on other teams in the SEC that you hated when we played them? Who are some names of guys that you enjoyed watching for other teams?

I was 9 or 10 when Lorenzen was at KY. I loved watching that guy play. It always blew my mind how a guy that big could be that athletic.
Jabar Gaffney was another guy I really enjoyed watching play.

96-2000 is really the first SEC football era I could remember watching as a little state fan. Have a lot of good memories going to games then.

I really disliked Nick Fairley. He was a heck of a player but man, I couldn't stand how unnecessarily dirty he could be.

Leroy Jenkins
07-20-2018, 02:39 PM
Percy Harvin
Darren McFadden
Eric Berry
Garrison Hearst
Honey Badger
Derrick Thomas
Tebow

...outside of the obvious Bo, Hershel, etc.

Token Bammer
07-20-2018, 03:06 PM
Johnny Football.

Jack Lambert
07-20-2018, 03:36 PM
I hate to say it but Chad Kelly was fun to watch.

BuckyIsAB****
07-20-2018, 03:40 PM
Aaron Murray
Tim Tebow
CJ Mosley
Ryan Anderson
Darren McFadden
Leonard Fournette
Johnny Manziel
Eric Berry
Roquan Smith

Bully13
07-20-2018, 03:52 PM
Lorenzen cuz what Todd said

Manziel

That druggy asshole that played hoops for tsun. the one Rick Ray said "17 u" to. Always hoping for some John McEnroe shit from him.

as far as the rest, meh. I rarely watch the entirety of anything unless it's MSU so when I am watching them, I'm hoping they suck and we kick their balls in. I'm really not prejudice though because I basically hate EVERYbody.

AusTexDawg
07-20-2018, 04:16 PM
Cant say I hated any of these guys, but loved to watch them:
Darren McFadden
Terrance Cody vs. Lane Kiffin’s Vols

I definitely hated what these guys could do against State, but loved to watch them play:
Romaro Miller
Tim Couch

I loved watching Freddie Milons play for SHS and enjoyed watching his success in college, but hated it was at Bama.

I loathe $cam Newton so much that I still can’t stand to watch him

Leroy Jenkins
07-20-2018, 06:43 PM
And I loved Carnell Williams' style....

Crazy that he and Ronnie Brown were drafted 2nd and 5th in the same draft. That may never happen again.

biggun
07-21-2018, 05:37 AM
Loved watching in person:
Herschell Walker - Herschell was awesome in 1982 in Starkville, but we should have won that game.
David Palmer - electrifying with ball in his hands.
Isaac Bruce - so smooth, he torched us in 1993 in Starkville. 2nd loss in a row to Tigah High
Johnny Football - unstoppable. After an 8-0 start in 2012, we suffered back to back blowout losses @Bama and at home to Johnny Football (over at half), causing ?We Believe? to quickly morph to ?We Suck?
Bobby Humphrey
Cam Newton
Arian Foster
Lionel James
David Cribbs
Dalton Hilliard
Wilber Marshall

WSOPdawg
07-21-2018, 07:44 AM
The one that sticks in my mind -- Keith Carter, pretty sure that dude was on the OM basketball team for 10 years and would drain 10 3's from the corner on us every damn game!!!

Matt3467
07-21-2018, 09:02 AM
I loved watching Matt Jones at Arkansas. He was so electric and it was a shame to see him throw his talent away with drugs.
Tebow was very fun to watch.
Cam Newton even though it's hard after how his recruitment went down.
Johnny Manziel of course.
I loved the Felix Jones and Darren McFadden duo. I know someone spoke of ronnie and Cadillac earlier but I can't believe Arkansas had Matt Jones, Peyton Hillis, Felix Jones, and Darren McFadden all on the field at the same time even though it was only a year for Jones.

Bully13
07-21-2018, 09:24 AM
forgot about Matt Jones at UPIG, thanks for the reminder on that one "Matt". He could flat out fly. Too bad he tried to fly just a little too high though. need to go remind myself of his NFL days and demise.

Liverpooldawg
07-21-2018, 09:31 AM
I can't believe this thread has gone on even this long with out somebody mentioning the most loathsome Ole Miss player of all time. Since nobody has I will: John Forcade.

Herschell, Bo, and Johnny Football were fun to watch.

Bully13
07-21-2018, 09:33 AM
I can't believe this thread has gone on even this long with out somebody mentioning the most loathsome Ole Miss player of all time. Since nobody has I will: John Forcade.

Because it became a love fest for other team's players. But yes, Forcade was the most loathsome of all time.

Dawg61
07-21-2018, 10:35 AM
And I loved Carnell Williams' style....

Crazy that he and Ronnie Brown were drafted 2nd and 5th in the same draft. That may never happen again.

That Auburn team's RB depth chart was disgusting. 3rd back was Kenny Irons NFL player and the 4th stringer that transferred cause he wasn't gonna see the field was big ass Brandon Jacobs who started for the NY Giants for a couple seasons.

Here's a player no-one has named yet but I dreaded facing. JaMarcus Russell, dude torched us. With LSU's WRs and Russell's arm they could score a TD on us anytime they wanted with our shitty DBs under Croom.

In 3 years vs us Russell was 48-56 passing for 672 yards and 6 tds. In those 3 years LSU outscored us 136-24. Croom was the worst coach ever.

CadaverDawg
07-21-2018, 11:23 AM
Didn't necessarily hate these guys, but enjoyed watching them play....

Hines Ward
Danny Weurfel
Tim Couch
Kevin Faulk
Jamal Lewis

Mutt the Hoople
07-21-2018, 06:57 PM
Charles Barkley

Bully13
07-21-2018, 07:38 PM
Charles Barkley

Most underrated College and NBA player of all time. Would like to have a beer with him too. Always liked him. kinda grew into a bromance the way he handled that old lady trashing him during the Final 4. Would love to kick his ass in Golf too.

Activated Alpha
07-21-2018, 08:26 PM
Deuce Mccallister

WPS
07-21-2018, 10:09 PM
I loved watching Matt Jones at Arkansas. He was so electric and it was a shame to see him throw his talent away with drugs.
Tebow was very fun to watch.
Cam Newton even though it's hard after how his recruitment went down.
Johnny Manziel of course.
I loved the Felix Jones and Darren McFadden duo. I know someone spoke of ronnie and Cadillac earlier but I can't believe Arkansas had Matt Jones, Peyton Hillis, Felix Jones, and Darren McFadden all on the field at the same time even though it was only a year for Jones.

Matt Jones left a year before McFadden/Felix Jones got there. That would have been a hell of an option offense though.

Of course that RB duo had to come at a time that was sandwiched between Matt Jones and Ryan Mallett when Arkansas? QB play was terrible.

Dawg61
07-21-2018, 10:18 PM
Matt Jones left a year before McFadden/Felix Jones got there. That would have been a hell of an option offense though.

Of course that RB duo had to come at a time that was sandwiched between Matt Jones and Ryan Mallett when Arkansas? QB play was terrible.

McFadden, Jones and Hillis were fun to watch but those Arkansas teams were some of the most penalized in the nation and had pretty shitty defenses under Nutt. They lost several games with boneheaded penalties and plays.

Goldendawg
07-21-2018, 10:50 PM
I enjoyed and still enjoy watching any SEC players that help contribute to any and all losses in the history of UNM sporting events. Hail State!

lastmajordog
07-22-2018, 08:55 AM
delete

WPS
07-22-2018, 05:04 PM
McFadden, Jones and Hillis were fun to watch but those Arkansas teams were some of the most penalized in the nation and had pretty shitty defenses under Nutt. They lost several games with boneheaded penalties and plays.

He had a mix of good and bad ones IMO. The 2006 defense that won the west was pretty good (outside of giving up 50 to USC aided by a lot of offensive turnovers). Nutt?s defenses were a lot more physical than Bielema?s and probably Petrino?s, but he couldn?t develop a passing game to save his life. I would kill to have one of his offensive lines right now though.

bobcat91
07-22-2018, 08:38 PM
Manziel
Newton
Walker
Bo
Tebow

Lord McBuckethead
07-23-2018, 08:21 AM
Didn't really hate these guys but

Randall Cobb
Julio Jones
Matt Jones
Darren McFadden
Johnny Football
Tebow
Corderrelle Patterson
Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown
Percy Harvin
Marcus Lattimore

louisvilledawg
07-23-2018, 10:17 AM
Randall Cobb
Chris Rainey
Patrick Peterson
Alshon Jeffery
Mike Evans

A guy i love watching play, but also the guy hating the most: AJ Brown. I'm not afraid to admit that that guy is an absolute stud and it's enjoyable to watch him play, but i hate him for not being at MSU.

My two emotions when watching him:https://media1.tenor.com/images/612a72963b79026bb60fc93e20e13906/tenor.gif?itemid=3520833

https://78.media.tumblr.com/512e4a44900fce573e275ddc63a629e4/tumblr_ms31g6CHlR1soj9szo2_500.gif

Lord McBuckethead
07-23-2018, 04:43 PM
AJ Brown is the truth. Too bad circumstances led him to Oxford. Still awesome to see him just outman everyone.

NWADAWG
07-23-2018, 04:46 PM
Played basketball against Matt Jones one day. Dude was extremely lazy 90% of the game but could absolutely leap out of the building when he felt like it.

Bully13
07-23-2018, 06:03 PM
Played basketball against Matt Jones one day. Dude was extremely lazy 90% of the game but could absolutely leap out of the building when he felt like it.

Awesome post. thanks for sharing. The guy was unbelievable.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Jones_(wide_receiver)

. Fans from around the state came to see the 15-year-old sophomore showcase his speed and jumping ability on the hardwood. Jones was known for his ability to finish above the rim off of defensive steals, fast breaks and alley-oop dunks. He helped lead the Pointers to a 5A conference title and was named Super Sophomore by the Arkansas Democrat Gazette. Jones went on to break Corliss Williamson's Arkansas high school basketball scoring record. Jones left Van Buren following his junior year for the opportunity to play quarterback at Northside High School in Fort Smith, Arkansas, as well as be a sprinter on the school track team.

msu15
07-24-2018, 10:05 AM
Loved: Tebow and Cam Newton. Hated: Bo Wallace

WPS
07-24-2018, 01:46 PM

Sounds about like him in football too. People said he didn't even like football very much. Took naps on the bench when the team was on defense lol. Loved watching him play but Arkansas might have been better off playing him at WR and starting Tavaris Jackson at QB. Jackson eventually transferred when he didn't win the job.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbmjZWCHvw0

tcdog70
07-24-2018, 03:32 PM
Pistol Pete-basketball
Archie Who-Football
Albert (don't call Me Joey) Bell-baseball.