PDA

View Full Version : Spirit Chuck

spbdawg
07-20-2018, 01:57 PM
#

Dolphus Raymond
07-20-2018, 02:07 PM
Elements of their fan base are brain-dead.

mstatefan91
07-20-2018, 02:07 PM
I just doubt there's anything to this.. Especially if OM decided to self-report it..

Mimi's Babies
07-20-2018, 02:14 PM
Well.... lets wait and see... Where oh where is the twitter page... seems to be missing today..

Bully13
07-20-2018, 02:18 PM
I just doubt there's anything to this.. Especially if OM decided to self-report it..

Is the "self reporting" part confirmed?

mstatefan91
07-20-2018, 02:19 PM
Is the "self reporting" part confirmed?

Bjork said they self-reported it and that it would be considered a level 3 violation.. But ya know, he hasn't exactly been honest in the past.

From the clarion-ledger..

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2018/07/20/college-football-ole-miss-attends-ncaa-appeals-hearing-investigation-penalties/806787002/

"Bjork confirmed to the Clarion Ledger that Ole Miss recently submitted a self-report to the SEC that exposed a group of fans improperly contacting recruits through Twitter. The NCAA has rules against fans and boosters promoting their school to recruits in any way through social media. In addition, this particular violation involved “direct” and “deliberate” contact, Bjork said. According to Bjork, the incident occurred this winter. He described Ole Miss' response as “standard reporting” of a level 3 violation (the lowest on the scale)."

Leroy Jenkins
07-20-2018, 02:28 PM
"Group of fans" sounds like something that was more of a network than individual rogues.

Bully13
07-20-2018, 02:35 PM
"groups of fans" setting up private chat rooms. ok.

TrapGame
07-20-2018, 02:39 PM
"groups of fans" setting up private chat rooms. ok.

Rules out a singular "rogue booster". A believe a group of rogue boosters might be called a conspiracy. Seems that that should warrant a little higher than a level 3.

spbdawg
07-20-2018, 02:49 PM
#

preachermatt83
07-20-2018, 02:54 PM
1. Is OM not on probation?
2. What is the definition of probation?

TrapGame
07-20-2018, 02:59 PM
1. Is OM not on probation?
2. What is the definition of probation?

And...aren't continuing offenses during probation considered at greater levels of severity? Hmmmmm? I believe they are.

If you are already on probation this ain't no level 3.

C'mon NCAA do your damn job!

Jack Lambert
07-20-2018, 03:07 PM
I bet every SEC message board is going to light up over this. They are some stupid. But on the other hand they only got thump on the wrist last time so why not?

preachermatt83
07-20-2018, 03:12 PM
And...aren't continuing offenses during probation considered at greater levels of severity? Hmmmmm? I believe they are.

That's kind of where I am at on it.

msudawglb
07-20-2018, 03:18 PM
Chuck just confirmed at least one adult booster spoke about impermissible benefits with a recruit.....but it's secondary in nature and nothing to see here.

#repeatoffenderstatus

This offense was reported to have happened with the December 2017 early signees group. In that group was a bunch of 3 star but also two 4 stars, QB-Matt Corral and WR-Elijah Moore. Hmmm....

Really Clark?
07-20-2018, 03:25 PM
There is no such designation as major or minor anymore. You have Levels. Level 1 being the most egregious of violations down to Level 4 which is the least. A Level 3 is handled by the enforcement staff and does not go before the COI. To trigger the repeat offender clause it would have to be classified as a Level 2 or higher. Now just because they self reported it as a Level 3 doesn’t mean the enforcement staff doesn’t reclassify it later during the investigation but if you want to look at Level 3 & 4’s as minor and Level 1 & 2’s as major that would be apportiate for discussions just not official classifications

chainedup_Dawg
07-20-2018, 03:27 PM
somebody correct me if I'm wrong but is this an instance where OM is self reporting it as a level 3 but the NCAA could very well come back and say no, dumbasses, try level 1 under current probation? don't get me wrong, I fully expect the NCAA to shit the bed and do nothing, just a thought.

TrapGame
07-20-2018, 03:28 PM
There is no such designation as major or minor anymore. You have Levels. Level 1 being the most egregious of violations down to Level 4 which is the least. A Level 3 is handled by the enforcement staff and does not go before the COI. To trigger the repeat offender clause it would have to be classified as a Level 2 or higher. Now just because they self reported it as a Level 3 doesn’t mean the enforcement staff doesn’t reclassify it later during the investigation but if you want to look at Level 3 & 4’s as minor and Level 1 & 2’s as major that would be apportiate for discussions just not official classifications

So it's like admitting to the cops you were speeding but you've got kilo of coke in your trunk you don't want to talk about.

Todd4State
07-20-2018, 03:28 PM

That would explain why Ole Miss is classifying this as a level 3 violation.

chainedup_Dawg
07-20-2018, 03:30 PM

well you answered my question as I was typing.

Bully13
07-20-2018, 03:30 PM
I wish the NCAA had subpoena power to confiscate their devices. I'd bet there would be a ton of hammering and bleaching going on in Oxford.

robert
07-20-2018, 03:31 PM
Bjork said they self-reported it and that it would be considered a level 3 violation.. But ya know, he hasn't exactly been honest in the past.

From the clarion-ledger..

https://www.clarionledger.com/story/sports/college/ole-miss/2018/07/20/college-football-ole-miss-attends-ncaa-appeals-hearing-investigation-penalties/806787002/

"Bjork confirmed to the Clarion Ledger that Ole Miss recently submitted a self-report to the SEC that exposed a group of fans improperly contacting recruits through Twitter. The NCAA has rules against fans and boosters promoting their school to recruits in any way through social media. In addition, this particular violation involved “direct” and “deliberate” contact, Bjork said. According to Bjork, the incident occurred this winter. He described Ole Miss' response as “standard reporting” of a level 3 violation (the lowest on the scale)."

The article says they reported to the SEC.....not the NCAA?

Really Clark?
07-20-2018, 03:32 PM
somebody correct me if I'm wrong but is this an instance where OM is self reporting it as a level 3 but the NCAA could very well come back and say no, dumbasses, try level 1 under current probation? don't get me wrong, I fully expect the NCAA to shit the bed and do nothing, just a thought.

Yes. They are self reporting (which is required for a Level 3) but doesn’t mean that the enforcement staff doesn’t change it to a higher violation during the investigation. Doesn’t mean they will either.

Really Clark?
07-20-2018, 03:32 PM
That would explain why Ole Miss is classifying this as a level 3 violation.

You got it

Really Clark?
07-20-2018, 03:34 PM
So it's like admitting to the cops you were speeding but you've got kilo of coke in your trunk you don't want to talk about.

Yeah but doesn’t help if the drug dog sniffs out the kilo

preachermatt83
07-20-2018, 03:34 PM

That's kind of where I am at on it.

Jack Lambert
07-20-2018, 03:35 PM
The article says they reported to the SEC.....not the NCAA?

I think that is the proper protocol.

RocketDawg
07-20-2018, 04:03 PM

Bjork said it happened "last winter" as I recall from reading. Is it possible that it happened before the punishment was handed down (I don't remember when they got the "bad" news)? And if it did, would it still be a repeat offense, since they didn't know for sure that they would receive any punishment?

Cooterpoot
07-20-2018, 04:06 PM
It happened after the slap on the wrist.

spbdawg
07-20-2018, 04:07 PM
#

Mimi's Babies
07-20-2018, 05:14 PM
There is no such designation as major or minor anymore. You have Levels. Level 1 being the most egregious of violations down to Level 4 which is the least. A Level 3 is handled by the enforcement staff and does not go before the COI. To trigger the repeat offender clause it would have to be classified as a Level 2 or higher. Now just because they self reported it as a Level 3 doesn?t mean the enforcement staff doesn?t reclassify it later during the investigation but if you want to look at Level 3 & 4?s as minor and Level 1 & 2?s as major that would be apportiate for discussions just not official classifications

Lets also add that they have been called on the carpet for Rogue Boosters being "out of control" and the administration not being able to control them..... hum.... Rogue Boosters are still OUT OF CONTROL.....

It's been a year since Freezeus resigned.... hum...

Turfdawg67
07-20-2018, 05:20 PM
I can't believe y'all are going to do this to yourselves again... 15 level one violations, players admitting to taking cash on tv, coaches with hookers, text messages from boosters offering incentives... and they got a freaking slap on the wrist! And for the 3-4 of you out there that thinks they got hammered, save it, it just makes you look like a moron. I'll bet you all my v-cash + some real cash that NOTHING happens from this.

ETA... and Mimi, and all her conspiracies, has returned.

MaroonFlounder
07-20-2018, 05:38 PM
It's being told that the main culprits were 14/15-year olds, but I think the one adult is a notorious shart booster with the initials TR. Some of you are probably very familiar.

spbdawg
07-20-2018, 05:40 PM
#

RocketDawg
07-20-2018, 05:59 PM
Lets also add that they have been called on the carpet for Rogue Boosters being "out of control" and the administration not being able to control them..... hum.... Rogue Boosters are still OUT OF CONTROL.....

It's been a year since Freezeus resigned.... hum...

I've never really understood how a school can be expected to control what fans do without their knowledge. Literally everybody has two or three computers at home now with access to social media and fan forums, they have a smart phone ... it can't be policed. Sure, if they're "caught", they can be dissociated but that doesn't really do much good.

Bully13
07-20-2018, 06:05 PM
If anyone thinks tsun would "self report" dick squat unless there was a high probability it would be uncovered by others later, then you are indeed touched, need to seek help and don't know the definition of "Covering one's Ass" .

Bully13
07-20-2018, 06:09 PM
It's being told that the main culprits were 14/15-year olds, but I think the one adult is a notorious shart booster with the initials TR. Some of you are probably very familiar.

14 year olds? considering it's tsun, maybe there's a pedo aspect to all this as well?

Mimi's Babies
07-20-2018, 06:19 PM
What is his name? Spill It!

Check your pm

spbdawg
07-20-2018, 07:24 PM
#

Bully13
07-20-2018, 07:29 PM
Check your pm

I feel like a deer in rut that just got his ass kicked.

Bass Chaser
07-20-2018, 08:08 PM
I don't know why Tay Rowland would be considered a booster?

starkvegasdawg
07-20-2018, 08:09 PM

For once.

Mimi's Babies
07-20-2018, 08:49 PM
For once.

EXACTLY.....

Leroy Jenkins
07-20-2018, 08:53 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dig38MgVQAA1sAl?format=jpg

Pit Bull
07-21-2018, 02:57 AM
This offense was reported to have happened with the December 2017 early signees group. In that group was a bunch of 3 star but also two 4 stars, QB-Matt Corral and WR-Elijah Moore. Hmmm....

Probably took some serious impermissible benefits to get Corral to come to the Plantation.

Bully13
07-21-2018, 06:36 AM

This is an interesting post regarding the matter as the writer attempts to explain how tsun did no wrong and the worst thing that will come of it will be children and their families being denied all the Glory that comes from attending tsun sporting events as Bjork has now classified these kids as rule breaking boosters. From what planet does a college football fan base create rule violating boosters out of 13 year old kids come from? Looks obvious tsun is using tactics typical among the guilty which is to blame others for the same thing you yourself are being accused of. Now tell me again, who set up this private chat room and for what purpose?

Ari Gold
07-21-2018, 08:07 AM
They are an embarrassment to the SEC...

Mutt the Hoople
07-21-2018, 08:19 AM
Does Ole Miss recruit.....or Groom?

duncflydawg
07-21-2018, 08:44 AM
Tay is 100% lying. He?s trying to deflect the blame to some kids even though everyone know he runs the WAOM twitter account. I knew that OM was up to its old tricks when Matt Corrall committed out of nowhere. I mean yeah, no other school wanted him because he?s a walking liability, but still, a 5Star QB coming from Cali to Mississippi basically sight-unseen? How stupid do they think everyone is?

robert
07-21-2018, 08:46 AM
This is an interesting post regarding the matter as the writer attempts to explain how tsun did no wrong and the worst thing that will come of it will be children and their families being denied all the Glory that comes from attending tsun sporting events as Bjork has now classified these kids as rule breaking boosters. From what planet does a college football fan base create rule violating boosters out of 13 year old kids come from? Looks obvious tsun is using tactics typical among the guilty which is to blame others for the same thing you yourself are being accused of. Now tell me again, who set up this private chat room and for what purpose?

600 words to tell us "The dog ate my homework".

Bully13
07-21-2018, 08:56 AM
Somebody earlier mentioned some tsun boosters set up a private chat room then "forgot about it" story. I'm having a hard time understanding why 13 & 14 year olds would be interested in this "found" private chat room they use to influence potential recruits to tsun. These kids would just self start this shit all on their own with no TRUE Ole Miss booster involvement?

AlSwearengen
07-21-2018, 09:09 AM
600 words to tell us "The dog ate my homework".

Exactly. But in this clowns case, the spotted alpaca ate his homework. 13 and 14 yr. old kids being the spotted alpaca. The shit they come up with is mind boggling.

robert
07-21-2018, 09:10 AM
Guy should turn his computer over to NCAA Investigators for a few days....since there is nothing to see here, only a minor infraction, then everyone can move on. lol

Bully13
07-21-2018, 09:17 AM
according to nafoom, here's the guy behind it. tough guy with muscles he likes to self observe in wife beater tee-shirts.

https://www.facebook.com/taylor.rowland.921

CadaverDawg
07-21-2018, 09:58 AM
Ole Miss is a dingleberry on the ass of the SEC. They're like a bank robber that created some elaborate scheme, but could have earned the same amount of money by applying their brainpower to honest work, and avoided jail time. Always trying to cut corners, and get from point a to b in a dishonest way. They spend more effort cheating than they do doing things the right way, and still don't ever win Championships. That program and its fans do not deserve one single ounce of success. They're dirty, dishonest, corner cutters, and the NCAA should be ashamed of themselves for the light sanctions they handed down. They showed no backbone to a snake of a program. And Ross Bjork is a cockroach...how the hell has he survived all of this? He has 9 lives and is a prime example of how awful Ole Miss is for letting him stick around despite his lack of control and willingness to turn a blind eye and help cover up cheating. Hopefully karma catches up one day, but I'll believe it when I see it

TrapGame
07-21-2018, 11:48 AM
So, the excuse is I gave my website over to a bunch of 14 yr old kids and they did it.

Damn.

Bully13
07-21-2018, 01:09 PM
Were the 14 year old's given flow charts on specific players that directed them properly on specific benefits based on star quality and what not?

Dawgology
07-21-2018, 01:29 PM

So let me get this straight. The Ole Miss strategy is to now have a booster create a private page then invite a bunch of high school kids to it that are pro Ole Miss. Then hand the reins of the site over to the high schoolers with marching orders to invite recruits to the page. Thus, putting a wall of children between the boosters and recruits in order to mask the boosters activities.

That's a hell of a strategy. Also, ANYONE that thinks ANYTHING will come of this from NCAA enforcement staff is a moron. The NCAA is a toothless puppet. Ultimately, the NCAA's inability to uphold their own rules will be the downfall of college athletics and the end of the NCAA.

The NCAA doesn't have the balls to do anything about this.

Bully13
07-21-2018, 01:35 PM
Don't have the balls are refusing to use them?

Todd4State
07-21-2018, 02:48 PM
So let me get this straight. The Ole Miss strategy is to now have a booster create a private page then invite a bunch of high school kids to it that are pro Ole Miss. Then hand the reins of the site over to the high schoolers with marching orders to invite recruits to the page. Thus, putting a wall of children between the boosters and recruits in order to mask the boosters activities.

That's a hell of a strategy. Also, ANYONE that thinks ANYTHING will come of this from NCAA enforcement staff is a moron. The NCAA is a toothless puppet. Ultimately, the NCAA's inability to uphold their own rules will be the downfall of college athletics and the end of the NCAA.

The NCAA doesn't have the balls to do anything about this.

That's Tay's excuse. The truth is he runs his twitter account and everything associated with it. Obviously. He's trying to cover his ass so that he doesn't become Ole Miss's Steve Bartman.

I don't think the NCAA will do much about this either- but the fact that Ole Miss as an institution is reporting this is VERY different than their last NCAA investigation which was riddled with lies. Of course that could be because what Freeze was doing was coordinated by the university and I highly doubt that what Tay was doing was coordinated with anyone at Ole Miss.

Tay is basically a wannabe big time booster.

Todd4State
07-21-2018, 02:52 PM
Ole Miss is a dingleberry on the ass of the SEC. They're like a bank robber that created some elaborate scheme, but could have earned the same amount of money by applying their brainpower to honest work, and avoided jail time. Always trying to cut corners, and get from point a to b in a dishonest way. They spend more effort cheating than they do doing things the right way, and still don't ever win Championships. That program and its fans do not deserve one single ounce of success. They're dirty, dishonest, corner cutters, and the NCAA should be ashamed of themselves for the light sanctions they handed down. They showed no backbone to a snake of a program. And Ross Bjork is a cockroach...how the hell has he survived all of this? He has 9 lives and is a prime example of how awful Ole Miss is for letting him stick around despite his lack of control and willingness to turn a blind eye and help cover up cheating. Hopefully karma catches up one day, but I'll believe it when I see it

You know the answer. Because Bjork is willing to play the game with their boosters. That's the main reason why Luke is even the coach now.

As you said they refuse to do things the honest way. Even though that would yield better results for them. Their boosters just can't help themselves- they HAVE to have a hand in getting player x away from MSU and they have to be overly involved in the program. It's pretty terrible and embarrassing.

Todd4State
07-21-2018, 02:55 PM
I don't know why Tay Rowland would be considered a booster?

Because even if you are a casual fan of a school even if you didn't go there the NCAA considers you a booster. That way people like Ole Miss can't use their sidewalk fans to buy off players for them without getting into trouble. So, it's probably a good rule.

Goldendawg
07-21-2018, 04:06 PM
Guy should turn his computer over to NCAA Investigators for a few days....since there is nothing to see here, only a minor infraction, then everyone can move on. lol

Already turned it over to Hillary's staff and the FBI. Nothing left to see here!

Goldendawg
07-21-2018, 04:12 PM

Three things that live through a worldwide nuclear holocaust: Cockroaches, UNM boosters, and Keith Richards! Hail State!

Bully13
07-21-2018, 04:54 PM
One of the problems I see with this is how tech is advancing where folks can set up fake accounts just to bust another school. Hell, videos can be altered these days.

ShotgunDawg
07-21-2018, 05:28 PM

This post is absolutely, 100%, dead ass on.

The culture of that school & program disables them from being able build a sustainable winner.

They may have spikes, where they are really good in 3-5 year stints, but they are not capable of sustaining it. Nothing about the way that school & the culture of that program works, will allow it.

RocketDawg
07-21-2018, 06:21 PM
Because even if you are a casual fan of a school even if you didn't go there the NCAA considers you a booster. That way people like Ole Miss can't use their sidewalk fans to buy off players for them without getting into trouble. So, it's probably a good rule.

I don't think being a casual fan makes you a booster. It takes a bit more than that. Here's what the NCAA says a booster is: https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Booster%20Guidelines%20with%20definitions.pdf

Dawgology
07-21-2018, 07:17 PM
I don't think being a casual fan makes you a booster. It takes a bit more than that. Here's what the NCAA says a booster is: https://www.ncaa.org/sites/default/files/Booster%20Guidelines%20with%20definitions.pdf

If you have bought season tickets you are a booster.

robert
07-21-2018, 07:25 PM

The link defines Division III Booster....may be the same for Division I but maybe not because the two are so different..(No scholarships in D-III)

Bully13
07-21-2018, 07:35 PM
Somebody needs to review the season ticket holding records or any other alumni backed organization records before they are purged. On 2nd thought, I bet somebody's already got that.

robert
07-21-2018, 07:41 PM
I think the rule for D-I is you are considered a "Booster" if you have ever bought a ticket.....I imagine the Tay person has many selfies at o/m games (football, baseball basketball) Fb...I do not think there will take much to prove he is a booster.

Bully13
07-21-2018, 07:58 PM
I think the rule for D-I is you are considered a "Booster" if you have ever bought a ticket.....I imagine the Tay person has many selfies at o/m games (football, baseball basketball) Fb...I do not think there will take much to prove he is a booster.

https://s33.postimg.cc/wadbtzfxr/Wool_heavy.jpg

msubullylady
07-21-2018, 08:02 PM
I am sorry, but after a long 30 year career of teaching jr high students, 13-14 yr olds would be 8th possibly 9th at best.... run a private “chat” room?! They have a hard time thinking at this age much less being “grown up” to carry on adult conversation long enough w/o “what up Dawg” “Lol” and mis-spelled words up the ying/yang. A few are quite exceptional yes; Tay is not 13 nor is he 14.... shoe size possibly. :-)

Mimi's Babies
07-21-2018, 08:13 PM
I am sorry, but after a long 30 year career of teaching jr high students, 13-14 yr olds would be 8th possibly 9th at best.... run a private “chat” room?! They have a hard time thinking at this age much less being “grown up” to carry on adult conversation long enough w/o “what up Dawg” “Lol” and mis-spelled words up the ying/yang. A few are quite exceptional yes; Tay is not 13 nor is he 14.... shoe size possibly. :-)

Preach it..... When one cannot get them to pay attention for 45 minutes.....

Bully13
07-21-2018, 08:16 PM
17 Yr Old 4 Star Football Player to Other 17 Yr Old 4 Star Player: " Hear about that Private Ole Miss Website for Football Players?"

RocketDawg
07-21-2018, 09:48 PM

I don't find it unfeasible for 13-14 years olds (I think he actually mentioned the age group to be 13-17 in his diatribe) to run a chat room; I just find it unfeasible that they'd have one discussing college football recruiting and talking about recruiting inducements that are not allowed.

Todd4State
07-21-2018, 10:24 PM

I agree. Why the heck would anyone allow a bunch of 14 year olds to run a chat room when I would imagine most chat rooms are free? If a 14 year old- or 40 year old for that matter asked me to let them use my chat room I would tell them to get their own.

It's such a lame excuse. He just needs to go radio silent at this point.

Todd4State
07-21-2018, 10:24 PM
Has anyone wondered if Yancy was a part of these chats? That would be hilariously awesome and fitting.

TrapGame
07-21-2018, 10:49 PM
Has anyone wondered if Yancy was a part of these chats? That would be hilariously awesome and fitting.

He was only there for the 14 and 15 year olds.***

Bully13
07-22-2018, 08:06 AM
My son's 14. I'm gonna ask him a hypothetical scenario question and get his take. Should be good.

duncflydawg
07-22-2018, 09:11 AM
Tay is lying (surprise). He has been running that twitter account for years. The guy is obsessed, there is no way he would give it up. I can?t imagine what would happen with him being dissociated. He literally has nothing else to live for.

Leroy Jenkins
07-22-2018, 09:17 AM

He was potentially the one who provided the names of players to target.

Bully13
07-22-2018, 09:40 AM
So Ole Miss Boosters were using 13 & 14 yr old kids as "buffers" to get their way to croots? Can we name this one "Pedo Gate" ?

TrapGame
07-22-2018, 10:42 AM
So Ole Miss Boosters were using 13 & 14 yr old kids as "buffers" to get their way to croots? Can we name this one "Pedo Gate" ?

Just when you think they couldn't sink any lower. They use kids.

Dawgowar
07-22-2018, 11:09 AM
So if they get up to 20 more violations the NCAA will slap their other wrist? I think 21 level one violations makes the NCAA get off the pot so to speak. They just don't shit on the rules violators anymore. At least the sum total of the process and the minor penalties weakened them. ZZZZZZZZZZZ.

Dolphus Raymond
07-22-2018, 11:15 AM
After reading a few threads regarding this subject on a couple Ole Miss message boards (My guilty pleasure during times of crisis in Ole Miss football.) it is obvious that their fans are going out of their way to be dismissive of this episode. While I have no idea what may become of this issue, Ole Miss fans are nervous. (And should be. They are on probation.). If the shoe were on the other foot, while I would not admit it, I would be concerned. If Ole Miss was not on probation, my guess is, at worse, this would be a Redmond type of issue for them; embarrassing, but not catastrophic. I doubt the NCAA is going to take Ole Miss' explanation and move on. I have been wrong before, though.

Bully13
07-22-2018, 11:24 AM
What I'm wondering is if Tay was a lone wolf or were there more boosters involved.

Doggie_Style
07-22-2018, 11:32 AM
Just when you think they couldn't sink any lower. They use kids.

Honestly if that can be proven this story could blow up and could force the NCAA?s hand

WSOPdawg
07-22-2018, 12:29 PM
Honestly if that can be proven this story could blow up and could force the NCAA?s hand

I'm not sure the ncaa wants their hand "forced." After failing to drop the hammer on OM 9 months ago, these toothless tiger fools have proven to be relevant as a 1980s music store and credible as the FBI. Be surprised if the ncaa even knows or cares about it anymore.

DawgFromOxford
07-22-2018, 12:38 PM
Here's my question, it keeps being mentioned as a "chat room." Is that just the term being used and in actuality its a group text message or like a facebook group where people talk back and forth or like a twitter group that people talk in? If it is one of those I don't see it being unconceivable that some 13-17 years old would be in there and talking about and talking to recruits. If its a legitimate chat room in the truest sense then yeah that seems like a terrible excuse. Teenagers don't use actual chat rooms any more. If I'm misunderstanding the situation then can somebody fill in the gaps for me please.

bobtail bob
07-22-2018, 12:46 PM
At this point I don't even know why they are self reporting anything. The NCAA won't do shit.
Get a bunch of cash loaded atm cards and go to work.

Has there ever been a time where everything was as corrupt from top to bottom as it is now ? Nobody is watching the watchers anymore. Maybe it's always been that way and I've just learned over time. I can't even buy a dam honey bun anymore without feeling ripped off in some way, lol.

spbdawg
07-22-2018, 01:13 PM
#

Lord McBuckethead
07-22-2018, 01:47 PM
This is my read too. If a stand alone deal, not a major problem. In tandem with their existing probation and I don't know how the NCAA will react.

They will not react. The NCAA is scared to death of a school taking them to court over a judgement. Too much money at stake now. Back in the day, schools would just take their medicine. Now, nope. They have broken too many of their own rules and now schools have a reason to fight back when punishments do not fit the crime and the NCAA knows it.

Just imagine the next school that has 20 level 1s that gets hammered. They are going to point to the precedent they have already set with their so called Matrix and Ole Miss.

Lord McBuckethead
07-22-2018, 01:48 PM
With that all being said, if I was a baller and had money just sitting around, I would load up visa atm cards and hand them out like candy. Can't be traced. Easier than cash. Not sure, but you may even be able to reload them. Easier than Western Union. Yeah, we all remember that one UM.

Goldendawg
07-22-2018, 02:14 PM
They will not react. The NCAA is scared to death of a school taking them to court over a judgement. Too much money at stake now. Back in the day, schools would just take their medicine. Now, nope. They have broken too many of their own rules and now schools have a reason to fight back when punishments do not fit the crime and the NCAA knows it.

Just imagine the next school that has 20 level 1s that gets hammered. They are going to point to the precedent they have already set with their so called Matrix and Ole Miss.

The NCAA has been afraid to punish anyone since they blew their investigation against Miami. They are all about their enormous cut of a multi-billion business funded by "student athletes". What ever happened with FBI/NCAA basketball scandal? Chuck Person busted, Bruce Pearle won't cooperate with an internal investigation that goes away when they have a great year. The NCAA doesn't want to upset the money machine.

Bulldog1
07-22-2018, 02:16 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dit04z9XsAETfhd?format=jpg&name=medium

TrapGame
07-22-2018, 02:22 PM

Yep, completely agree. NCAA had their chance to send a message and do the right thing. Now, universities will fight them tooth and nail over money. It's all about the money. If anything comes about because of this incident I'll be shocked.

Mimi's Babies
07-22-2018, 05:54 PM
Yep, completely agree. NCAA had their chance to send a message and do the right thing. Now, universities will fight them tooth and nail over money. It's all about the money. If anything comes about because of this incident I'll be shocked.

Could this mess FORCE the NCAA's hand whether they wanted to or not?

bobtail bob
07-22-2018, 07:23 PM

LOL. No . Twenty something levels ones and some roided up douche from Memphis is going to force their hand with his twitter account ? Don't do it to yourself

Dawgology
07-22-2018, 07:55 PM

Short answer: No.

Ole Miss will self impose some little thing and do some retraining. End of story.

Bully13
07-22-2018, 08:06 PM
Sometimes The Color Yellow Makes Me Sad.

ckDOG
07-22-2018, 09:04 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dit04z9XsAETfhd?format=jpg&name=medium

This is what is causing all this speculation? Don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to have f'd up again but this screenshot is a major yawn. Writing them up for boosters handing out cold chicken tenders is all that's coming out of this one. Please tell me there's more...

Dawgology
07-22-2018, 09:27 PM
Sometimes The Color Yellow Makes Me Sad.

??

LC Dawg
07-22-2018, 09:43 PM
This is what is causing all this speculation? Don't get me wrong, I'd love for them to have f'd up again but this screenshot is a major yawn. Writing them up for boosters handing out cold chicken tenders is all that's coming out of this one. Please tell me there's more...

I agree that nothing major comes of all this but as more of these screenshots come out at least we'll have something to laugh at as we wait for football season.

Bully13
07-22-2018, 09:52 PM
??

Take Some LSD then go to a Rolling Stones Concert. It will all come to you.

Dawgology
07-22-2018, 09:53 PM
Take Some LSD then go to a Rolling Stones Concert. It will all come to you.

Lmao! Right on, brother!

ckDOG
07-22-2018, 10:17 PM
I agree that nothing major comes of all this but as more of these screenshots come out at least we'll have something to laugh at as we wait for football season.

+1 keep the screenshots coming

Homedawg
07-22-2018, 11:16 PM

No. These are it...but either way it's. It going to end up being anything. Steve needs to just go away

Dawgbite
07-23-2018, 08:17 AM
??

Quote from Groundhog Day if I'm not mistaken.

Ari Gold
07-23-2018, 08:19 AM
Is this a bigger deal than OM says.? Yes
Are most State fans blowing this up way to big.? For sure

Bottom line is they are still on probation and are having to answer questions and report NEW violations.
Who knows how the NCAA will handle it. I’m sure they are getting really tired of the name ole miss showing up in their inbox.

Bully13
07-23-2018, 08:52 AM
??

I forget where I got that "quote". Don't think I've seen Groundhog Day. It just came to my head and was a weird way of saying the posts indicating no big trouble for tsun makes me sad.

I do know however that colors do taken on more meaning while high on LSD at a Stones Concert.

Dawgbite
07-23-2018, 09:21 AM
I was wrong, R. lee Ermy Geico commercial from about 8 years ago.

CadaverDawg
07-23-2018, 09:45 AM
Haven't read this whole thread, but the fact that they had a 15 year old girl (or someone portraying a 15 year old girl) in that group chat texting and flirting with recruits, is creepy and just really ****ed up morally. Turns out there's a whole lot of Ole Miss people that are sick and twisted.

Bully13
07-23-2018, 09:57 AM
I was wrong, R. lee Ermy Geico commercial from about 8 years ago.

YES!!!! Thank you sir. That IS where I got it. Rest in Peace Gunny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qiQI-zrPvQ

TrapGame
07-23-2018, 10:32 AM
Haven't read this whole thread, but the fact that they had a 15 year old girl (or someone portraying a 15 year old girl) in that group chat texting and flirting with recruits, is creepy and just really ****ed up morally. Turns out there's a whole lot of Ole Miss people that are sick and twisted.

Do we have proof these were 14 and 15 yr olds Tay "gave" his chat room to? Or is this another Analease?

I'm sure if the NCAA had the balls they could check IP addresses and see if there is a 14 or 15 yr old associated with it. I'm pretty sure it would turn out to be another elaborate scheme involving grown ass men pretending to be teenagers to lure recruits.

Dammit NCAA! You could have sent a message and ended this shit!

thf24
07-23-2018, 11:17 AM
I'm sure if the NCAA had the balls they could check IP addresses and see if there is a 14 or 15 yr old associated with it.

They'd have to have subpoena power in order to compel the ISP to give up the information associated with the IP, and all that would tell them is whose name the internet service is in. Though that would likely tell one all they needed to know, even if it wouldn't be hard evidence.

TrapGame
07-23-2018, 11:51 AM
They'd have to have subpoena power in order to compel the ISP to give up the information associated with the IP, and all that would tell them is whose name the internet service is in. Though that would likely tell one all they needed to know, even if it wouldn't be hard evidence.

It would take the NCAA actually giving a damn first. And I just don't see it. They won't hammer a P5 team ever again.

CadaverDawg
07-23-2018, 12:24 PM
Dammit NCAA! You could have sent a message and ended this shit!

Yep

msbulldog
07-23-2018, 12:28 PM

Shades of Analease Presley!

Doggie_Style
07-23-2018, 12:41 PM
Shades of Analease Presley!

Exactly!

https://deadspin.com/fake-female-ole-miss-fan-used-twitter-to-recruit-athlet-1691299370

Todd4State
07-23-2018, 01:48 PM
It would take the NCAA actually giving a damn first. And I just don't see it. They won't hammer a P5 team ever again.

They will if it's a scandal that involves a federal offense. Ask Penn State. Which is why Ole Miss wants to keep the hookers for Freeze and not recruits narrative going.

TrapGame
07-23-2018, 01:58 PM
They will if it's a scandal that involves a federal offense. Ask Penn State. Which is why Ole Miss wants to keep the hookers for Freeze and not recruits narrative going.

They know. They don't care. They'll probably death penalty a P5 tennis team that buys one John McEnroe but they'll leave a P5 football team alone after they buy the entire '84 Bears team.

And that Penn State punishment didn't last long either.

Token Bammer
07-23-2018, 02:16 PM
Exactly!

https://deadspin.com/fake-female-ole-miss-fan-used-twitter-to-recruit-athlet-1691299370

Wow. I didn't know about this. Hugh giving "her" shout outs.....

spbdawg
07-23-2018, 02:53 PM
#

ShotgunDawg
07-23-2018, 03:05 PM
Can we get the NCAA to go investigate LSU now?

Bully13
07-23-2018, 03:08 PM

Ole Miss Fans are Like Muslims. Not all 100% of Ole Miss fans do these types of things but these types of things are always done by Ole Miss Fans.

TrapGame
07-23-2018, 03:14 PM

The NCAA needs regional field agents that monitor recruiting activities. The first time something like this happens right after a dead period there should be a knock on Aleva's door. Not a phone call, a knock with a NCAA investigator asking questions about this abrupt shift in a recruit's decision after a dead period. If it quacks like a duck...

Todd4State
07-23-2018, 04:40 PM
Ole Miss Fans are Like Muslims. Not all 100% of Ole Miss fans do these types of things but these types of things are always done by Ole Miss Fans.

That is so perfect.

Todd4State
07-23-2018, 04:42 PM
They know. They don't care. They'll probably death penalty a P5 tennis team that buys one John McEnroe but they'll leave a P5 football team alone after they buy the entire '84 Bears team.

And that Penn State punishment didn't last long either.

It wouldn't surprise me if they knew about Sandusky either and didn't do anything until people came forward with it.

If I was an Ole Miss fan I'd be real nervous about relying on some hooker keeping her mouth closed just so they could say that they signed Shea Patterson.

Goldendawg
07-23-2018, 05:24 PM
Is this a bigger deal than OM says.? Yes
Are most State fans blowing this up way to big.? For sure

Bottom line is they are still on probation and are having to answer questions and report NEW violations.
Who knows how the NCAA will handle it. I?m sure they are getting really tired of the name ole miss showing up in their inbox.

Have any of their penalties officially kicked in yet or do they all depend on the outcome of the appeal?

Goldendawg
07-23-2018, 05:35 PM

That being said, what's going on with the FBI "sting" in men's college basketball? Not holding my breath on much change in these multi-billion $ "amateur" sports. Too many people at many levels getting a big cut. NCAA is a joke! They should apologize to Will Redmon. There is certainly no reason we shouldn't appeal for our 19 forfeited games back when all they do now is vacate ( if this ever plays out with UM).

msbulldog
07-23-2018, 05:48 PM

Buy the book bammer, it's called Flim Flam, you can probably get a signed copy.

msbulldog
07-23-2018, 05:51 PM
Have any of their penalties officially kicked in yet or do they all depend on the outcome of the appeal?

Everything is on hold pending completion of appeal.

Token Bammer
07-23-2018, 09:21 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Bully13 again.

Mimi's Babies
07-24-2018, 07:42 AM

I was told that there are thousands of tweets.... Who knows.....

Mimi's Babies
07-24-2018, 07:51 AM
The NCAA needs regional field agents that monitor recruiting activities. The first time something like this happens right after a dead period there should be a knock on Aleva's door. Not a phone call, a knock with a NCAA investigator asking questions about this abrupt shift in a recruit's decision after a dead period. If it quacks like a duck...

Getting an regional field agent in Mississippi to investigate anything connected the a state owned entity is a joke.

notsofarawaydawg
07-24-2018, 09:33 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if they knew about Sandusky either and didn't do anything until people came forward with it.

If I was an Ole Miss fan I'd be real nervous about relying on some hooker keeping her mouth closed just so they could say that they signed Shea Patterson.

Ohio State Sex Abuse Scandal .. Click HERE (https://sports.yahoo.com/former-ohio-state-wrestling-team-doctors-alleged-abuse-victims-now-exceed-100-192522634.html)

StateDawg44
07-24-2018, 09:52 AM

Loser post

MagicDawg
07-25-2018, 07:30 AM
15k views on this thread.

SailingDawg
07-25-2018, 10:37 AM
15k views on this thread.

Click an ad, bitches.

spbdawg
07-25-2018, 11:04 AM
#

Spiderman
07-25-2018, 08:12 PM
With that all being said, if I was a baller and had money just sitting around, I would load up visa atm cards and hand them out like candy. Can't be traced. Easier than cash. Not sure, but you may even be able to reload them. Easier than Western Union. Yeah, we all remember that one UM.

That's been the thing for awhile now. Pre paid cards, untraceable unless somebody, Like Tunsil's step daddy talks and hands them the receipt.

Look, even though they did nothing about it basically, the biggest laugh I got was OM acting all offended that they talked about their boosters being out of control for over 30 years (actually been since the late 1940's when Vaught showed up).

Do people really expect them to just stop an ingrained thing? It's always been and still is a Culture of Corruption.