PDA

View Full Version : Can Ole Miss sign a full class in 2019?

Jack Lambert
07-18-2018, 04:19 PM
They have 24 commitments. Other then the bowl ban are they done with the slap on the hand?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-18-2018, 04:48 PM
They have 24 commitments. Other then the bowl ban are they done with the slap on the hand?

They will be back to business as usual after a few more bad recruiting years and getting their ass beat by us in consecutive years.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
07-18-2018, 08:34 PM
They will be back to business as usual after a few more bad recruiting years and getting their ass beat by us in consecutive years.

No reason we should have lost to them last year. Just saying since you have us beating them “in consecutive years.” Hope we rip off 15 years in a row against them, but you don’t lose to your rival as a 14 point favorite.

Goldendawg
07-18-2018, 08:43 PM
They'll have to sign about 40 to mathematically stay in the top 25. Probably think they can revoke the Houston Nutt rule.

3rdGen
07-18-2018, 09:51 PM

Checked in on this thread earlier today...... I see no one has answered your question yet.

Was interested in the answer but beginning to lose it.

SmokeyDawg
07-18-2018, 10:09 PM
I thought they lost 9 over 3 before the last penalties were released, and the additional penalties added a few more over a couple more years. No clue if that is accurate.

Dawgology
07-18-2018, 10:49 PM
They can wrangle the numbers pretty easily to sign a full class

Goldendawg
07-18-2018, 11:02 PM
They can wrangle the numbers pretty easily to sign a full class

How so? Been a while since I read the "sanctions". Can they still sign 25 as long as they process enough to stay under a certain number less than the 85 allowed on scholarship by other schools? Is their appeal holding up application of said penalties? Anyone seen the list of games that will have to vacate their "hard earned victories"?

JunkyardDog
07-19-2018, 10:13 PM
Don’t worry about Ole Miss. Only their top 25 recruits count towards their ranking, same as every team.

Mimi's Babies
07-20-2018, 07:16 AM

More recruiting violations are coming out.. let's see where these lead.

jumbo
07-20-2018, 09:05 AM
As long as they are in the appeal stage the sanctions are not in place, so yes. They can sign a full class.

Dawgology
07-20-2018, 01:14 PM
As long as they are in the appeal stage the sanctions are not in place, so yes. They can sign a full class.

This. So, the sanctions simply reduce your scholarship limit overall from what I understand. So if you get reduced by two the first year but you have 30'ish spots open you can still sign 25...28 if three count backwards. Or you can leverage attrition. Either way the scholarship penalties were a joke. This most current allegation will amount to nothing. I am 100% sure of this.

Homedawg
07-20-2018, 02:20 PM

You get your hopes up way too often on this. You are going to be disappointed....... again.

Mimi's Babies
07-20-2018, 06:22 PM
You may be surprised... It doesn't matter what the level of violation is... The violation happened while on probation..... Should the NCAA decide to not do what is necessary then let the fun games begin... They won't be able to control anyone....

Mimi's Babies
07-20-2018, 06:49 PM
Checked in on this thread earlier today...... I see no one has answered your question yet.

Was interested in the answer but beginning to lose it.

Om is appealing the sanctions... all/most of them... The appeal hearing happened this week. Along with ole Barney appealing his.

Goldendawg
07-20-2018, 06:54 PM

From what is written here, the "penalties" are not all in place due to their appeal(s). Is this correct? As far as more violations coming out and any more "penalties", I'll believe it when I see it.

Goldendawg
07-20-2018, 07:05 PM
You may be surprised... It doesn't matter what the level of violation is... The violation happened while on probation..... Should the NCAA decide to not do what is necessary then let the fun games begin... They won't be able to control anyone....

They already control no one. See UNM. Lawyer up, delay, fight, counter sue, appeal, admit very little, claim to "cooperate", and get a light slap on the hand. No way a school in their position should have 24 commits at this time after all they have done.

Mimi's Babies
07-20-2018, 07:10 PM
They already control no one. See UNM. Lawyer up, delay, fight, counter sue, appeal, admit very little, claim to "cooperate", and get a light slap on the hand. No way a school in their position should have 24 commits at this time after all they have done.

We all agree with you Goldendawg. Ponder on this one.... SMU received the death penalty on the NCAA's second visit to SMU...

Now you understand why there is so much corruption in this state.... Trace the issues/people and they all have connections to OM...

Check your PM

Homedawg
07-20-2018, 09:59 PM

I can assure you I won't be.... this is a pimple.... nothing to see and nothing will happen. Save the oxygen

Homedawg
07-20-2018, 10:04 PM
We all agree with you Goldendawg. Ponder on this one.... SMU received the death penalty on the NCAA's second visit to SMU...

Now you understand why there is so much corruption in this state.... Trace the issues/people and they all have connections to OM...

Check your PM

While I understand your frustration to a degree but, not everyone has been shot from a grassy knoll. Not saying it never happens, just that everything isn't multiple shooters and they happen to be ole miss related. Js