PDA

View Full Version : Finebaum and Pollack love them some Auburn..

fishwater99
07-18-2018, 01:08 PM
Both said that Auburn is better than MSU.
They specifically mentioned how much better Auburn was at QB, the OL and Defense.
We will be playing for 3rd place in the SECW.

What you say??

Percho
07-18-2018, 01:16 PM
I think I will just, hide and watch!

msstatelp1
07-18-2018, 01:16 PM
I say Finebaum sucks Bama and Aubie dick and will say whatever gets him clicks or viewers. If Laura R. had said it, I might put a little credence to it.

Cooterpoot
07-18-2018, 01:49 PM
Finebaum plays to State fans' inferiority issues.

Captain Falcon
07-18-2018, 01:55 PM
I would give them an edge in the passing game, but I would take our OL and I think the defenses will be pretty even. Plus we are playing them at home.

That said, they destroyed us the last two years so we will have to prove it on the field against them before the media gives us respect in that matchup.

LC Dawg
07-18-2018, 02:25 PM
Auburn is damn talented and the fact that we will be playing them a week after a very emotional win over Florida worries me a lot.

maroonmania
07-18-2018, 10:03 PM
That said, they destroyed us the last two years so we will have to prove it on the field against them before the media gives us respect in that matchup.

^^THIS. Its why I don't have a big problem with those thinking Auburn is Alabama's primary competition in the West. We haven't been competitive with Auburn since Dak left. Need to make a statement this year and I'm hoping we don't shoot our wad on FL and have nothing left the next week against Auburn.

Pit Bull
07-18-2018, 10:08 PM
I picked BAMA and Auburn to be our only losses this year. Auburn is loaded and yes, I too give them the edge at QB. If we can get a lot of heat on Stidham, then we may be able to take them in Starkvegas.

THE Bruce Dickinson
07-18-2018, 10:16 PM
I picked BAMA and Auburn to be our only losses this year. Auburn is loaded and yes, I too give them the edge at QB. If we can get a lot of heat on Stidham, then we may be able to take them in Starkvegas.

Auburn lost 4/5 offensive lineman and both running backs. Also, I believe they have significant injury issues at WR. Their D will be good, but they might have a hard time scoring points. Stidham is overrated.

IMissJack
07-19-2018, 05:34 AM
Pollack never seems to give us any appreciation. That doesn't mean we can't lose to AU though.

FISHDAWG
07-19-2018, 07:37 AM
I've called this one correctly for the last 10 years ?. We will beat Auburn this year and Gus will catch a hell of a lotta heat for losing to a 1st year HC (in P-5)

Cooterpoot
07-19-2018, 08:31 AM
Auburn has scored 87 points vs us the last two seasons. They've completely destroyed us. I have no problem with people believing they'll beat us this year. Not saying they will, but it's going to be a tough game.

Lord McBuckethead
07-19-2018, 11:29 AM
Auburn is a better team. Doesn't mean we can't or will not beat them. Last time we played in Davis Wade, shit..... I think their RB just scored again.

We had respect, then we let GA and AU destroy us. Everything resets here in about 51 days though.

BuckyIsAB****
07-19-2018, 12:47 PM
I dont get all the love for Stidham at all. I've never seen a team lose to a non P5 that struggled with Memphis, USF, and others get so much respect coming back when they lost 4 of 5 on the OL.

Auburn doesnt want to throw the ball and if they have to throw it they will lose. Its that simple. All this about Auburns passing game is coming from people who dont know Malzahns offense and are just hyping it up for the sake of having something to talk about

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-19-2018, 01:50 PM
I dont get all the love for Stidham at all. I've never seen a team lose to a non P5 that struggled with Memphis, USF, and others get so much respect coming back when they lost 4 of 5 on the OL.

Auburn doesnt want to throw the ball and if they have to throw it they will lose. Its that simple. All this about Auburns passing game is coming from people who dont know Malzahns offense and are just hyping it up for the sake of having something to talk about

Stidham is a good passer and decision maker. He's very accurate and late in the year made the correct reads. Those guys tend to get too much credit/blame based on how good their OL is... Stidham was able to be calm and relaxed, as his dangerous run game took an extra defender out of the passing lanes. Take away the OL, and now you've got pressure, safeties that don't bite on play action, and panic causes bad decisions. I think he's a good QB but this year could make him look quite a bit different.

mstatefan91
07-19-2018, 02:01 PM
We'll know what they have by the time they get to Davis Wade.. and we'll know what we have

But right now, it all comes down to the trenches and MSU O-line has a step up on AU O-line.. I think the defenses will be neck and neck.. Can Fitz make one more play than Stidham?