runwildjerious
07-18-2018, 12:44 PM
Per Kendall Rogers

Big4Dawg
07-18-2018, 12:44 PM
Finally. Good hire.

runwildjerious
07-18-2018, 12:45 PM
COACHING NEWS: @HailStateBB has hired @NCStateBaseball pitching coach Scott Foxhall to complete Chris Lemonis’ full-time staff at Mississippi State. MSU got a guy with a wealth of experience and a solid track record as pitching coach with Foxhall. #HailState @HailState

preachermatt83
07-18-2018, 12:51 PM
Very good hire. Best recruiting staff in America.

jumbo
You're turn to sign on Carter.

BulldogDX55
https://www.elitedawgs.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3047&stc=1

Todd4State
07-18-2018, 01:04 PM
Outstanding hire! Now people will get to bitch about something else.

Randolph Dupree
07-18-2018, 01:08 PM
I'm still not sold on Lemonis as the head guy, but I like the assistants A LOT and feel like talent will not be an issue in the coming years.

Percho
07-18-2018, 01:13 PM
I'm still not sold on Lemonis as the head guy, but I like the assistants A LOT and feel like talent will not be an issue in the coming years.

Well you better buy in while the price is down. Won't be long it will cost you an arm and a leg.

Randolph Dupree
07-18-2018, 01:18 PM
Well you better buy in while the price is down. Won't be long it will cost you an arm and a leg.

I really hope so!! Also, FWIW I'm not totally negative on it...just taking more of a wait and see approach but so far he's making a lot of good moves.

Bulldog1
07-18-2018, 01:22 PM
I'm not sold on Lemonis yet but this is a good hire.

Tbonewannabe
07-18-2018, 01:23 PM
I really hope so!! Also, FWIW I'm not totally negative on it...just taking more of a wait and see approach but so far he's making a lot of good moves.

One thing is that he was won everywhere he has been similar to Moorhead.

Randolph Dupree
07-18-2018, 01:31 PM
One thing is that he was won everywhere he has been similar to Moorhead.

Yep. But SEC baseball, and SECw Baseball in particular, is a whole different animal, so we'll see. I was pretty down about the hire initially (and not because of Cohen's talk) but so far so good. We'll see how the team progresses this fall and how we do come game time.

Cary Hudson's little bro
07-18-2018, 01:32 PM
What an amazing time to be Bulldog! Foxhall is a truly great hire. I'm stunned.

Commercecomet24
07-18-2018, 01:33 PM
Great hire! Cohen knows what he's doing y'all. You just have to trust his process. We gonna be alright.

ShotgunDawg
07-18-2018, 01:34 PM
Lemonis is walking into such a great situation that we may never know if he was the right hire.

Lemonis is going to win, but it'll be difficult to discern whether he was the OPTIMAL hire because I see no reason that Lemonis won't be able to make us into a consistent host team that competes for Omaha. I think there are 20+ coaches in the country that could've done that.

So in doing so, everyone will paint him as a great coach, but we really won't ever know what Schloss, McDonnell, etc could've done.

basedog
07-18-2018, 01:38 PM
We have been good Most of the time in baseball and we will continue to be good. No problem on the "wait and see" status, JWS summed up winning better than most, "Coaches don't win games they just have to put players in the situation to win the game, players win games"! So true!

basedog
07-18-2018, 01:44 PM
You were right IYOK! If y'all only knew, LOL!

Cary Hudson's little bro
07-18-2018, 02:02 PM
Great players win games. These sumbitches are gonna get some great players! Doesn't matter who the head coach is!

MarketingBully
07-18-2018, 02:18 PM
Great hire and if I’m not mistaken this was our second choice behind Yeskie. Elite recruiter (Casey Mize comes to mind) and a great pitching coach who gets results right away. I’m very pleased with this hire.

smootness
07-18-2018, 02:21 PM
Lemonis is walking into such a great situation that we may never know if he was the right hire.

Lemonis is going to win, but it'll be difficult to discern whether he was the OPTIMAL hire because I see no reason that Lemonis won't be able to make us into a consistent host team that competes for Omaha. I think there are 20+ coaches in the country that could've done that.

So in doing so, everyone will paint him as a great coach, but we really won't ever know what Schloss, McDonnell, etc could've done.

If there are 20+ coaches who can do that, then any one of them is the right hire. Of course we won’t ever know if someone else could have done more, that’s always the case. But one thing that is never helpful is a fan base that can’t quit looking back. So if he leads us to that success, then he was the right hire. Period.

Bully13
07-18-2018, 02:21 PM
We need a plane tracker. Look for flights out of Raleigh, NC to Melbourne, FL.

the_real_MSU_is_us
07-18-2018, 02:30 PM
I know nothing of him except he's supposed to be good. Why did he go from Auburn to NCState?

Dawg61
07-18-2018, 02:40 PM
Stud

NC State baseball named Scott Foxhall its pitching coach on June 30, 2014. Foxhall immediately had a positive impact with the 2015 Wolfpack pitching staff. Following the 2014 season, NC State lost six pitchers due to graduation and the draft, including first rounder Carlos Rodon. Missing every weekend starter and significant reliever from 2014, Foxhall completely rebuilt the pitching staff and shaped them into a group that finished second in the ACC with a 2.93 ERA.

Pack pitchers ranked first in the nation in hits allowed per nine innings, second in strikeouts, and 15th in ERA. Previously undrafted junior pitchers Curt Britt, Jon Olczak, and Brad Stone were all drafted and signed professionally. Lefthander Brian Brown garnered freshman All-American honors. Freshman Tommy DeJuneas pitched for Team USA during the summer. The emergence and development of the 2015 pitching staff was a key ingredient in the Pack?s run to the ACC championship game and the NCAA regional championship round.

Foxhall joined the NC State staff from Auburn, where he spent the 2014 season as pitching coach and served as the architect of Auburn's most recent recruiting classes. His last four classes at Auburn were ranked in the Top 25 nationally, peaking with a ninth-place ranking ahead of the 2013 season.

In 18 years as a collegiate coach, Foxhall has seen 33 of his pitchers selected in the MLB Draft, including seven in the first 10 rounds. He's also improved the draft status of pitchers under his tutelage by an average of 28 rounds. All seven players Foxhall has placed in the first 10 rounds were undrafted prospects out of high school. Foxhall has helped develop seven major leaguers in his coaching careers at Auburn and College of Charleston.

Before heading to Auburn, Foxhall had an outstanding run at the College of Charleston, coaching the Southern Conference Pitcher of the Year four times while also molding one of the better overall pitching staffs in the league. In 2008 his staff led the conference in strikeouts (480) and saves (18) while his 2007 staff led the SoCon in strikeouts (445) and opponent batting average (.275) and was second in the league with a 4.82 ERA.

In 2006 the CofC pitching staff ranked second nationally with a 3.02 ERA behind eventual 2007 13th-round pick Nick Chigges, who went 11-2, earned All-America honors and was named the Southern Conference Pitcher of the Year in both 2006 and 2007, the first time a player repeated as the winner in league history.

In 2005 Foxhall's pitching staff led the Southern Conference with a 4.09 ERA while in 2004 he led a very young but talented corps of pitchers to a school- and SoCon-record of 47 wins and a 4.35 team ERA, holding opponents to a conference-low .268 batting average against.

During Foxhall's coaching tenures at Auburn and CofC, 57 total players have been drafted, four players have been named conference Player of the Year, four have been named Pitcher of the Year and one has been named the conference Freshman of the Year. He has also helped recruit 58 all-conference selections, 17 All-America honorees, seven Freshman All-Americans and nine Academic All-Americans.

Foxhall spent two years as a pitcher at Auburn under legendary coach Hal Baird before heading to College of Charleston, where he was a three-time letterwinner from 1992-94. He is among College of Charleston's all-time leaders in strikeouts (156), games started (28), complete games (nine) and innings pitched (193.2). The Greer, S.C., native earned a degree in Education.

I seen it dawg
07-18-2018, 03:04 PM
If we will go after and get ahead of hitters and speed up the tempo it's a good hire.

Commercecomet24
07-18-2018, 03:36 PM
If we will go after and get ahead of hitters and speed up the tempo it's a good hire.

Right on! Don't freaking nibble, attack hitters!

Pit Bull
07-18-2018, 04:10 PM
Outstanding hire! Now people will get to bitch about something else.

I wouldn't bitch no matter who we hired, but I don't know anything about this guy. Apparently a lot of you do. So what program is he coming from and if you could, tell me something about him. I don't keep up with coaches or recruiting that much. Just know what I hear from various media.

Pit Bull
07-18-2018, 04:14 PM

That's a good point. Seemed like Pilk and Small always took batters to a full count, no matter how their first couple of pitches fared. And in the end, it cost them some innings due to high pitch counts. I say if we get a guy 0-2....go after him and finish him off with your best. Then we might get some complete games out of our better hurlers.

Bully13
07-18-2018, 04:21 PM
I wouldn't bitch no matter who we hired, but I don't know anything about this guy. Apparently a lot of you do. So what program is he coming from and if you could, tell me something about him. I don't keep up with coaches or recruiting that much. Just know what I hear from various media.

Did you not see the write up posted by 61 just a couple of posts above yours?

hobiedawg
07-18-2018, 06:40 PM

Oh, I thought that was War and Peace....

Bothrops
07-18-2018, 08:07 PM
I know nothing of him except he's supposed to be good. Why did he go from Auburn to NCState?

At the time, it was probably a better program.

Pit Bull
07-18-2018, 10:25 PM

I skipped over it....when I see posts that dang long, I figure I don't have time to read them. Did read it and sounds good. Surprised he hasn't gotten some HC offers with 18 years of experience. I would expect him and Gatreau will make good HC prospects pretty soon if we do well next year.

biggun
07-19-2018, 03:04 AM
If there are 20+ coaches who can do that, then any one of them is the right hire. Of course we won’t ever know if someone else could have done more, that’s always the case. But one thing that is never helpful is a fan base that can’t quit looking back. So if he leads us to that success, then he was the right hire. Period.

Amen. And for those who feel the need to declare that they are not “sold” on him, it’s f****** July!!! Are we going to have to listen to you bitch until the season starts, which is a mere 7 months away.............My aching back!

yjnkdawg
07-19-2018, 12:30 PM
Great hire and if I?m not mistaken this was our second choice behind Yeskie. Elite recruiter (Casey Mize comes to mind) and a great pitching coach who gets results right away. I?m very pleased with this hire.

Yeskie was a pipe dream. OSU was not going to lose him, as their pitching coach.