PDA

View Full Version : 2018-2019 EPL thread.....

Liverpooldawg
07-18-2018, 09:52 AM
With the World Cup over the season is fast approaching. Many teams already have a friendly or two under their belts, minus their World Cup players of course. The silly season is well and truely rolling. I'm liking Liverpool's business done so far. If today's news is accurate I am LOVING it.

Liverpooldawg
07-19-2018, 05:23 PM
With the World Cup over the season is fast approaching. Many teams already have a friendly or two under their belts, minus their World Cup players of course. The silly season is well and truely rolling. I'm liking Liverpool's business done so far. If today's news is accurate I am LOVING it.

Yep, LOVING it! Massive statement of ambition from Liverpool this summer. I think we still need a center half and possibly another striker but I'm very excited as is.

TheRef
07-21-2018, 06:46 PM
Okay. So Leicester might have lost one of our biggest pieces this year to Man City in Mahrez. However, Vardy is still doing well in form and Harry 17'n Maguire has shown why he was a good investment last year to grab. We grabbed Maddison in the transfer window which will provide a good spark of young talent for us. Our wingers will definitely have to step up this season with the departure of Mahrez. Everyone's pretty excited for this upcoming season, and I have a legit Leicester kit to wear now for games. Come on you Foxes. Foxes Never Quit!

TheRef
07-21-2018, 06:50 PM
Also, here are Leicester's kits now that we're with Adidas

HOME

https://i.imgur.com/XVEtKyd.jpg

AWAY

https://i.imgur.com/ZyodkpZ.jpg

War Machine Dawg
07-26-2018, 05:06 PM
Arsenal have gotten their buying business done, depending on Aaron Ramsey. I'm not really excited about a couple of our purchases, notably Sokratis and Leno. I do like landing Lichtsteiner as cover for Bellerin. And I'm giddy about Lucas Torreira.

Now we're down to trimming the squad. A couple of youth players, notably THE JEFF, were sold, but no one from the first team squad yet. It looks inevitable that Ospina is FINALLY sold. I'd expect one of Welbeck and Lucas Perez to be sent packing, too. Mustafi might go if the price is right.

First season post-Wenger is going to be strange and exciting. Can't wait for it to get started. COYG

DawgHouseUnited
07-27-2018, 02:49 PM
I haven't been on here in forever (thanks, grad school). Along the way my Southampton Saints barely avoided dropping down. We've since added a couple and moved a few out. I'm going to watch them and see if the Saints continue to fight around the bottom.

Because so much talk is devoted to the top 6, I'm kind of following Liverpool. Interesting talk about Alisson & his fee as a keeper, and Shaqiri- I've heard differing opinions on Shaqiri.

TheRef
07-28-2018, 02:27 PM
Leicester is teasing their third kit. Looks like we will have a white third kit like last year. If so, as long as it's clean I'm happy

https://i2-prod.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/article1836367.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/0_LCFC-third-kit.jpg

Liverpooldawg
07-28-2018, 11:02 PM
4-1 over the bloody Mancs, the REAL ones, not the Middle Eastern Johnnies...….I'll take it....even if it IS the equivalent of a Tom Landry pre-season game!

DudyDawg
08-03-2018, 10:38 AM
Arsenal have gotten their buying business done, depending on Aaron Ramsey. I'm not really excited about a couple of our purchases, notably Sokratis and Leno. I do like landing Lichtsteiner as cover for Bellerin. And I'm giddy about Lucas Torreira.

Now we're down to trimming the squad. A couple of youth players, notably THE JEFF, were sold, but no one from the first team squad yet. It looks inevitable that Ospina is FINALLY sold. I'd expect one of Welbeck and Lucas Perez to be sent packing, too. Mustafi might go if the price is right.

First season post-Wenger is going to be strange and exciting. Can't wait for it to get started. COYG

I think Leno is and upgrade and Sokratis will at the very least provide depth and push the starters. Wouldn?t be throwing parties for getting them but certainly wouldn?t be angry. Especially w Leno.

BiochemDawg
08-03-2018, 04:33 PM
Started following EPL and soccer in general a couple years ago. Haven't really found one team that I'm all in on, but I've started to gravitate toward Everton (sorry Liverpooldawg). They seem to be similar to State in that they are competitive in the league (competing for UCL/Europa), but don't attract top talent like the ManU's of the world. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still learning.

Is there any good way to watch EPL other than paying for the NBC gold? I'm still in grad school and don't want to pay for something unless it's the only way to watch.

Liverpooldawg
08-04-2018, 03:04 PM
Started following EPL and soccer in general a couple years ago. Haven't really found one team that I'm all in on, but I've started to gravitate toward Everton (sorry Liverpooldawg). They seem to be similar to State in that they are competitive in the league (competing for UCL/Europa), but don't attract top talent like the ManU's of the world. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. I'm still learning.

Is there any good way to watch EPL other than paying for the NBC gold? I'm still in grad school and don't want to pay for something unless it's the only way to watch.

Everton is more like Ole Miss!

DudyDawg
08-07-2018, 04:44 PM

Most EPL games are on NBCSN, main channel, not just NBC Gold. But if you need an option, you can find every Game from Liverpool to Long Island on Reddit Soccer streams. Just google that on match day, find the game you want and find a stream that works.

TheRef
08-07-2018, 07:36 PM
Leicester's third kit was revealed in our next to last pre-season match against Valencia...I don't like it

http://www.footballshirtculture.com/images/2018/leicester_city_18_19_adidas_third_kit.jpg

BiochemDawg
08-07-2018, 07:37 PM
Most EPL games are on NBCSN, main channel, not just NBC Gold. But if you need an option, you can find every Game from Liverpool to Long Island on Reddit Soccer streams. Just google that on match day, find the game you want and find a stream that works.

Thanks. I hadn't heard about the Reddit streams before, but I'll definitely be using that.

I wasn't too optimistic about Everton's season this time last week, but the reported Bernard signing has me hoping that maybe they won't be as bad as I thought. Hopefully Mina/Zouma deals can get done before deadline day. Lord knows that back line needs some serious help.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-08-2018, 04:31 PM

Newcastle is always looking for more people to suck the souls out of.

Like someone else said, Reddit has a forum for streams of pretty much every soccer game on earth.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-08-2018, 04:33 PM
Yep, LOVING it! Massive statement of ambition from Liverpool this summer. I think we still need a center half and possibly another striker but I'm very excited as is.

But Man City's massive statements of ambition over years past were ruining the sport

DawgHouseUnited
08-09-2018, 02:55 PM
Any of you seen the skits from these guys?

https://youtu.be/czGDxiVELUk

TheRef
08-10-2018, 10:11 PM
Well we lost to Man U today 2-1 at Old Trafford. Gave up a penalty in the 2nd minute with a handball in the box. Pogba, who actually captained the game, hit it top shelf for the first goal in the 3rd minute. Then we went on a long lull until about the 80th minute when we gave up a pretty damn good goal to go down 2-0. Then Vardy missed a volley that went very high. No worries, though, he came back and put in a poster into the bottom 90 to put us back within 1 with 2 minutes of stoppage left. However, we couldn't find the back of the net again for the equalizer. All in all, I can't really complain about today's game. Madders looked in form today. Ihenacho was pretty good and had some good shots on frame. Off to our next match against the Wolves at the King Power.

BiochemDawg
08-18-2018, 09:58 AM
I can't overstate how much more fun Everton is to watch so far this season than they were last year. Up 2-0 over Southampton at the half. I thought we had overpaid for Richarlison this summer, but he's off to an incredible start. I hope we have this attacking mindset when we play the top 6 as well.

Liverpooldawg
08-20-2018, 03:47 PM
But Man City's massive statements of ambition over years past were ruining the sport

Liverpool has still not reclaimed what they used to be in the English transfer market. What City has been doing is new for them. Also take a look at net spends over the last few years. Liverpool is run like a business, City is run like a billionaire's toy.

TheRef
08-22-2018, 03:30 AM
Well Jamie 17'n Vardy got a red card for a stupid tackle in our 2-0 win over Wolverhampton. I'll say this, we were lucky to walk out of there with 3 points, irregardless of what the scoreline was. Wolves are a dangerous club that are very aggressive on the onset. Good 3 points for us at home, but we head to Southampton next. Here's to another 3 points.....maybe.

Liverpooldawg
08-25-2018, 01:26 PM
Liverpool go top(for now) with a 1-0 win at Anfield over Brighton. It wasn't pretty, but I'm pretty pumped over it. That was the kind of game we would have lost or drawn last year. Allison had little to do but he made a huge save near the end to preserve the win. This was the type of game you have to win if you want to challenge for the title. I'll take it all day long.

TheRef
08-26-2018, 10:04 PM
Slabhead with a 90'+2 header goal to have us get 3 points in a 2-1 clash at Southampton. Now Vardy is suspended until September 15, but our offense seems to be doing fine at the moment. Next up for the Foxes is a home clash against 1-place Liverpool. Should be a fun one

DawgHouseUnited
08-27-2018, 09:27 AM
As I expected, Southampton is looking to be in a relegation battle this season. 3 games in and 1 point to show for it. At least I can entertain myself with watching the Man U drama.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-27-2018, 01:30 PM
As I expected, Southampton is looking to be in a relegation battle this season. 3 games in and 1 point to show for it. At least I can entertain myself with watching the Man U drama.
Newcastle's in the same boat. Not a very good team at all. Between the drama at Man U and the actual soccer that Liverpool and City play, there's plenty to be entertained by.

Liverpooldawg
08-27-2018, 04:45 PM
Manchester United 0 Tottenham 3 @ Old Trafford. :)

Dawg61
08-27-2018, 06:26 PM
Tottenham, City, Chelsea and Liverpool look to be the top 4 this year not necessarily in that order.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-27-2018, 07:54 PM
Tottenham, City, Chelsea and Liverpool look to be the top 4 this year not necessarily in that order.
Tottenham, City and Liverpool have the talent and the cohesion. Chelsea is a bit of an unknown quantity, and they've got 9 points right now but they haven't impressed me like those other 3. If Man U sacks Jose soon and hires Conte or Zidane they could suddenly become interesting too...from a soccer standpoint rather than a circus.

DawgHouseUnited
08-28-2018, 09:50 AM
Tottenham, City and Liverpool have the talent and the cohesion. Chelsea is a bit of an unknown quantity, and they've got 9 points right now but they haven't impressed me like those other 3. If Man U sacks Jose soon and hires Conte or Zidane they could suddenly become interesting too...from a soccer standpoint rather than a circus.

Didn't they just renew Jose's contract though? The guys I listen to on the radio were talking like he needs to go desperately, but the club is kinda stuck with him right now.

Dawg61
08-28-2018, 10:04 AM
I haven't seen Watford yet but they have 9 points so I'm curious.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-29-2018, 12:04 PM
Didn't they just renew Jose's contract though? The guys I listen to on the radio were talking like he needs to go desperately, but the club is kinda stuck with him right now.

Out of curiosity, who do you listen to?

From what I've read and the Total Soccer Podcast episode I just listened to about ManU, Jose and his agent basically leveraged the open PSG job over the summer and Man U more or less panicked and gave him a contract extension. But I personally believe that unless there's something barring it in his contract, ManU will let him go whenever they've had enough. All the Top 6 clubs are basically bottomless pits of money at this point, and they're the biggest of the bunch.

I also think they desperately need to get rid of him though for a million reasons:
- He's a huge asshole--its somewhat fine to be an asshole coach in practice and the locker room and whatnot, but continuously throwing players under the bus in front of the media is completely different level
- His track record is pretty established at this point. Year 2 is the peak and year 3 is a train wreck
- He's supposedly not even on speaking terms with the their Director of Football anymore after the last transfer window because he wasn't given enough transfer $$ in his eyes. The DoF is the person who actually decides who the club buys.
-His style of soccer already didn't jive with the "Man U way", but on top of that it doesn't even seem to be effective anymore
-His style of soccer is boring as hell from an entertainment standpoint
- Pogba is supposedly sick of him, and the rumblings late in the transfer window of him going to Barca were supposedly put out by his agent as a threat to ManU/Jose. It wouldn't surprise me if they basically say "its me or him" after this summer (assuming Jose isn't already gone)

DawgHouseUnited
08-29-2018, 01:40 PM
Out of curiosity, who do you listen to?

From what I've read and the Total Soccer Podcast episode I just listened to about ManU, Jose and his agent basically leveraged the open PSG job over the summer and Man U more or less panicked and gave him a contract extension. But I personally believe that unless there's something barring it in his contract, ManU will let him go whenever they've had enough. All the Top 6 clubs are basically bottomless pits of money at this point, and they're the biggest of the bunch.

I also think they desperately need to get rid of him though for a million reasons:
- He's a huge asshole--its somewhat fine to be an asshole coach in practice and the locker room and whatnot, but continuously throwing players under the bus in front of the media is completely different level
- His track record is pretty established at this point. Year 2 is the peak and year 3 is a train wreck
- He's supposedly not even on speaking terms with the their Director of Football anymore after the last transfer window because he wasn't given enough transfer $$ in his eyes. The DoF is the person who actually decides who the club buys.
-His style of soccer already didn't jive with the "Man U way", but on top of that it doesn't even seem to be effective anymore
-His style of soccer is boring as hell from an entertainment standpoint
- Pogba is supposedly sick of him, and the rumblings late in the transfer window of him going to Barca were supposedly put out by his agent as a threat to ManU/Jose. It wouldn't surprise me if they basically say "its me or him" after this summer (assuming Jose isn't already gone)

I enjoy the SiriusXM FC channel, and I'm in the car listening when Grumpy Pundits comes on. Those two guys really ring the "he's got to go" bell, but they don't think the club will pull the trigger before Christmas. Today they were talking about how surprised they were that so many fans were still on board with Jose.

Liverpooldawg
08-30-2018, 08:54 AM
The biggest thing about Jose and Man U is his style of play is not a fit for the culture there. I hate them but under Sir Alex they played beautiful football when they could. They still had the steel to grind out a 0-1 win at Leeds or West Ham too. The beautiful game has never been Jose's thing. He'd rather park the bus than drive it in the big games. It has worked for him in the past and might again.....at a club that would embrace that style. It worked at Chelski because they had never really won much and didn't care how it happened when they did. It's going to take more than a few more years for it to win over the fans at Old Trafford, especially with their two biggest rivals playing the beautiful game so well now.

WeWonItAll(Most)
08-30-2018, 11:02 AM
It worked at Chelsea during his 2nd year (the magic year for whatever reason), when Tottenham was really the only other big 6 club that wasn't lost in the wilderness (Arsenal, ManU) or early in their rebuilding phase with a new coach (City and Liverpool).

War Machine Dawg
08-30-2018, 09:18 PM
Watching Mou meltdown is awesome. And how dumb was ManU to extend him? His track record is well established by now. He's a short term fixer. No stamina.

DawgHouseUnited
08-31-2018, 06:06 PM
So can they pull out a W vs Burnley? Just for the drama I'd love to see them lose, but I doubt that happens.

The guys on the radio this morning picked my Saints to lose to Crystal palace... SMH they're probably right though. I'm not too optimistic about them this year.

Liverpooldawg
09-01-2018, 09:39 AM
What is it about the water at Melwood that turns keepers brains to mush? We still got the win but I'll be surprised if we stay top. Somebody will pass us on goal difference now.

War Machine Dawg
09-01-2018, 05:52 PM
What is it about the water at Melwood that turns keepers brains to mush? We still got the win but I'll be surprised if we stay top. Somebody will pass us on goal difference now.

Because everyone should be worried about the table after just 4 matches.*****

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 12:43 AM
Because everyone should be worried about the table after just 4 matches.*****

Better at the top than down below no matter what point in the season.

Liverpooldawg
09-02-2018, 12:37 PM
I haven't seen Watford yet but they have 9 points so I'm curious.

If today is any indication Watford are for real. 2-1 over Spurs.

War Machine Dawg
09-02-2018, 08:04 PM
If today is any indication Watford are for real. 2-1 over Spurs.

F the Sp*rs! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Liverpooldawg
09-15-2018, 10:48 AM
15 from 5. It's the first time since 1990 that Liverpool have opened with 5 straight wins.

War Machine Dawg
09-18-2018, 11:07 AM
Arsenal are on a 3 game winning streak. Not the greatest football, but there's some progress. Emery is still clearly experimenting with his team. It'll be interesting to see who he picks for our Europa League game on Thursday. I expect a fairly heavily rotated side.

Ivan Gazidis has resigned as CEO, effective at the end of October. He'll be joining AC Milan in the same role. Raul Sanllehi has been promoted to Head of Football and Vinai Venkatesham has been promoted to Managing Director. Slightly surprising, as it was anticipated Josh Kroenke would take on an expanded role with KSE taking 100% ownership soon.

Liverpooldawg
09-18-2018, 06:08 PM
BOBBY! GET IN!!!!

War Machine Dawg
09-23-2018, 06:56 PM
Arsenal with a 2-0 win over Everton today. Certainly not our best performance, but a win is a win. 3 points is all that matters.

BiochemDawg
09-25-2018, 08:28 AM
Really hoping that Silva/Brands can bring in a couple of quality strikers in January. Everton were the better team for the majority of the match at Arsenal, but we don't have anyone to finish in the final third. Calvert-Lewin was particularly bad.

Liverpooldawg
09-25-2018, 03:05 PM
7-0-0 in all competitions, best start in decades for Liverpool. 2 games against Chelski this week.

DawgHouseUnited
09-29-2018, 09:44 AM
LOLing at United until I remember that I've got De Gea on my fantasy team...

Liverpooldawg
09-29-2018, 01:24 PM
7-0-0 in all competitions, best start in decades for Liverpool. 2 games against Chelski this week.

Lost the Leauge Cup game at Anfield......ho hum. A thrilling draw at the Bridge, Sturrige got the equalizer in the 90th. Liverpool should have hade two more in the second. Chelsea should have too. I'll take the draw at the Bridge....in a New York minute.

Liverpooldawg
10-07-2018, 05:02 PM
Goalless at Anfield with City. It stands City, Chleski, Liverpoool on goal difference, all three on 20 points. With the schedule we had to start the season, I'll take it.

Liverpooldawg
10-28-2018, 11:40 AM
Wow. In all likelihood the club owner was on board.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/leicester-city/story/3680754/helicopter-crashes-outside-leicester-citys-king-power-stadium-after-match

Liverpooldawg
10-28-2018, 11:45 AM
Multiple sources are saying he was on board. It appears there were no survivors.

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-28-2018, 01:40 PM
Multiple sources are saying he was on board. It appears there were no survivors.

What's crazy is nothing is leaking. If that happened in America, we would have known who was dead within an hour of the crash. There, it's all but obvious the owner is dead, and all the media is acting like the government has to confirm it before it's true.

Liverpooldawg
10-28-2018, 03:08 PM
What's crazy is nothing is leaking. If that happened in America, we would have known who was dead within an hour of the crash. There, it's all but obvious the owner is dead, and all the media is acting like the government has to confirm it before it's true.

They actually have responsible media over there. It's still a bit strange though.

Liverpooldawg
10-28-2018, 07:52 PM
It's been confirmed

TheRef
11-01-2018, 09:04 AM
Sorry for not talking about this lately...it's been a rough time for the Foxes and our fanbase. The Boss has been not only great to the club and supporters, but he's been instrumental with the whole Leicester community. After taking over the team, he said that we would be Top 5 in 7 years. When we made the Premiership, he said we would win in 4 years. It took us two. The man had a great vision for the club. After we won the league, he donated ?1 Million to the Leicester Infirmary. He bought supporters beer, food, scarves, season tickets. The man was an amazing person to those around him, even if he was extremely secretive. He never took part in interviews. He was the unseen, unknown hand that wasn't selfish. He was selfless and always wanted the best for the club and the community. His son is expected to be named Chairman soon, as he was already Vice-Chairman. Hopefully he continues his father's vision for the club. It's great to see the whole football community embrace the Foxes in this difficult time. Foxes Never Quit...and rest in peace The Boss.

TheRef
11-01-2018, 09:10 AM
His son has released a message on the website...it's a good read: https://www.lcfc.com/news/894771/a-message-from-aiyawatt-srivaddhanaprabha

I would like to thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for this overwhelming support.
Thank you, also, to Leicestershire Police and the Emergency Services. Their fast response on Saturday kept a lot of people safe. Their professionalism and sensitivity since then have made the last few days as bearable as they could be.

What happened made me realise how important my dad was to many people all over the world and I’m touched by how many people kept him close to their hearts.

I’m extremely proud to have such an extraordinary father. From him, I have received a very big mission and legacy to pass on and I intend to do just that.

I know that I will receive the support I need to make this happen and I am so grateful for all your messages and kind words.

For a long time, my father taught me to be strong and to take care of my family. He loved his family. He made Leicester City into a family. And nothing would make him prouder than to see how the Leicester City family that he built is supporting each other through a time of such sadness.

My dad had a way of teaching me about life and work without making it seem like a lesson. He was my mentor and role model.

Today, he has left me with a legacy to continue and I will do everything I can to carry on his big vision and dreams.

My family and I would like to thank each and every one of you for your sincere kindness and good intentions during the most difficult time for us.

I miss you dad, with all of my heart.

TheRef
11-01-2018, 09:11 AM
If you wish to leave a message of condolence, you can do so online: https://www.lcfc.com/condolence

War Machine Dawg
12-03-2018, 08:34 PM
North London is RED!!!! Also, Sp*rs suck. Throwing a banana peel at Auba? Seriously? You stay classy, Sp*rs.

Liverpooldawg
12-04-2018, 08:02 PM
Merseyside is also red, as usual. Gotta love Klopp!

Liverpooldawg
12-08-2018, 05:50 PM
Liverpool go top!

Liverpooldawg
12-17-2018, 06:31 PM
Don't sack Jose!

BrunswickDawg
12-18-2018, 08:43 AM
Don't sack Jose!

He gone!

Liverpooldawg
12-18-2018, 09:04 AM
He gone!

Dang, I was hoping they would keep him. I imagine seeing Pogba on the bench as Liverpool beat their brains in was the last straw. It was only a matter of time though, he almost always gets the sack in his third year wherever he goes.

Liverpooldawg
12-18-2018, 08:17 PM
Jose won a League Title at every stop, except Man U. :D

Liverpooldawg
12-22-2018, 11:56 AM
THANK YOU CRYSTAL PALACE! 4 points clear at Christmas!

Palace are currently the only one of my "other" teams in the top flight. What a day!

Liverpooldawg
12-26-2018, 12:17 PM
THANK YOU Leicester City! 6 points clear of SPURS at the top on Boxing Day!

TheRef
12-27-2018, 02:25 PM
THANK YOU Leicester City! 6 points clear of SPURS at the top on Boxing Day!

You're welcome. Claude decided he wanted to actually win games the last two weeks. Let's see if it continues the rest of the year. If so, we may actually keep him.

Liverpooldawg
12-30-2018, 03:21 PM
7 points clear of City headed to their ground Thursday.

Liverpooldawg
01-03-2019, 04:53 PM
I didn't expect to beat City on the road, but I had hoped for a draw. City had to win, and they played with desperation. Liverpool did not. City's passing was better overall. So was their finishing. We had a gilt edge chance early and didn't take it and I think that set the tone of the game. We had two late. City had five and scored twice. We had five and scored once. 2-1 to City. Really good game. We are still 4 points clear. 7 would have been better. 10 would have been hard to overcome. The title race is well and truly on. Now how do we reapond to the first defeat? That may tell the tail. The schedule favors us slightly. We only have two big six games left, two at home.

Liverpooldawg
01-19-2019, 11:56 AM
Good grief Palace nearly got us too. What a game! 4-3 to Liverpool. 7 points clear pending the City game tomorrow.

Liverpooldawg
01-19-2019, 11:58 AM
And Everton drop into the lower half of the table. ;)

Liverpooldawg
01-22-2019, 12:52 PM
Wow.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/3756574/cardiff-city-emiliano-sala-on-board-missing-plane-french-civil-aviation-authority

Liverpooldawg
01-29-2019, 06:41 PM
Cheers Rafa!

Liverpooldawg
01-30-2019, 08:11 PM
The gap is 5, dang Leicester City.

Liverpooldawg
02-04-2019, 05:15 PM
Two straight draws. We have an injury crisis at the back and it's starting to show. The gap is 3.

Tbonewannabe
02-11-2019, 10:37 AM
So I have started to watch a little more Premier League. My buddy used to live in London for about 3 years and he lived a couple of blocks from Stamford Bridge. So I started watching Chelsea some. Of course they start sucking when I start watching them. Since I have started paying closer attention, I have seen them win 1 damn game.

Liverpooldawg
02-11-2019, 01:27 PM
City are top on goal difference but we have a game in hand. We have to get some people back.

Liverpooldawg
02-11-2019, 01:31 PM
So I have started to watch a little more Premier League. My buddy used to live in London for about 3 years and he lived a couple of blocks from Stamford Bridge. So I started watching Chelsea some. Of course they start sucking when I start watching them. Since I have started paying closer attention, I have seen them win 1 damn game.

Chelsea still have plenty of talent but something isn't right there. The manager has been saying the team isn't motivated and he cant motivate them. He won't last long but that's a big indictment of the locker room culture. They may be on the way back to what they used top be. Abromavich isn't spending like he used to since the Brits denied his entry visa in the wake of the poisoning in Salisbury.

Tbonewannabe
02-11-2019, 03:21 PM
Chelsea still have plenty of talent but something isn't right there. The manager has been saying the team isn't motivated and he cant motivate them. He won't last long but that's a big indictment of the locker room culture. They may be on the way back to what they used top be. Abromavich isn't spending like he used to since the Brits denied his entry visa in the wake of the poisoning in Salisbury.

I don't know that much about it but saw that the manager might be out pretty soon especially after losing 6-0 against Man City.

WeWonItAll(Most)
02-12-2019, 07:07 PM
Should have sold Hazard for an incredible amount over the summer. I'm not convinced he's not a cancer in their squad at this point. Now they'll lose him over the summer to Real anyways and their top youth guy who was slated to fill his spot, Callum Hudson-Odoi (sp?), is demanding to be sold to Bayern over lack of opportunities at Chelsea.

Liverpooldawg
03-03-2019, 01:30 PM
We gave up the lead, dang Toffees. City's lead is 1 point.

Tbonewannabe
03-05-2019, 01:32 PM
Should have sold Hazard for an incredible amount over the summer. I'm not convinced he's not a cancer in their squad at this point. Now they'll lose him over the summer to Real anyways and their top youth guy who was slated to fill his spot, Callum Hudson-Odoi (sp?), is demanding to be sold to Bayern over lack of opportunities at Chelsea.

Is it due to the current manager or is Hazard dead set on going to Real? I might actually go to London next year so maybe I can catch a Premier League game somewhere if the wife is ok with it. She like the Atlanta United game we went to but doesn't want to watch soccer on TV because it is "boring".

Liverpooldawg
04-02-2019, 02:13 PM
It looks like the title race is going to the wire. There will probably be an unexpected turn or two but the games to watch: Chelsea @ Liverpool; City @ United; and Spurs @ City. My guess is City takes it, they are playing really well right now...Liverpool not so much.

Liverpooldawg
04-02-2019, 07:24 PM
Fulham were relegated today. They join already relegated Huddersfield.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-05-2019, 08:28 AM
Is it due to the current manager or is Hazard dead set on going to Real? I might actually go to London next year so maybe I can catch a Premier League game somewhere if the wife is ok with it. She like the Atlanta United game we went to but doesn't want to watch soccer on TV because it is "boring".

He's been very open about wanting to go to Real for a while, so I think its a him thing. It will be interesting to see what happens now that Chelsea has a two-window transfer ban though. With the mega-clubs, UEFA/FIFA usually tend to delay the ban by one window and give the clubs a chance to position themselves to weather the punishment, but they didn't do that for Chelsea so they wont be able to make any new deals to acquire players this summer or next winter. Hazard's contract runs out at the end of next season, so if they hold on to him and he refuses to sign a new contract, they could lose him for free. But if they sell him this summer, they won't be able to replace him.

Catching a game would be awesome though. If Premier League club tickets are too expensive or impossible to find, it seems like Fulham is universally acclaimed by both the English and Americans as a really good stadium/experience, and they'll be in the 2nd tier next year.

Liverpooldawg
04-06-2019, 10:29 PM
Mo and Hendo back amongst the goals today! City still has the inside track but I think we are going to force it to the wire. Rationally City wins it.............Come on you Reds!!!

TheRef
04-09-2019, 10:29 AM
Honestly, I'm surprised we are as high on the table as we currently are. COME ON YOU FOXES.

Liverpooldawg
04-12-2019, 10:28 PM
Honestly, I'm surprised we are as high on the table as we currently are. COME ON YOU FOXES.

Tough one for you today...……….but vital for Raffa and Newcastle. They are probably my third EPL team this year behind Liverpool and Palace because of Raffa. Now next year it looks like Norwich will be up. I spent a few days in Norwich a few years ago. It's maybe my favorite city ANYWHERE. When they come up, they go to second behind Liverpool.

Liverpooldawg
04-14-2019, 03:58 PM
Liverpool 2 Chelsea 0 It's going to the wire.

War Machine Dawg
04-15-2019, 08:39 PM
Arsenal back into the top 4, beeches!!!! Ugly win, but who gives a damn? We needed it. And a road clean sheet? Oh hell yeah!!!! What Emery has done with this group is a relative miracle. Can't wait until we can sell a few of them in the summer and bring in some new blood.

Really keeping an eye on the Championship nowadays. No chance of Hull coming up this year, as they're stuck in mid-table and in ownership hell. 5 points off the final playoff spot isn't insurmountable, but I doubt they sneak into it. Don't see much changing, in fact it'll probably get worse, until the Allams finally sell. But who knows when the 17 that'll be, as the greedy bastards are asking way more than anyone is willing to pay and selling off all the playing assets.

Looking like Norwich & Leeds could get the automatic promotion spots. Sheffield United, West Brom, Villa, and Bristol City currently sitting in the playoff spots, but Boro is just one point back of Bristol and Derby County 2 points back. And Sheffield United is just 3 points back of Leeds for the 2nd auto promotion spot. Should be a helluva battle for promotion. Really rooting for Leeds to come back up, if I'm honest.

Liverpooldawg
04-17-2019, 02:55 PM
So, as of about 8 AM our time City did not have a sell out for their Champion's League second leg at home against Spurs. Pep was interviewed yesterday and he was begging the fans to show up and create an atmosphere. It seems they didn't want to chance it. There is video of them testing crowd noise over the PA in an empty stadium today. They also placed plastic flags on every seat. If UEFA ever decides to actually enforce the FFP rules City will be relegated.

Liverpooldawg
04-18-2019, 08:26 AM
All of City's desperation to somehow manufacture an atmosphere didn't help. That must have been some game. The Liverpool vs Barca semi is really no surprise. The Ajax vs Spurs one though! Who saw THAT coming? Barca will be tall order for us. It's doable though. The trick I think is to keep it within striking distance for the return leg at Anfield. Nicking an away goal would really help. I wish city had gone through. They have a definite advantage in the league now.

Tbonewannabe
04-18-2019, 09:16 AM
So, as of about 8 AM our time City did not have a sell out for their Champion's League second leg at home against Spurs. Pep was interviewed yesterday and he was begging the fans to show up and create an atmosphere. It seems they didn't want to chance it. There is video of them testing crowd noise over the PA in an empty stadium today. They also placed plastic flags on every seat. If UEFA ever decides to actually enforce the FFP rules City will be relegated.

I am a newbie to EPL so what is the FFP rules? I don't follow EPL closely but I do watch when it is on and I am a casual observer. One of my friends lived in London for around 3 years and lived by the Chelsea stadium so I have kind of adopted them as my team. I don't have any particular attachment to any other team otherwise.

Liverpooldawg
04-18-2019, 10:23 AM
I am a newbie to EPL so what is the FFP rules? I don't follow EPL closely but I do watch when it is on and I am a casual observer. One of my friends lived in London for around 3 years and lived by the Chelsea stadium so I have kind of adopted them as my team. I don't have any particular attachment to any other team otherwise.

Financial Fair Play. A club is actually supposed to support itself without massive injections of non-debt serviced outside cash. It was a response to Chelsea to begin with. They were never much till Abromovich started throwing money at them. As he has pulled back, they are receding. Currently PSG and Man City are the best examples. Both have been caught.....and slapped on the wrist. City are under investigation again. Milan is awaiting punishment.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-18-2019, 05:02 PM

Financial Fair Play. A club is actually supposed to support itself without massive injections of non-debt serviced outside cash. It was a response to Chelsea to begin with. They were never much till Abromovich started throwing money at them. As he has pulled back, they are receding. Currently PSG and Man City are the best examples. Both have been caught.....and slapped on the wrist. City are under investigation again. Milan is awaiting punishment.

It was also in response to smaller clubs running up a huge debt in attempt to either stay in the Premier League or to try to get promoted to the Premier League, then pay off the debt the next season. When it didn't work the club would then have an impossible amount of debt to pay off and basically put themselves on the verge of bankruptcy. Portsmouth is the most extreme example but teams like QPR and Leeds also went down similar paths.

From the perspective of non-major clubs, FFP looks more like the implementation of a glass ceiling, or like the major clubs are pulling the ladder up behind them and ensuring no one else can get to their level. All of the big clubs can basically spend what they want and do shifty accounting work to make the numbers check out, then if they still get caught, its a slap on the wrist. But if you're in the Serbian second division and you break FFP, be prepared to get hammered. Similar to the jokes about how the if the NCAA catches Alabama committing a recruiting violation then some D3 softball team is about to get hammered with violations. Man City is basically waging war with FIFA/UEFA over FFP, so it will be fun to see how that plays out.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-18-2019, 05:04 PM
Tough one for you today...???.but vital for Raffa and Newcastle. They are probably my third EPL team this year behind Liverpool and Palace because of Raffa. Now next year it looks like Norwich will be up. I spent a few days in Norwich a few years ago. It's maybe my favorite city ANYWHERE. When they come up, they go to second behind Liverpool.
He'll be gone in the summer, presumably.

Liverpooldawg
04-19-2019, 10:21 AM
It was also in response to smaller clubs running up a huge debt in attempt to either stay in the Premier League or to try to get promoted to the Premier League, then pay off the debt the next season. When it didn't work the club would then have an impossible amount of debt to pay off and basically put themselves on the verge of bankruptcy. Portsmouth is the most extreme example but teams like QPR and Leeds also went down similar paths.

From the perspective of non-major clubs, FFP looks more like the implementation of a glass ceiling, or like the major clubs are pulling the ladder up behind them and ensuring no one else can get to their level. All of the big clubs can basically spend what they want and do shifty accounting work to make the numbers check out, then if they still get caught, its a slap on the wrist. But if you're in the Serbian second division and you break FFP, be prepared to get hammered. Similar to the jokes about how the if the NCAA catches Alabama committing a recruiting violation then some D3 softball team is about to get hammered with violations. Man City is basically waging war with FIFA/UEFA over FFP, so it will be fun to see how that plays out.

Yes, that too. Leeds were in the Champion's League semis about 15 years ago and were challenging Man U for the title. They almost went under. They DID have to sell their stadium. They now rent what they used to own. It nearly happened to Liverpool. We were about a week away from being liquidated when FSG bought us. The previous owners nearly ruined us, it was almost a Rangers type thing. Rangers are an even more extreme example than Pompey. The current Rangers are technically a completely different club than the one that last won the SPL under that name. They WERE liquidated. The current club is a new one that bought the assets of the former club, including the name and the stadium at what amounted to a bankruptcy sale. They were forced to start out in the Scottish 4th division. Many purists thought they should have been forced to start out non-league and work their way up from there. I think those were all Celtic supporters though! Anyway, Rangers prove that it CAN happen to a big club.

Liverpooldawg
04-19-2019, 10:25 AM
He'll be gone in the summer, presumably.

It looks that way. He has worked wonders with what little he has to work with. Newcastle needs new owners. Newcastle is one of the sleeping giants of English football. Newcastle is sort of an "in" town. They have a massive stadium by English standards. They have a wonderful and extremely loyal fan base. They have it all but the right ownership.

Tbonewannabe
04-19-2019, 11:38 AM

So would it essentially force a small team like Kansas City Royals to have a smaller payroll of say 70 Mil whereas the Yankees and RedSox have 150Mil to spend? Kansas City wouldn't be allowed to buy players to get to that level of payroll? Trying to put it in terms I understand.

Man City is more financially successful so they can spend more in payroll than someone like Leeds.

Liverpooldawg
04-19-2019, 10:17 PM
So would it essentially force a small team like Kansas City Royals to have a smaller payroll of say 70 Mil whereas the Yankees and RedSox have 150Mil to spend? Kansas City wouldn't be allowed to buy players to get to that level of payroll? Trying to put it in terms I understand.

Man City is more financially successful so they can spend more in payroll than someone like Leeds.

ManCity are bankrolled by one of the ruling families from the UAE. They don't make nearly enough money to spend what they do. That's my point about them and the FFP. If it was enforced, they aren't even close to what they are. It wasn't that long ago they were promoted. Heck I remember when they were relegated for the last time. They are actually a small club along the lines of present day Everton or Chelsea pre-Chelski. Without the oil money being illegally pumped in, they are nothing. The FFP was designed in part to prevent rich men's toys like City from buying titles.

Liverpooldawg
04-21-2019, 06:25 PM
City took down Spurs yesterday. Liverpool won today. My guess is they both win out and City wins by 1 point.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-22-2019, 02:03 PM

Yes, though Man City (and PSG) is actually an example of what FFP is basically trying to stop from happening again. Man City does not, and definitely did not 10 years ago, produce enough revenue to spend the amount of money they have spent over the past decade to get to where they are now. They were bought out by the Abu Dabi United Group around 2008, which means they quite literally have the UAE government funding them and pumping hundreds of millions of dollar into the club. PSG essentially went down the same path but with Qatar instead of the UAE.

So using your baseball analogy and the numbers in it, FFP was created to essentially stop two scenarios from happening:

1) Jeff Bezos decides he wants to buy the Royals and expand their payroll to $200m. The Royals only produce enough revenue for a $70m payroll, so he pumps $130m of his personal money into the team each season so that they can have one of the best teams in baseball. This is basically what Chelsea did two decades ago, and what PSG and Man City have done in the last decade.

2) This one is more lengthy and imaginative: Say all the minor league teams are independent franchises and there is promotion and relegation between the MLB, AAA, AA, A. The Memphis Redbirds are sitting in AAA, where everyone's revenue per season is between about $5-15m. The Redbirds decide its a good idea to take out a loan to expand their payroll from $8m to $40m for the upcoming season. The logic is that they will now have the best team in AAA, win the championship, and get promoted to the MLB where the TV $$$ and what not is so much more lucrative that it will ensure that their revenue will at least be $70m the next season. The problem is, they don't get promoted. Now they have a $32 million dollar outstanding loan that they cannot pay off and their club in on the verge of collapse. This is somewhat like what Portsmouth, Leeds and Rangers did.

Scenario 1 is the part that makes it feel like FFP is the creation of a glass ceiling. From the perspective of non-major clubs, the major clubs that got big a long time ago (Man U, Barca, Liverpool, Real, etc.) don't like new money (City/PSG) and certainly don't want more new money. So now there's a FFP rule to keep you from breaking out of your spot in the hierarchy unless you're able to have a sustained level of success that leads to a natural growth in revenue. The problem is, if you have success and you aren't at the top of the food chain, you'll get ravaged by the big clubs during the transfer window. So it becomes a Catch 22 situation.

Liverpooldawg
04-24-2019, 08:48 AM
For today ONLY I'm a Manchester United fan. This is probably the last realistic chance for City to drop points. I don't see it happening but maybe somebody will slip for City.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-24-2019, 04:00 PM
City took down Spurs yesterday. Liverpool won today. My guess is they both win out and City wins by 1 point.

Y'all are going to drop points against Newcastle, I'm feeling it.

Liverpooldawg
04-24-2019, 05:39 PM
It won't matter now. United 0 City 2. City have a cake walk the rest of the way, they won't drop any points in the last three. We will finish with the highest point total not to win the league ever.

WeWonItAll(Most)
04-24-2019, 07:04 PM
It won't matter now. United 0 City 2. City have a cake walk the rest of the way, they won't drop any points in the last three. We will finish with the highest point total not to win the league ever.

I think you?re right now that they don?t have Champions League. If Burnley didn?t just hit the 40 point mark in their last game I?d say they could at least give a scare. They?ve been good their last 5 games and they get them at home, but they?ll probably be a little less edge since they just hit the magic number.

Liverpooldawg
05-01-2019, 11:26 AM
THIS is Liverpool.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/26635541/liverpool-rising

Liverpooldawg
05-01-2019, 05:25 PM
Well, that was ugly. Messi is Messi and Barcelona are the best team in the world.

Liverpooldawg
05-04-2019, 04:57 PM
The title race will go to the last day. I suspect City wins it by 1 pt.

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-06-2019, 03:24 PM
The title race will go to the last day. I suspect City wins it by 1 pt.

25' to go and sphincters are tight in the Etihad. Leicester has the players to be very dangerous on the counter if City gets too aggressive here

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-06-2019, 03:28 PM
Schmichael has made some fantastic saves

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-06-2019, 03:30 PM
Oh my god what a shot by Kompany. Nobody bothered to close him down, even after he almost shot from 8 yards further back.

Liverpooldawg
05-06-2019, 05:23 PM
And that's it. No way Brighton gets a result against City.

War Machine Dawg
05-07-2019, 11:50 AM
Helluva title race. Arsenal suck, but hopefully we can win the Europa Leage. European Trophy + Champions League spot next year = good season. Need serious squad overhaul in the fall, but I'm thinking we bring in 4, 5 players max. Probably 3 or 4 realistically.

Liverpooldawg
05-07-2019, 03:57 PM
THAT was Anfield!!!!!!!!!!

Unfreaking REAL!

Liverpooldawg
05-07-2019, 03:58 PM
Overturned 3-0 down to BARCA with no Salah and No Firmino. The European night of all time.

Liverpooldawg
05-08-2019, 04:04 PM
So Spurs say hold my beer! UNREAL!

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-09-2019, 08:45 AM
So Spurs say hold my beer! UNREAL!

I?ll never again complain about teams dribbling down into the corner to waste time. Ajax has 2-3 chances to do that in extra time and instead went for the dagger every time. The attack that lead to the winning goal for Spurs started with like 12 seconds left of the extra 5?.

Liverpooldawg
05-09-2019, 03:59 PM
I?ll never again complain about teams dribbling down into the corner to waste time. Ajax has 2-3 chances to do that in extra time and instead went for the dagger every time. The attack that lead to the winning goal for Spurs started with like 12 seconds left of the extra 5?.

Yep. They are VERY young and it showed right there. IF they can hold that bunch together they are going to be frightening in a few years. They won't though. They don't have the funds to keep the really big names and the league is not that prestigious. The Big fish want to be fed more and swim in a bigger pond. The 18 year old Captain is already tipped to leave for Liverpool or Barca this summer.

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-10-2019, 10:01 AM
Yep. They are VERY young and it showed right there. IF they can hold that bunch together they are going to be frightening in a few years. They won't though. They don't have the funds to keep the really big names and the league is not that prestigious. The Big fish want to be fed more and swim in a bigger pond. The 18 year old Captain is already tipped to leave for Liverpool or Barca this summer.

Yea there's no way they're holding that group together. People were already sniffing around half their squad before the season, now that they've made this run, they'll get a king's ransom for those guys. They've already made a deal with Barca for Frenkie de Jong for like $88m. Developing youth and selling them has been Ajax's MO for a long time.

Tbonewannabe
05-10-2019, 11:57 AM
So is Hazard officially done at Chelsea after the next game?

Liverpooldawg
05-10-2019, 02:22 PM
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1126925118960046080

AWESOME

Liverpooldawg
05-10-2019, 02:26 PM
Both European Finals are all English. Three of the four finalists are from London. Arsenal and Chelsea are about 8 miles apart in
London. They have to travel 2800 or so miles to Baku. That is farther east than Baghdad.

Liverpooldawg
05-12-2019, 11:24 AM
97 points and finish second, unreal. Hats off to City. Now, let's win the Champion's League. YNWA!

Tbonewannabe
05-12-2019, 02:14 PM
So Chelsea and Real Madrid are in negotiations for Hazard.

Liverpooldawg
05-13-2019, 02:35 PM
https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/truth-man-city-liverpool-net-16267269

Spending in the EPL

Liverpooldawg
05-13-2019, 07:27 PM
https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2019/05/13/report-uefa-investigators-to-recommend-ucl-ban-for-man-city/?fbclid=IwAR3I-tK3M0_Be31UWU_MK0ALBqO1xmFXaZqk999LDlBQfyIoWPjefsD Hm-s

I'll believe it when I see it.

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-13-2019, 08:26 PM
So Chelsea and Real Madrid are in negotiations for Hazard.

Like I said earlier in the season, he made it very public he was ready to go to Madrid last summer. At least he still seemed to give Chelsea his best effort this season. He seems like a real professional.

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-13-2019, 08:33 PM
Both European Finals are all English. Three of the four finalists are from London. Arsenal and Chelsea are about 8 miles apart in
London. They have to travel 2800 or so miles to Baku. That is farther east than Baghdad.

I think I read that each team was only allotted something like 7000 tickets. Arsenal isn't even going to be able to take Mkhitaryan with them because he's Armenian and they think there's that serious of a risk of him being harmed in Azerbaijan if he made the trip. I'm sure the UEFA executives got nice bribes/kickbacks though.

Tbonewannabe
05-14-2019, 01:48 PM
Like I said earlier in the season, he made it very public he was ready to go to Madrid last summer. At least he still seemed to give Chelsea his best effort this season. He seems like a real professional.

The blurb I heard was that Hazard and his family were already looking at houses in Madrid and where to send the kids to school so it is pretty much a lock at this point. It is just how much does Chelsea get for him. The guy that was talking about it said that Real Madrid thinks he should be discounted since he only has a year left and wants to leave. The Chelsea side says that he is already house shopping so they need him as soon as possible.

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-14-2019, 06:18 PM
The blurb I heard was that Hazard and his family were already looking at houses in Madrid and where to send the kids to school so it is pretty much a lock at this point. It is just how much does Chelsea get for him. The guy that was talking about it said that Real Madrid thinks he should be discounted since he only has a year left and wants to leave. The Chelsea side says that he is already house shopping so they need him as soon as possible.

Once players are within the last year of their contract the potential buying club typically tries to get a discounted transfer fee because once they player has less than 6 months on his contract he's allowed to sign anywhere he wants with no transfer fee. Something to note with transfer news, if this is your first time really following it, it seems like even the big established news sources have no problem with reporting pretty much any rumor they come across. You pretty much have to take everything with a grain of salt, its very tabloid-y.

Liverpooldawg
05-14-2019, 08:38 PM
Once players are within the last year of their contract the potential buying club typically tries to get a discounted transfer fee because once they player has less than 6 months on his contract he's allowed to sign anywhere he wants with no transfer fee. Something to note with transfer news, if this is your first time really following it, it seems like even the big established news sources have no problem with reporting pretty much any rumor they come across. You pretty much have to take everything with a grain of salt, its very tabloid-y.

Yep, the media over there will repeat anything if it has to do with football. You have to learn which sources to trust. It even varies within outlets depending on which reporter is reporting it. For Liverpool the Echo is the best. They will report rumors, but they will usually tell you where the rumor came from, and if it has any legs. They are just as good for Everton. If it's their guys reporting it first, it doesn't always pan out, but it usually has at least some fire to go with the smoke. The Spanish media is THE worst.

War Machine Dawg
05-15-2019, 09:30 AM
When it comes to transfer talk, David "The Ornacle" Ornstein is the gold standard. The guy is really plugged in and doesn't say something unless he can back it up.

And I'm going to slightly disagree with you, Liver. I think the Turkish media is worse than Spain when it comes to transfer rumors. I've yet to see anything from a Turkish outlet that panned out.

Liverpooldawg
05-15-2019, 10:33 AM
When it comes to transfer talk, David "The Ornacle" Ornstein is the gold standard. The guy is really plugged in and doesn't say something unless he can back it up.

And I'm going to slightly disagree with you, Liver. I think the Turkish media is worse than Spain when it comes to transfer rumors. I've yet to see anything from a Turkish outlet that panned out.

Wouldn't surprise me. Their fans are insane for sure. We haven't been involved with them much transfer wise so I'm not as familiar with them. I basically don't pay much attention to Liverpool related transfer stuff unless it's in the Echo or from one ex-Echo guy whose name escapes me at the moment.

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-26-2019, 10:28 PM
Rumors floating around the Twitters today that Fat Ashley is selling Newcastle to Sheikh Mansour's cousin. It originated from the Sun, so its most likely crap. But Newcastle didn't deny it in their official response to the rumor, which is an aberration from how they've responded to the previous rumors of the club being sold over the past 2 years.

LOL if true.

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-27-2019, 12:14 PM
https://twitter.com/SkySports_Keith/status/1133045189323497474

Keith Downie
‏Verified account @SkySports_Keith
52m52 minutes ago

Sheikh Khaled confirms he?s agreed terms to buy NUFC from Mike Ashley. They say they?re working hard to complete the transaction. According to NUFC the statement is genuine #NUFCTakeover

https://media.giphy.com/media/rl0FOxdz7CcxO/giphy.gif

Tbonewannabe
05-29-2019, 12:46 PM
So is the Premier League going to be owned by Saudi Arabia? How many is owned by actual British companies or people?

WeWonItAll(Most)
05-29-2019, 07:27 PM
So is the Premier League going to be owned by Saudi Arabia? How many is owned by actual British companies or people?

Off the top of my head, Liverpool is owned by Americans
Man City is obviously owned by Arabs (UAE I believe)
Chelsea's owned by a Russian
Man U is a publicly traded company
Spurs are owned by a Brit
Arsenal by Americans
Southampton by Chinese
West Ham is owned by British brothers who got their start in the porn industry
Leicester was owned by a Thai mogul. Don't know what's happened since he died
Sheffield United, who will be in the PL next year is 50% controlled by a Saudi Prince

Newcastle is currently owned by a British businessman, and he's absolutely horrendous. He's often referred to as the Fat Bastard by Newcastle fans

Liverpooldawg
05-30-2019, 10:44 AM
Off the top of my head, Liverpool is owned by Americans
Man City is obviously owned by Arabs (UAE I believe)
Chelsea's owned by a Russian
Man U is a publicly traded company
Spurs are owned by a Brit
Arsenal by Americans
Southampton by Chinese
West Ham is owned by British brothers who got their start in the porn industry
Leicester was owned by a Thai mogul. Don't know what's happened since he died
Sheffield United, who will be in the PL next year is 50% controlled by a Saudi Prince

Newcastle is currently owned by a British businessman, and he's absolutely horrendous. He's often referred to as the Fat Bastard by Newcastle fans

Man U is publicly traded but the majority owners are American. They also own the Tampa Bay Buccaneers I believe.
The Thai family still own Leicester.

Liverpooldawg
06-01-2019, 11:44 PM
Damn good year! The funny thing is....we won the one City really wanted, and they won the one we really wanted. Trade ya next year Caity!