PDA

View Full Version : If we end up 10-2 or better...

BB30
07-17-2018, 07:14 PM
If we look up at the end of the season and are a 10+ win team give me someone unexpected that stepped up.

Give me a player on offense and a player on defense.

I would like to see Malik Dear step up on O now that he is healthy. I think he could be a huge weapon for us and have a break out season.

On defense I am going with a corner. It has been a while since we have had a true lock down guy at corner. I don?t know if we have one on the roster but I would love to see our play at corner improve as it is the only position on defense at this point that looks weak. Obviously having the pass rush that we will have will benefit those guys but I want to see a corner really step up this year.

Thoughts?

klong-dog
07-17-2018, 07:29 PM
On offense I go with Guidry. Would be huge if we can get a consistent, big, outside threat.

On D I go with Leo Lewis. The ability is there, now is time for the production. Runner up, Cam Danzler.

Leroy Jenkins
07-17-2018, 07:46 PM
Mixon... Tubby with more top-end.
Cole... NFL talent, does it translate to an actual game?

I think we already know what everyone else is, so no real bold predictions there. Personally, I like watching these two guys play.

SmokeyDawg
07-17-2018, 08:35 PM
I'll go with Whop on offense. I hope Guidry has a big year as the deep threat, but Whop having a big, consistent year may open it up for others to make their contributions.

On Defense I'll say Peters. He needs a big senior year and that would help our chances of 10+.

Bothrops
07-17-2018, 09:09 PM
Mixon... Tubby with more top-end.
Cole... NFL talent, does it translate to an actual game?

So is Deddrick Thomas

ShotgunDawg
07-17-2018, 09:20 PM
I'm not sure we need an "unexpected player" to step up for us to go 10-2.

I actually think we are talented enough to go 10-2 with the "expected players" staying healthy and playing to their potential.

I'll go with Brian Cole though. I think he's going to be the surprise star on our defense.

MaroonFlounder
07-17-2018, 09:39 PM
If we go 4-2-5 on Defense, and have Cole, Abram and McLaurin all on the field at the same time, .that would be great.

Pit Bull
07-17-2018, 10:47 PM
Jesse Jackson.

Todd4State
07-17-2018, 10:50 PM
Dear and Jonathan Abram.

Goldendawg
07-17-2018, 10:52 PM
Chauncey Rivers/ Marquise Spencer, gives Greene and Sweat a breather and the opposition doesn't know what continues to hit them! Hail State!

louisvilledawg
07-18-2018, 08:30 AM
Dear and Jonathan Abram.

Damn I love Abram. And props to you Todd for not saying Abrams.

Johnson85
07-18-2018, 09:52 AM
If we end up 10-2 or better, that basically means our question marks were resolved satisfactorily. Basically Whop and/or Guidry were solid outside threats and Dantzler and Peters were solid corners and Cole filled the nickel role adequately, we avoided any key injuries, and we learned the offense quickly enough to be ready for games we could win primarily off of defense (so basically the florida, Auburn stretch if we avoid turnovers at KSU). I don't know that we have to have any big surprises on either side of the ball, provided you don't think it's a big suprise for Whop and/or Guidry to be a solid outside threat.

IF we get the above, but Whop and/or Guidry are the type of outside threat to really make people pay if they play them one on one, we have a shot at better than 10-2. If we get that, and Dantzler and Peters are not just good enough in coverage to keep people in front of them, but actually press people when we turn our front seven loose, then I think we're national championship caliber.