PDA

View Full Version : Mullen just said he won't run the same offense at Florida as he did at MSU...but wil

99jc
07-17-2018, 02:02 PM
Call plays that will put them in situation to win. What was he doing here. He won't change .

preachermatt83
07-17-2018, 02:06 PM
Yes he will. That's all he knows, he just realizes defenses can look at his film from when he was here and he loses any element of surprise. QB draw on 3rd and 8 only works so many times before someone figures it out.

Cooterpoot
07-17-2018, 02:07 PM
Screen passes

thf24
07-17-2018, 02:11 PM
Oh, okay, so he wasn't calling plays that put us in situations to win here. So he's lying to at least one involved party.

Captain Falcon
07-17-2018, 02:11 PM
Yeah, I do not believe that for one second.

msudawglb
07-17-2018, 02:18 PM
Call plays that will put them in situation to win. What was he doing here. He won't change .

Goodness, he's in over his head.

TrapGame
07-17-2018, 02:44 PM
Megan may divorce him for a Publix manager in Orlando.**

Ok, seriously, that actually left his mouth? Damn Dan. Did you have secret playbook you never told us about?

Leroy Jenkins
07-17-2018, 02:50 PM
That's up there with McGriff saying they will "... run a defense that stops every type of offense".

99jc
07-17-2018, 03:08 PM
That's up there with McGriff saying they will "... run a defense that stops every type of offense".

He also stated that one of the main mistakes he made here was he was a control freak. Wanted to control everything. That's probably the main reason we went through so many def Cord. when asked about the MSU game this year he tried to downplay it but the smile on his face indicated he knew he was in for an ASS whooping.

msudawglb
07-17-2018, 03:15 PM
He also stated that one of the main mistakes he made here was he was a control freak. Wanted to control everything. That's probably the main reason we went through so many def Cord. when asked about the MSU game this year he tried to downplay it but the smile on his face indicated he knew he was in for an ASS whooping.

He is already planning for when things head south at Florida. He is going to delegate more at Florida so that he has someone to blame on the bad offense or defense.

shoeless joe
07-17-2018, 03:44 PM
Much ado about nothing. He basically said that he didn't have a nick Fitzgerald on his team so he wasn't gonna be able to do the same stuff. Of course his scheme and approach will still be there but he was merely stating that his offense will be made to fit the personnel.

He definitely does come off as an arrogant know-it-all that thinks he's a few rings above everyone else. We all knew it but now that he's wearing different colors it stands out even more.

Johnson85
07-17-2018, 04:16 PM
Much ado about nothing. He basically said that he didn't have a nick Fitzgerald on his team so he wasn't gonna be able to do the same stuff. Of course his scheme and approach will still be there but he was merely stating that his offense will be made to fit the personnel.

He definitely does come off as an arrogant know-it-all that thinks he's a few rings above everyone else. We all knew it but now that he's wearing different colors it stands out even more.

He said the same thing about us when we had Tyler Russel at QB. And in his defense, he called a pretty good game against non-SEC defenses, when our lack of SEC quality WRs other than Bumphis didn't leave our O dead in the water. I don't think there's any doubt though that he's be more effective when he has a credible running threat at QB.

Todd4State
07-17-2018, 04:16 PM
Same offense different personnel. Of course in his head he thinks it will work better cause it's Florida.

lastmajordog
07-17-2018, 06:15 PM
Yes he will. That's all he knows, he just realizes defenses can look at his film from when he was here and he loses any element of surprise. QB draw on 3rd and 8 only works so many times before someone figures it out.

Don’t forget jump pass on short yardage at the goal...

West Tn Dawg
07-17-2018, 08:21 PM
What pisses me off is listening to the media at SEC Media days are constantly pimping Dan up as some great coach. Today one was picking him as the next best coach behind Saban. He was never picked higher than 5th or 6th when at State. Hasn't coached a Gator down and now he's 2nd to Saban? Keep talking about his pedigree. What pedigree has he all of a sudden got?
I hope we stomp the pedigree out of his Ass!

SmokeyDawg
07-17-2018, 08:52 PM
Quote from SDS from FL LB Reese on how predictable their offense was last year- “I’ve got an aunt that tells me that all the time,” Reese said. “She said, ‘It makes me mad watching that. I knew it was going to be a power.’ I said, ‘That’s not my side of the ball.’ I try to stay in my lane, but I definitely heard that before.”

Needless to say, Reese’s aunt won’t be calling out plays in Mullen’s offense.

“Yeah,” Reese said. “I feel good about that.”

Hope she doesn't pay attention too much.

BrunswickDawg
07-17-2018, 09:58 PM
Quote from SDS from FL LB Reese on how predictable their offense was last year- “I’ve got an aunt that tells me that all the time,” Reese said. “She said, ‘It makes me mad watching that. I knew it was going to be a power.’ I said, ‘That’s not my side of the ball.’ I try to stay in my lane, but I definitely heard that before.”

Needless to say, Reese’s aunt won’t be calling out plays in Mullen’s offense.

“Yeah,” Reese said. “I feel good about that.”

Hope she doesn't pay attention too much.

She is going to love QB off RT on 3rd and 7.

fishwater99
07-18-2018, 12:56 PM

he doesn't know another offense. That's obvious.